Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 10 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 10 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:25 am

Should I use Vodanoy Hammer (Ludroth Line, water-element) or Breath Core Hammer for Uragaan? I've heard some people claim that it's better to use Breath Core hammer, but isn't Uragaan nearly impervious to dragon element?

And while I'm at it, can anyone recommend a greatsword and armour set to use against Uragaan and Agnaktor? My default GS set is Barioth set with its default skills (minus Heat Surge) and Speed Sharpening jammed in plus Golem Blade+. However, its not ideal against a fire monster like Uragaan or Agnaktor.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
stayman_jacobi
Kecha Wacha
stayman_jacobi

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:55 am

Bimasena009 wrote:
Should I use Vodanoy Hammer (Ludroth Line, water-element) or Breath Core Hammer for Uragaan? I've heard some people claim that it's better to use Breath Core hammer, but isn't Uragaan nearly impervious to dragon element?

And while I'm at it, can anyone recommend a greatsword and armour set to use against Uragaan and Agnaktor? My default GS set is Barioth set with its default skills (minus Heat Surge) and Speed Sharpening jammed in plus Golem Blade+. However, its not ideal against a fire monster like Uragaan or Agnaktor.

Thanks
I would use Breath Core Hammer because element isn't all that important on a hammer.

As for GS armor Diablos is probably the best you will be able to get because of critical draw, and the GS should be Sieglinde or Siegmund.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:06 am

uragaan chin takes 30% from dragon anyway, while water is 40%.
where did you hear it's impervious to dragon? it's it's second weakness.
uragaan
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:08 am

Kuraikage wrote:
dainbramage wrote:
Kuraikage wrote:
What are the weapons that are worth awakening? I'd like to know this.

From a purely effectiveness standpoint, none.
Really? I thought Tenebra or Sinister Saints were weapons that are actually worth awakening.

For tenebra, it's weaker than DCD or barbarian sharq against blos and ala respectively. And sinister saints is just generally worse than flame tempest (even with sharpness+1). The closest to viable would probably be iron devil, but it's efficacy compared to crush/metamorph is... dubious. Fun though.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:01 pm

Kuraikage wrote:
dainbramage wrote:
Kuraikage wrote:
What are the weapons that are worth awakening? I'd like to know this.

From a purely effectiveness standpoint, none.
Really? I thought Tenebra or Sinister Saints were weapons that are actually worth awakening.

Tenebra's the best weapon that requires awakening. Sinister Saints is usually used for casual quests. If you want a fire swax, get flame tempest
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:29 pm

hey guys i was wondering if its possible to make a set that has:
HG plugs, tremor resist, windproof high, mud/snow and stun? (blight resist would also be grate but that seems kinda impossible. could also take off stun if that's impossible) i couldn't find a way to make this myself. the charms i have relating are: stun+10 one slot, mud/snow +9, and tremor +6 i think. thank yous very much Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
cowboyjim66
Kelbi
cowboyjim66

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:42 am

What do pink livers do??
Back to top Go down
ROGER
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 am

cowboyjim66 wrote:
What do pink livers do??

feed them to chacha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:16 am

ROGER wrote:
cowboyjim66 wrote:
What do pink livers do??

feed them to chacha
do they give an extra effect to cha-cha or does the wyvern-meat have a better effect??
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:33 am

metalman123 wrote:
ROGER wrote:
cowboyjim66 wrote:
What do pink livers do??

feed them to chacha
do they give an extra effect to cha-cha or does the wyvern-meat have a better effect??

Wouldn't it be convenient if there was a wiki for monster hunter, which could be used as a database for these sorts of things?

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Cha-Cha_Guide#Meat_Effects
Back to top Go down
barrothsteak
Popo
barrothsteak

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: f u cha cha :mad:   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:24 am

how do i give stuff to cha cha or use his mask ability?hes keeps on saying that i have to send him the signal.so i do but nothing happens!?! why doesnt this work!?! :mad: plz help me
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 5:45 am

barrothsteak wrote:
how do i give stuff to cha cha or use his mask ability?hes keeps on saying that i have to send him the signal.so i do but nothing happens!?! why doesnt this work!?! :mad: plz help me

You can't give all types of items to cha-cha, the only ones I know for sure that you can give to him are stamina and health restoring items like rations and potions. To give them to him just select them from your inventory menu and select give, then decide the number of itemsyou want to give him.

