Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 36 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 36 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 40 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:07 am

You can also use dain's patented method:

-Eat might pill
-Eat might seed
-Forget to eat another might seed within 200 seconds
-Eat might pill...
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:29 am

dainbramage wrote:
You can also use dain's patented method:

-Eat might pill
-Eat might seed
-Forget to eat another might seed within 200 seconds
-Eat might pill...

Aye, for a short while yesterday that was also my method :P
Back to top Go down
MMJR
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3G

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:45 am

Question why don't I have the option to make Dark Claw? HR66 completed all city quest, haven't finished the village quest got like 4 more to go the dual monster ones. I have a coulpe Ala tail and elderdragonblood don't know if I have a Ala talon. I can't make a Critical Jewel (Crit Draw +3) jewel also.

anyone have any ideal why?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:17 pm

MMJR wrote:
Question why don't I have the option to make Dark Claw? HR66 completed all city quest, haven't finished the village quest got like 4 more to go the dual monster ones. I have a coulpe Ala tail and elderdragonblood don't know if I have a Ala talon. I can't make a Critical Jewel (Crit Draw +3) jewel also.

anyone have any ideal why?

Thanks

You need to have the talons for it to show up. They are the "main ingredient", so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Um..I just got online and the chatbox. It wasn't letting me use it. Say i type in HI.
I got to the red arrow. I hear the sound simliar to the BACKSPACE button and the whole thing disappears and nothing is said.

I even tried Shouts. Nothing happened except a Lag.

What the hell is wrong!?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:38 pm

It sounds like you might be using the B button instead of the A button.
Back to top Go down
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 6:09 am

Win32error wrote:
It sounds like you might be using the B button instead of the A button.
Well, i would think that too but that doesn't explain the Shouts. When you go to the screen and go to the mini screen of either saying or editting.
Back to top Go down
TiroDvD
Popo
TiroDvD

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:43 am

1. I'd like to learn the SA. What a good generic SA to make? I've only begun HR.

2. What's the formula for affinity for it's general principles?
Dam = Affinity * Raw * 2 + (100-Affinity) * Raw?
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:53 pm

TiroDvD wrote:
1. I'd like to learn the SA. What a good generic SA to make? I've only begun HR.

2. What's the formula for affinity for it's general principles?
Dam = Affinity * Raw * 2 + (100-Affinity) * Raw?

If you just started high rank, probably the barroth one. You can have it fully upgraded from just HR barroth hunts.

Not counting attack variables or hitboxes, your average physical damage is going to be

Dam = attack/class*sharp*(1+affinity/4)

where affinity is a decimal (i.e. 50% affinity = 0.5).

Note that attack power and weapon class are pretty much fudges. For example, every fully-upgraded alatreon weapon has an attack/class of 180. Every jho weapon is 200 except the LS which is 210, etc. So if you know the raw you can just skip the atk/class and replace it.

A crit does 25% more damage, not double damage (which is why your equation is wrong, not counting sharpness... well that, and you needed to divide the whole thing by 100). And for posterity, only affects physical damage and not elemental.
Back to top Go down
Griphter195
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 5:12 am

Hey Guys I just wsa wondering for starting offline what is the better SnS path I know the whole each has it's own strengths and stuff but it would be nice to know which path to follow (playing offline to get mats)
Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 5:58 am

There is no "best path" in any weapon, especially with sns. As a lot of damage comes from element, you'll have to get a lot of sns's. For the first few hunts the bone path may be slightly better due to higher raw, but you'll have to sharpen more often. From then on, you'll want to use luddy sns and pecco sns to match elemental weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 6:28 am

Win32error wrote:
There is no "best path" in any weapon, especially with sns. As a lot of damage comes from element, you'll have to get a lot of sns's. For the first few hunts the bone path may be slightly better due to higher raw, but you'll have to sharpen more often. From then on, you'll want to use luddy sns and pecco sns to match elemental weaknesses.

Well, there's definitely a "best" GS, and only two "best" hammers. So it's not true for every weapon. But for SnS it's definitely true. It's so elementally dependant that you need to have one SnS of each element to take advantage of monsters' weaknesses.

As for early game SnS, it suffers from the same problem. There's no element available early, I think the first opportunity is after peco? Since it relies on element... yeah. With that said, you'll want to go down the bone path so that you can make peco's SnS as soon as possible, then make a new bone one and go down the ludroth path. And then lagi's and bari's paths when you get up to them. Unfortunately there's no reliable way to get dragon on an SnS before the ala one.
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Is there a Jho guide anywhere here? I checke dhte guide section and didn't see one. I've never fought one before and thought maybe, if I've got the right equipment, I would try it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 3:08 pm

RDC wrote:
Is there a Jho guide anywhere here? I checke dhte guide section and didn't see one. I've never fought one before and thought maybe, if I've got the right equipment, I would try it this weekend.

I'll write you a quick guide:

1. Equip a lance
2. Have evade + 1 active
3. Stab his tummy

Evade lancing jho is such an overwhelming tactic you will realize that your teammates may actually become a bigger threat to you and a decent quest completion time than jho himself.

P.S. I am not kidding. Speed run options are certainly available and just need a good status gunner or a trap cycle for those.
Back to top Go down
Rene
Seltas
Rene

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:18 am

RDC wrote:

Nav gave you some really good advice. Bottom line is use evade +1 with whatever weapon you are most comfy with. His attacks are mostly broad sweeping ones but they are quick in frame rate. With evade +1 you can dodge through most of his attacks.

