Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lets learn a little about MH4U

Go down 
+28
Yamatsu
Roon
MasterOnion
Ataraxia
Kanade
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Sephastus
LugiaXD
Will
Yuki
MetaMarx
Bidoof
Silverwind
DanielisAwesome52
MHWF
Lalo
Phazon Xenomorph
Lucas
Guild Adventure
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Amaku
TKMT
Antari18
Raptor98
PAiN---
Sai_
dcj91x
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 2:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to todays class, please take a seat. (note though some of these were introduced in MH4 since much of the things shown will be new to the west in 4U what will be referenced will state that 4U will be first introducing it as it is first showing it to the western audiance)

We will start with the amount of monsters and weapon types in each game in each game.

Previous Portable games:
Spoiler:

MH4Ultimate 3DS World wide release

Small: 22 23

Large: 64 72

Total: 86 88 96

up to 97 now actually

(possibility of later DLC monsters rumored but not confirmed)

Weapons:

Sword and Shield, Dual Blades, Great Sword, Long Sword,
Hammer, Hunting Horn, Lance, Gunlance, Switch Axe,
Insect Glaive, Charge Blade, Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun, Bow

Monsters we will be seeing in MH4U

Spoiler:

Known areas:

Spoiler:

New mechanics in MH4U (these have also been addapted in Fronteir and were tested in other games prior to being added in the main series of MH. When asked Capcom Japan stated that a lot of the ideas had actually com from fans of the series in the west and tested in several games before being added into Monster Hunter, some of these were used in previous games such as the "lock on feature".)

Air attacks, weapon upswings leading into air attacks, environmental interaction (wall climbing/jumping ect.), Monster cling attacks (being able to hang on the monster for direct attacks)

Capcom stated that MH4U will include even more interaction with monsters, the environment and airial attacks over MH4 though did not go into detail.

Other additions:

Spoiler:

There are many other new additions to MH4U over previous MH games, (I will add more later) if you have questions or would like to post a few or exspand on some yourself please do so.

It seemed to me that a lot of people didn't know just how much the game had actually been updated, though still a core MH game the amount to do has been really increased and Capcom has seemed to gone out of their way to keep people interested in playing and to keep them challenged.

Though much about 4U spacifically is still unknown and Capcom themselves have stated updates over 4U (even with 4 data being able to transfer to 4U in japan), those of us in the west should have a lot to look forward to early next year. If you have given up on MH or are getting a little worn out.. MH4U might be the time to give it one more go.

In the mean time here are some MH4 video's to show what we do know:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

E3 2014 Treehouse gameplay 30 minutes

More updates: Several monsters now have an "additional" ragemode due to the Feral Wyvern virus giving them additional abilities when fighting them in later HR ranks.

Last edited by dcj91x on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Yeah I was gonna post exacly this. In FU some armors change skills after transfering so actually everything is possible in 4U. Even locked tables. And besides... wasn't charm tables unfair straight from the beginning? And yet they didn't fix it in 3U.

I recon transfer will be one way only, from 4 to 4U, and there's no coming back. That means you can transfer your data to 4U and get locked in one of the current tables. So 4 will still be playable in a form of new exploit which enables you to grind for charms/excavation gear from different tables and than send it to 4U.

Just speculating.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:
Lucas wrote:
There was no MH game in which you could actuallu transfer your save file with all the the items and equipment stored in the box to a different MH game or Expansion (which is a different game too ; eg tri and TriU)
And it better stay that way ....

MH Freedom2 to MH Freedom Unite.

tri and 3U are completely different so transfering date would make no sense

How incredibly lame.... wow..
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Antari18 wrote:
Yeah I was gonna post exacly this. In FU some armors change skills after transfering so actually everything is possible in 4U. Even locked tables. And besides... wasn't charm tables unfair straight from the beginning? And yet they didn't fix it in 3U.

I recon transfer will be one way only, from 4 to 4U, and there's no coming back. That means you can transfer your data to 4U and get locked in one of the current tables. So 4 will still be playable in a form of new exploit which enables you to grind for charms/excavation gear from different tables and than send it to 4U.

Just speculating.

that's exactly why i said it would be unfair to change it. but i think they'll keep it simmilar to as it is now.
and i'm pretty sure you can only transfere your data once. otherwise you just transfere your data sell everything you got and transfere again and get infinite moneys
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 6:12 pm

I dunno if someone post it earlier but we have japanese box-art.

Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Bshcxe10

Hope we got the same one, because it looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 9:33 am

alright, Pinecone on the front cover!
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 10:52 am

Just a bit of FYI...

We already do know a bit of the "Charm/Armor" tables. They are More Random in 4/4U and yes more like Tri but not just in the fact that they reset each time you restart the game, in the Unknown Forest its already been stated the level of the armors and charms increase each time you beat a "set/saved" forest.

