Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread

Go down 
+26
Ryuuji
Ken Kurobasa
XenonFrost
TKMT
Ataraxia
Jojozityjo
Crystalis
kama
Samochan
A Drunk Ninja
th8827
Tomderdepp
dcj91x
Antari18
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Baumgart5
X Kitsune X
Shindouz
PAiN---
InstaCakes
Raptor98
yvz
Firpi
Phazon Xenomorph
Sephastus
E&Troy
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 3:38 pm

I didn't see one of these threads yet so I decided to start one.

To start it off, does anyone know how to unlock all of the 6* Caravan quests? I want to fight the high rank Gore without doing the Gathering Hall quests.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 4:23 pm

6* is not "high rank". Only caravan quests 7* and up are high rank.

Anyways, to unlock 6* quests, you have to get certain amounts of kills of other monsters. I don't know the exact amount, but that is the only conceivable way, since I have gold checks on all, cept the 6*. Even did the Kirin and Brachy urgents, and still no gold check.

Anyone know how rare the S. Magala Plate is? (over 10 down and no drop yet...).
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 4:35 pm

Sephastus wrote:
6* is not "high rank". Only caravan quests 7* and up are high rank.

I was looking on Kiranico's site and according to it, there is a mix of low and high rank quests in the 6* Caravan quests. Maybe it just got it wrong?

Sephastus wrote:
Anyone know how rare the S. Magala Plate is? (over 10 down and no drop yet...).

Looking at Kiranico's site, it says there's a 3% chance to carve one from the body, 4% chance to carve from the tail, 2% chance from a shiny and a 3% chance from break rewards if you break the horns.

EDIT - Oh, and a 1% to get one from the Main Rewards A.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 pm

Remember that the US and Jap versions have some differences.

As for the "High" or not. I figured out what these are for:

Elder Dragons.

And I don't mean the Magalas... I mean Akantor, Teostra, Kushala ect. You can't unlock these until you complete some high-rank quests. These are "high" ranked... since the rewards they give you grant High ranked weapons & armors. But they still show up under the low rank start. Meaning, you will get a full salvo of what to use from the box at the beginning. There will be true "high" ranked versions of these monsters further in the caravan quests as well.

I have everything else unlocked except those monsters, which will all be in urgents under the "low" caravan quest lineups.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 7:09 pm

Here's a question. How did I manage to somehow skip doing the low rank Basarios Urgent for Caravan / Expedition that everyone else seems to get? Somehow I didn't get it. Is it because I haven't done all the requests for the people who want me to do stuff for them? Or because I did more online content? Or because I've barely done any expedition stuff? Seriously how did I skip it?
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 7:15 pm

I got the basarios urgent quest after doing "mine these things" quests. The ones where you have to get crystal bones, sulfer crystals ect. And yes... some of those are just requests that the people give you.

As far as I have seen, almost every quest has a purpose to it this time around. Before, you only needed to do certain quests to unlock the next tier of quests, but not this time... which is a big plus in my book. tedius grinding for grinding sake is not that appealing.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 5:11 am

In previous games low and high rank armor could be sphere'd and/or part upgraded to G rank defense values...is this possible still in 4U? Eying an armor set but don't wanna waste time farming it vs getting G Rank armor, if the low / high stuff cannot get appropriate defense.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 1:29 pm

Phazon Xenomorph wrote:
In previous games low and high rank armor could be sphere'd and/or part upgraded to G rank defense values...is this possible still in 4U? Eying an armor set but don't wanna waste time farming it vs getting G Rank armor, if the low / high stuff cannot get appropriate defense.

Once again, going by Kiranico, all of the low rank armors I've seen can get upgraded to over 120 defense.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Unfortunatly the wiki is still not complete on Gore Magala. Is it possible to craft Charge Blade: Elendskraft while in 5* Caravan and 2* Gathering Hall.

Im LOVING the Charge blade, but at this point there are only 3 options; Impact, Fire and Ice. and you cant even upgrade them very much.
Back to top Go down
yvz
Tigrex
yvz

Thank you Points : 24

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 12:50 am

Anyone know where to find butterfly beetle? I'm trying to make Rhopessa gunner armor and I just hit HR 4 not too long ago
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 2:16 am

yvz wrote:
Anyone know where to find butterfly beetle? I'm trying to make Rhopessa gunner armor and I just hit HR 4 not too long ago
I've gotten a few from Hire a Hunter.

And about the 6* Caravan, you have to be HR 7 to unlock to last few.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 11:34 am

In MH3U, the only way to make the insect armor was by getting maiden butterflies from the hired hunters... and it is looking like it will be the same in MH4U.

