Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 4 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 4 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSB WiiU/3DS update

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 4 Empty
PostSSB WiiU/3DS update

Well.. the new Super Smash Brothers game.. they decided to remove story mode and cutscenes from the game.

What had happened was someone stole/acquiered copies of early video of several of the games cutscenes and uploaded them to youtube and other internet sites.

The games creator, Masahiro Sakurai, said this in response “Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet. You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cut scenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I’ve decided against having them.”

it seems they decided to remove the mode more because they wanted it to be a reward and felt "the reward" they were giving to people was taken away from them after working so hard on it..

It seems .. odd however and may not be what it appears as I find it difficult to believe that something that has been such a big [art of the series would just be removed.

On the same note however it would allow the series and games to focus more strictly on the fighting elements and become more of a straight fighting game then it has been in previous incarnation.....

What do you all think? would they really remove story mode and cutscenes and if they do would you rather see SSB as a full blown hard core fighting series?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

SSB WiiU/3DS update :: Comments

Otoshimo
Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update
Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:19 pm by Otoshimo
Oni Zelkami wrote:
Such as? I'm not saying this is 100% legit or credible, but I haven't heard of anything that would dispel any of this either.

The Neogaf falls within the 50/50 margins. there are somethings in it that have been floating around or discovered with some digging that are not official, but hold up strong support to being plausible. but then there's a few things that just don't synch up very well.

well GHJ said the obvious one about third parties, for starters. Snake has been thrown around since early on with sonic, but there hasn't ever been a valid mentioning of Pac-Man before this post came out. there's a small problem with the roster size in conjunction with sakurai stating on the matter. Toad was almost indefinetly never going to be considered playable as is. As much as all of us SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 4 Metroi10fans would love to see it, there's a serious disbelief about reprising Ridley with the size consistency issue yet again. K. Rools power is still up on debate, but many of the community don't believe that any new character would be the super-heavyweight of the game and have even more damage output/knockback than even Ike (somehow I can see that tho. but again that's still up on debate). I picked at this the most, but i find it incredibly hard to believe about a coding change for WFT based entirely on a csotume.
Otoshimo
Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:49 pm by Otoshimo
What we do know, however, that have some validity to this are as such:

-Palutena is in the game. still up on debate for a playable or an assist. but from what's been gathered since wednesdays "leak" it's like a 60/40 she will be a playable. either way, however, we do know this changes Pit's final smash.

-Waluigi was considered at a point to transition to playable. but that's the only news discovered in terms of that progress.

- there has been talk of a new Zelda series character making way. Most sources do say it's ghira, but there has even been mentioning that vaati might fill the spot.

-Mewtwo, Magnus, LM, and a new DK character revealed with the release of Tropical Freeze have been brought up in several occasion. But as far as something we would stake as feasible, there isn't anything we could backtrack and go "ok, this has some credibility to it other than fanboys getting hyped" Mewtwo's been the most mentioned (mainly because every SSBM try-hard uproaring about bringing him back) but there was a lone leak discovered in early december that had mentioned Mewtwo's role being revised in SSB4. Said post describing that MT would have a Final Smash transformation to MT-Y that function in the same aspect WarioMan does, but with the obvious buffs and several moves altered entirely. .... I would like to say that's could be very well true, it could certainly be a thing, a believable thing in concept, but just solely due to to nothing else to fall back on it, I can't say anything on it really.
Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:30 pm by Oni Zelkami
Where did you find that information? And you're correct. If I remember correctly, Ridely was supposed to be a stage hazard in the Other M stage. That right there might disprove the entire neogaf thing.

Also, I just have to say this, why would anyone even consider adding Magnus as a playable character? He was in Uprising for maybe 5 minutes, and did next to nothing that couldn't have been written around.
Otoshimo
Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:39 pm by Otoshimo
our same group that were doing dem der Perk'manz leaks I was posting. And magnus... well he's kinda got a fan base. cause he's some tough guy. and people like the tough gai... and beards.. and his long sword.... i don't know. people like him for whatever reason enough to want him in smash. but i've seen alot other stupider choices for characters that people want (... boo and candy kong!?!?! *I quit*) i guess he's just a fanbase guy and all. I hope he's not a playable tho, SSB doesn't need anymore characters with swords.
GobulHunterJames
Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:49 am by GobulHunterJames
Oni Zelkami wrote:
Also, I just have to say this, why would anyone even consider adding Magnus as a playable character? He was in Uprising for maybe 5 minutes, and did next to nothing that couldn't have been written around.
Actually he did have a pretty big part in one chapter, not only does he help you in chapter 2, he becomes playable in a later chapter and appears again as a boss.

