Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 21 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 21 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+47
Phazon Xenomorph
Quentin
BoredForLife
Anonymin
Firpi
Raptor98
Kaze250
Will
Tomderdepp
Andy124
MHWF
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Guild Adventure
ViralN9
A Drunk Ninja
Sephastus
Myra the Sark
seaturtle400
parasky
Lucas
Secun
Amaku
Cambell
Velox
Shinato89
Ken Kurobasa
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Tarath
TKMT
Ataraxia
dcj91x
Randomhunter
laoshanicrus
Lalo
GobulHunterJames
Enkidu
Verity19
Akai the White Lightning
Vivi
Aliceburn
Sai_
Jake Johnson
E&Troy
TheLaw
PAiN---
Antari18
MetaMarx
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Hunting Journal - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

I really want to hunt again but I feel obligated to beat these other games hngggg
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Myra the Sark
Felyne
Myra the Sark

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:59 pm

Managed to get the Mercury Edges after three Ceadeus battles...
I start in the secret area so often on my Dual Blades file that it's not even funny. O_O;
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 8:08 am

Enkidu wrote:
Since I got my last award months ago I thought I may have not played as much, but have still somehow got to HR 500 +

Last night was the first time I've done H Jhen with a team of gunners, we did too well.  Entered the final show down then killed it before it got onto the field so we couldn't carve  /trl/ 

That is awesome. That happened to me and a group back in tri. We were using swords though. You would think that wouldn't be a thing that could happen because Jhen is so big.

I have been trying to get the Artian X armor. I had one long fragment from sending out my ships during the village stuff. And after reading some things on how to get them I settled in for a long bit of farming and kelbi horn quest spamming. However after only four trips to the pirates tomb I had two more fragments. Yes by vort Now I need the ancient shard LBG. Which is proving to be more difficult to obtain.
WHY IS THERE AN INVENTORY CAP ON ANCIENT SHARDS!?!
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 12:16 pm

28 May 2014

10:12 AM

A few minutes ago, Ceadeus was seen running away from the Ruins; he was fleeing a lone hunter who had managed to:

Shave his beard
Break off his horn
Do a whole ton of damage to him.

The hunter (me) was using the Brother Flames (the highest damage DS I had.)

The hunter said something to the Guild's Moga Village representative about how "this would not progress into a third round - Ceadeus ran away today. The next time, he will not be so lucky."
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 3:39 pm

A Drunk Ninja wrote:
I have been trying to get the Artian X armor. I had one long fragment from sending out my ships during the village stuff. And after reading some things on how to get them I settled in for a long bit of farming and kelbi horn quest spamming. However after only four trips to the pirates tomb I had two more fragments. :)Now I need the ancient shard LBG. Which is proving to be more difficult to obtain.
WHY IS THERE AN INVENTORY CAP ON ANCIENT SHARDS!?!

That LBG... I wanted it so bad. I never got it even after HR 200. I know some people who were over HR 500 and still hadn't gotten it. And I also know some people (My brother included) who got it well before HR 100... That LBG hates me so much. I managed to get about 10 of the Rustshard LBGs, but no ancient shard ones.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:40 pm

That gives me so much hope. /no/
Well I plan to dedicate a fair amount of time to getting it. Any idea on the chance of the shards turning into worn weapons? I know not all the weapons are available, but that only helps my chances.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 7:35 am

Decided to finally try to make a Dragon Bow. Going for the Zinogre one because then I can at least fully upgrade it unlike the Alatreon and Jhen ones. (Still need to unlock Hallowed, my brother's borrowing my Wii U version so I'm stuck with soloing Alatreons at the moment, no chance for me right now at G.)
And just my luck, I fight a SZin solo, it drops a shiny and I get lrg wyvern tear. After fighting it some more it drops another shiny. S.Zin Skymerald. Man I am really lucky with Zinogre fights. Wish I could kill them a bit faster though, 25 minutes with my Arko Tri (Y) is kind of annoying. Although I do rarely need to heal that way.

Edit: Oh man, the Internet decided to break just as I clicked post, when I clicked back my text was still in this box. Frustration averted. xD
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 2:57 pm

GobulHunterJames wrote:
Decided to finally try to make a Dragon Bow. Going for the Zinogre one because then I can at least fully upgrade it unlike the Alatreon and Jhen ones. (Still need to unlock Hallowed, my brother's borrowing my Wii U version so I'm stuck with soloing Alatreons at the moment, no chance for me right now at G.)
And just my luck, I fight a SZin solo, it drops a shiny and I get lrg wyvern tear. After fighting it some more it drops another shiny. S.Zin Skymerald. Man I am really lucky with Zinogre fights. Wish I could kill them a bit faster though, 25 minutes with my Arko Tri (Y) is kind of annoying. Although I do rarely need to heal that way.

