Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )

Go down 
+31
Tomderdepp
GobulHunterJames
Phazon Xenomorph
Verity19
Myra the Sark
Samochan
Lucas
JAGGIRIPPER
Xzen
Armoured Barioth
Yamatsu
Sai_
PAiN---
Grossmond
Randomhunter
haruno
Andy124
Yuki
Esham
enemy61390
Saisei
E&Troy
Anonymin
Ares
Darklinghunter
Hawkfriend
dcj91x
Akai the White Lightning
Antari18
Arkenaw
Amnesty
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Amnesty
Bnahabra
Amnesty

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:47 am

First topic message reminder :

So, no one likes, it, it's 'overpowered' and makes the use of a bow a button spam.

However think practically here people,

When fighting a fire monster, you take what? ice.. or water? or whatever that helps SPEED UP KILLING IT.

The kelbi bow succeeds in killing things quicker, so why the hate?
Do you feel hard done by that you've learnt the bow like a master and hate seeing people use it easily? get off your elitist high horse and open your mind

Or do you hate the fact youdon't have it yet?

Why knock something that makes hunting that little bit easier, if I'm going to grind 500 lagia's for a mantle or a sapphire, I'm not going to make the quest last a few minutes longer to satisfy my damned ego that " i didn't make the quest easier, instead, I'm hardxcore and made it harder by using a bone weapon !! "

It just seems some of you have some kind of 'hipster' hate toward a bow that speeds up the process of grinding?

If you don't find it satisfying, sure, don't use it, but don't go around " OMG ITS FOR NABS ITS TOO EZ TO USE "
I don't find great swording satisfying, so I just don't use it.

Stop complaining, and let people choose what they want.

I'm pretty sure I've seen more NON kelbi bow users then I have that use it.
Not to mention in Tri, who didn't use ala weapons to make life easier?
So why moan about this bow? It's not easy for some to obtain, not to mention you'll need lagia g rank armour to make it actually worth using, and gem in destroyer and bombardier reguires the right talisman and likely a rath ruby for decoration.

It's not like you start the game with it.

WHY ALL THE HATE.
*DEFENDERS OF THE KELBI BOW*

Yes I use it, but I'll also take my dual blades and hunting horn too :D

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:37 pm

If you don't mind me I'll leave this here >.> I think it proves Lucas' point and samochan's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrSpBfjJJTM
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Yuki wrote:
If you don't mind me I'll leave this here >.> I think it proves Lucas' point and samochan's

Yeah i know this vid. The status gunner in this is completely badass aspecially in 1:02, with clusting wings. Have 100% control of the situation. Set is also impressive: load up, recoil down+2, reload speed+1, bombardier and status atk+1. It require recoil+4, bomb boost+10 tali though.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Antari18 wrote:
Yuki wrote:

Yeah i know this vid. The status gunner in this is completely badass aspecially in 1:02, with clusting wings. Have 100% control of the situation. Set is also impressive: load up, recoil down+2, reload speed+1, bombardier and status atk+1. It require recoil+4, bomb boost+10 tali though.

I find it more badass how the blindly shot those attack boosts to his buddies on 0:33.

Others are using dragon/normal/dunno shots + one hammer I recon? Knowing exactly how many exhaust shots to shoot to get that KO just before para ends... lots of practice and badassness. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S7enkLjrp4

From same people, makes slime seem like child's play. 1:46 mins with dragon s compared to slime 6:40.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Samochan wrote:

I find it more badass how the blindly shot those attack boosts to his buddies on 0:33.

Others are using dragon/normal/dunno shots + one hammer I recon? Knowing exactly how many exhaust shots to shoot to get that KO just before para ends... lots of practice and badassness. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S7enkLjrp4

From same people, makes slime seem like child's play. 1:46 mins with dragon s compared to slime 6:40.

