Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
New Nintendo 3DS/XL - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
New Nintendo 3DS/XL - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Nintendo 3DS/XL

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

New Nintendo 3DS/XL - Page 2 Empty
PostNew Nintendo 3DS/XL

so Nintendo have announced an upgraded version of the 3DS/XL

besides having a stronger CPU it will also have:

colored buttons, and and small extra joystick:
New Nintendo 3DS/XL - Page 2 20140829_051845_thumb

two extra shoulder buttons:
New Nintendo 3DS/XL - Page 2 20140829_052017_thumb

and it seems that you can now view the 3D effect from other angles too.
there will be a new feature that makes it easier to get your pictures to a PC, and there will be a better internet browser

New Nintendo 3DS/XL - Page 2 20140829_052043_thumb
New Nintendo 3DS/XL - Page 2 20140829_052054_thumb

they have anounced a Xenoblade Chronicals remake exclusively for the New Nintendo 3DS and said that they were talking bout more titels exclusive to it (that won't be playable on the normal 3DS)

Nintendo said though that they are not planing to bring it to the west within the year. Jap is getting it Oktober 11

any thoughts?

Last edited by Tomderdepp on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

New Nintendo 3DS/XL :: Comments

Chipou
Re: New Nintendo 3DS/XL
Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:01 pm by Chipou
So...Pokemon and layton games wont lag anymore?
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:59 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Chipou wrote:

I didn't think about that, I'm tired of the fps drop / lag in Triple battles, feels so much slower until the attacks actually go off.
DanielisAwesome52
Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:48 am by DanielisAwesome52
Is the Pokemon lag confirmed? That's seriously my selling point, if its fixed I'm buying one the moment they're launched.

I absolutely need to know if the Pokemon Lag will be fixed
Tomderdepp
Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:10 am by Tomderdepp
Chipou wrote:

i never had problems with pokemon or layton... though i didn't play that much pokemon.

only things i had lags on was Pushmo (only the user created levels though) and i think the VC had one or two lags sometime
DanielisAwesome52
Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:27 pm by DanielisAwesome52
Tomderdepp wrote:
Chipou wrote:

i never had problems with pokemon or layton... though i didn't play that much pokemon.

only things i had lags on was Pushmo (only the user created levels though) and i think the VC had one or two lags sometime

Pokemon lags when you try to use the 3D during battle (about the only time the 3D is usable) If you have basic Pokemon like the the starters and bug and bird Pokemon from Santalune Forest, the framerate is fine, but get any pokemon bigger than them, or try to use large hitting attacks and it drops significantly, I've actually been worried of it freezing its been that bad sometimes.

This lag is total BS though, if Ocarina of Time 3D, Monster Hunter, even Super Mario 3D Land can run perfectly smoothly in 3D, theres no excuse for a game where its six models doing mostly idle animations at one time, and them taking turns doing either attacking or damaged animation. Not like the constant animation and movement possibly 10 monsters, of different kinds, sometimes attacking simultaneously, sometimes each doing completely separate animations. Heck I've had two Zinogres fully charge at the same time (one calling lightning) and never had any slowdown even connected to another 3DS system. I've had at least six enemies on screen at once in OoT3D, and have NEVER seen the framerate drop. Same with Mario, there is honestly no excuse for this animation issue, and to ONLY have it occur in 3D mode? Why? How do you mess up the core of the system your building a game for?
dcj91x
Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:15 pm by dcj91x
^ I use 3D on everything.. pokemon and all. Never had a problem with lag online or off.... Well except for local multiplayer on some things but overall lag with 3d on with my xl is very rare if ever.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:53 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
I never use the 3d, seems too gimmicky and not worth it considering you have to hold the 3ds just right, id rather just play the games like games should be played
dcj91x
Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:12 pm by dcj91x
And how should games be played?

I think each person plays games differntly so thats not really a.. well not a statement that can be defined. Some people play games "just for fun", while others are competative about everything, some casual, some completionist.. So saying Me using the 3D all the time isn't how a game "should be played" when that's the whole point of a 3Ds is a bit insulting Nova especially since everyone as I stated has their own way to play and theirs really no right nor wrong way IMO.

Also when you say "hold it just right" you mean in front of you? Also isn't that one of the issues the N3Ds seeks to correct. Making the veiwing angles easier for people to see the 3d and hopefull increase the use of 3ds over the population of 3Ds users?

.. other than cheating that affects someone elses enjoyment of course. ;)
Quentin
Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:19 pm by Quentin
So is it confirmed that the XL and the regular versions are coming out at the same time?
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:10 am by Phazon Xenomorph
dcj91x wrote:
And how should games be played?

