Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?

Go down 
+11
Will
GobulHunterJames
Lalo
InstaCakes
anduin55
dcj91x
It's meh
Otoshimo
Lucas
laoshanicrus
leon the hunter
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
leon the hunter
Jaggi
leon the hunter

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

i worked hard in mh3,and i kinda think we should get alil somethin for playin mh3.Maybe a special weapon,or armor of some sorts.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:25 am

leon the hunter wrote:
well,i wasnt going to start with an ala weapon fighting g.jaggi.When i transfered my data from mhf2 to mhfu,they allowed me lower rank weapons,and as i progress,i got my better armor and weapons back.They do it in other games as well,so it really isnt missing the whole game.
The thing is with MHF2 and MHFU is that MHFU is really just an expansion of MHF2, MH3GU is a different game than MHT and for a start, not on the same console as MHT, where as MHF2 & MHFU are both PSP.
Back to top Go down
leon the hunter
Jaggi
leon the hunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:08 pm

i played many games on the psp.in fact i played dissdia ff.when i beat the first game,i maxed out my characters.then,when disssdia 2 came,i got all of my transfered characters,as well as their lvls.Basically,i transfered everything from dissdia 1 to dissdia two.
Back to top Go down
leon the hunter
Jaggi
leon the hunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:10 pm

also,dissdia 2 is a new game,not an exspantion.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:12 pm

leon the hunter wrote:
i played many games on the psp.in fact i played dissdia ff.when i beat the first game,i maxed out my characters.then,when disssdia 2 came,i got all of my transfered characters,as well as their lvls.Basically,i transfered everything from dissdia 1 to dissdia two.
It is pretty much an expanded version of the original, Dissidia duodecim had the original story of the first one with the added prequel story and of course both are on the same console.
And before you go on more about dissidia, I too have it and have all characters at level 100, even feral chaos.
Back to top Go down
leon the hunter
Jaggi
leon the hunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:17 pm

but it had new gameplay modes,assists,more story modes.its not an expanstion,its a total different game.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:19 pm

leon the hunter wrote:
but it had new gameplay modes,assists,more story modes.its not an expanstion,its a total different game.
Expansions are when multiple things are added to a game, Gameplay modes, assists and more story expands from the original dissidia while still keeping the original story playable. This makes it an expansion.
Back to top Go down
leon the hunter
Jaggi
leon the hunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:22 pm

expantion is like dlc.dissdia 2 was on its own disc,and it had a new story.in any case,your saying every sequel is an expantion.
Back to top Go down
leon the hunter
Jaggi
leon the hunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:29 pm

like phantasy star portable 2.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:30 pm

leon the hunter wrote:
expantion is like dlc.dissdia 2 was on its own disc,and it had a new story.in any case,your saying every sequel is an expantion.
No I'm not, say monster hunter freedom, you start out in kokoto and slay monsters for the village and thats pretty much it, now on MHF2 you start out in that mountain village, looking for the tigrex that is terrorising the village and you cannot go to that kokoto village whatsoever.

so Dissidia 1 has original story. Dissidia 2 has original story + extra. Expansion.
MHF2 has tigrex story, MHFU has tigrex story + g rank. Expansion.
MHF has Monoblos and sword story, MHF2 does not. Not expansion.
Back to top Go down
leon the hunter
Jaggi
leon the hunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:34 pm

sigh,dissdia 2 is not an expanstion.in every case,your saying every monster hunter is an expansion.Squels are games on their own disc,and dissdia is own its own disc.on the dssdia forums,they say its not an expanstion.GAME SET
Back to top Go down
leon the hunter
Jaggi
leon the hunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Dissidia Save Data Import