Otoshimo wrote:
I hope he's not a playable tho, SSB doesn't need anymore characters with swords.
Although it does look like a sword it's more in the maul/club class.
Otoshimo
Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:01 pm by Otoshimo
GobulHunterJames wrote:
Oni Zelkami wrote:
Actually he did have a pretty big part in one chapter, not only does he help you in chapter 2, he becomes playable in a later chapter and appears again as a boss.

Otoshimo wrote:
I hope he's not a playable tho, SSB doesn't need anymore characters with swords.
Although it does look like a sword it's more in the maul/club class.

Yea he's playable in Chapter 18 and a boss. but then again, so is Pitoo, and Pitoo's actually relevant to the storyline & given depth as a character. Magnus is just kinda there because he could be, they even poke fun at in chapter 24 during his boss fight.

And yea, Magnus's weapon is classified as a club under the weapons system. But his actual character description classifies it as a sword. So it's technically both, just comes down to whatever you prefer calling it.
Chipou
Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:51 pm by Chipou
Otoshimo wrote:
As much as all of us SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 4 Metroi10fans would love to see it, there's a serious disbelief about reprising Ridley with the size consistency issue yet again.
Which means what exactly? They resize characters all the time. Olimar is...idk, 600 times bigger than he is in his games,Jigglypuff is 2 feet larger than s/he should be, assuming mewtwo is still meeting the 6ft mark. Bowser is...actually his size changes all the time so who gives a shit. My only objection to ridley getting in is if they used his other m design. In which case fuck them.

Otoshimo wrote:
Yea he's playable in Chapter 18 and a boss. but then again, so is Pitoo, and Pitoo's actually relevant to the storyline & given depth as a character. Magnus is just kinda there because he could be, they even poke fun at in chapter 24 during his boss fight.
If dark pit is getting in then I for one welcome the dark hunter as metroid's second rep.
Otoshimo
Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:25 pm by Otoshimo
Chipou wrote:
Otoshimo wrote:
As much as all of us SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 4 Metroi10fans would love to see it, there's a serious disbelief about reprising Ridley with the size consistency issue yet again.
Which means what exactly? They resize characters all the time. Olimar is...idk, 600 times bigger than he is in his games,Jigglypuff is 2 feet larger than s/he should be, assuming mewtwo is still meeting the 6ft mark. Bowser is...actually his size changes all the time so who gives a shit. My only objection to ridley getting in is if they used his other m design. In which case fuck them.

yea and that's something entirely different, kid. purrin has been a staple due to it's easy clone copy relatability to kirby, in which case the roster slot was easy to fill by using jigglypuff as it closely resembles kirby in appearance. Providing an much more efficient roster slot than generating an entirely new character and use a character from 1 popular franchise and ride off, if you will, its similarity to another franchises main protagonist. kirb's entire character was used as a starting basis and edited as seen fit to make purrin as much its own character in SSB1. Being a true veteran smasher, she remains in the series (hopefully  in this next gen smash buffed, as well) with these aspects in mind.

Ridley not only has a more vast size difference from many smashers within the entire series, but Sakurai has already stated the issues of making him playable. That they could do it if they ultimately pulled together and pitched their best effort, but that he would be very much too big/too slow for brawl, with the same viewpoint on the subject asked again for SSB4 before the new official Smash Bros sites launch. Drawbacks that easily suggest that a person as detail-oriented and outspoken on creating "game balance in the new smash bros. games" as sakurai would hold back unless they pulled it off beautifully. and as stated by Oni, it has also been mentioned that Ridley may reprise his role in the Geothermal stage in similar aspect to as he does in DoAD.  So again,
As much as all of us SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 4 Metroi10fans would love to see it, there's a serious disbelief about reprising Ridley
Chipou
Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:22 pm by Chipou
Otoshimo wrote:
yea and that's something entirely different, kid. purrin has been a staple due to it's easy clone copy relatability to kirby, in which case the roster slot was easy to fill by using jigglypuff as it closely resembles kirby in appearance. Providing an much more efficient roster slot than generating an entirely new character and use a character from 1 popular franchise and ride off, if you will, its similarity to another franchises main protagonist. kirb's entire character was used as a starting basis and edited as seen fit to make purrin as much its own character in SSB1. Being a true veteran smasher, she remains in the series (hopefully  in this next gen smash buffed, as well) with these aspects in mind.
I don't recall bringing jigglypuff's legitimacy as a character into question but alright.

