Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 11 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 11 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:20 am

Two words: Desire Sensor

More words: If you want something, the game sense it and will not give you any. Statistically, Rathalos/ian plate have 1~3% drop chance, so it is rare.

Now for example of desire sensor: When I'm fighting Rathian, I only need to fight it twice for 2 Rathian plates because I was satisfied with the Barroth Armor. Rath Talon however, have 70% drop chance yet I didn't get it until I fought Rathian over 20 times because I want it for my Rathian Armor. Now I'm trying to get Rathalos Plate, I never got any yet Rath Talon are flooding in.

Also... I curse your luck, sir. If you ever meet me real-life, shoot first before I feed you to sharks XD
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:11 am

Hey guys, what's the best weapon to cut off Diablos Tail? I'm pretty adequate user of SWAX, Lance, and GS (Can't use LS to save my life). Any tricks to help ease the tail-cutting?
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:36 am

Bimasena009 wrote:
Hey guys, what's the best weapon to cut off Diablos Tail? I'm pretty adequate user of SWAX, Lance, and GS (Can't use LS to save my life). Any tricks to help ease the tail-cutting?

Axe with power phial: Sonic bomb diablos in mid dig, Flash bomb when he jumps out of the ground, swing like mad at the tail.

Another axe: Tail attack with the upswing.
Diablos will leave a lot of openings when he charges and horn swings.

Tripping over also works for effective tail cutting.

If you use a GS, a swift lvl3 charge swing to the tail is guaranteed when you do the sonicbomb/flashbomb trick.
That slash will do the trick easy.
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Poison Sac   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:04 pm

how do i get poison sacks from the gigginox?

mod edit: topic merged to correct location ;)
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:13 pm

there is a 12% chance of getting them by carving gigginox, 27% by capturing it, and 36% chance of getting it by breaking it's tail.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:35 pm

So, I'm just a round of online or two away from confronting Jhen for my high rank status. As a gunning only character, what would some recommended armor sets and gun combos be for fighting this imposing beast? I have all low rank gun parts (even rustshard gun) and low rank gunning armors. This is a personal challenge to go through the game using only a gun, so I don't want to equip blade just for this.
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:56 am

Try jaggid/thundacrus/thundacrus?

Barroth barrel's short range is actually a hindrance against jhen since you cant hit its mouth for full damage from the boat. RF pierce 2 does less dps than regular pierce, but it might be useful for ammo conservation (you should bring and use all available combines for pierce 1 before switching to RF). Jaggid fire frame is practically a necessity though, as nothing else shoots a reasonable amount of pierce.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 am

Unless you REALLY know what you are doing, try and stay away from using a BG against jhen. Especially a low rank one. I'm fairly sure that with pro transporter or speed gather you'll be able to do more damage using the ship weapons.

Another downside is the fact that those who fought jhen before will think you are crazy for using a BG. And they're not even completely wrong either. Anyhow, should you decide to just be pro and use a BG, listen to Dain, pierce is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Pieprsn
Jaggi
Pieprsn

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:04 pm

So, I've been doing a new GS/LS account, and I've pretty much finished offline at this point. I was wondering if it would be possible to build two sets with the following skills in Low Rank:

Set 1:

Sharpness +1
Earplugs (low grade or high grade; in low rank, it doesn't really matter)
Crit Draw
Tremor Resist (not necessary, but if it's possible, I'd like it)

Set 2:

Sharpness +1
EaU
Earplugs
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:28 pm

here is the set i use for sharpness/crit draw and earplugs http://divinewh.im/s/1.H_1f_1l_1e_m_1e.1l.1k_a.n

here is a set for the other skills
http://divinewh.im/s/0_1P.m_1l_1e_1k.n_l_15.A.m

If you would like me to make a better set go ahead and ask, this is just what i came up with after like 2 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:03 am

MasterOnion wrote:
here is the set i use for sharpness/crit draw and earplugs http://divinewh.im/s/1.H_1f_1l_1e_m_1e.1l.1k_a.n

here is a set for the other skills
http://divinewh.im/s/0_1P.m_1l_1e_1k.n_l_15.A.m

If you would like me to make a better set go ahead and ask, this is just what i came up with after like 2 minutes.

Pie asked for low rank solution.

Haven't been able to find it myself, sry. Low rank helios (earplugs,sharpness+1) is just very inflexible.