When starting a new game, save data from the original Dissidia can be transferred to Dissidia 012. Players are able to choose between a New Game+ option, which will retain character levels, abilities, accessory slots, AP, Player Icons and bought PP Catalog items, and an option that will retain all of the above except for levels, abilities and PP. Equipment, accessories and summons may not be transferred. As a bonus for transferring save data, the player will receive an "Elixir Pack"; a mix of Dusty Elixirs, Elixirs and a single Hi-Elixir.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:49 pm

leon the hunter wrote:
sigh,dissdia 2 is not an expanstion.in every case,your saying every monster hunter is an expansion.Squels are games on their own disc,and dissdia is own its own disc.on the dssdia forums,they say its not an expanstion.GAME SET
I'm saying that in my opinion, any game that has the original game in it with extra added on the same console is an expansion, And i did not say every monster hunter was an expansion, Only MHFU. Every other MH has a different story without including a past one. What else I'm saying is that only games that i think of as expansions have had that import option on them.
Back to top Go down
leon the hunter
Jaggi
leon the hunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:51 pm

i understand mh3gu is a new game,but i simply wanted to know if my mh3 is worth something in mh3gu.Thats all.
Back to top Go down
leon the hunter
Jaggi
leon the hunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:55 pm

if mhf2 can download mhfu to it,than mhfu would be an expansion.But since its on its own disc,its a new game.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Leon...

1st off, if your the last one to leave a comment and want to make another point, use the edit button instead of double posting

2nd, it doesn't matter what other games have done. many other games have had 1 original title, then a new CD that is basically an add-on to the 1st. However, those have all been on the same console, not from an old model to the new console with several new features and upgrades from its predecessor MHTri is not transferring over data to MHU. MHTri is pretty much being scrapped since the servers are closing, so your copy of tri will be worth memories and offline stuff that you could just do on either MHU.

Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 6:20 am

I'll make my terms and reasoning why i doubt that MH3GU will be able to have MHT data importable.

This is how I class a game as an expansion: A game has an original story, a second game is made that includes said story still in gameplay while adding extra while also being on the same console.

This is how I class a game as a sequel or prequel: A game has an original story, a second game is made that expands upon said story with a different story without being able to play that original story fully.

This is how I class a game as a seperate new game: A game has an original story that is unrelated to other stories from the same series while it may use the same mechanics from the other series games.

This is how I class a game as a remake: A game has an original story, a second game is made on a more up to date console that includes said story still in gameplay and may or may not add extra features.

Now under these terms, Dissidia 012 and MHFU that have an import option fit under my expansion term. MH3GU fits under the seperate new game term and thus most likely will not be able to have data imported to it as it is only expansion term games that have the import option.
Back to top Go down
leon the hunter
Jaggi
leon the hunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:05 am

guess we are just gonna have to wait untill mh3gu comes out.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:58 pm

leon the hunter wrote:
guess we are just gonna have to wait untill mh3gu comes out.

There was no transfer in japan for the portable version, and the Wii could connect to the 3DS.

IT'S NOT HAPPENING.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 4:45 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/07/first-details-on-wii-to-wii-u-save-transfers

Maybe this will change your guys views on this topic, but even if it doesn't, you can at least find some joy in the fact that you CAN sell your wii once you have your wii u.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:38 am

I wouldn't sell my Wii, I got Gamecube games to play.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:51 am

GobulHunterJames wrote:
I wouldn't sell my Wii, I got Gamecube games to play.

Which is why I havn't sold my Gamecube yet XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:43 pm

No, it will not transfer over. It's a new game, have to start from the beginning!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Hey pain, just FYI. You may have missed the date on the post but the original question to this thread was answered back in November as well was the last post made before yours. Sometimes it's easy to miss those dates though.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:31 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Hey pain, just FYI. You may have missed the date on the post but the original question to this thread was answered back in November as well was the last post made before yours. Sometimes it's easy to miss those dates though.

derpsauce xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:22 pm

dcj91x wrote:

If you didn't post something to an outdated thread at some point, you didn't have an mhwiki childhood.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?   Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it possable to transfer mh3 save data to mh3gu?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next