Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 18 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 18 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:47 pm

uriel1994 wrote:

OK THANKS
BUT ALSO FORGOT TO ASK HOW MUCH DAMAGE POISON STATUS DOES AND WHY IT IS GOOD ON URAGAAN

Check the damage formula for each individual monster as the damage each instace of poison state is different per monster as is the amount of status damage you have to inflict to apply poison. The total damage poison does is static, but dealt over the duration of the status.

In a nutshell though, uragaan takes about 50% more poison damage than the next most poison vulnerable monster out there. Because it is static damage, it is way more effective on low HP uragaans(offline/low rank) verses the single hunt 5* 'gaans. Even then, for blademasters, the poison damage is still not competetive considering the low effectiveness of the poison weapons in regard to dealing damage. And in low rank and offline hunts, where poison is at it's best per application, you get free poison knives in the chest.

Bowguns can pop a poison on 'gaan assuming their gun is capable of quick poison status and another shot type to switch to immediately for real damage.
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:13 pm

should i overforge the barioth armor?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Lagia818 wrote:

Only if you really can't make the + armour. It's got more slots and a better skill. Also, i think only + parts are worth using in other sets, due to high eva points.

Anyhow, no matter how hard the + might be to make, it's significantly better than the OF, so it's worth your time.
Back to top Go down
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Lagia818 wrote:

Well... you'll use up 5 pelts+, 5 carapace, 6 great baggi hides, 6 gracium, and 62,000z

That's not reall enough to make even ONE piece of the HR armor. oddly, no GBH or Gracium goes into Bari+.

Let's say you get 1-2 pelt+ and 1-2 carapace per hunt. You'll need 3-5 hunts to get OF, and 15-30 hunts to get HR. And of course, after those 15-30 hunts are done and you have HR bari, you'll never really want to put on the OF stuff ever again.

Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Ugthor, i don't think the problem will be pelts or carapaces. You can get up to 6-7 from one hunt (sometimes just 1 or 2, though), but getting bari claws+ and amber tusks+ is the hard thing. Then again, bari can be speedrunned quite easily.
Back to top Go down
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Well, You don't actually use any claw+ to make make Bari+

you do need 9 tusk+ tho, and that will take time, perhaps more than 30 hunts if your luck sucks and you aren't always breaking the face and capping.

But I do see you are GUARANTEED a Carapace every kill from quest rewards on "The Lost Expedition"
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:09 am

thanks for the advice, and should i sleep bomb?
apparently its cheap, but i think when youve fought a monster a ton, and just want one break rewaard, i think you can sleep bomb. so what do u think?
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:06 am

Sleep Bombing effectiveness varies:
Offline: Its Always Effective. That's why I'm still totting my Azure Crest+ around.
Online: Ehhh.... not so much. You get better damage by making a monster sleep then Jelly-faced it with an HR Greatsword like say... Anguish (P). Ask one of your friend to put it to sleep using Bowgun or G. Baggi SnS/Lance.

Beware of the snobs though. I met some people that think that sleeping monster is for noobs and will kick a monster awake... while having a GS on his back. The retard clearly don't know about the Sleep's Damage Multiplier.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:02 am

melee sleep weapons just suck, never use them online basically. if you want to pull off a sleep use a gun.

not trying to be a "snob" but sleep online is just bad for so many reasons unless it's part of a tactic, "casually" sleeping a monster through a quest with an unprepared team is just useless.
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:54 am

quidam wrote:
melee sleep weapons just suck, never use them online basically. if you want to pull off a sleep use a gun.

not trying to be a "snob" but sleep online is just bad for so many reasons unless it's part of a tactic, "casually" sleeping a monster through a quest with an unprepared team is just useless.

