Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hyrule Warriors

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who are you most wanting to play as?
■ Lana (game exclusive character)
Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
■ Darunia, Agitha or Princess Ruto (random side characters)
Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
■ Ganondorf, Ghirahim or Zant (one of the bad guys!)
Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 7 ]
■ Link "The Hero of Time"!!!
Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
■ Midna, Impa or Fi (a sexy sidekick)
Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
■ Princess Zelda/Sheik (the games are all named after her!)
Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
A yet to be announced character like "Old Man"!!
Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 Empty
PostHyrule Warriors

While most are waiting until next year for a new Zelda game on the WiiU or for Smash Brothers to play as Zelda or Link, many seem to have forgotten that as of September 19th in the EU and 26th in the US you will be able to play as both and lots more beloved Legend of Zelda characters from throughout the many series of the games released so far.

Hyrule Warriors is a cross over (style) game created by Koei Tecmo and Nintendo combining the play style of Dynasty Warriors series with the universe of Legend of Zelda.

Currently there are 13 known playable characters listed for the game, each one with weapons and and skills that are upgradable as well as DLC costumes (for some) that have already been revealed.

Playable Characters:

■ Agitha
■ Darunia
■ Fi
■ Ganondorf
■ Ghirahim
■ Impa
■ Lana
■ Link
■ Midna
■ Princess Ruto
■ Princess Zelda
■ Sheik
■ Zant

(note you can unlock enimies as playable characters as well)

Zelda and Link have special preorder bounus DLC out fits from the following locations:

Ocarina of Time: Game Stop
Twilight Princess: Amazon
Skyward Sword: Target or Best Buy (not announced yet)

Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 X360-1F3

EU has been confirmed to come with a LoZ scarf in the initial release boxes:

Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 Zelda-musou-treasure-box-363923.21

Ganon will also have special outfits that will be given out as DLC to those who register the game on qualified club nintendo accounts:

Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 Hyrule-warriors-ganondorf-dlc

Now for some gameplay information...

Overall HW is a hack n' slash game but includes many classic Zelda items to help complet puzzles and chalenges along the way.

The game also includes Local Co-Op multiplayer (like all Dynasty warrior games). One player will control their character on the gamepad and the other will use a procontroller using the TV (no split screen).

The online feature of the game and the only way of unlocking some of the characters is through the "Adventure Mode".

Set up to resemble the original NES LoZ game:

Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 Hyrule-Warriors-Adventure-Mode-2

Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 Lanaspearsecret

Adventure mode sets you up with challenges to complete and rewards you with special items and weapons. Though the setup is in traditional NES style the battles are in Hyrule Warrior fashion:

Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 Hyrule-warriors-princess-ruto-2

Though not all details of Hyrule Warriors have been revealed much of what has been seems to be quite interesting so far... anyone planning on picking it up next month when it releases? which character you most excited to finally play as?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Hyrule Warriors :: Comments

dcj91x
Re: Hyrule Warriors
Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:30 am by dcj91x
Update:

With Hyrule Warriors now being officially released world wide they have announced one of the items to be released in the "Quest" pack in october:

Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 37cceafe0a0ca2e71de274c805631392

Yup.. you can now use Epona! Epona will count as a weapon in the game being able to do several.. horse actions and get you around the maps very quickly.

The reasoning behind adding Epona was stated by one of the producers like this:

"By riding Epona, I was able to blow herds of enemies away and gallop swiftly through the fields, and I had a lot of fun trying out this re-imagined version of her in Hyrule Warriors."

"In the Zelda series, players never had a chance to tackle bosses by galloping around them with Epona like in Hyrule Warriors," he added. "So I hope fans will enjoy playing as Zelda characters in a game with a different type of action than you typically find in the original series."