I think each person plays games differently so that's not really a.. well not a statement that can be defined. Some people play games "just for fun", while others are competitive about everything, some casual, some completionist.. So saying Me using the 3D all the time isn't how a game "should be played" when that's the whole point of a 3Ds is a bit insulting Nova especially since everyone as I stated has their own way to play and theirs really no right nor wrong way IMO.

Also when you say "hold it just right" you mean in front of you? Also isn't that one of the issues the N3Ds seeks to correct. Making the viewing angles easier for people to see the 3d and hopefully increase the use of 3ds over the population of 3Ds users?

.. other than cheating that affects someone elses enjoyment of course. ;)

There's a reason Nintendo, despite a handful of good titles like Monster Hunter, Smash, Metroid, and Zelda is failing the console wars. It's because they are being too innovative at the cost of system performance. These "new" 3ds systems are what should have been the whole system to begin with, the fact they are selling them like they did leaves me to believe they had the specs and design for the "new" 3ds at launch and just deliberately sold the watered down systems so they can make more of a profit due to lack of sales for things like the Wii U and Wii consoles.

They used to be the king of consoles and in terms of sales figures no longer have that kind of profit to the point their own CEO's are taking paycuts because of their failures (or so I heard).

To answer your question though, you are a minority who likes the 3d effect. At this point in time the "correct" way to play games is the good old non-3d way because you can cram more system power into those systems. 3d is a nice and unique concept but it's still too wonky for any serious hardware and they are putting that in at the cost of a potentially higher resolution 2d screen for example.

Nintendo really doesn't know what they want anymore...it's "oh look the 3ds its 3d" then its "oh look the 3ds XL its even bigger screens" then "oh look it's the 2ds that does everything the 3ds does for cheaper but wait the screen doesn't fold over for easy travel" now it's "oh hey btw we totally have these new versions of the EXACT same name handheld console but we increased the power of the processor and whatnot so this is totally worth you re-buying or some of the "exclusives" we are "excluding " from those who don't upgrade won't be playable so buy this exact same handheld you already had."

Nintendo is showing a calm demeanor on the outside but these constant re-releases for the SAME damn gaming system in a single generation indicate they are frantically trying to make more money to recoup some of their loses, meanwhile they expect us to drool and fork over our money or be left out of potentially a lot more games than those initially announced as exclusives (and not to mention higher performance of pre-existing games, like maybe pokemon x/y triple battles wont have such an fps drop due to weak hardware, and who knows how much better Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will perform on the newer models when we get them).

I get that I can come off as insulting, and I don't exactly mean to be that way, but it's just that I can't take the 3d feature of this system seriously because its an eyesore no matter what they do or how they improve it, and that in creating that, you know that they had to make some sacrifices, you can't at this point in time have both uber 3d off the screen graphics and super HD resolutions. I (and many other gamers / the majority judging from the reception overall of the 3d feature) would prefer a higher resolution 2d screen.

Also in regards to the Wii U, yes the touch screen gamepad is interesting but again it's a dumb idea in that if I wanted a tablet to game on, I'd buy a tablet. I'd rather a more classic controller default (and not have to use / buy an extra peripheral to use said controllers) and stronger overall system hardware (which Nintendo has sorely been losing, I mean PS3 and XBOX 360 had 720 native with upscaling to 1080 at the same time as the Wii launched and the Wii only did 480 or something...Wii U is supposed to be 1080 but I don't really see it yet even on 3U, yes 3U has improved graphics over Tri but it still doesn't really feel the 1080 Capcom said it would be, probably due to dual launch with 3ds).

Anyways I know I'm ranting but that's just my thoughts.
DanielisAwesome52
Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:58 am by DanielisAwesome52
I don't see the "frantic" releases of new systems as a big deal, how many different versions of the Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 have their been? I do not believe for a second that they had these improved specs from the beginning, each "new" system (merely new models not full blown systems) was in response to fan complaints or technical issues/improvements available. They realized some people din't like how small the regular 3DS was (And it is freaking tiny compared even to a DS lite, let alone a 3DS XL) so the XL/LL came out, then they realized American parents are idiots, and there is a huge market of children in the US, thus a 2D locked easy to parent lock 2DS was released. Now they see the demand for some games and the problems with some old games is Processing power, and that again people are idiots and can't hold a system in front of them (or some have a hard time adjusting to the defined angle, but the vast majority are just incompetent) and they've seen how many CPP Pros have been sold and how may games benefit from that tech, thus the New 3DS and New 3DS XL/LL