As far as items are concerned. Dung bombs - Just in case he pins you. You could use Drugged Meat to put him to sleep and bomb his face. Tinged meat will para him as well. Poison meat isn't that great as Jho has high poison resistance. Use your traps when he is exausted to maximize the time he is stuck in them for (He gets exausted frequently).

That's about it. Once you get his patterns down he really isn't all that difficult. I would love to join you on these hunts but I won't be available this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 8:20 am

Quick question, does anyone know the ''best'' way to get Armor Stones? Or barring that, ways of getting 'em? I'm after finishing a double quest offline ('Dangerous Waters', Royal Luddy and my nemesis, the lantern fish), and I got one.....so I checked up online ('cus Google's cool), and there were varing theories on the ways of getting them...but as it was off Gamefaq's forum, I took it with a pinch of salt (as it seems pretty full of trolls). Took a quick search here and on the Wikia, but the only thing I could find was that its possible to get them off the ''Alluring Dress'' event quest online. Are there any other ways of getting 'em?
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 8:36 am

Slyffer wrote:
Quick question, does anyone know the ''best'' way to get Armor Stones? Or barring that, ways of getting 'em? I'm after finishing a double quest offline ('Dangerous Waters', Royal Luddy and my nemesis, the lantern fish), and I got one.....so I checked up online ('cus Google's cool), and there were varing theories on the ways of getting them...but as it was off Gamefaq's forum, I took it with a pinch of salt (as it seems pretty full of trolls). Took a quick search here and on the Wikia, but the only thing I could find was that its possible to get them off the ''Alluring Dress'' event quest online. Are there any other ways of getting 'em?

http://divinewh.im/i/409/

You can also get them when your fleet goes treasure hunting. I think Quest lvl Quest lvl and up.

Also on a practical level, you're much better off just directly going after armor spheres than armor stones.
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 9:10 am

Aye, I know it ain't practical, and I'm more than well off in terms of Armor Spheres after all my 'Roll The Uroktor' runs (apart from Heavy Armor Spheres, they're just bitches though). This is more to satisfy my anal compulsiveness, in that I'm missing one or two of the combinations regarding Armor Stones, and to also have one or two lying in my box, for the craic lol.

+'ed, thanks dainbramage.
Back to top Go down
Shepherd
Felyne
Shepherd

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:22 am

So I see all kinds of topics describing horrible players and crummy randies but is there any topics to point out the good ones? I've looked through the older info but didn't see any (maybe I missed it). If we are so quick to point out the negitive shouldn't we have a topic to commend those who did really well? I for one have had more postive randies than negitive and feel the need to make a topic to recomend others. What say you?
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:03 am

You should make it I've had plenty of good experiences with randoms as well and also weren't we all a random to each other before getting to know each other and becoming friends.
Back to top Go down
Luciarn
Popo
Luciarn

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:46 pm

I finally reached HR30, and now I have a few problems concerning Jhen:

-When is the best time to gong/dragonate?
-How do I best prevent him from doing damage to the ship in phase 2 of the battle?
-What is the best way to recruit people into helping you with this quest?
-How many people will I need at least to have a chance of repelling it?

If anyone can help, thanks guys!^^
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Luciarn wrote:

-How do I best prevent him from doing damage to the ship in phase 2 of the battle?

I'll show you if you want I am poor at explains in depth also you can kill it with two people you necessarily need a full team but if it's all low ranks it is best to know the ships artillery by heart gong use it when it is about to belly flop on this ship the dragonator when it jumps over the ship the first time and you are done with attacking the back phase it will try to swim in to the ship head on don't worry if you do it a bit early if it hits you are still doing damage and preventing the shi from being harmed.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Luciarn wrote:

Save the gong as much as possible. You should use the Binder on the first attack, and only use the gong when the Binder isn't ready. When Jhen moves to the port(left) side of the boat, he will either bellyflop, charge the boat, or both. Use the gong on the Flop, and the Binder on the charge. Dragonating, I usually hit the button when he emerges from the sand after the first jump.

In phase two, the same principals apply. Always try to save the gong for the Bellyflops, as they stun him for a while and expose his weak mouth to attack.

You can start a 4* urgent city in the recruiting servers. If you've killed a Jhen before you can also start a city specifically labeled "Jhen Mohran". Finally, there are many hunters here who would help you, if you make a topic in the "City Hall" section.

Two, well coordinated hunters at HR 30 have a good shot at repelling Jhen.
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Rene wrote:
RDC wrote:

Nav gave you some really good advice. Bottom line is use evade +1 with whatever weapon you are most comfy with. His attacks are mostly broad sweeping ones but they are quick in frame rate. With evade +1 you can dodge through most of his attacks.

As far as items are concerned. Dung bombs - Just in case he pins you. You could use Drugged Meat to put him to sleep and bomb his face. Tinged meat will para him as well. Poison meat isn't that great as Jho has high poison resistance. Use your traps when he is exausted to maximize the time he is stuck in them for (He gets exausted frequently).

That's about it. Once you get his patterns down he really isn't all that difficult. I would love to join you on these hunts but I won't be available this weekend.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Sadly, internet access has been crap. When I get it back I will post for help. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Danis137
Kelbi
Danis137

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:24 am

Hey guys,

I have just checked the "Best weapons for each monster" thread and i wanted to ask why there are little to none switch-axe preferences for the monsters? Is it just preference or swaxe is considered bad in any way?

P.S. Swaxe is the only weapon i primarily use atm, so just want to make sure its not a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 36 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 40 ... 44  Next