Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
New Here? come introduce yourself - Page 35 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
New Here? come introduce yourself - Page 35 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Here? come introduce yourself

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nasalsniper312
Tigrex
nasalsniper312

Thank you Points : 73

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

New Here? come introduce yourself - Page 35 Empty
PostNew Here? come introduce yourself

It seems we get new people all the time, and people tend to make topics about introducing themselves, so I figured that a topic where you could introduce yourself if your new would be a good Idea so that there arent a ton of introduction topics. So if anybody is new and wants to introduce yourself, do it here.
This isnt my idea only, I had had the idea and then I saw an older post that had suggested this too so I made this.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

New Here? come introduce yourself :: Comments

A Drunk Ninja
Re: New Here? come introduce yourself
Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 am by A Drunk Ninja
Hello everybody,

I've been lurking the forums for a quite while now and figured it was about time I joined.

Monster Hunter tri was the first MH game I have played. I saw it at the store an thought it looked like fun. I think most of us can agree this game is awesome. I've played around 350 hours, about even offline and on.

I'm really excited about MH3U coming out soon. I look forward to the expanded monster variety and gameplay.

-A Drunk Ninja
BoredForLife
Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:03 pm by BoredForLife
Drunk ninja?
I like you already.

Welcome to them forums.
A Drunk Ninja
Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:09 pm by A Drunk Ninja
=) Thank you! This is the name/gamertag I use for almost everything.
Otoshimo
Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:39 pm by Otoshimo

Oto the Shimo must hunt with This,
Drunk Ninja :0

God knows the epic parkour-hunting-ness will partake when The PseudoLogic Ninja & A Drunk Ninja team up against a wyvern!
(welcome, ninja of the non soberness)
Owa
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:44 am by Owa
Heya all!

I'm a relatively new Monster Hunter player, been reading wiki a LOT, but only now I've found myself in what seems to be the "official" forum for the wiki (the one in wiki site seemed awfully small in comparison).

Like for quite a few others from what I see, Tri was my first game. Bought it April 2011 (a year late, I know) after hearing it being referenced so often, watching the trailer and going for it. Been completely hooked ever since P:. So far easily clocked 450 hours with Tri (roughly same equal in offline, with maybe an edge with online), spanning three offline clears with various weapons, and finally reached HR 51+ on my third character (I had to start from the beginning on Wii U, as the Wii I used to play Tri on wasn't mine).

I've soloed all monsters so far, both offline and online, on High Rank as well, with the expection of Jhen (Normal and HR) and Alatreon (theoretically I might be able to knock him down, but I want to save that for 3 Ultimate). I've always been the sort that loves to tackle things by myself to see what I am capable of, but I also enjoy a good hunt online (and the reason I tend to hunt alone is to make sure I know the monster patterns and can hunt them myself so I wouldn't be a burden to others online!). Jho was quite a thrill, even though it took 49 mins to capture it (was REALLY close call!).

My favourite weapon is Lance, but I have a broad selection of weapons I use, depending on the occasion, be it Long Sword (I don't spam Spirit Charge mindlessly), Hammer (Still need training on online hammering though) or Switch Axe (I prefer sword mode combos over axe). I'm absolutely rubbish on SnS (mostly for lack of actual practice), and even worse GS user (Again, practice thing, plus I prefer Switch Axe Sword mode for actual smooth attacks). I did try gunning, but solo and guns don't exactly match perfectly until you really know how to play it.

Looking forward to trying bows and gunlance, and hunting horn seems close to my playstyle for online as well. My characters tend to have name "Owa" somewhere, but don't be surprised to see other names among my list P:. Oh, and in case you noticed, I'm a bit of a chatterbox.

