Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 19 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 19 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:08 pm

Bimasena009 wrote:
Gigginox related question:

I've heard that lighting up torches in dark caves (Area 4 and 3) confuses the Gigginox, is that true? As in, it will have harder time hitting you. I haven't test it online, but when ever I brought Cha-Cha in Lamp Mask, Gigginox seems to focus on Cha-Cha until he hides or KOed.

Nope, it doesn't. I still reccomend lighten the caves, because if it's night (yes, that does matter), you won't see scrat. And cha-cha shouldn't make nox focus more just because of the mask.
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Gigginox's AI is hard-wired to chase after anyone holding a lamp (or indeed cha-cha if his is lit). The justification being that it's blind, and finds its way around by detecting heat.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:07 pm

MIND=BLOWN

Okay, i really didn't expect that. But how about giggle being confused when the room is lightened by torches? I'm fairly sure THAT isn't true.
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:04 pm

dainbramage wrote:
Gigginox's AI is hard-wired to chase after anyone holding a lamp (or indeed cha-cha if his is lit). The justification being that it's blind, and finds its way around by detecting heat.

Hmm... so stationary torches isn't good but carry-on torch is?

New strategy: One SnS user (who can use torch with weapon out) carry the torch to get its attention away from Gunner and the Heavy Hitters.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:00 pm

or you invite an unsuspecting lancer using flame aura?
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:38 pm

quidam wrote:
lol, that would be hilarious if a guy in agnaktor armor was just running around confused as a gigginox chases him the entire time
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:44 pm

if i have a few open slots, what skills should i gem?
name 5 ffrom best to least
for me, it's: 1. Evasion +
2. Razor sharp
3. Sharpness+
4. Critical Draw
5. Attack up
also, is criticle eye +1 better than Aus?
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:34 am

Hey, is there a little website similar to This for BowGun damage?
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:52 am

Lagia818 wrote:
if i have a few open slots, what skills should i gem?
name 5 ffrom best to least
for me, it's: 1. Evasion +
2. Razor sharp
3. Sharpness+
4. Critical Draw
5. Attack up
also, is criticle eye +1 better than Aus?

1)sharpness+ (dat damage boost)
2)critical draw (its great for dealing a crapload of damage with a GS like anguish)
3)HGE (good for weapons with a charge)
4)attack up (passive damage boost is always good)
5)razor sharp (its great for dps weapons because you are always hitting)
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:18 am

a damage calculator for bowgun wouldn't really work i'm afraid, what would be the output? the best ammo for that fight?

i'm afraid if it only calculated the max damage/ammo then wyvern fire would be the best choiche on every monster.... but let's say we take explosives out: pierce level 3 would most likely come on top every time, or do you explain the calculator that the monster is too small? also, would rapidfire count as 1 shot? because then, again, rapidfire would appear superior since it have a better ammo "efficiency" but we know that it wouldn't be necessarily an accurate result.

... the good gunner still needs to choose his shots on his own.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:55 am

quidam wrote:
a damage calculator for bowgun wouldn't really work i'm afraid, what would be the output? the best ammo for that fight?

i'm afraid if it only calculated the max damage/ammo then wyvern fire would be the best choiche on every monster.... but let's say we take explosives out: pierce level 3 would most likely come on top every time, or do you explain the calculator that the monster is too small? also, would rapidfire count as 1 shot? because then, again, rapidfire would appear superior since it have a better ammo "efficiency" but we know that it wouldn't be necessarily an accurate result.

there is a bowgun damage calc , you input the the raw and pick a monster and then you can see the damage for every shot dunno where it is though..might be deleted ..i think i was made by..uhh Vrage or sumthing like dat

There: http://mh3.vgrage.com/
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:59 am

Lagia818 wrote:
quidam wrote:
lol, that would be hilarious if a guy in agnaktor armor was just running around confused as a gigginox chases him the entire time

I used this tactic to counter-lancing him
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:19 pm

If 4 people used a demon/armor horn, would it stack?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Leonhardt wrote:
If 4 people used a demon/armor horn, would it stack?