Hey, at least you don't kick the thing awake when everyone else was sharpening. It's a good tactic when you have a GS with High Raw and Critical Draw in your team. Tried it once and it works like a charm (someone bow gunning while I'm using my Seigmund [this was before my High Seiglind (P)])

A lot of monsters sleep for a very long time (I think its about 40-50 second on average, compared to 5-15 seconds for paralysis) so one can use that window to get some buffing/healing/sharpening done. If nothing else, use Sleep to create breathing room.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:21 am

of course a gs charge on a sleeping monster is good, but never use melee sleep weapons regardless. the damage of those weapons is so low that the sleeps you'll get will never make up for the damage you could have dealt using a good weapon instaed.
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:23 pm

just to make things clear, i dont mean repeatedly sleep bombing a monster with other bowgunners. i mean having a status gun and everyone has 2 barrel bomb L+, i put a jho to sleep once, and everyone lays their bombs
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Lagia818 wrote:
just to make things clear, i dont mean repeatedly sleep bombing a monster with other bowgunners. i mean having a status gun and everyone has 2 barrel bomb L+, i put a jho to sleep once, and everyone lays their bombs

That's a good way to break the head face (get you the the first phase break, at least). Just make sure that the first thing that hit the Jho are the BBL+ blast. Do it by throwing paintball at the bomb or setting SBB at a distance that detonate the BBL+ but not hit the Jho.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:54 pm

It's pretty regular when speedrunning something. When a monster is paralyzed, status gunner has nothing to do, so just sleeping and bombing will cut into your time.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:31 am

Win32error wrote:
It's pretty regular when speedrunning something. When a monster is paralyzed, status gunner has nothing to do, so just sleeping and bombing will cut into your time.

nothing to do except combining more shots :D
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:30 pm

I've probably seen this somewhere before but...I'm still learning about BG even though I've played them for a long time. So, here's my question: Whats better, rapid-fire or single shot?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Leonhardt wrote:
I've probably seen this somewhere before but...I'm still learning about BG even though I've played them for a long time. So, here's my question: Whats better, rapid-fire or single shot?

Depends on the shot. On pierce, it'll barely make you shoot faster, and you'll do less DPS than without it. So no. For elemental: HELL YES! Especially for dragon shots, they can do some actual damage then. It will also help you regarding ammo, because you're likely to run out with a pure elemental gun. I'm fairly sure it's good for normal S too, but i haven't used that too much.

Rapidfire crag/clust is just for funzies, i don't think i need to explain why it doesn't do much damage. Okay: Recoil, bad guns, bad ammo. And don't clust ala with rapidifre clust....please just don't.
Poison isn't worth it, but it's fun to use against gaan (especially offline).

I think that covers most of the shots? The rest won't majorly benefit anyway, nor should you want to use those. 'Tis a shame there's not RF Wyfi.
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Leonhardt wrote:
I'm pretty sure rapid fire is better, but only if you land every single shot.
it would also be better if that monster was weak to that element (duh)
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Well, I've used rapid-fire for a while now and was always curious and now that I know, i guess i gotta put my Jaggid-fire away...
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Leonhardt wrote:
Well, I've used rapid-fire for a while now and was always curious and now that I know, i guess i gotta put my Jaggid-fire away...

Yeah, that's prolly for the best. Just spam that lvl 1 pierce. Also, i forgot to note this:It's incredibly unlikely that you'll be able to hit all shots correctly with RF. The same goes for all ele shots except fire and dragon, but it's still neccessary in order to do serious damage.
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:23 pm

i dont miss, im always either right beside them or in their face
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Leonhardt wrote:
i dont miss, im always either right beside them or in their face

Well, i more or less mean that DURING the RF burst, the monster will move. So you won't be able to get all the hits (especially with lvl 2 or 3). Even slow monsters will move some in that duration.
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:19 pm

what does bonus shot do and how many slots does aquamatic longshot have for clust and does it have any status shots?
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:18 am

Lagia818 wrote:
what does bonus shot do and how many slots does aquamatic longshot have for clust and does it have any status shots?

Bonus Shot adds one extra shot to a rapid fire volley. The Aquamatic "Longshot" rapid-fires two shots of clust, three with bonus shot, has two shots of Para Lvl 2, and no slots. It's okay-ish for clusting. Rathling+/Rathling+/Agnablaster with Jhen+ armor is better.
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:04 pm

Gigginox related question:

I've heard that lighting up torches in dark caves (Area 4 and 3) confuses the Gigginox, is that true? As in, it will have harder time hitting you. I haven't test it online, but when ever I brought Cha-Cha in Lamp Mask and turned him on, Gigginox seems to focus on Cha-Cha until he hides or KOed.

Last edited by Bimasena009 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 18 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31 ... 44  Next