Also 4U has been given more protections agains hacking and mods and preventing people from seeing the code as they have been able to in previous generations.. The developers and others spoke about this in leangth when 4 was first released.. we had some posts about this a while back, so exact tables on charms and the fact that excavation gear skills and stats are more randomized (meaning it's unlikely anyone will have two like pieces) makes MH4U's tables unlike aby before it..

So when you talk about the "charm tables" in MH4/4U you can't really compare them the same way as you did in previous games like 3U, Tri and Fu... as 1. There seem to be quite a few more skills and mixed skills, and 2. The excavation armors are randamized making each persons game UNIQUE! And no.. you shouldn't have to worry about locked tables or any of the sort at all.

As far as the number of slots to save gear and items and such as Lucas said there are pouch presets. I haven't looked as much into them as I really wasn't that worried about them but from what I've seen and from what the developers have talked about in the videos on collecting gear once you have gotten all the in game "monster gear and weapons" you should have pleanty of space. One of the videos (i'd have to search for it) they talked about completionist and collecting all the armors and weapons and then getting excavation gear as well and from what they were saying it sounded like there was more than enough space on just one character for all that.

@Firpi... Don't exspect the Western cover to be the same.. The usually think those of us in the west want something more bright and flashy and will stand out from other game covers. Though that one looks great they may see it as too cluttered for out eyes to veiw.
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 10:59 am

Those pouch presets will be awesome. It gets annoying after a while when you have to keep swapping between combat, gathering, and elder dragon combat gear xD
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 12:04 pm

@dcj; I just checked the covers on the wiki, your right, ours do seem cleaner, more colorful.

so i guess we will get an altered Gore magala cover. Ah well! Such is Advertising.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 7:41 pm

Spoiler:

American boxart. We still don't know what Europe gets, but judging from the release of 3U, most likely we get the same boxart as US. As I predicted they decided to make something "oiriginal" again as they did with 3U. In my opinion it's huge step backward from japanese one. Why they keep changing it? It's not gross but japanese looks waaay better.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:16 pm

Firpi wrote:

Also that flying wyvern...... have you ever look closely at a pine cone??

It appeares to be modled after a Pangolin from japan. That's actually where it get's the "pinecone" like look from. Since all MH monsters are modled from real species..

Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Pangolin-pic-2013-04

Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Pangolin_t07_0797_034

And as for the US box art it was already mentioned before that Japans designs for boxed are often quite different especially in MH... They way they feel we veiw things as "western" and what they think appeals to us is quit different than what they feel appeals to the Japanes buyer.

A less crowded cover (so we can discern wat is going on), a big monster to fight that looks relatable (usually to a western dragon or whatnot), and 4 hunters dressed with cool looking weapons (so 1 we can understand it's multiplayer, 2. we know we can use different weapons and armors, 3. we can stand on rock and monsters...)

Basically the Western covers make it "simple" for us to understand... it's marketing.

Actually Yuri from Capcom USA even stated:

“You can also see a number of new in-game features in this piece, such as the hunter on the Gore Magala’s back and the more subtle idea of terrain differences affecting gameplay manifesting itself in the archer on the right.”

Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:29 pm

and MHWF just explained it all.

HUZZAH! Well written.

Also thank you for the ?Pangolin?
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:13 pm

Firpi wrote:

HUZZAH!  Well written.

^ my only reason for being here and to make sure the forum works correctly... (direct all complaints to Win32Error and other Admins/Mods)
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:17 pm

Well I understand since we didn't get MH4 in the west, the main focus of this cover is flagship monster from 4 and couple of new weapon types. It's understandable but for people who are aware of new releases in Japan, it's a bit of a shame.

It's actually the first time we experience international (sort of) release, so I'm hoping this will be a trend in the future and they'll stick with the original content, rather than creating something to fit into western market. And I'm not even talking about the actual content. The actual quality of the picture is very debatable, some of the characters looks like pasted from PS, while others like pseudo-3d models from the game. At first I thought we're dealing with some fan-made cover art...
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:38 pm

MHWF wrote:
Firpi wrote:

HUZZAH!  Well written.

^ my only reason for being here and to make sure the forum works correctly... (direct all complaints to Win32Error and other Admins/Mods)

Oh. Im sorry if that got misconstrued. I didnt mean that in any negative way. I wholeheartedly meant that in " thank you, having official answers over our wild speculation is nice."

Again, Im sorry if that came out reading sarcastic or otherwise, i really didn't mean it that way.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:31 pm

Firpi: I understood you completely. And thank you for your nice comment. I was being mischevious of sorts. Did not mean to mislead you.