As mad as it may seem i recon gunners are using pierce on the first video. 2 piercers have adren+2, bombardier, challenger+2 and something else mabye pierce boost? Keep in mind they're shoting ala when it's on the ground or being para for better angle. I have no idea what's the set up for hammer, probably something with challenger+2 and adren+2 too because of the HP value. As for status i'm 100% sure about the set because he showed it after the fight. The rest is just my guess.

As for the second video yeah great and very original strategy. This team is very talented and experienced. Hats off Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Myra the Sark
Felyne
Myra the Sark

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:31 pm

To be honest, I don't even know what the Kelbi Bow is. ~Myra
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 3:41 pm

^It's a bow that's pretty easy to make, at first, when it comes to its materials, and is pretty much considered to be the best bow (usually called OP for this) at its last stage, which isn't so easy to make. To give a personal example of how good it is, my younger brother's pretty much taken out a Jhen with just the bow, and even broke both its tusks in less than five minutes, from what he's recalling while I'm typing. He kept flinching it repeatedly while I was on it, too, allowing for me and my long sword to break the rocks on its back even faster, since it was being given little chance to throw me off. I also have it, plus a Nox set to go with it, but I'm more for long swords than bows, no matter how good they are.
Read through here and noticed slime being mentioned, too. I'll admit to using the long sword a lot, but I've always been a fan of explosives, ever since the Jho runs on Tri, which is the only reason I use it so much; I love the explosions. Of course, I get bored and like some change, so I like to use long swords that're the monster's weakness when I'm not up for slime at the moment, or switch to my Jho one for a while, since it has no element and good attack.
As was also mentioned, it is harder to go through everything with some not-so-strong weapon(s); I was doing multiple monster and Abyssal hunts alone after I started college in August, being without my brother for support, though I ended up getting better, skill and equipment-wise, and passing him. 3DS users such as myself tend to be more likely to use the "OP" stuff because we end up getting used to solo runs or small, limited groups, with mine being limited to just me, my brother, and my older sis who is still rank 6 and in Arzuros X, her only G rank set. My siblings now lean on me more, so I've got to be ready to back them up or take over the quest completely if things turn ugly. Some are luckier than me with finding teammates, though, and can use weaker weapons and equipment against the monsters they hunt.
Those who hate slime and Kelbi bows or whatever it is they hate, there's a chance they're just making an example of themselves unknowingly of just how dependent some people are on judging others for whatever reason. My brother even said there are a lot of people on a site we both use sometimes who hate lancers, even kicking out anyone who enters their room with a lance equipped. My brother's great with lancing, so this just bothers us both. I understand the mindset points, that using such strong weapons can sometimes have people think they're better than they really are, having them not looking into things like skills or other weapons/elements/etc, but there really are people who are just hating on the weapon class/element/weapon, whatever it is, itself.
Personally, when I hunt, I'm just in it for the fun if I'm able to hunt with someone, sibling or not. Even if the hunt is a failure, there's something to be made of it. I don't care what people are using, so long as their armor's able to keep them alive. Can't blame them if it isn't, though, sometimes, like if they're new to G rank. One of the only things that bother me is when people "leech," doing nothing to help and just getting the points and materials after. I remember a few of those hunters from Tri ">.>
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Absolutely worst kind of leechers are those who choose lucent narga/silver&gold raths. At the beginning of the quest they say "sorry got a phone afk" and than stay in safe zone for the rest of the fight, waiting for others to finish the quest for them. >_<

Back to topic - Kelbi bow is really a great weapon which supports many possibilities. For instance classic lv1 sperad spam works extremally well with occasional status support (para, sleep, KO) as it got best coating avilability of all bows in game. Status+2 works really well with it as well as bombardier/trapmaster.

If you like you can use it different way. I, for instance focus on using lv4 rapid arrows with power coatings. Rapid up + Weakness Expliot works really well with this. You can also add heroics for absolutely overkill. This set requires however little more knowledge as you need to aim for a parts with a hitzone higher than 45 (i.e you can pretty much stun lock Narga with shooting in his head, same goes with Zinogre). Occasional expliosions also helps. Imho kelbi bow is really fun to play with, something little bit different than other bows and that's what make it special.