I'm not sure how much I'll be posting about in the forum, but I certainly will be reading both wiki and the forums regularly for every bit of info I can scavenge to improve my hunts! May we hunt online on 3 U when the day comes! Yes by vort
Lalo
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:07 pm by Lalo
Welcome to the forums, hope you have a great time with whatever time is left on tri and on ultimate
A Drunk Ninja
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:33 pm by A Drunk Ninja
Otoshimo wrote:

Oto the Shimo must hunt with This,
Drunk Ninja :0

God knows the epic parkour-hunting-ness will partake when The PseudoLogic Ninja & A Drunk Ninja team up against a wyvern!
(welcome, ninja of the non soberness)

That sounds awesome! And thank you for welcoming me.
I play mostly in the evenings when I can, and then on weekends (schedule permitting).
talonxd93
Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:44 am by talonxd93
Hi I'm new to the forum but not monster hunter looking for people on european servers to chat to and play with.
OxK Comatose
Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:12 am by OxK Comatose
Hey guys OxK Comatose here!! Hey guys I'm new to the forum but I am a Monster Hunter Veteran started from the first Monster Hunter game but now I play Freedom Unite most of the time. I don't have a Wii or WiiU yet but I will be getting one soon. If any of you are wondering what the OxK stands for, it means OutKasts. The OutKasts being an Xbox/PC gamig clan that splintered off from another clan. You can find us on Facebook I hope I able to hunt with you guys in MH3U. Good Hunting Yes by vort - OxK Comatose
Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:29 pm by NightTragon
Hello, i am new to the forums ^_^

I have been playing MH since the very first game to the PS2 and got hooked, i will be playing MH3U for the Wii-U and also 3DS.

I am hoping to share experiences with other fans of the series and hear more strategies on how to fight monsters and also to help and be helped by other ^_^

I am looking forward for my time in the forums ^_^
kombatroach
Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:09 am by kombatroach
Hello, K. Roach here. I've had an account on here for a while but only have ever made one post and never introduced myself so...

Hi! I'm new here. I'm Kombatroach..i started with Monster Hunter Tri...went back and played MHFU, played a little MHP3rd, briefly attempted Monster Hunter...(didn't go so well...)..and am anxiously counting down the days until March 19th!

I'm hoping to meet some new friends that I can share the glory of battling fantastic and whimsical creatures with.

I'll see you soon in Tanija Port!
pumpkinslayer
Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:32 am by pumpkinslayer
Hi everyone! I am pumpkin slayer! I have monster hunter freedom 2 and freedom unite for the vita, tri for the wii, and soon monster hunter 3 ultimate for my 3DS (monster hunter, why must you release later in Europe? >.>)
I started with tri but never got into it, even to this day, it is mainly because I don't have the time to play on consoles, and I also like playing while watching TV at the same time, so I have like 30 hours in tri and 250 hours poured into freedom 2 and unite (transferred saves about 150 hours into freedom 2)
I live in the UK (rule Britannia!) and love monster hunting a lot, I also love manga and anime, and my other favorite game series includes: just cause, legend of zelda, the elder scrolls and any dragon quest-esque game I can get my hands on, I have a DS, 3DS, Wii, GameCube (I've only used it once, because as I said before I am not a fan of consoles) and a gaming PC, well, when I say 'gaming PC' I mean a £800 net-book filled to the brim with processors and hard drive space. I hope when I get a Wii U I can hunt with you guys!
In monster hunter tri I started off with a SnS but didn't have any fun, I abandoned the game for a while because 1 month after getting tri I got freedom 2 which I enjoyed more, I started with a long-sword but I started getting bored with it and went with a bow gun eventually (constantly switching between light and heavy) when I went back to tri a year later I started a new character armed with a long-sword, but as soon as I could I picked up a switch-axe, for 3 Ultimate I think I am going with a hammer and a side of long-sword! My favorite monsters are lagiacrus, zinogre, chameleos and deviljho, I hate the tigrex Tigrex, khezu, plesioth (that bugger will always be broken in my mind, I think capcom but that in the 3U demo just to troll me >.>) and gobul (GAHHHHHHHHHH) I hope to have a good time here Yes by vort
TheLaw
Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:37 am by TheLaw
Welcome to the Forums pumpkinslayer, I hope you enjoy your time here, everyone is friendly and most are Die Hard Monster Hunter fans, Like you I am on the EU release, my main game was Tri as of now my main character is HR 350 and my 2nd is 95. I will be getting 3U and I'm an all rounder, so I'm suited to any team.