Otoshimo wrote:
Ridley not only has a more vast size difference from many smashers within the entire series, but Sakurai has already stated the issues of making him playable. That they could do it if they ultimately pulled together and pitched their best effort, but that he would be very much too big/too slow for brawl, with the same viewpoint on the subject asked again for SSB4 before the new official Smash Bros sites launch. Drawbacks that easily suggest that a person as detail-oriented and outspoken on creating "game balance in the new smash bros. games" as sakurai would hold back unless they pulled it off beautifully. and as stated by Oni, it has also been mentioned that Ridley may reprise his role in the Geothermal stage in similar aspect to as he does in DoAD.  So again,
As much as all of us SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 4 Metroi10fans would love to see it, there's a serious disbelief about reprising Ridley

So it ultimately boils down to lack of creativity and laziness. As for the geothermal stage, with the new reveal of toon link shenanigans, what does it matter? He could be replaced with phantoon or nightmare as a stage hazard should someone play as him on the level(actually, having the stage hazard's mechanics change if ridley is playing sounds cool).
Oni Zelkami
Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:04 pm by Oni Zelkami
Chipou wrote:

So it ultimately boils down to lack of creativity and laziness.

Laziness? Do you know how hard the Smash Bros team works? Sakurai in particular. It's pretty much non-stop work from 10AM to around 10PM with food breaks in between. Also, one does not simply add a character to Smash, even if Nintendo owns them. Even before actually designing the character model and programming them, even conceptualizing them can be tough.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/4438642/super-smash-bros-director-masahiro-sakurai-character-selection
Chipou
Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:56 pm by Chipou
Oni Zelkami wrote:
Even before actually designing the character model and programming them, even conceptualizing them can be tough.

So they're trying harder this time? They do work hard. But you can't deny that they take the easy/lazy way out sometimes.
Oni Zelkami
Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:35 pm by Oni Zelkami
I don't see how those images support your claim.
MetaMarx
Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:51 am by MetaMarx
I thinks he's saying that making Wolf a sort-of clone is lazy
Otoshimo
Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:25 pm by Otoshimo
Chipou wrote:

I don't recall bringing jigglypuff's legitimacy as a character into question but alright.

Let me help you with your pitifully fast & selective short-term memory loss

Chipou wrote:
Jigglypuff is 2 feet larger than s/he should be, assuming mewtwo is still meeting the 6ft mark.

Chipou wrote:

So it ultimately boils down to lack of creativity and laziness. As for the geothermal stage, with the new reveal of toon link shenanigans, what does it matter? He could be replaced with phantoon or nightmare as a stage hazard should someone play as him on the level(actually, having the stage hazard's mechanics change if ridley is playing sounds cool).

1) oh yes, my boy. damn this bastard of tomfoolery for not including one sole character that would have serious design flaws as he instead diverts his every iota towards clockwork attentiveness and work for a product that the fanbase and every-day-gamer could enjoy, meticulously slaving away with his team to leave no stone un-turned throughout the grueling task of animation, concept, and programming. Sakuria, you damn dirty, lazy, unimaginative, vile monster, you...

2) I'm assuming you've actually played Other M before. in which case how the heck does it make any logic to have Nightmare or Phantoon ( whom is bigger than the Geothermal Powerplants ) appear in a Ridley boss-fight stage? That's like putting Petey Piranha inside the Bowser Suit of a new Luigi's Mansion Stage. I would rather see a stage based off a game accurately and just not have ridley as the hazard (ammusing your humor  and going with Ridley a new smasher) than a mix-mash of elements thrown in because they can.

Oni Zelkami wrote:

It really doesn't. It shows that Chip pretty much posting rebuttal for argument sake (and apparently likes making titled links). like seriously, if you wanted to make a point of lazyness he could have easily just brought up real clones in the game: C.Falcon/Ganon, Toon Link/Link, Mario/Luigi Kirby/Purrin semi-clones. but instead he chose the 1 sole shared aspect of the starfox characters final smash, of which are a pretty relevant aspect within the series it comes upon.  

well at least we learned he's committed to Fanpop (..eww)
Chipou
Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:29 pm by Chipou
Oni Zelkami wrote:
See below
MetaMarx wrote:
I thinks he's saying that making Wolf a sort-of clone is lazy
My original post was about final smashes, but that's a thing too. It's just ridiculous when you look at how uninspired and unoriginal some of the final smashes are. toon link and link, ness and lucas, all three star characters, ALL THE SAME. I'm still trying to figure out why luigi and mario have completely random final smashes when they both have a multitude of options for them from their multitude of games spanning across any genre you can think of.