Nope. Simple as that, horns are a solitary boost, meaning it stacks with kitchen skills or demondrugs, but all boosts can be obtained only once.
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 am

You know how when you purchase a quest you have to set the number of people in the team? Does that affect how much health a monster has? Coz i've been told to do so by several people while online when there's only two or three people in the city.
Back to top Go down
rubinek
Popo
rubinek

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:56 am

What is the best bowgun set for elemental gunning in low rank? The best I came up with is Royal Launcher/Thundacrus/Agnablaster which gives me 4 flaming shots, 2 thunder (rapid fired), 1 Water and 2 dragon, and O/OO slots. High recoil, but elemental shots don't seem to be affected by it. I'm using lagiacrus armor.

Also, is Wyv. Fire considered an elemental shot or not?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:55 am

Bimasena009 wrote:
You know how when you purchase a quest you have to set the number of people in the team? Does that affect how much health a monster has? Coz i've been told to do so by several people while online when there's only two or three people in the city.

No, that's a myth. There is a slight random factor to monster health, but that has nothing to do with the amount of players.

rubinek wrote:
What is the best bowgun set for elemental gunning in low rank? The best I came up with is Royal Launcher/Thundacrus/Agnablaster which gives me 4 flaming shots, 2 thunder (rapid fired), 1 Water and 2 dragon, and O/OO slots. High recoil, but elemental shots don't seem to be affected by it. I'm using lagiacrus armor.

Also, is Wyv. Fire considered an elemental shot or not?

You will be better off using a bowgun with only 1 element. Secondary elemental weakness is usually not worth exploiting. For low rank, all you basically have to do is get the RF part, and try to max shots and bowgun attack power. I reccomend trying it yourself instead of searching online, it'll be good training for assembling a BG yourself.

Edit: Read the Wyfi guide, apparently, part of the damage is a fixed number of fire damage, the other is "fixed" damage, based on bowgun power. The main important thing is the latter, as the elemental damage seems to be quite low. So you can use it against pretty much any monster, regardless of weakness. https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t5567-the-wyvern-firing-squad-guide-to-wyvern-fire-gunning
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Win32error wrote:
Bimasena009 wrote:

No, that's a myth. There is a slight random factor to monster health, but that has nothing to do with the amount of players.

Aye, those hunters were misinformed. That particular myth has been debunked by forumers who partake in monster info displays.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Lucas wrote:
quidam wrote:

there is a bowgun damage calc , you input the the raw and pick a monster and then you can see the damage for every shot dunno where it is though..might be deleted ..i think i was made by..uhh Vrage or sumthing like dat

There: http://mh3.vgrage.com/
Thank you very very very very much.
/yes/
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:40 pm

i still think that calculator doesn't give a good idea of how guns work at all.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:46 pm

quidam wrote:
Oh, it doesn't. But it helps me a bit with a few details.
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:50 pm

3 questions:
1. is criticle eye +1 better, or AUS
2. im short on money again, so what rarity "green" armors should i sell?
3. adrenaline always seemed like a risky skill to use, becausee you can get one hit killed at that low health, so is it worth it?
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:03 pm

crit eye+3 is generally inferior to AUL save some gun situations

crit eye+1 = 1/3 crit+3
AUS = 1/2 AUL

wich leads to crit+1 generally inferior if not always to AUS

-----

no idea, i'd just farm more

-----

if you cna pull it off it's the single skill wich gets you the largest attack increase in the game, so yes... IF you cna pull it off
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:25 am

Hi guys, I'm just wandering how can you use the Wagga Wagga SnS. Because it has the attack of a Low-Rank Lance but without element, it can't be used very well. So, can anyone tell me what a good skill to use? Currently, I'm using AuL with Critical Eye +1 for all SnS.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:28 am

quidam wrote:

Maybe not, but its very useful when you already know how they work

@bisma

Im pretty sure that if you are going to use it you should use the awaken skill to get elemental damage on it, other than that its pretty much just your preferences and what you can get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 19 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 44  Next