Edit: Oh man, the Internet decided to break just as I clicked post, when I clicked back my text was still in this box. Frustration averted. xD

That sounds like it was very close to being very frustrating.

Unless you don't know how to use HBGs and don't want to learn, you could always make a pellet set and pellet it to death. That can kill it quite quick and you don't have to aim very well either, making it rather easy.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:17 pm

Visited the village woods yesterday in the attempt to get the rare commodity from the daytime Rathalos, which didn't happen. I also encountered Qurupeco along with him, at least three Great Jaggi, and Rathian, which she went down surprisingly fast, which I found to be amusing at the time cat
I also faced the village Alatreon, which went well, with me carting only once. I'm hoping to convince my younger brother with the rank 75 character to team up with me against Ala... We were about to this morning, but that got interrupted >.>
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 6:57 pm

GobulHunterJames wrote:

Bug bows suck and zinogre are both hardly weak to element, if you wanna speed up your times use either the brachy bow (which is nice since slime can flinch them out of rage a lot) or a raw bow.
Back to top Go down
Myra the Sark
Felyne
Myra the Sark

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 9:01 pm

So the last level-6 mission I have to do in the village is "Bye-Bye Bloom".
My sister once had Peco call the Duramboros instead, so I'll just be restarting the mission until he does as such for me.
Although it is bound to get frustrating after a while...
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 5:18 am

Yeah, I use Heavy Bow Guns now, only have the Eclipse Gambit at the moment but I'm near maxing the Peco gun.
I like to use my best elemental bow when first fighting something new solo, get a feel for its attacks from far away then when I understand them I feel more comfortable using Blademaster weapons.
On a side note, I can kill Lucent Nargas solo in about 20 minutes with my Gran Bhavani. (Ice SnS)

Also, I am really annoyed with myself... for not using Switch Axes earlier.
I kill Rathalos so easily and can easily cut their tail off. Qurupecos no longer annoy me as I can consistently hit their beak and chest and flinch them a lot.
And to think my Lucent Narga SA isn't even fully upgraded yet and I don't have an armour set with CE+3 & AuL yet.

Made that Bamboo Kaguya set mentioned a few pages back, the one with Awaken, Evasion and Water Atk +2. Nice how if you get Felyne Firestarter you have no Elemental weaknesses.

I also FINALLY got a Rathalos Mantle. After hunting so many Rathalos. Although I'm glad I got it this late because I no longer want to use it for what I had in mind earlier. Was gonna use one for upgrading Corona but now using Mantles to make Rath Soul Z.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 11:06 am

^ I think I'm going to make the pecco HBG soon and see what pellet gunning is all about. I have so many things I'm working on though...
I didn't like the switch axe when I played tri but I gave it a chance in 3U and it's my favorite blade weapon now. I got the miralis armor to go with my narga swax and with a good expert tali it works great.
That bamboo set is my favorite bow armor, props to Antari for the inspiration!

My current hunting plan is getting an uragaan pallium to get the grongigas hammer, use the hammer to break alatrons face, use ala's parts for the bow and gems to finish my willuminator set, then use dragon shots to break A. Lagi's face. Then in there somewhere finishing my GS set and finding a better handicraft talisman. So much to do and so few armor set registration slots...
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 5:12 am

Well, now I have to grind Rathalos' until I get a second Mantle.
Made 4/5 pieces of Rath Soul, using Chakra Earring in place of helm until I get it. (Too bad I really like the helmetless look, wish you could hide headgear while still getting its effects.)

Gotten 5 rubies, but no mantle...
I also turned off the BGM, it's pretty nice hearing all these sounds that were overpowered by the music. When you capture a monster all you hear is it breathing.
Back to top Go down
Myra the Sark
Felyne
Myra the Sark

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 3:30 pm

GobulHunterJames wrote:
Well, now I have to grind Rathalos' until I get a second Mantle.
Made 4/5 pieces of Rath Soul, using Chakra Earring in place of helm until I get it. (Too bad I really like the helmetless look, wish you could hide headgear while still getting its effects.)

Gotten 5 rubies, but no mantle...
I also turned off the BGM, it's pretty nice hearing all these sounds that were overpowered by the music. When you capture a monster all you hear is it breathing.
I play without the BGM all the time. Very interesting to do.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 6:28 pm

Hmmm. Playing without music sounds like an cool idea. I'm going to try it. Deviljho's music always sets me on edge and agitates me over the fight. Not that I'm overly nervous about fighting it, music just affects your mood.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 6:58 pm

I hunt with a really chilled out jazz/house playlist; you wouldn't have thought it'd be very effective.