Maybe this could be a profit earning tactic, but I doubt that's the driving force behind each of these improvements, and just happy coincidences along the way. The 2DS wasn't marketed in Japan (I'm not even sure they have it) because they have a different demographic for video games. Notice the New 3DS haven't appeared until Smash bros was in production, and well after they established a decent base market for games like Xeno Blade and Monster Hunter? Hardcore Smashers, JRPGers, and us Monster Hunters are the ones this 3DS is directed at. Do you think a parent of a 6+ year old cares what Foreign X gamey thing or Dragon slashey monsters is? They don't care that the new systems have those type of games exclusive (nor most likely know what that means) or that the technological side is better, or that it has two more buttons and a nub. And because the price is the same a more average personal buyer will obviously buy the New 3DS over the "old" 3DS thus phasing out any newly sold old 3DS. Sure those of us hardcore fans will eventually update, but big deal hardcore fans do it all the time in EVERY other franchise, especially PC gamers, so why is it any different/worse now that Nintendo does it? Especially since their upgrades MEAN something, remember all those firmware failures the Elite Xboxes had? My older step brother had to return his three times, my younger step brother's old 360 worked better than the elite did for the first several months, we KNOW that won't happen with Nintendo.

And we aren't required to upgrade, Xenoblade Chronicles will be exclusive, anything beyond that is merely speculation. Big freaking deal, I rented XC, got bored in a matter of 20 minutes, hated the character models, and was all around disappointed that this was the petition to garner attention and success over Majora's Mask 3D. I'm not gonna upgrade because of that ONE game, and if the Framerate issue isn't fixed or is patched by the time ORAS releases, I most likely wont upgrade for a year, maybe two, I have a CPP Pro for both my XL and my 3DS, I know how to play without either, I have my Pokemon, I have my Wii U games, no ones tied my hand to get the New version (yet)

And lastly, the Wii U is the only current Gen system ROCKING (and I'm mean just riffing and killing it) with the 1080p, sure our flagship forum game doesn't seem to run it, but it was upscaled from a 3DS game, made before the wii U's time in its country of origin and ported for the third time for western Wii Us (Japan 3DS, Japan Wii U, then Western Wii U and 3DS) but have you seen Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart, even Batman Arkham City Armored edition ran f***tons better on my Wii U than the GOTY edition on my brothers' Xboxes (despite the never patched Harly DLC glitch) how many games are locked into 720p on the "leading current generation consoles" despite their sytems supposedly being able to handle HD? HOw many framerate issues have both PS4 and Xbone had? Never had those with my Wii U, been60fps and 1080p since day one, the worst thats happened is not finding partners for Mario Kart Tournaments, thats my BIGGEST problem, and its not even a problem. I think alot of people (and developers) are under estimating the Wii U because game journalism had a lead in bashing Nintendo, and have colored the market against it despite its actual success, Wii U just outsold the Xbone 7.09 Mil to 5.14 Mil, yet its losing the console war? how is Second of three losing?
Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:13 am by Guest
Their goal isn't to win the console wars though. They never talk about microsoft or sony. They don't really care about direct competition with them.

Also to say something other than sony is destroying everyone at this point is a lie. They just are, they have an insane amount of awesome games on the horizon.

Wii U does have some great stuff coming out. But after that? For all we know it could be another dry spell.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:48 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Vortiene wrote:
Their goal isn't to win the console wars though. They never talk about microsoft or sony. They don't really care about direct competition with them.

Also to say something other than sony is destroying everyone at this point is a lie. They just are, they have an insane amount of awesome games on the horizon.

Wii U does have some great stuff coming out. But after that? For all we know it could be another dry spell.

Another problem is Nintendo isn't the most friendly when it comes to third party developers. I mean lets face it, had Halo not been developed by Bungie the XBOX likely would have been a complete failure outside of what...like Sly Cooper? And even that game wasn't overly popular, Halo literally sold the XBOX by itself when people were wondering why they should buy it. Now it's the flagship title / game series for the entire console for 3 generations now, literally able to sell consoles off the shelves just for people to play the latest Halo game.

I've lost touch with what the Playstation has that's a major seller besides anything Kingdom Hearts related. I mean yeah God of War series I suppose but I've lost touch with what else became popular after that, though I've heard they have a lot of strong titles planned (hell if I know what they are though). And both the next gen Playstation and Xbox consoles have significantly more powerful hardware than anything Nintendo has used for several generations now.