It's kinda sad that in MH4 they nerf it so bad that it's practically useless. All thx to tremendous waves of unnecessary hate without reasonable arguments. It's pretty clear that there're more broken and more annoying things in 3U than Kelbi Bow. Namely those Dual Blades/LS spammers, rapid firing gunners locking you in place, pellet abusers, noobs comboing GS attacks and hitting you in the process etc.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Take an Armor Pill every 30 seconds if you aren't capable of dealing with 3 other hunters around you
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 11:51 am

Yeah I'm aware of that mechanic. Really hate those spammers who think it's natural weapon property to disturb other players - "I'm going dual so no matter what i'll spam R+X+A everywhere and I don't care about anyone". "I'm going Dual so i'll go for a head and spam this attack over and over, no matter we have hammer with us".

Also i'm not sure if you're aware how absurdly sound what you said above. I hope you were ironic.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:17 pm

Absurd suggestion for absurd 4th paragraph
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 4:50 am

So I'm playing with friends on my 3ds copy cause they bought 3ds's and that (and pokemon), and I wanted to do something different...

What is that ridiculously OP gunner armor combo that's like HGE, Partbreaker, Bombardier, Awaken, and whatever else?
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:17 am

Full Helios X. Made from parts from Goldbeard Ceadeus (G rank), and HR Village Ceadeus.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:40 am

Helios X, then you can gem in any skill pretty much. If your going straight Xx4205L1M3xX that's the set you want.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 12:08 pm

I just don't like Slime because for me, it takes away a large amount of fun.
For me, it was killing different monsters with different weapons and making those better that gave me the most joy, but with slime, I think what annoys me is that it's usable on pretty much anything. That feeling of being forced to make a different element weapon made me play more.
I hate having to resort to a slime weapon, I like being forced to fight other monsters to create a better weapon to beat the big ones.
I actually do have a Slime hammer, but I almost never use it now in favour of my SnS' because with a slime weapon most fights just seem boring as they won't upgrade the weapon I'm using.
I have no problem with other people using it, but I feel I get more playtime by not using them.
Now then, I need to go upgrade one of my weapons so I can get sacs from Baleful Gigginox to upgrade my bow to beat other stuff faster.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 4:17 pm

GobulHunterJames wrote:
For me, it was killing different monsters with different weapons and making those better that gave me the most joy, but with slime, I think what annoys me is that it's usable on pretty much anything. That feeling of being forced to make a different element weapon made me play more.

I personally love slime, just because of those explosions. Those satisfy me just as much as listening to the sound of Pierce S Lvl 3 going through a long monster. :D

Also, Slime is definitely usable on anything, but that is mainly because of the high raw damage on the weapon itself. The only reason I'd take a slime weapon with me against a dire miralis or jhen morhan (both are high hit point monsters) is because of the raw damage. Slime because allot worse the more hit points the monster has (Because it's like trying to paralyze a monster with a para weapon again and again after already paralyzing it 5 times).
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:00 am

GobulHunterJames wrote:

Yes that's great argument in theory but in reality is completely invalid. As a GS user I have a collection of all elemental GS's but use only 2-3 of them. Most of the time I use ala GS as too many things are weak to dragon (even Agnaktor in opposite to common knowledge which reduce usage of water GS's pretty much to zero). I use brachy GS rarely because most of the time ala GS is better choice.

That can be said about pretty much every weapon class (it's either ala or lucent weapon) outside of few exceptions like DS, bow, Hammer which indeed best weapon in it's class is slime weapon. Don't get me wrong, you're absolutely right that slime weapons can be used on every monster with good result, but don't forget that the same thing can be said baout ala and lucent weapons because of its properties (crazy sharpness, affinity which opens up possibilities for new skills etc.).

