Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
How MHU Changes things.... - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
How MHU Changes things.... - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How MHU Changes things....

Go down 
+7
InstaCakes
Daggers
Derb
Dominus
It's meh
Ultimate Jaggi
dcj91x
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

How MHU Changes things.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: How MHU Changes things....   How MHU Changes things.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

So Yea... Monster Hunter Ultimate is basically Monster Hunter 3G HD on the WiiU and Monster Hunter G for the 3DS... but lets take a quick look at what this means for those of us here in the west, the Monster Hunter series, and for other gaming Consoles.

Lets start with the obvious. First off ok, it's not MH4 with a whole lot of inovations but it is an MH game that is being released basically here in the west within the first 6 months of a home consoles life and around the same time as it's getting released in Japan (or within just a few months) without the years of waiting. In fact I think this is the first time an MH game has ever gotten announced and confirmed for a western released at the same time it was announced at all.

As far as the 3DS version, thoug it will not have online it will have cross platform play and local wireless play with other 3DS' and WiiU systems as well as you being able to transfer you game information back and forth from the 3DS to the WiiU and vice versa... So basically you will be playing the same game where ever you are. This is not a bad thing as some of the DLC quests can be done on the 3DS in solo play (if it's the same as 3G) actually offering quite an advantage. Also having the 3DS will also allow you to get streetpass/spotpass and special Nintendo Zone Quests that you can't get on the WiiU and will open up special weapons and armors that you cant get by just playing the WiiU version alone. Same with the WiiU online mode I am sure.

Lets also look at it from several marketing standpoints... We saw how well 3G sold in Japan and the anticipation MH4 has there... The WiiU Having MHU on it and the 3DS with MHU here in the west may also bring quite a bit of hype especially if the MH movie talked about earlier this week gets underway by it's release date if by some chance is released by March/April.

Now, exposure.. In the last few weeks/months Monster Hunter has been talked about more here in the west than it has in a long time. With the announcement of MHU and the possible Movie and even capcoms promise to actually keep us informed of the series from now on, is this the start of us actually seeing a big push by Capcom on getting the Monster hunter Series as popular here in the west as it is in Japan.

Something else to think about... Now that we know about Monster Hunter Unlimited for the WiiU and 3DS does all the silence on MH3G here in the west now make sense?

And lastly..... How does this announcement impact Sony and Microsoft? The impact here in the west may not be imediately noticable but in Japan I think it will be seen rather quickly. The WiiU is priced rather well for all it comes with and offers compared to other systems and without the need to pay an additional monthly fee for online play (if it is good) it may attract many people. And lets face it in Japan Monster Hunter is the deciding Factor in a lot of things. The WiiU is getting MH at launch basically.... It will sale. Here in the west we are getting MH shortly after with it on two basically new nintendo devices that interact together.... Tri's biggest feature was the Online, hands down. If MHU takes the online even further and offers even more content to keep people playing more than the thousands of hours many did on tri.... Well, by the time other companies release their systems the WiiU will have a major head start thanks to Monster Hunter Ultimate...

Just a thought...

Lol... Thanks will for the spell check ;)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: How MHU Changes things....   How MHU Changes things.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 8:22 pm

dcj91x wrote:
No more Jho? We now get jho and "angry Jho"...

We were talking about tri.

we wont be able to kill jho offline
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: How MHU Changes things....   How MHU Changes things.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:06 pm

Yes we were refering to tri, But you do make a valid point.

I had full support for the 3DS when it was being unveiled. I was excited enough to work a way to end up paying only $20 on release day. The WiiU, while less impressive appeal-wise, I'm still planning on getting for my nintendo fanboy support, especially now with a MH and new smash bros. coming for both consoles, seeing as I only play the wii titles in the two series prerty much.

I'm fairly invested in getting my hands on a WiiU to show meh nintendo support, if not my MH support in conjunction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: How MHU Changes things....   How MHU Changes things.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:20 pm

dcj91x wrote:

A lot of people complained about the 3DS before released and now those who have actually played it and given it a chance really enjoy it especially those who doubted an MH game on it and have had a chance to play 3G already.

You just had to watch Capcom Unity forums when the idea of MH3DS came, or my thread of MH on the 3DS, people hated the idea. And then 3G came and all the hypocrites said "Oh great, the best movement Capcom evr made!"

And yeah, Angry Jho... yeah... Brace Yourselves, Noob carting is coming.

Lalo wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

We were talking about tri.

we wont be able to kill jho offline
If 3U in the 3DS is the same as TriG then we will have all content avaivable in it, that means, Jho and Angry Jho Offline... Unless Capcom brain doesn't work well and they limit the 3DS content to an online mode
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: How MHU Changes things....   How MHU Changes things.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 pm

If anything I think they will add additional online content not take away content from the 3DS.

And yea, I saw all the complaints about MH on the 3DS... I remember all the "We'll never see another MH in the West" comments on the forum not too long ago.

But that's fairly understandable.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How MHU Changes things....   How MHU Changes things.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How MHU Changes things....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2