Nintendo has a few nice staple games but releases are few and far between and units wise the Wii U is selling terribly. Sales spiked a bit after the original announcements for the Xbox One and all it's abysmal things it was gonna do at launch but after they cleaned that up, and with the new super halo collection of all the games in 1080 native and 60 fps guaranteed being re-released the thing is selling really strong, not to mention whatever Halo 5 turns out to be will also sell the console.

But yeah Nintendo needs to open the doors for third party developers and make it easier for them to get the info they need to code games for it, and they need to stop taking such huge risks. I mean a lot of people were heavily turned off for the Wii's motion controls until the near end of the console and a few games like Metroid Prime 3 and Skyward Sword made it actually enjoyable, otherwise the thing was clunky even for Wii sports / fit games. Then they now moved to a gamepad / tablet / touch screen hybrid thing and sacrificed system performance in favor of it, then I also re-reference my mega post above about the problems in re-releasing the 3ds while the 3ds is still going just to make it "stronger".

Nintendo is making a lot of questionable business choices lately and they really need to sit and think long and hard about how they want to take their company, yes gamers might still be diehard for certain titles (like I WILL buy a console of theirs JUST for Metroid, but I'm the minority in that) but most won't unless they see a decent launch titles or promise of a good title a few months after release. Instead the Wii U launched with pretty much nothing, similar to the Wii, and that's killing it's sales and thus profit for Nintendo...then we see that "oh wait we suddenly developed a stronger 3ds and now want you to buy that" makes me feel like they either underclocked the current hardware deliberately or have made upgrades to it in the middle of its already strong lifecycle.

I can just foresee the lag issues potentially on the new Smash Bros game that suddenly won't exist on the newer 3ds and people will naturally want that one.
dcj91x
Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:18 am by dcj91x
^ nintendo isn't friendly to 3rd parties???
huh?

Sony and micro attack Nintendo all the time, same as players of those systems.. Nintendo rarely if ever mentions them..

Indie developers have nothing but praise for Nintendo and indie games seem to sell better on the wiiU and 3ds than even on phones.

Most 3rd party developers complain about the install base on the WiiU and 3ds... The 3Ds is still the best selling system in the world with the most players, WiiU (regardless of a years head start or not) is week by week slling well beyond that of the XB1.

Sony did several.. several psp versions (the "go" anyone?) with little to no complaints iPhone releases new modles constantly. Anytine nintendo takes a dump people are there to make comments on how they did it wrong.

Nova, you state nintendo games are few and far between I wont argue with that completely but compared but I will point out their eshop selection and the amount of titles for the ps4 and xb1. I will also state the lack of care sony has taken with the vita overall.

As an owner and player of all systems (.. gaming PC excluded) with titles preordered for each I have to say while my other systems get used for Persona and Tales titles the WiiU has the most playability of games, eshop and hard copy now and coming out overall. and if you look at the list of titles that run in full 1080p at 60 fps' it has the most overall at the moment.. ps4 is second with more titles on the way and xb1.. is quite a bit behind.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/wii-u-graphics-comparison-ps4-and-xbox-one-have-less-1080p-60fps-hd-titles-than-nintendo-106896/#!

^an older article but at last count the wiiu still had the most games out and coming out with full 1080p 60fps

Back on topic though with the N3Ds, Nintendo did with it exactly what people had been asking.. people turned around and started complaining.. Sony with the Vita Slim did the alternative.. They kept the propriatary expensive memory, took away the beautiful oled screen and keep it the same price and almost the same size... no one said a word...
TKMT
Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:15 pm by TKMT
dcj91x wrote:
and if you look at the list of titles that run in full 1080p at 60 fps' it has the most overall at the moment.. ps4 is second with more titles on the way and xb1.. is quite a bit behind.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/wii-u-graphics-comparison-ps4-and-xbox-one-have-less-1080p-60fps-hd-titles-than-nintendo-106896/#!

^an older article but at last count the wiiu still had the most games out and coming out with full 1080p 60fps
Truth be told, the Wii U isn't pushing NEARLY as much graphics as PS4 or XBOne. A 1080 60fps game on the PS4 could be < or =720p at < or =30fps.

PS4 and XBOne have to push graphics, mostly because that's their face right now: graphics. graphics. graphics.
60fps for those systems will be a pipe dream because of how pretty they have to make their games. 1080p is already a struggle for them.
dcj91x
Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:30 pm by dcj91x
TKMT wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
and if you look at the list of titles that run in full 1080p at 60 fps' it has the most overall at the moment.. ps4 is second with more titles on the way and xb1.. is quite a bit behind.

Truth be told, the Wii U isn't pushing NEARLY as much graphics as PS4 or XBOne. A 1080 60fps game on the PS4 could be < or =720p at < or =30fps.