Chipou
Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:12 pm by Chipou
I hate how its not link tying epona to a stick and using it like a flail.
MetaMarx
Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:44 pm by MetaMarx
I haven't played too much of this game, but so far it's hella fun. I've been doing Adventure Mode more than Legend Mode because I'm sort of obsessed with unlocking new stuff. So far from what I've played, the characters I enjoy the most are Shiek and Midna
Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:54 pm by Oni Zelkami
Just finished the story mode. The final level is very frustrating, and there's no Groose, but a very solid action game all around. Easily one of the top 5 in the warriors series.
MetaMarx
Post Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:11 am by MetaMarx
I wish the multiplayer wasn't godawful. The frame rate is cut in half, the draw distance is reduced to a couple feet, and the quality of the textures is just abysmal. This could have easily been one of my favorite co-op games, but the hardware limitations just make it suck really badly. I was okay playing it on my gamepad, but my brother, who was on the big TV, had an awful time.
Oni Zelkami
Post Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:20 am by Oni Zelkami
Shame. While I was playing some of the later stages, I began thinking this would be one of the only Warriors titles in which multiplayer might actually be useful.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:47 am by Phazon Xenomorph
At first glance, not having the money to buy it myself but watching others play, Fi looks exceptionally overpowered handling both hordes and bosses easily. Spin to win sort of playstyle.
Oni Zelkami
Post Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:00 am by Oni Zelkami
Fi is actually incredibly fun to play, and her 4th strong attack wrecks shit like you wouldn't believe.
MetaMarx
Post Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:45 am by MetaMarx
Correction: multiplayer still runs at 60fps, but slowdown is very frequent even with the 2 foot draw distance.
Oni Zelkami
Post Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:32 pm by Oni Zelkami
Has anyone figured out how to unlock Cia, Volga, and Wizzro? I'm sure I installed the free update, and I don't see them anywhere in adventure mode. Do you have to play challenge mode or something?
MetaMarx
Post Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:41 pm by MetaMarx
They haven't been released yet.
dcj91x
Post Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:01 pm by dcj91x
I've seen the slowdown problem on several warriors games also I've been through most of the game and most of the modes on multi... It's not been too bad for me overall, you can tell the difference but it still runs pretty well.

Got to say I do like all the extras and how much there is to do in the game. I've had several people over who didn't want to get or play the game, ended playing it for several hours. Do wish the additional downloads wouldn't be months out but it's an understandable way to keep people playing.

My quick overall opinion:

Gameplay: Battles are great and a good variety with all the characters but yeah, it's going to be the same thing throughout.. you beat stuff up, but you beat stuff up from the Zelda universe and that makes it cool!

Music: Great sound track! and the ability to play whichever music you want just adds that much more to it.

Gameplay modes: The story mode (Legend Mode) is really good showing the Zelda world in a single time line of sorts. It still keeps it to a mostly Dynasty warriors format though. One of my favotite things about the story mode is the story book (windwaker) art style.

Adventure mode has a lot of unlockables like Zel said and has a great Original Zelda look to it. There's enough here to keep you coming back along with random appearances on the map by visitors.

There is a freeplay mode to use any unlocked character in the Legend mode and a challenge mode to face .. well chalenges that will keep increasing as you beat them.

Multiplayer is a great since it is available on any game mode and instead of split screen you have use of the gamepad and full tv. As stated by others you do get limited distance visuals but it's not really needed as most of the battle is only what is in front of you or displayed on the map. Also each player is pretty much free to go off and do as they please for the most part with player 1 still (gamepad) remaining the primary player... this does become confusing at times though as in Legend mode you'll get 2 of the second character if the 2nd player chooses one who is related to that part of the story. As far as speed on multiplayer... I didn't have that much of a problem even when both players had lots of enemies though there were some dips in graphics it seemed from time to time that were never noticed in solo play.

Extras.. There are a lot of weapon combinations, a decent amount of character upgrades and quite few extra free and paid DLC's.

The Villians update is suppose to release for Japan on the 30th (tomorrow) and for the west if I recall on the 16th of October.
MetaMarx
Post Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:59 pm by MetaMarx
Out of all the warriors, Agitha is my least favorite. She's the only warrior I actually dislike playing. Unfortunately, I am also going for 100% which means I have to use her.
dcj91x
Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:12 am by dcj91x
I played the Adventure mode last night and finally beat one of the Link battles. It was Zel's. I got a 250 3 slotted weapon for the trouble not sure what bonus the owner of the Link gets though..