As for the 6* Caravan, I have done the 7*-9*, and they haven't unlocked. Are you seriously telling me that I have to be High Rank in the guild before I can take on those? O well, its good to know I guess. And here I wanted to earn all that good stuff before I Well full online.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 2:14 pm

Sephastus wrote:
As for the 6* Caravan, I have done the 7*-9*, and they haven't unlocked. Are you seriously telling me that I have to be High Rank in the guild before I can take on those? O well, its good to know I guess. And here I wanted to earn all that good stuff before I Well full online.

I know how you feel. I was hoping to get awesome stuff from the Caravan before going online. But the only stuff that was any good that I could get was the Seregios weapons. They don't even let you fight a HR Gore Magala, which really ticked me off.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 6:29 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I figured if I just edited my last comment, nobody would ever see it.

I'm wondering, does pellet still work against the Zinogres? And if so, what are good high rank armors for a pellet gun?
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 6:50 pm

yvz wrote:

I seem to be getting them mostly from the Hunters for Hire.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 9:09 pm

How to get armor for felynes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 9:17 pm

PAiN--- wrote:

How far have you gotten in the Caravan quests? You'll be able to send your Palico's on mini-quests once you get to the Cheeko Sands (Once you do some stuff for them first, I think.). Those quests you send them on will give you scraps which can be used to forge armors and weapons at your smith dude.
Back to top Go down
Shindouz
Popo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:01 am

I'm using a gunlance and HBG what armor should I get for high rank for each of those weapons?
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 8:29 pm

E&Troy wrote:
PAiN--- wrote:

How far have you gotten in the Caravan quests? You'll be able to send your Palico's on mini-quests once you get to the Cheeko Sands (Once you do some stuff for them first, I think.). Those quests you send them on will give you scraps which can be used to forge armors and weapons at your smith dude.

I'm at 10* lol. Oh okay I'll look into that
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:49 am

E&Troy wrote:

To start it off, does anyone know how to unlock all of the 6* Caravan quests? I want to fight the high rank Gore without doing the Gathering Hall quests.

Unfortunately, Caravan quests of a certain level are tied to the Gathering Hall. You can earn some quests by completing perquisite ones, but for the offline high rank gore, I think you need to do some hall first.
Back to top Go down
Baumgart5
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 2:18 pm

I ask myself, is it worth to lvl up every weapon or are some weapontrees better then the others? Because not every weapontree ends in a rare 10 weapon and i would say these are the best weapons?
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 4:34 pm

Hey guys found this while surfing around trying to find any good pics of Female Mono armor.

Wasnt sure where to post it so here you go.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread XwgLBB9
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 5:40 pm

Baumgart5 wrote:
I ask myself, is it worth to lvl up every weapon or are some weapontrees better then the others? Because not every weapontree ends in a rare 10 weapon and i would say these are the best weapons?
Do not do every weapon tree unless some of the following are true:

1) You want a weapon for every occasion. Raw is always king, but it will not always be the best weapon for the monster at hand. If your choice is a 700 Raw weapon with 700 water (yep, there is one), vs a 916 weapon with no elemental affinity, your choice will depend on whether the monster in question is weak to water or not, and WHERE the monster is weakest to water. Cause if the monster is weak to your weapon, in a spot you can't ever reach... just go for Raw.

2) If you are a completionist. And I don't mean a PERFECT completionist... I mean if you want all the awards... In all MH games, there is usually an award for having 10 G level weapons of every class. So it might be worth it to take at least 10 weapon trees up to G rank in each class.

3) You like combining outfits for looks. This one is very important to some people. Since they can already hunt well regardless of what skills they have, their main objective is to look the part. In MH3U, one of our resident forum admins wanted to look like (and pulled it off) the green arrow. Skills didn't matter much at that point.

So, if any of these applies to you, go ahead and go down whichever trees you want... but it is not necessary at all, as long as you have a good goal of a high raw weapon.
Back to top Go down
Baumgart5
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Ok and what are the recommended trees if i am wanna play hammer, horn and longsword? (Maybe Greatsword and Dualsword too, but i am still not sure)
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 2:24 am

Baumgart5 wrote:
Ok and what are the recommended trees if i am wanna play hammer, horn and longsword? (Maybe Greatsword and Dualsword too, but i am still not sure)

If you are in high rank (And have made it to the Tigrex, as well as have a +4 attack talisman or an equivalent one) then you can make a set with Sharpness +1 and Attack Up "XL".
The set is:
Helm: Skull Visage
Chest: Velocidrome S - x1 Attack Jewel 1
Arms:Tigrex S - x1 Attack Jewel 2
Waist: Remobra Belt
Greaves: Velocidrome
Talisman: Attack +4

It would work well with pretty much any weapon type just because it doesn't do any weapon-specific skills.

I typically don't make too many armors for specific weapon types till I reach G-rank, just because that's where the good armors are. However there are still some pretty decent sets in high rank and even low rank in this monster hunter.

Good sets (For me at least) are ones with the skill Sharpness +1. If I'm a blademaster, then that skill is super awesome. There are some weapons that don't benefit from that skill though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next