Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 12 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 12 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+47
Phazon Xenomorph
Quentin
BoredForLife
Anonymin
Firpi
Raptor98
Kaze250
Will
Tomderdepp
Andy124
MHWF
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Guild Adventure
ViralN9
A Drunk Ninja
Sephastus
Myra the Sark
seaturtle400
parasky
Lucas
Secun
Amaku
Cambell
Velox
Shinato89
Ken Kurobasa
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Tarath
TKMT
Ataraxia
dcj91x
Randomhunter
laoshanicrus
Lalo
GobulHunterJames
Enkidu
Verity19
Akai the White Lightning
Vivi
Aliceburn
Sai_
Jake Johnson
E&Troy
TheLaw
PAiN---
Antari18
MetaMarx
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Hunting Journal - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

I really want to hunt again but I feel obligated to beat these other games hngggg
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:22 pm

Took part in the Hunt weekend, didn't play with as much people as I thought I would. I did play with pumpkinslayer and Vivi for the first time though Yes by vort I recorded a few hunts of Antari, MetaMarx and I.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:18 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
Took part in the Hunt weekend, didn't play with as much people as I thought I would. I did play with pumpkinslayer and Vivi for the first time though :)I recorded a few hunts of Antari, MetaMarx and I.

Looking forward seeing them. Are you gonna upload it on your youtube acc?
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:30 pm

I posted one of them in my MH3U video thread bud, and my Youtube account Yes by vort

https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t10100p15-pain-s-mh3u-vids

https://www.youtube.com/757PAiN
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:51 pm

You don't voice chat with the people you play with? :o
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:55 pm

Not really, unless everyone wants to voice chat. It's kinda annoying to hear people sound like their so far away from their gamepad, so when I chat I plug my gaming headset into the gamepad to hear and talk more clear.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:49 am

I did a lot of local play. And I am the same as Pain. I like the gampad chat but you really have to make sure everyone turns off all other music/sound in my opinion if you are wanting to "talk" and yeah just as with anything a headset helps improve it as the Nintendo mics are actually quite powerful and pick up.. well everything.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:01 pm

First time hunting in a while, and it was, lucky me, with my younger brother. At first, it was going to be me and my youngest brother while he was using the older one's game, but we were able to convince him to play his game and assist me when he realized just how bad of an idea this all was for his character.
Tried and failed a few missions, what with him being so rusty and me having a bit to work off, too, though not as bad, but we did get the large gold crown for Gold Ian after a successful round of "Moonlit Tryst," which got me the award for having all the silver large crowns, so that was pleasing. He used his Kelbi Deershot and we took out the Silver Los in less than five minutes, without the Gold Ian even noticing... She roared two or three times while we were fighting Los, but we discovered those roars meant nothing to us; her icon didn't show on the bottom screen.
She was easy to defeat, too, and I ranked up to 171... If only he hadn't decided to stop there :/
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 10:25 pm

So I've completed all Village Quests and moved on to the Mark of The Hero. That was hard. Decided that I needed G rank armor, considering they ARE G Rank. So I go to the Tavern and do a couple quests, still HR 4.. But I am interested in watching Zinogre and Arzuros fight. :o
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 11:26 pm

Monsters in Mark of a Hero are not G Rank. However, their health and power are comparable to G Rank.
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 12:24 am

That's what I meant. :p
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:02 am

Did some generic hunting today, tweaking my nether/narga bow set until I get my Steadyhand+3 talisman, jumped on my female character and worked on getting her Selene Z/X combo for early G Rank, until I can farm Stygian, Glacial Agnak etc for their armours

Finished on Ike (main character) at HR 677 today
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Amaku wrote:
So I've completed all Village Quests and moved on to the Mark of The Hero. That was hard. Decided that I needed G rank armor

Very good idea. Even in G rank armor, I had a struggle against them, but it's definitely a very good idea for that mission... No one would blame you at all if you never do it again after completing it; I know I haven't, but, then again, awards ">.>

Did Rage Match a good number of times yesterday, solo, including the round of it I accidentally left my 3DS at last night and am finishing up now (paused at the moment). Most likely this will be what I'll be doing on my MH3U game today.
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:04 pm

Today I was mostly playing Xbox PS3 w/ my little brother, so I didn't get much done. I ranked up to HR 5 though. :D Also watched a video of octaneblue fighting Miraliis.. Not looking forward to it. Also upgraded a few of myweaps. Should I go with Green Plesioth Blades or Regular? I also finally gathered my patience w/ upgrading the Barbarian Blade. Man.. Those Sharq's were stingy. Tried to make a Gunner Profile, but it doesn't really work out for me.. But I got the Demo for the Wii U today. I'm pretty good with a Bow, may as well try that.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:28 am

Got my Majestic Scepter with Law yesterday ^.^
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Amaku wrote:
I ranked up to HR 5 though. :D Also watched a video of octaneblue fighting Miraliis.. Not looking forward to it.