I know Meta and several others on the forum with the game are on my Friends list ut have only seen one other so far and that battle wasn't in my favor at all.
Oni Zelkami
Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:27 pm by Oni Zelkami
So to do anything with the other person on the map, you have to play the battle that person is on? The game made it seem like you just had to win any battle.
dcj91x
Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:52 pm by dcj91x
^ No.. It has to be the one they are on (as it's a special battle) and it has to be within 24 hours. You can lose and play it as many time as needed until you win but only within 1 day of it appearing. I beat the challenge yours was on as soon as I could but.. it wasn't easy, none of them seen to be (not at my level anyways).

And I pretty much just did what had to be done without beating any of the extra commanders or keeps. Also, keep in mind if it's someone on your friends list the rewards are better versus just a ranson person.

You can go to that block to see who it is and if they are on your friends list. I am not sure how to claim the reward from someone who has beating a challengd for you though..

Update:

Ran into Zel again this time at Level 40.. Got a 3 slot 285 power harp for Sheik as the reward.

"Come on Zel I need something for Midna!"

More updates on the DLC:

So the Master Quest DLC is related to the Free Villians pack dlc and adds quite a bit of stuff for them.. They released a few videos but warn you now there are several game spoilers..

MetaMarx
Post Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:37 pm by MetaMarx
So the DLC is amazing. The Master Quest adventure map is the same size as original one, and I'm not even done with the original one. Goddam I think I just added 10 more hours of game by downloading this pack. I also pre-ordered the others soooo shiet. The time I'm gonna spend in this game will be gigantic. Still not bored though.

Also, Epona gets demon eyes when you use the Dark Link skin. Another reason why you should pre-order the rest of the packs.
Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:41 am by Oni Zelkami
Hell yes. Easily one of the best pieces of paid DLC (Cost wise) in any game ever. Good to see Nintendo knows how to handle DLC properly. New story missions were a little blech, but everything else looks immensely fun. I think it's pretty hysterical that they just gave the mount it's own weapon type instead of being a mechanic. I hope this means Fire Emblem Musou won't jump the shark in that area.

EDIT: Aww shucks. Epona doesn't completely change with each level increment. I was hoping level 3 would be like a badass warhorse with armor and shit.
Chipou
Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:54 am by Chipou
*downloads dlc* why did I stop playing this? Volga is fun! *gets pitted against 3 gohmas on one map, still havent unlocked zant or made half the cast useful* oh yeah.
TKMT
Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:36 am by TKMT
MetaMarx wrote:
Correction: multiplayer still runs at 60fps, but slowdown is very frequent even with the 2 foot draw distance.
The hell part of this game is 60 fps? Hyrule Warriors - Page 2 1669237282
MHWF
Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:21 am by MHWF
... Mine is. Runs great. Even in multiplayer I rarely have anyproblems. On the gamepad I get less than the one using the TV but the game seems to favor the primary player overall. And if there is any issues it's hardly a problem.

Heck the only thing that's ever frustraited me in the game is those plasted link battles.. the one stage I keep having my keep taken over evem when I'm standing there in it with no ememies in site WTH?
MHWF
Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:48 pm by MHWF
HYRULE WARRIORS UPDATE:

Just when you already thought Hyrule warriors was an amazing game with it's great storyline, exstensive amount of free and low cost paid dlc, and challenging adventure mode!

Nintendo and platinum games announced today that a future update will add Amiibo support for the Link figure.

No confirmation has been given on which other figures may work or how they will be used but some speculations have been that they may be tied to the new moded added in the final DLC pack other believe it's just an additional "FREE" update.

Nintendo said they will talk about it again soon.
MetaMarx
Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:31 pm by MetaMarx
So how the hell do skulltullas work? I know you've gotta use a specific character or weapon or whatever on hard mode, but even when I meet the conditions, the skulltulla will not spawn sometimes. Is there some kind of hidden condition that needs to be met?
dcj91x
Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:38 am by dcj91x
There are the 2 different skulltullas, the first is the easy one that only needs the 1,000/1,500 kill requierment on most satges.

the 2nd is the Hard Skulltullas. Play on hard mode and meet the requerments.

for instance to get the first one:

Spoiler:

MetaMarx
Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:20 pm by MetaMarx
Yeahhhh that doesn't help at all. I've tried certain things that might activate the hidden requirement (capturing all keeps, getting kills, activating the boss monster, speed running, letting the clock run for a certain amount of time), but some of the secondary skulltullas simply won't spawn.
Post  by Sponsored content

Hyrule Warriors

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next