Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 40 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 40 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Id wait until High rank really, save the mats that wouldve been used in Lagia Sword R for something else.
All High Lagia weapons can be upgraded again, outclassing the lower Lagia weapons.
For example the High Lagia Sword can be upgraded to Takemikazuchi (G), which has more sharp, affinity (15%) and element (350) then Sword R and its upgrade Maelstrom Sword (P). Plus the Elder Dragon Blood that wouldve been used to create sword R could come in useful, as its a pain to farm for one.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Another one about longswords (yes, I should probably shut up for a while):
About the Ananta Boneblade and Wyvern Blade "Fire". Should I farm parts to upgrade Fire or go with the Boneblade's Agnaktor path? I hate Tri's mining, and when I fought against Agna for the first time in Fire and Ice (Yes, that arena match is High Rank) he was easy enough. Not quite a grounded Lagia, but easy enough. :|
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Mr Stark wrote:

And on a side note, why is Guan Dao hated so?

With Wyvern Blade Fire, Thunderclap+, and Barbarian Blade to choose from, Guan Dao is not very good even in low rank (it is ok for dragon weak enemies even though they may take more damage from one of the other 3 I listed). The hate spawns from players who use it in high rank. The Shadowbinder G does more damage and has chance for para, not to mention easy upgrades to Wyvern Blade flame/Flare and Heaven's Thunder. When itself upgraded to Yan Yue Dao (which take 5* parts plus Jhen+ event parts), it becomes decent on some 5* hunts then quickly outdated once you get 6* parts.

The only time Guan Dao really shines is for players who haven't done offline and get the mats for a Guan Dao by running the repel Jhen mission, which is possible in 1* HR range.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:22 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
Another one about longswords (yes, I should probably shut up for a while):
About the Ananta Boneblade and Wyvern Blade "Fire". Should I farm parts to upgrade Fire or go with the Boneblade's Agnaktor path? I hate Tri's mining, and when I fought against Agna for the first time in Fire and Ice (Yes, that arena match is High Rank) he was easy enough. Not quite a grounded Lagia, but easy enough. :|

You would be better off upgrading Wyvern Blade "Fire" as it out damages Dancing Hellfire most of the time and it's easier to get (los/ian plate runs take about 3-5 minutes while getting the claws required for Hellfire is an awful chore).
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 2:52 am

Quentin wrote:
You would be better off upgrading Wyvern Blade "Fire" as it out damages Dancing Hellfire most of the time

????????
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:07 am

Palas wrote:
Quentin wrote:
You would be better off upgrading Wyvern Blade "Fire" as it out damages Dancing Hellfire most of the time

????????

Sorry, my mistake, Dancing Hellfire is better, at least when compared to Wyvern Blade "Flame" but Wyvern Blade "Fire" outdamages Dancing Flames, I just don't like Dancing Hellfire because of the claw farming.
Back to top Go down
Hanya
Popo
Hanya

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:17 am

Ok. King's Frills.

I have tried everything I can to get ahold of these. I've completed the village quest, hunting a Great Jaggi, countless times. I always smash his frills to pieces so that they're tattered-looking. I've killed a ton of them online in the same fashion. No matter what I seem to do however, I can't seem to get any King's Frills to drop.

Is this just the desire sensor, or is there something I can actually do to improve my chances here? It's annoying as heck to hunt dozens of the things and never get a drop.

Help!
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 4:06 am

Do the online double great jaggi quest. Those drop like mad for me whenever I do that.
Back to top Go down
Hanya
Popo
Hanya

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 4:20 am

MasterOnion wrote:
Do the online double great jaggi quest. Those drop like mad for me whenever I do that.

It looks to be a high rank quest. I'm currently only HR 6 /sad/
Back to top Go down
AzzraNoctul
Popo
AzzraNoctul

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 5:41 am

Hanya wrote:
Ok. King's Frills.

I have tried everything I can to get ahold of these. I've completed the village quest, hunting a Great Jaggi, countless times. I always smash his frills to pieces so that they're tattered-looking. I've killed a ton of them online in the same fashion. No matter what I seem to do however, I can't seem to get any King's Frills to drop.

Is this just the desire sensor, or is there something I can actually do to improve my chances here? It's annoying as heck to hunt dozens of the things and never get a drop.

Help!

Keep checking for "Jump Four Jaggi" It's a low rank event quest. If you can manage an online GJaggi then this event should be easy.
Make sure you pet your pig before hunts. Pet it until the ! mark pops up over your pigs head. I didn't know that for the longest time. As soon as it pops up over it's head stop petting. That will boost your luck. Other then that just keep at it and or wait for "Jump Four Jaggi" if you don't walk away from there with a king frill then you sir got some bad luck
Back to top Go down
Hanya
Popo
Hanya

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 6:22 am

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I'd heard about the Piggy thing, but thought it was a superstition or something. I'll give it a shot today and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:31 pm

Hanya wrote:
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I'd heard about the Piggy thing, but thought it was a superstition or something. I'll give it a shot today and see how it goes.