Two more ranks until Miralis, if I'm remembering this right? Then you get to do the big rank jump after you defeat it... I'm eager to hear how big of a jump it ends up being ^-^
Yeah, first round facing Miralis, just like most, if not all other large monsters, is definitely the hardest round. Once you learn to read its movements to predict its next action, however, the surviving part of things eases up some. Make sure to take advantage of the fact that you're allowed to use two different dragonators there once you're able to fight it... Oh, and farcasters can help, too, so bomb casings and exciteshrooms... A bit early to be telling you this, though, huh ^^"

Did some quests yesterday for weapon upgrading to take a small break from Rage Match before returning to it. It's somehow amusing that a good number of my weapons require me to get more materials from quests below G rank...
Might aim for more weapon material hunting, then more Rage Match today.
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:10 pm

Thanks for the tips ;o

Although I do not think I'll be able to use the Dragonator to hit him. Cause he's fast. Any tips for avoiding a Nuke btw? o-o
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:28 pm

Yeah, Miralis is pretty fast, but if it'll stay in range of the land dragonator long enough, it can be hit. From personal experience, it can be accomplished, with some difficulty, solo. The underwater one's easier to hit it with, however; position yourself over the button's area and lure it in, though you do have to, of course, be careful of Miralis attacking you while attempting this.
For the nuke, one of the best things to do is to watch the Miralis and learn the warning signs of its attacks. Its head is possibly the most important part to watch, what with all the fireballs it enjoys to shoot at hunters. If I'm recalling correctly, I believe the nuke causes it to do the same action as the fireballs, except it might take longer to ready it? Been a while since my last Miralis fight ^^"
When the battle's in the water, try to keep yourself swimming around the center of the water, between the surface and floor, around the Miralis's chest area. I believe its nukes while in the water are aimed at the floor of the water and then expand outward?, so swimming near the bottom's risky. Of course, swimming at the surface then means putting up with that weird screen that happens when you do that.
Spoiler:

If I got anything confused or missed anything, I'm sure someone will mention it... I can be so forgetful at times ^^"
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Alright, cool. Thanks :D
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 1:19 am

Killed my first Alatreon.
He got fixed too good :P
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:25 am

Amaku wrote:
Alright, cool. Thanks :D

You're welcome, and when the time comes, I'll be rooting for you cat

After a few rounds of material hunting, I decided to try the canteen Jhen (it's high rank at the tavern, I believe?) using the Deershot, which went well, though I only repelled it. I actually did pretty well with the ship, so I returned to the village and did that Jhen quest with my Miralis set and my Yi Duan and defeated it twice without any issues. Seems I'm actually good with timing for someone who kept pressing the responsibility onto her brother...
I'll be working towards hitting twenty quests there. Looking at how many Hallowed and regular Jhen I've defeated, I've got eight rounds done thus far.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Verity19 wrote:
After a few rounds of material hunting, I decided to try the canteen Jhen (it's high rank at the tavern, I believe?) using the Deershot, which went well, though I only repelled it. I actually did pretty well with the ship, so I returned to the village and did that Jhen quest with my Miralis set and my Yi Duan and defeated it twice without any issues. Seems I'm actually good with timing for someone who kept pressing the responsibility onto her brother...
I'll be working towards hitting twenty quests there. Looking at how many Hallowed and regular Jhen I've defeated, I've got eight rounds done thus far.

Shouldn't you fight the village HR Jhen? That's what I did to get my award. I also used adrenaline on it with my Nero's Angiush GS. got 1968 Raw damage plus purple sharpness, Tenderizer, Focus, and awaken. I love that set. :D
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:35 pm

E&Troy wrote:
Shouldn't you fight the village HR Jhen? That's what I did to get my award. I also used adrenaline on it with my Nero's Angiush GS. got 1968 Raw damage plus purple sharpness, Tenderizer, Focus, and awaken. I love that set. :D

That's actually why I mentioned in my previous post that I returned to the village and did that Jhen quest... I've been doing that for a while now today, what with my first class getting canceled (which meant only one class today). I'm almost to twenty quests there now...
*While I was typing this, I was finishing a Jhen hunt and got the award. Looks like I've been paying very little attention to my Jhen count xD
That is a nice set of abilities, by the way. With my Miralis set, I have Attack Up(L), Rock Steady, Latent Power +1, and Heat Cancel put into the slots (need to change that soon, what with having more volcano monster crowns now than I did when I put that in). Put on the wrong talisman, but, oh well cat
Thank you for mentioning that, though. I may have already known, but it's nice of you to take that into consideration that I might not have ^-^
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 12:03 am

I use full Jhen w/ Critical Eye +2, Dofense Up (M), Focus(those normally come w/ it anyways, I could've got Critical Eye +3 and Defense Up (L) though), and I have a Talisman of +7 Antisceptic and gemmed parts of my armor to get Antisceptic. Also gemmed a little extra, but thinking of trading some excess gems for Defense Up (L) or Critical Eye +3..

Also, Glacial Agnaktor=Most bullshit monster ever. Piisses me off so much to waste so many Nullberries and Potions.. -.-
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 12:50 pm

Amaku wrote:
Glacial Agnaktor=Most bullshit monster ever. Piisses me off so much to waste so many Nullberries and Potions.. -.-

Been a while since I did a quest targeting one of those... I do recall not liking my stamina's suffering in those rounds, but, as always, I didn't, and still don't, use Nullberries. I just take careful notice of my situation when suffering blights...
Makes it unnecessarily challenging when under blight (besides simply rolling off the fire one), but item consuming, unless it's bombs, traps, potions, or temporary supplies (ex. rations), is something I try to avoid doing too much.

Decided I'm going to switch to trying to get the rare commodities for a while. Once I find a list of them, I'll be figuring out what monster(s?) to watch out for and aim for cat
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:00 pm

I go hunting in the Moga Woods for Rare Commidities, then you turn in a Hunt Report. They're usually 1 to 2 star rarity though. But at night, I think your chances are increased.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 12 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next