Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)

Go down 
+28
anduin55
iJAM
Ataraxia
Anonymin
Yuki
Ultimate Jaggi
quidam
Yamatsu
MasterOnion
Lalo
Will
Silverwind
Silverneo188
Vajra
Chips
Ulicies
RDC
Oni Zelkami
Quentin
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Derb
WinNerd
Snagglux
Eddy
It's meh
elchele
Win32error
dcj91x
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Empty
PostSubject: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:10 am

Rumors but they have gotten a few things correct before:

http://stickskills.com/2012/07/04/monster-hunter-4-details/

Last edited by dcj91x on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:12 am

I think most of those are going to be true...mostly because that's just likely.

The only thing i couldn't have guessed myself is the moving camp. But does that mean it could get destroyed by a monster too?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:27 am

No, I would say it just stars in a different location due to the larger open world.

I am disappointed in the no water areas though. I feel that this would be taking a step back in the series evolution but may explain why they would choose to skip a release of monster hunter 3G in the west if they plan on releasing monster hunter 4 here.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:54 pm

I hear ya!! i just got a message from my friend talling me that there will be no water battles so i will be back to>>> Omg!! i can't carve the death plesioth becouse it's in the water and my hunter can't swim!!!.

Yep i think it's a step back, maybe they did try with water battles but becouse of the graphics of the 3ds it was too much work so they just decided: The hell with it!!, if they want water battles let them play MH TRI.

And they just want to try the new mecanics to not screw up the water battles. Also the story may be in the midle of a country where there is no water, MH TRI the boss was a water monster.

So maybe on MH 5 we will get water battles and new mecanics. Rage by sipax.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Fmaitsu takes a look at MH4   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:36 pm

http://m.cubed3.com/index.php?op=2&storyid=16957&r=

Here is an article posted about MH4 with some scans from the latest Fmaitsu.

What do you think about the traveling camp?
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:59 pm

dcj91x wrote:

"The single player mode is set to be some of the biggest in the Monster Hunter line - revolving around the largest number of NPCs within the home camp dubbed "Barubare"; a horde of caravans that move between various areas in the overworld, instead of a fixed location. "

Seems like they'll be doing a new way of "free hunting" like in Tri, but instead, the camp moves to where you're going..
Sounds a little interesting.

The removal of water is pretty disappointing to me, but hopefully the ground gameplay will more than make up for it.

"Enemies and AI have also bee spruced up - changes in movement and attacks based on how high they are above ground, on slopes etc. These environment can also suffer wear and tear, creating a more lifelike and robust world to explore with "new elements" and "funning running around fields". There will be a stronger focus for overworld play, and the key water element of Monster Hunter 3 won't be in this next game. "

This also seems interesting too, it seems like the monsters will behave differently depending on what area they're in.
Somewhat like how water monsters in tri changed when they entered water maybe?
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 8:55 pm

dcj91x wrote:

The armors look really good. Also, the black and purple one reminds me of Fatalis... Probably he returns??

The blue one has the colors of deyuragua, I think that is his name, from mhfo.
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas

Thank you Points : 38

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:32 am

Eddy wrote:
The armors look really good. Also, the black and purple one reminds me of Fatalis... Probably he returns??

That armour's going to be for the monster that shows up at the end of the trailer, no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
WinNerd
Khezu
WinNerd

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sweden

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:59 pm

The firey one to the left looks a bit like a firey countepart to MH3's Barioth set.
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 3:16 pm

WinNerd wrote:
The firey one to the left looks a bit like a firey countepart to MH3's Barioth set.

I thought of the monkey that they showed.
Back to top Go down
Derb
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:00 am

The first armor made me think of Infernape, the pokemon.

Things that haven't really been pointed out about the armors.

The way the fourth one's hands are different, it looks like gunner armor often does.

The fifth looks like it is holding a knife.

The first one's hands look encased in the armor how can it hold a weapon? (Or the third one, really?)
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:46 am

Derb wrote:
The first one's hands look encased in the armor how can it hold a weapon? (Or the third one, really?)

You can still see part of the first hunter's hand. It isn't encased in any armour, there's just some big ol' fur balls on the gauntlets hiding his hands. Wouldn't be difficult at all to hold something with that armour. Same goes for the third one, there's an indent in the gauntlets right next to the hunter's hands so holding a weapon wouldn't be any more difficult than it already is.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:21 pm

There are new actual in game images out today. But I'm not at a computer or place to post them. Anyways if anyone sees them add them. They look pretty good but I can't help to think that the colors seem to run together and it wasn't made to be looked at without the 3D on.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 4:38 am

dcj91x wrote:
There are new actual in game images out today. But I'm not at a computer or place to post them. Anyways if anyone sees them add them. They look pretty good but I can't help to think that the colors seem to run together and it wasn't made to be looked at without the 3D on.
I found these here:
Spoiler:

These them?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:20 am

Yup, that would be some of them.