Oni Zelkami wrote:

Let me help you with your pitifully fast & selective short-term memory loss

Chipou wrote:
Jigglypuff is 2 feet larger than s/he should be, assuming mewtwo is still meeting the 6ft mark.
Once again, when did I call her legitimacy into question? Not that your history lesson wasn't interesting, it's just I don't ever recall making the argument that certain characters wouldnt work because of their size. Rather, I was making the opposite argument, in which case her size has nothing to do with her legitimacy. I still don't understand where the hell your post about her being a clone of kirby came from, was it my "shes taller than she should be" statement?

Oni Zelkami wrote:
1) oh yes, my boy. damn this bastard of tomfoolery for not including one sole character that would have serious design flaws as he instead diverts his every iota towards clockwork attentiveness and work for a product that the fanbase and every-day-gamer could enjoy, meticulously slaving away with his team to leave no stone un-turned throughout the grueling task of animation, concept, and programming. Sakuria, you damn dirty, lazy, unimaginative, vile monster, you...
They've managed to turn characters with literally nothing for them into unique and interesting fighting characters(Fox, captain falcon, ROB). They've managed to make concepts I wouldnt even have imagined for some people to make them viable and interesting(ice climbers, olimar, pokemon trainer). So yeah, I believe it's the unwillingness to try holding Ridley back.

Oni Zelkami wrote:
2) I'm assuming you've actually played Other M before. in which case how the heck does it make any logic to have Nightmare or Phantoon ( whom is bigger than the Geothermal Powerplants ) appear in a Ridley boss-fight stage? That's like putting Petey Piranha inside the Bowser Suit of a new Luigi's Mansion Stage. I would rather see a stage based off a game accurately and just not have ridley as the hazard (ammusing your humor  and going with Ridley a new smasher) than a mix-mash of elements thrown in because they can.
Stage hazards don't always have to make sense, Mushroom kingdom(64), Peach's castle(melee) and frigate orpheon are a good example from all three games.

Oni Zelkami wrote:
like seriously, if you wanted to make a point of lazyness he could have easily just brought up real clones in the game: C.Falcon/Ganon, Toon Link/Link, Mario/Luigi Kirby/Purrin semi-clones.
Just because I didnt mention that, it doesnt make it any less stupid.

Oni Zelkami wrote:
but instead he chose the 1 sole shared aspect of the starfox characters final smash, of which are a pretty relevant aspect within the series it comes upon.   
I haven't played Assault, so feel free to point it out that its all based on that game if it is. But Landmasters were only piloted by Fox in 64, and even then, why does that excuse all three characters having it? Thats like saying its ok to give mario, luigi, bowser and peach the same final smash where they eat a mushroom and grow huge because mushrooms are a staple in the series.

Oni Zelkami wrote:
well at least we learned he's committed to Fanpop (..eww)

What?...
Otoshimo
Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:52 pm by Otoshimo
...heheheheh, oh jesus. XD

Remember that thing about your very fast, selective memory?:

I think i'll pass the baton on that one where the credit is due.
Spoiler:
Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:47 pm by Guest
Oni Zelkami wrote:
Chipou wrote:

So it ultimately boils down to lack of creativity and laziness.
It's pretty much non-stop work from 10AM to around 10PM with food breaks in between. n

so normal japanese work days then
Chipou
Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:35 pm by Chipou
Otoshimo wrote:
I think i'll pass the baton on that one where the credit is due.
Spoiler:

Wait what? *looks at my post* ahaha oh god. Yeah I had to retype that like 3 times due to copy paste/back page shenanigans and such losing my text, guess I fucked up majorly on that last one pasting the [quote].
Otoshimo
Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:32 am by Otoshimo
^ that was actually real funny to read midway thru a boring-ass class. So thanks for the the chuckle
MetaMarx
Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:34 pm by MetaMarx
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 4 Main

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/lucario.html
Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:42 pm by Oni Zelkami
Fun. Lucario was always one of my mains. Not sure if this disproves the leak I posted or not.

Also, I'd like to thank Oto for incorporating me into my favorite meme.
Otoshimo
Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:04 pm by Otoshimo
Oni Zelkami wrote:

Also, I'd like to thank Oto for incorporating me into my favorite meme.

at the risk of turning yet another page into a spiderman thread, you're very welcome my friend.
MetaMarx
Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:14 pm by MetaMarx
Spoiler:

Palkia is now in a pokeball
Raptor98
Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:45 pm by Raptor98
And it uses Spacial Rend :D
MetaMarx
Post Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:35 pm by MetaMarx