Do you have ANY charms for these skills?
Back to top Go down
Pieprsn
Jaggi
Pieprsn

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:21 am

The best I have right now is a Crit Draw +4 charm (with -10 Health, but manly men don't care about that!).
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: bowgun clust   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:19 pm

what bowgun has the biggest clip of clust shot (any level)
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:54 pm

Well, I generally go for Clust lvl 2, and the best one I find for that is the Rathing + Barrel and base with Agna stock.

It should give you 3 clust lvl2 shots.

For a clust set, you could get a mix of Ura, Jhen, And barrage earings to get the skills:
Recoil down+3
Clust all up
Load up.

Bringing you up to 5 Clust lvl2.
:D

55 clusts with no recoil!
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Pieprsn wrote:
The best I have right now is a Crit Draw +4 charm (with -10 Health, but manly men don't care about that!).

It's not possible at all with tremor res.

Sharpness+1/Earplugs/Critdraw is possible, but not with your charm: http://divinewh.im/s/1.H_Y.H.H_h_k.H_m_l_Z.n.1k
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Lagia818 wrote:
what bowgun has the biggest clip of clust shot (any level)

It's possible to get guns that have a clip size of 4 for clust 1 and 2, for example Tropeco/Bloodguilty/Needler or Agna/Rathling+/Agna

With that said, both of those guns are crap for clusting. Clust 1 and 3 are generally worse than clust 2 because you can't bring as many combines with you. The agna/rathling+/agna clust 2 gun can't fire it without recoil, which negates the advantage of its clip size. And since you can only hold 5 clust shots at a time, you don't need a gun to hold 4 if you have load up and clust s all up.
Back to top Go down
Pieprsn
Jaggi
Pieprsn

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:36 pm

dainbramage wrote:
Pieprsn wrote:

It's not possible at all with tremor res.

Sharpness+1/Earplugs/Critdraw is possible, but not with your charm: http://divinewh.im/s/1.H_Y.H.H_h_k.H_m_l_Z.n.1k

That looks like one helluva rare charm. Is it obtainable in Low Rank?
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:17 am

Yep, if I had high rank charms to work with it'd be much easier :P.

But getting that charm in low rank is as likely as the high rank godcharms, so... good luck.
Back to top Go down
Pieprsn
Jaggi
Pieprsn

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 9:30 am

Ick. The desire sensor will never let me have anything that rare. Okay, without the earplugs, is a set with Sharpness +1, Critical Draw, and maybe Tremor Resist possible? I also have a Tremor Resist +4 charm.

Oh, and as for the Sharpness +1, EaU, and Earplugs set; I'm guessing that that's pretty much impossible without a charm?
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:46 am

Neither of those are doable at all. Earplugs pretty much comes with sharpness+1, since the only source of it is helios.
Back to top Go down
Pieprsn
Jaggi
Pieprsn

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Okay, now I'm sure I'm going to sound like a total noob here, but I'm unfamiliar with talisman farming. What would be the best way to obtain that charm?
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:59 am

Pieprsn wrote:
Okay, now I'm sure I'm going to sound like a total noob here, but I'm unfamiliar with talisman farming. What would be the best way to obtain that charm?

Most people just do the uroktor killing quest and mine the entire volcano. You can also do the egg delivery quest I believe.
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:59 am

Pieprsn wrote:

Don't bother trying. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Maika
Cephalos
Maika

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Pieprsn wrote:

Worldeater speedruns ftw :D
Back to top Go down
Pieprsn
Jaggi
Pieprsn

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:50 pm

That's a shame! I really have no qualms against farming (WOOT FOR SIEGMUND, SIEGLIND, SECOND LEVEL OF GOBUL LS AND LAGI LS, RAVAGER BLADE, BUSTER BLADE, AND GUILD ARMOUR AT HR 17!) but it sounds like that particular charm is a massive pain in the arse to get ahold of, and I doubt that even I could farm that much. Anyone know the numbers on how likely I am to get that particular charm?

I'll probably end up just using Helios armor with the Skull Mask and Hellhunter Jacket for my Sharpness +1 set (plus, that will give me fortify, which is nice in case of screw ups!). That's much easier, and it's pretty sick looking. Too bad I won't be able to get Crit Draw on it in Low Rank, mais c'est la vie.

Any recommendations for a good Crit Draw set? I just figured I would wear blos vambraces and chest piece, an earing, and bone greaves because, lol, it's a thong. I COULD use bari parts to get me evasion +1/2. I have an evade +4 tali. I wish it would be possible to get focus in there, but unfortunately, I lack any focus talis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 11 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27 ... 44  Next