See what I mean about the colors all blending?

Hunters are hired by the caravan leader and travel with the caravan, visiting a variety of lands. The villages the caravan encounters along the way all have their own mayor and unique culture.

There are a lot of villages in the game, Tsujimoto said, and a lot of characters. Because the villages are so varied, you'll also encounter a tremendous variety of characters. This is one way in which they hope to offer single players a greater feeling of drama, said Tsujimoto. For multiplayer, Tsujimoto expects that the drama will, like always, be made by players as they play.

The first village you'll visit in the game is called "Barubare." This village was made in the feeling of a marketplace to give players the sense of being in a gathering spot for many people. Players go to Barubare to register their hunters, and will find all the standard facilities one would expect of a Monster Hunter village.

Villages that are encountered later in the game also have the standard, required facilities, but some have special facilities that you won't find anywhere else. Fujioka hopes that in the end, players will select a village of their liking for use as their main base of operations.

Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:18 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Yup, that would be some of them.

See what I mean about the colors all blending?

Hunters are hired by the caravan leader and travel with the caravan, visiting a variety of lands. The villages the caravan encounters along the way all have their own mayor and unique culture.

There are a lot of villages in the game, Tsujimoto said, and a lot of characters. Because the villages are so varied, you'll also encounter a tremendous variety of characters. This is one way in which they hope to offer single players a greater feeling of drama, said Tsujimoto. For multiplayer, Tsujimoto expects that the drama will, like always, be made by players as they play.

The first village you'll visit in the game is called "Barubare." This village was made in the feeling of a marketplace to give players the sense of being in a gathering spot for many people. Players go to Barubare to register their hunters, and will find all the standard facilities one would expect of a Monster Hunter village.

Villages that are encountered later in the game also have the standard, required facilities, but some have special facilities that you won't find anywhere else. Fujioka hopes that in the end, players will select a village of their liking for use as their main base of operations.

I hope that the NPCs will have a bigger role in this game. And as there are more villages that means there are more lands.
Maybe everything is a big land with snowy areas, desert all in one area. Wonder how monsters will do now that there are no exact areas
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:15 pm

So they're turning my non-involved story game into a game with a story that'll involve me? Hm, interesting, I do like the multiple village thing, I dunno about you but Moga Village gets a little stale around the time you hit Ceadeus.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Quentin wrote:
So they're turning my non-involved story game into a game with a story that'll involve me? Hm, interesting, I do like the multiple village thing, I dunno about you but Moga Village gets a little stale around the time you hit Ceadeus.
Monster Hunter... with story!?
Well, Tri had sort of a story.
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 4:30 am

I'm pretty sure every Monster Hunter has had some sort of story. If you can even call it that.

"Scary monster dangerous, you kill scary monster, become big hero."
"But now bigger monsters, NPC McQuestgiver! D:"
"Yes, hunter. Bigger monsters indeed much bigger. Also bigger threat. Deadly task ahead. You kill bigger monsters! Great reward if you do!"
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Snagglux wrote:
I'm pretty sure every Monster Hunter has had some sort of story. If you can even call it that.

"Scary monster dangerous, you kill scary monster, become big hero."
"But now bigger monsters, NPC McQuestgiver! D:"
"Yes, hunter. Bigger monsters indeed much bigger. Also bigger threat. Deadly task ahead. You kill bigger monsters! Great reward if you do!"
Lets see
MH1: Kill Rathalos and Monoblos
Mhdos: Kushy and Luna
MHF2: Tigrex and Akantor
MHFU: Narga and Ukanlos
Tri: Lagia and Ceadeus
P3rd: Jinouga and Amatsu
TriG: Yoshi and Guran Miraosu

Who knows which will be the cover monster and the final boss of MH4
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung
Oni Zelkami

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:12 pm

I'm betting on either Momo or the Shadow creature being the Flagship Monster for this game.
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:04 pm

It's going to be a Bnahbraa.

(It would have been funnier if I could remember how to spell it. Maybe not.)
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Let me put my Horrid cut and past skills to work!!!

Spoiler:

That works for the cover right?
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:57 pm

"You died of dysentery."
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:15 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Let me put my Horrid cut and past skills to work!!!

Spoiler:

That works for the cover right?
I dont get what you are trying to say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next