Remember I am here to help first and formost and to make sure everything is of the highest quality for each and every forum member so I am always happy to do the best I can especially when it provides information that helps others about Monster Hunter.

Also, Antari.. The full coverart actually looks quite nice IMO:

Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Monhuncover

Though the part used for the front of the box is a bit closed in it does show it's message well and as you said it has the "main" monster on it.

While many of us may know about MH4 and a lot of details it was still a japan only game. Capcom is trying very hard to focus on and promote the wester version 4U along with Nintendo. Already they have done E3 and SDCC showings of the game and will likely even have commercials and if Capcom US has any say in the matter more cases and extras as well.

So treating 4U as it's own individual game and showing the monsters (even those returning from 4) as new is a good play on there part because overall, for us, just about everything in 4U is new. Even the way capcom is treating and seeing the western fans to some scale is New.. And refreshing.

The whole point of this thread is to learn about MH4U and I think through MH4U Capcom has also begun to learn a lot about western players of MH. So while we learn all the new and exciting things we will be seeing come early 2015, CapJap is learning how big MH really is and can be here in out neck of the woods.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Yeah but at the same time, I really don't like how they decided to completely abandon new flagship monster and simply put Gore Magala in it's place. It's like making Lagi flagship monster of 3U. On the other hand they did exacly the same thing with western 3U release. Azure los instead of Brachy? Why not. It makes sense, because it appeared first in... MHF/G.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 9:51 am

Antari18 wrote:
Yeah but at the same time, I really don't like how they decided to completely abandon new flagship monster and simply put Gore Magala in it's place. It's like making Lagi flagship monster of 3U. On the other hand they did exacly the same thing with western 3U release. Azure los instead of Brachy? Why not. It makes sense, because it appeared first in... MHF/G.

I guess the best way to put it is this way...

Your not going to give the same same learning material to a middleschool class that you are a University class, and in a way that's how the west is/was veiwed by CapJap when the covers for 3U/4U were created... and to some exstent for the overall populas that's understandable. It's marketting.

They are not selling the game to MH fans (or at least the box isn't). Here in the west the box is actually selling the game to people who don't know what MH is. Random people walking by and seeing the game just sitting on a shelf.

Fans already know about the game, we're pretty much going to by it. Random people looking for the game wont know much or anything about it. The japan cover won't really tell them much about the game as pretty much everyone in japan knows about it but look at the Western cover...

Look at how much much you can actually learn by looking at it. As explained in the previous posts you can learn a lot about it being Multiplayer, land features, gear, weapons, climbing on monsters, monster size and more... just from the cover... That is why they decided on that monster and that cover over the Japan version.

Fans who know the game may not like it as much but those who have never played the game and just randomly see it may learn a lot just by the cover alone... It's a really smart move on capcoms part overall. A very good learning and marketing process that they hope will incress the sales of the game here in the west even more.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Another thing to the cover thing, Tri had Lagiacrus on the cover, but the actually story you find out Lagiacrus wasn't causing any of the earthquakes (and may have actually just been a victim of said earthquakes) it was in fact Ceadeus, yet despite being the ultimate boss of the village/story mode, he wasn't the flagship nor was he on the cover

Japan has already played their LR Village, they need a new flagship because they've already seen Gore and all his plot development. As far as Capcom is concerned (and as far as they should be concerned) The West hasn't actually experienced the Gore Magala storyline, which has to be done to reach the Steve storyline
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 1:57 pm

It is a good move not to put the "final boss" on the cover of a video game though
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:34 pm

Lucas wrote:
It is a good move not to put the "final boss" on the cover of a video game though

yup.

spoilers... that's like telling everyone Snape killed Dumbledore, you just don't do it. Imagine if all box arts did that!
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Antari18 wrote:
Azure los instead of Brachy? Why not. It makes sense, because it appeared first in... MHF/G.
'murica loves big swords and Dragons. TrollJho 

Brachy wouldn't appeal like Rathalos would.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 4:44 pm

*Capcom puts Gigginox on the cover attacking female hunter in Kirin armor.

Sells over 300,000,000 copies and than has the porn industry complaining of false advertising.

Point is There are a lot of people who buy games just because of what the covers look like.

Now Moving on from the cover issue...

Though we already figured it would be in Capcom has confirmed that 4U will have cross region play with NA and EU areas.. WooHoo for all of us!!!

Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 5:00 pm

I'm glad nothing changes in this segment from 3U. I hope to play with you guys in 4U Yes by vort You have my Great Sword. And my AXE!
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 5:51 pm

Ond my Bow... I will follow you all the way to Mount Doom Little Hobbits.... Wait..?
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 3:07 am

Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 BxXSdzCCMAAIgq5
lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets learn a little about MH4U
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next