So hating slime because of this, is pretty much hating it for just being a slime Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:38 am

I like the kelbi bow. mostly for the reason that i love bowing (but suck at doing dmg with them), unfortunately you need quite specific skills to make a bow as effective as most of the melee weapons. as i don't really want to make dozens of armor sets to fit my weapons, but rather use one set that is good for everything (well for most) kelbi bow is a good choice: as you said slime is good against practically everything, so i can use this one set pretty much all the time

I know this is quite a lazy attidude, and don't get me wrong I do use different bows too, but as i only have the 3ds version and nobody to play with, soloing with a weapon i can do no dmg with is stupid and i just don't have the time to perfect my bow skills to a level as close to perfection.
I also got other slime weapons, that i quite like, but rarely use. i like my brachy SnS as it is just great at tripping monsters, Brachy GL is just fun to use because of all the explosions and it looks badass.

slime in general is not overpowered. many may get the expression, as the firsr HR weapons you can get are slime weapons and of course there is quite a difference between the upper LR and the lower HR gear. but many people fail to see that slime gets outpowered after some time.
i do like slime, mainly because explosions are cool. but also because it offers a new style of playing (even though many dislike that style) and it can be a great help when you are stuck at monsters with strong armor or breaking something (though i know it might not be the best choice in lots of cases).

as i said i don't use my slime weps that often but i still think they are fun to use.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:41 am

I really don't mind when people use the Kelbi Bow. It only bothers me when it's the only weapon someone ever uses. I makes me doubt that they have any other skills at the game. My other problem with it is that it misleads people who want to get into bows. As a new person seeing someone use a kelbi bow, they'll think that the way to use a bow is spamming lvl 1 shots all the time. I've seen this way too many times, and it's pretty disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:02 am

MetaMarx wrote:
I really don't mind when people use the Kelbi Bow. It only bothers me when it's the only weapon someone ever uses. I makes me doubt that they have any other skills at the game. My other problem with it is that it misleads people who want to get into bows. As a new person seeing someone use a kelbi bow, they'll think that the way to use a bow is spamming lvl 1 shots all the time. I've seen this way too many times, and it's pretty disappointing.

actually even with kelbi bow it's better to charge your bow. as not only the raw dmg gets increased, but also the slime element/status (same goes for every other status). the only way spamming lvl1 shots with kelbi bow is with 4 people standing around a monster trying to flinch it out of every move.
also if you want to break a certain part, the lvl3 rapid is way better than lvl1 spread, as long as you can aim at least most of your shots remotely precice
Back to top Go down
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:52 am

Maybe I am just weird like that, but personally I'd much rather take a poison weapon than a slime one when farming various monsters. I did for my pumpkin armor. Sure the burst you can do with a slime weapon is amazing but it will drop off over time. Don't get me wrong. I like slime much more than the other statuses. But that is for one reason, and one reason only. You can actually see it build up rather than "oh the monster got paralyzed this attack".

And the only time slime can be "the best" is when you're not the only one who are using it anyway. Simply because Go to moga village and bring out a elemental/status dependant weapon(such as DS, SnS or Bow). Go out there twice. once with slime and once with another status/elemental. I have farmed the pumpkin armor so believe me when I tell you that I am fully aware that for that kind of farming slime is pretty much useless in solo. Once that duram spawns you can do whatever you want but he will not give a fuck about your slime. Even 5 explosions in he still doesn't really care which takes quite a while to build up on your own.
Most of the time there is simply another solution that is better than slime. That is my honest opinion of it. But hey, whatever floats your boat right?

So go ahead, use your slime, use your kelbi bow if that is what makes it fun for you. The only thing I ask of you(wether you use slime or not) is that you are able to pull your own weight.
I will simply keep on using my poison, para and various elements. Because that is what I like.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:37 am

Un-Tan wrote:
Maybe I am just weird like that, but personally I'd much rather take a poison weapon than a slime one when farming various monsters. I did for my pumpkin armor. Sure the burst you can do with a slime weapon is amazing but it will drop off over time. Don't get me wrong. I like slime much more than the other statuses. But that is for one reason, and one reason only. You can actually see it build up rather than "oh the monster got paralyzed this attack".