Not all of his masks have an ability that you can use right away, for some you have to give him an item first. Like for the grill mask you give him raw meat, then wait for him to cook it and signal to get it back. There is a guide to all of the intricate workings to chacha's masks on the wiki under the tri section, here is a link http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_ChaCha_Guide.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me and I will be sure to respond.
Back to top Go down
Dracken
Popo
Dracken

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:11 pm

I wanted to ask where the chat box is that everyone keeeps referring to. At first I thought it was just the inbox but now I don't think it is.
Back to top Go down
stayman_jacobi
Kecha Wacha
stayman_jacobi

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:13 pm

Dracken wrote:
I wanted to ask where the chat box is that everyone keeeps referring to. At first I thought it was just the inbox but now I don't think it is.
Should be at the very bottom of the home page.
Back to top Go down
Dracken
Popo
Dracken

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Oh yeah! Yes by vort
Great, thanks for that
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:06 am

I have a questions regarding the improvement of my lance and gunlance usage. They have been my main weapons since I started in Tri, but I've always used them to tank monsters (blocking, having guard skills, etc.) But lately, after getting back into Freedom Unite, I've been wanting to improve and become a better dodge lancer to better deal with more troublesome mosnters. Does anyone know how I acan improve in this aspect? As I am a terrible dodger. Also, I want to do this without the evade skills.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 8:31 am

As far as i know, evade lancing is pretty much impossible without evade skills. Mostly because any attack besides a tail swipe or so will hit you, regardless of your timing. The best way to train would be to just forget attacking at first. Stand there and hop through everything entirely. Just ignore your block option, getting hit is part of the deal. Try it with offline monsters, they won't do much damage, meaning you won't have to heal, thus making the learning more efficient.

Barioth is a good one to start with, his attacks are fast, but don't "last" long like say...barroth's charge (which you can't hop through ofc).
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Thank you for the advice, luckily for me, it's the tail swipes and fast jumping attacks that often get me. Should I get an armor set with evade +1/2 to make the training easier or not? And I'm not sure if you have freedom unite or not, but if you do, which monster should I practice against in that game?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:47 pm

I don't have unite. If you plan on evade-lancing, get evade+1 at least. It's just that big of a deal. Only a few attacks can be hopped through without it, and it's really not something you would use in a regular fight. It's not impossible to do without it, but if you're gonna go evade-lancing, might as well learn to dodge everything.
Back to top Go down
Dark Soul Slayer
Felyne
Dark Soul Slayer

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:46 am

So i just forged my barioth+ armor and was wondering how to use it. I want to make a evade set to kill jho with my lance using the set. Can you guys help/tell me what is the best lance evade set and what i can do with my bari + armor. All help is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:22 am

Dark Soul Slayer wrote:
So i just forged my barioth+ armor and was wondering how to use it. I want to make a evade set to kill jho with my lance using the set. Can you guys help/tell me what is the best lance evade set and what i can do with my bari + armor. All help is greatly appreciated.

well, anything with evade +2 is a pretty damn good set for evade lancing. I myself only use evade +1 with a vangis set. evade dist up is meh, alot of people dont like it because it alters the timing of evading, but really its a matter of preference i guess. If you can get it i would reccommend gemming in constitution +1, or +2 if you can. Constitution will give you more evades and blocks so it is great for any lance set, especially if you dont have enough mats to make dash juice or mega dash juice. sorry i couldnt be much help, im freaking tired since i didnt get much sleep last night.
Back to top Go down
Dark Soul Slayer
Felyne
Dark Soul Slayer

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:51 am

Quote :
well, anything with evade +2 is a pretty damn good set for evade lancing. I myself only use evade +1 with a vangis set. evade dist up is meh, alot of people dont like it because it alters the timing of evading, but really its a matter of preference i guess. If you can get it i would reccommend gemming in constitution +1, or +2 if you can. Constitution will give you more evades and blocks so it is great for any lance set, especially if you dont have enough mats to make dash juice or mega dash juice. sorry i couldnt be much help, im freaking tired since i didnt get much sleep last night.

Thnx that sounds alright, i might go with adding evasion+1 to vangis.
Back to top Go down
Dark Soul Slayer
Felyne
Dark Soul Slayer

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:11 am

hhmmmm, what are you opinions of this set of skills....

HGE, Sharpness+1 and Great Luck.

Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:49 am

functional i suppose, but great luck isn't all that needed on tri, you would be better off with some other skill in terms of hunting.
Back to top Go down
ROGER
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:52 am

y do ppl say los plates are rare??? i carve them from the tail every time and get a bunch form quest rewards.... though never really used them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 10 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27 ... 44  Next