But it do.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Got to hunt with Nova, Pain, and E&Troy. It was a blast. We messed around in 4pt and failed at super monsters. Nova also taught me to always bring a condom to a super brachy fight. We were not prepared.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 5:18 am

Finally got my Rathalos Mantle, I now have 55 Rathalos, 14 Azure Rathalos and 3 Silver Rathalos killed in total.
Deviljho appeared in my Moga Woods, I saved before fighting it so in case I didn't get the item from it I could reload... I caught it and it gave me 2 Worldeater Bellies in 1 slot. Idol mask and Prized Gold Sword is mine! :D

I helped my Cousin with the Stygian Zinogre, I used my Arko Tri (Y) of course. I ended the battle only getting hit once.

Will wrote:
Bug bows suck and zinogre are both hardly weak to element, if you wanna speed up your times use either the brachy bow (which is nice since slime can flinch them out of rage a lot) or a raw bow.
Don't see why it's said to be bad on Stynogre, it's thunder weakness is higher than Deviljho's. When it's empowered it's thunder weakness is on par with Plesioth.
The SZ's thunder weakness is; Head - 20/30, Body - 15, Back - 20/0, Front Legs - 20/30, Back Legs - 20/25, Shoulder/Thigh - 25, Tail - 20, Tail Tip - 25.
How is this "Hardly weak to element"?
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 6:59 am

Slowly getting back into hunting, been away playing Twilight Princess, Hunted with PAiN and Nova today, did a quick Savage Jho, started the day at HR 910, now HR 913, before I decided to throw in the towel and take a nap since I wasn't feeling well...

Might drag out to 915 later tonight with my brother, hoping to reach 925 tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:47 pm

GobulHunterJames wrote:
Finally got my Rathalos Mantle, I now have 55 Rathalos, 14 Azure Rathalos and 3 Silver Rathalos killed in total.
Deviljho appeared in my Moga Woods, I saved before fighting it so in case I didn't get the item from it I could reload... I caught it and it gave me 2 Worldeater Bellies in 1 slot. Idol mask and Prized Gold Sword is mine! :D

That same sort of thing happened to me too. An Ivory Lagiacrus appeared in my woods, so I went out to fight it and got 3 Alabaster scales first try! So I immediately got the Idol mask and one of those blue guild girl thingys. I have one left for that gold sword.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 6:40 pm

GobulHunterJames wrote:

Will wrote:
Don't see why it's said to be bad on Stynogre, it's thunder weakness is higher than Deviljho's. When it's empowered it's thunder weakness is on par with Plesioth.
The SZ's thunder weakness is; Head - 20/30, Body - 15, Back - 20/0, Front Legs - 20/30, Back Legs - 20/25, Shoulder/Thigh - 25, Tail - 20, Tail Tip - 25.

Because 30 is barely a weak hitzone for SZ. The same reason why using Slime on Lucent is far more efficient than using ice. If you're fighting a large monster that doesn't atleast have a 45 hitzone, you're better off using Slime or a high Raw weapon.

Last edited by PAiN--- on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 6:56 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
GobulHunterJames wrote:

Will wrote:

Because 30 is barely a weak hitzone. The same reason why using Slime on Lucent is far more efficient than using ice. If you're fighting a large monster that doesn't atleast have a 45 hitzone, you're better off using Slime or a high Raw weapon.

Isn't 30 a pretty weak hitzone for elements? Or is the A. Lagiacrus' 35 weakness to dragon not actually that good, and it actually doesn't work to use dragon on it's head?

Maybe you're thinking that 30 isn't very good for impact/cutting/shot damage?
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:00 am

PAiN--- wrote:
Because 30 is barely a weak hitzone for SZ. The same reason why using Slime on Lucent is far more efficient than using ice. If you're fighting a large monster that doesn't atleast have a 45 hitzone, you're better off using Slime or a high Raw weapon.
If 30 is a bad hitzone for element then element weapons are useless on all enemies, after all the Great Jaggi has a 30 Fire weakness to its head.

Anyways I finally killed the Village Alatreon! :DI beat it with my Rath Soul Z and Eclipse Axe. ^^
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 7:22 am

According to a hitzones chart I found, 40 is the highest elemental weakness that is available, and that is for one hitzone on only four different monsters. 30 is pretty good and even 25 is decent. If that is the raw shot weakness then it would be a poor place to attack. No one could honestly say that element is useless but when you use a bow for raw or element damage the skills and strategies change.

In other news I am now the proud owner of the Grongigas hammer! If I could find at least a +4 handicraft talisman I could finish my hammer set the way I want.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:46 pm

GobulHunterJames wrote:
PAiN--- wrote:
If 30 is a bad hitzone for element then element weapons are useless on all enemies, after all the Great Jaggi has a 30 Fire weakness to its head.

Anyways I finally killed the Village Alatreon! :DI beat it with my Rath Soul Z and Eclipse Axe. ^^

I think we both just misunderstood PAiN. He was saying that the head being weak to thunder is weak, but hitting it with the thunder element with a bow isn't going to be effective. Reason being, the only way to get the thunder element to hit it with all of the shots of a bow is to use one with rapid, and all of those bows are junk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 21 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next