And the only time slime can be "the best" is when you're not the only one who are using it anyway. Simply because Go to moga village and bring out a elemental/status dependant weapon(such as DS, SnS or Bow). Go out there twice. once with slime and once with another status/elemental. I have farmed the pumpkin armor so believe me when I tell you that I am fully aware that for that kind of farming slime is pretty much useless in solo. Once that duram spawns you can do whatever you want but he will not give a fuck about your slime. Even 5 explosions in he still doesn't really care which takes quite a while to build up on your own.
Most of the time there is simply another solution that is better than slime. That is my honest opinion of it. But hey, whatever floats your boat right?

So go ahead, use your slime, use your kelbi bow if that is what makes it fun for you. The only thing I ask of you(wether you use slime or not) is that you are able to pull your own weight.
I will simply keep on using my poison, para and various elements. Because that is what I like.

I’ve had a different experience, I find it way easier to use in solo.  Monsters do build up tolerance the more that it’s used but it’s not as fast as paralysis, sleep, or poison where you might get 3-4 status inflictions. You can make slime last the entire hunt, unless your runs are around 20-30 min solo (your runs shouldn’t take that long anyways, if they are you should be using an element instead). I have done plenty of 10-15 minute solo runs in G-Rank using only slime, even with slower weapons like GS and Hammer that don’t proc slime like DS or LS does.

Duram isn’t a monster that slime should be used solo anyways, if you are then you’re doing it wrong. His HP pool is way too much solo, which goes for any monster that has a huge HP pool. The only benefit of using slime on Duram is that you can completely break his tail off with only one charged Rapid Fire shot in G-Rank. I know because that’s how I farm hardtails when I’m playing solo. Other than that it’s going to take a while which goes back to why slime shouldn’t be used on all monsters with a large HP Pool.  Unless of course you’re in a group and you want parts broken like when people bring Kelbi Bow in Jhen runs, or you’re Hardhorn farming and you want horns broken asap, one slime GS charge will break both horns.

Another example is Lucent Narga, ice is his main elemental weakness, but yet the highest hit zone using ice is only 20. Slime is a way better replacement. Ideally for Lucent you should go for the tail tip as that’s the highest raw hit zone, around 60-76 for melee and about 65 for gunning, but after it’s cut off then that high hit zone is inaccessible. I’ve seen a 7 min Lucent solo using slime DS’s. There’s hardly any ice weapon that will get you a time like that using element alone in solo. But for Regular or Green Narga, Thunder absolutley destroys them.

Now of course about 85% of the weapons are use are either straight raw or elemental. I could go slime on an Abyssal to break his horns after chasing him or having to flash him in place, or I could Dragon S it and break the horns under 45 seconds solo.  It’s all monster dependent, those using only Kelbi Bow may be breaking parts easily, and may be getting tons of flinches, but solo it’s going to take to long if you’re using it on the wrong monster. You’ll never see a successful Super Ivory run with someone using Kelbi Bow because the DPS is not enough in a 4 person group vs someone using it on regular G Rank ivory which only takes about 5 minutes in a group and just under 10  minutes solo using Kelbi Bow. I only say, if you’re going to use slime then use it right. And Kelbi Bow in particular, it would be nice if people learned of its potential other than LV1 spamming Yes by vort

Last edited by PAiN--- on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Maybe I wasn't clear enough :/
I never use para when solo simply because it's just not worth it. And what I ment with "hunting various different monsters" is that you hunt a bunch without getting a chance to change equipment.
Try to go into moga forrest with only 3 shock traps(tools + 2thunderbugs) and a pitfall mask(no pitfall trap allowed. only the mask). now you have to capture every monster that can give you 5* commodities aswell. And you dun really get to decide all of them. So you potentially only have 1trap that you can use in any way that you want for free damage. As for other items; Only various meds, dung bombs, tranqs and paintballs are allowed.
Now I believe that I have created a setting where you can't abuse items(and these were the settings I had for . To top this all off: you must bring a weapon class that isn't mainly dependant on raw. Do you still think that one element is worth it? I don't because I mainly use DS. So if I were to bring a fire DS it would take ages to cap a azure los for example. THAT is why I bring poison. Because it will always be usefull since nox can't be freehunted.