PS4 and XBOne have to push graphics, mostly because that's their face right now: graphics. graphics. graphics.
60fps for those systems will be a pipe dream because of how pretty they have to make their games. 1080p is already a struggle for them.

huh?

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:55 pm by Guest
Nova - DCJ likes to cherry pick things that suit what he's trying to argue, but what you have said is largely right. In Japan, sony has huge third-party support at the moment, getting Persona 5, Ys 8, bloodborne, and a hell of a lot of other games from Japanese developers (Silent Hills, Metal Gear Solid 5 or whatever one it is). All these games are bound to be awesome considering their excellent track records, and they are not at all exaggerations.

It's possible to say similar things about Bayonetta 2 and such on Wii U, but these games don't have nearly as positive of a track record. Nintendo is starting to do what sony does (fund some games to be console-exclusive like Xenoblade and Bayonetta), however sony has many, many more cases where exclusive games are almost sure to be incredible releases. It's getting a bit annoying actually, such that I want to buy a PS4 to get in on these excellent exclusives.

Even as a PC owner, who should be getting every game since my platform can run anything essentially, and at 60 frames.

Also @ DCJ's most recent post: Those games are last-gen graphics, even if they look nice. They won't be at 60 fps, they won't do well when many things are on screen (see hyrule warriors framerate drop any time you have a bunch of enemies on screen, which they realized and just made them spawn when you aren't looking instead of having them all spawn at  once). Nintendo is great at making their games look nice for the power their system has, but the system itself has pathetic specs when compared to PC components. You can post good examples, but it doesn't change that their hardware replicates the power of a 2009 graphics card. There is no amazing programming that can fix that, although adopting cel-shaded art styles can make a game look visually appealing despite not requiring nearly as much power as hi-res textured visuals.

Another example: my framerate seriously eats shit on mario kart 8 in four player. It's pretty pathetic.
TKMT
Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:19 am by TKMT
dcj91x wrote:
snip
So what about those games being 1080p 60fps? You do know that a 1080p 60fps game on the ps4/XBOne will NOT be possible on Wii U?

This is not something to heavily think about. it's basic knowledge. The whole 1080p 60fps on Wii U shouldn't be compared with the other systems. Two different leagues.

Hell, I remember some guy saying Mario Kart 8 on XBOne would struggle/not be able to run 60fps at 1080p... :l
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:27 am by Phazon Xenomorph
TKMT wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
snip
So what about those games being 1080p 60fps? You do know that a 1080p 60fps game on the ps4/XBOne will NOT be possible on Wii U?

This is not something to heavily think about. it's basic knowledge. The whole 1080p 60fps on Wii U shouldn't be compared with the other systems. Two different leagues.

Hell, I remember some guy saying Mario Kart 8 on XBOne would struggle/not be able to run 60fps at 1080p... :l

Wii U wouldn't even be able to handle a single of the re-vamped Halo games from the Master Chief collection which are native 1080 and guaranteed 60 fps even in monster heavy fights or huge big battle online matches. It might be 1080 capable but it's on the weaker side by far.

That alone says a lot about the Wii U's power versus other consoles.
dcj91x
Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:25 pm by dcj91x
Cerry pick?

*looks at Novas and Vorts post whining about everything possible instead of just enjoying the games re gardless of system.

ok...
Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:32 pm by Guest
dcj91x wrote:
Cerry pick?

*looks at Novas and Vorts post whining about everything possible instead of just enjoying the games re gardless of system.

ok...

Sorry, but I was pointing out facts about both systems, and not picking out examples that individually support what I was trying to say whilst ignoring examples that do not.
dcj91x
Post Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:33 am by dcj91x
So here's a bit of Interesting and good News for those of you in the EU.. If you haven't heard yet Japan will be getting the New3Ds this October.. And Australia will be recieving it in November!

Yup, Nintendo announced in their first ever Aussy only Nintendo Direct that Aus will be getting the N3Ds this November ahead of the NA/EU launch. Why is that good for the EU you ask? Well the AUS vesion of the N3D will not be region locked against EU games which and the AUS version is actually withing the same region as far as hardware goes now..

For the N3Ds the regions are devided into the US, Japan, and Europe/Australia. So this basically means anyone living in the EU can import the AUS N3Ds on November 21st and start playing all their current games before the official launch in 2015..

Sure you might miss out on some special editions.. bundles or club nin rewards but for £118 on a regular n3ds or £135 on a 3dsxl and getting it 4 months earlier to play with smash and other games it might be worth it..
Post  by Sponsored content

New Nintendo 3DS/XL

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2