Pig petting is a superstition. Much like mining Jhen's back heals him and Skypiercers can't drop if Alatreon gets stuck in the wall.

The offline quest "Hunter Killer" has king's frill as a quest reward in row 1 at 10% chance as well as the Great Jaggi you hunt normally for the single break reward chance. If I'm not mistaken, the 4 Great Jaggi online event also has king's frill in regular quest rewards.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:42 pm

navgoose wrote:
Hanya wrote:

Pig petting is a superstition. Much like mining Jhen's back heals him.

Woah, when the heck did people start saying that?
?.?
Back to top Go down
PokeMaster
Popo
PokeMaster

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:36 pm

navgoose wrote:
Much like mining Jhen's back heals him and Skypiercers can't drop if Alatreon gets stuck in the wall.
These are lies for the more experienced players to take advantage of the stupidity of the lack of cooperation from newbs by giving them reasons to cooperate.
We don't want newbs wasting time mining on Jhen's back and having newbs waste time trying to get ala to hit wall can end up them dying from it. However, without broken head, no skys. Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:39 am

Are the powercharm and powertalon stackable?
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:44 am

yes, they charm grants a 5*(class) increase to raw, the talon a 10*(class). toghether they grant the same attack boost as AuM would.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:42 am

Two questions:

1: Does Good Luck influence Arena rewards?

I was doing the Blos/Gaan online arena, and made A rank all three times. My character was wearing the Jaggi Mask. Each time, I got 3 or 4 rewards. Normally, when I do the arenas, I only get 1 or 2 rewards, rarely getting 3. I don't ever remember getting 4 before, but I don't run the arena very often, so I don't know if this is common or not. (I suspect that Good Luck does, as my partner was wearing a Jaggi Mask with Guild+)

Or is that just a rather good quest for rewards? There's not a lot on the wiki about reward probabilities for the arena.

2: Am I correct that all the trio event quests don't have break or cap rewards?

I vaguely recall hearing that the trio events don't have cap rewards. Someone insisted on capping gaan in Red Hot Party, but I noticed several times that the sub/cap reward boxes were always empty. The break rewards were news to me, though. Started focusing on tail cutting during Red Hot Party after that.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:47 am

Atalanta wrote:
Two questions:

Not that I'm aware of, no.
Since armor/food skills are not carried over to event quests, I doubt they affect the rewards.

Quote :
2: Am I correct that all the trio event quests don't have break or cap rewards?

You are indeed correct.

The trio quests are generally the events, and they don't have break/cap rewards
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 2:59 am

It's meh wrote:
Atalanta wrote:
Two questions:

Not that I'm aware of, no.
Since armor/food skills are not carried over to event quests, I doubt they affect the rewards.

Guess I was lucky!

Other than getting a better rank (S>A>B), can anything be done to improve chances of getting rewards? I vaguely recall being told that getting body breaks improves chances (this was around a year ago when I first went online), but never saw evidence. Does number of carts affect reward chances?
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 9:52 am

I think carting does affect rewards, but quantity-wise I think. Not sure.

Oh, about the Offline Arena: How the heck do you unlock more quests? I've qualified on the Jaggi (3:50), Barroth (11:51) and Qurupeco (7:58).
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:25 am

Mr Stark wrote:
I think carting does affect rewards, but quantity-wise I think. Not sure.

Oh, about the Offline Arena: How the heck do you unlock more quests? I've qualified on the Jaggi (3:50), Barroth (11:51) and Qurupeco (7:58).

Complete the capture quests for Luddy, Gaan, and Lagi in offline. They unlock the respective single monster arena quests.

Complete all the single monster arena quests. The multi monster arena quests are then unlocked.

EDIT: Back to the arena rewards. Since Good Luck/Great Luck don't apply, maybe the carting and rank achieved affect the percentages? I looked at the Reward Guide over on GameFAQs, which didn't cover arena at all. But there are several percentages:
25% Horrible Luck
50% Bad Luck
69% Normal
81% Good Luck
90% Great Luck

Maybe ranks and carts move up/down levels?

Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Atalanta wrote:
Back to the arena rewards. Since Good Luck/Great Luck don't apply, maybe the carting and rank achieved affect the percentages?
It would be logical. But then, unless I had a horrible stroke of bad luck, how on earth did I complete Land Lords and only get a Barroth coin?
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 5:48 pm

I really dont know how arena works, I have completed land lords on S rank with no carts anad got two barroth coins u_u
Back to top Go down
Dragsaw
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:26 am

What will be better for a lowrank bowgun lagi or rath armor, or some kind of different armor, i know that both are better for different monsters i just what to know what i am going to have on more
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:58 am

I'd say Lagriacus, as it is better all around:

- With that many slots I reckon you could gem in another skill, as Attack Up of any sort doesn't do much for a Bowgun.
- You also move faster underwater
- You'd get a damage bonus for Normal Shots, I think an extra 30%.
- It's also good for Wyvern Fire, as that shot type has the equivalent of 700 Fire Element, which along with the Element booster would do you a good favour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 40 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next