Sorry for going OT. Just wanted to correct you.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Well it’s going to be different then between players, everyone plays different. I don’t play with certain “rules or settings” so my choices of what weapons and items I bring is going to be quite large versus yours. The way I play is I bring the best weapon for the monster, and the right items. I don’t limit myself. If you’re doing a normal quest with multiple monsters, or going into the Moga Woods to fight multiple monsters, then you do have a small choice of which weapon to use. Disregarding slime, status or raw is the best choice, unless all of the monsters share a common elemental weakness.

When I farmed my commodities I cycled my monster rotation until I got the monster that I needed, and only hunted that monster. If you’re going to try to hunt multiple monsters at once to get more commodities in a single run, and you don’t want to use weapons dependent on raw, nor slime then your elemental choices are slim, and the best status to choose is either Poison or Exhaust. (can’t remember but off the top of my head I believe there are more poison weapons with higher DPS than exhaust) Para and Sleep wouldn’t be a good choice.

But that’s the challenge people create for themselves which I have nothing against, but it’s not for me. I was just going off what you said that farming solo with slime is useless. I also have Mosgharl X armor, and the only thing I had trouble getting was the Monster Essence. But I use raw weapons when I farm Duram, usually a HBG Pierce set or Raw only Greatsword. Since slime is already a bad choice for killing/capping Duram solo, and assuming you’re only going to hunt Duram then Fire or Poison is the best option if you’re not using Raw based weapons.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:10 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
Well it’s going to be different then between players, everyone plays different. I don’t play with certain “rules or settings” so my choices of what weapons and items I bring is going to be quite large versus yours. The way I play is I bring the best weapon for the monster, and the right items. I don’t limit myself. If you’re doing a normal quest with multiple monsters, or going into the Moga Woods to fight multiple monsters, then you do have a small choice of which weapon to use. Disregarding slime, status or raw is the best choice, unless all of the monsters share a common elemental weakness.

But that’s the challenge people create for themselves which I have nothing against, but it’s not for me. I was just going off what you said that farming solo with slime is useless. I also have Mosgharl X armor, and the only thing I had trouble getting was the Monster Essence. But I use raw weapons when I farm Duram, usually a HBG Pierce set or Raw only Greatsword. Since slime is already a bad choice for killing/capping Duram solo, and assuming you’re only going to hunt Duram then Fire or Poison is the best option if you’re not using Raw based weapons.  

I'm quite sure that he didn't mean that he put any rules up for himself. he just created a scenario where the most obvious solutions(like using good raw dmg) didn't matter.
I'd assume he he deosn't use pitfalls, because farming nets is just an anoying thing to do. with the item limitations, he just wanted to make sure there was no flashbomb spamming involved but a square and fair fight man vs monster. also out of practical reasons taking as few mats as possible is advisable, so you can still do some farming, without being afraid of filling your bag.
and if you want to use DS, SnS, bow or something like that, simply because you think they are fun, not because of any challenge, pure raw wep isn't really an option (at least not a too good one), single element as astablished by several people now would also be impractical, as would be para and sleep, so the only choices remaining would be poison or slime...i actually had the same problem and i used either one of them or the element that fitted the preticted monsters and would head back if a monster appeared, that had a high resistance for that element.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Yeah, everyone plays different. Un-Tan said he uses DS so element/status is without question the best choice. Some people will use weapons that take raw damage into consideration. Thing is, whether that's how he plays like that or made it up there are hunters that do play like that. I met one last weekend. The argument over the Kelbi Bow and slime will continue in MH3U, which is totally normal. MH4 it's not that big of a deal because the Kelbi Bow got nerfed ^.^

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )   Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow ) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next