All in all, Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forums! Enjoy your stay :D
pumpkinslayer
Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:22 pm by pumpkinslayer
Thank you for the nice welcome, I can already see that everybody is very friendly, unfortunately amazon says that MH 3U will only be arriving on the 23rd D:
Jojozityjo
Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:15 pm by Jojozityjo
im one of those die hard fans, however im a broke one lol
but welcome to the forums pumpkin, i just couldnt play with you cause im US lol
but welcome and do have fun here ^,^/
Hyakki
Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:50 pm by Hyakki
Hi everyone !! I am not exactly new to this forum , but certainly was inactive for a long time . was not able to give a proper intro when i joined this forum.

I only own a psp /sad/ , still waiting to buy a console /no/ , hence only played the psp versions so far . I am a die hard MH fan , and would like to talk to and be friends with people of same interest. ^^/

Nice to meet you all. /yes/
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:11 am by sparkly-twinkly-lizard
umm, hi. new to the forums here and only picked up monster hunter 2 years ago, just popping a reply to say hello... also any idea if the great wroggi in mh ultimate drops venom glands? the g.wroggi page doesn't list them and i can't find any monster that has them listed as a carve or reward...
TheLaw
Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 am by TheLaw
Welcome to the forums sparkly-twinkly-lizard, I hope you enjoy your stay as most of the forum members are nice and approachable, however I can't help you with your venom glands, as I have only just got 3U and still gathering stuffs, enjoy your stay, and I if you need a hand, there's a thread for MH3U so you might be better asking your question there, people will surely help you Yes by vort
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 pm by sparkly-twinkly-lizard
i think i figured out which monster drops the venom glands, i think its the gobul since the item matches the color coding that the rest of its drops have, maybe i have to cut off its tail since thats the part that does paralysis? cat
Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:32 am by Kalle
Hello Everyone!

I'm a gamer from Finland who was born in the early 80's, so I guess I might be older then most of you (?). The first Monster Hunter I played was Tri on the Wii and it was pretty much love at first sight. After that I had to buy PSP for the Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (If I remember the title correctly) and it has provived lots of fun during the dull hours at work.

Monster Hunter Ultimate is keeping me busy at the moment, leaving my other games and systems to gather dust. I'll try my best to be nice and useful gamer to hunt with. Politeness and happiness doesn't cost a thing!

I've been reading this forum for a couple of years now and I felt today I should register myself. Maybe I could participate in some of the conversations going on.

Thanks!
Yuki
Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:44 am by Yuki
Well welcome to the forums I hope your time here is enjoyable.

Also sparky (sorry your name is too long to type on on 3DS) Venom glands come from gigginox.
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:41 pm by sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Ooooh... that makes sense too... Seems kinda weird though, i need the glands to make the lvl 2 wroggi bow and the only other materials required are g.wroggi bits which are 2* quest beasts... time to strap on my fire bow i guess. And Thank you for that information!
Naynay
Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:43 pm by Naynay
Hi there! I got hooked to MH3U and was looking for some info, then found this forum! So I hope we can share some stories or hunts together! /yes/

I've now spent 98 hours on MH3U on 3DS (holy shit now that's a lot) since Tuesday March 26th. No regrets though, hunter's life!

I also discovered the desire sensor and cried a lot, and still crying in order to drop a Zynogre Jasper, he's like "no no keep dreamin' my little minion /no/ "

I'm looking forward to share some infos/stories/etc with you guys! /yes/
Teran
Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:18 am by Teran
Hey so I'm new here. I got MH3 way back on its EU release, but none of my irl friends have a Wii and most of the people I played other online games with live in US, so basically had nobody to play with.

Kinda done a lot of the online stuff, but I'd really like to actually play online since that's what the game is primarily about. x__x

So yeah years later I'm signing up in the hopes that maybe I can find someone! I don't like playing with randoms, really.

It sucks being HE6 lol.
TheLaw
Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:35 am by TheLaw
Hi Teran and Welcome to the Forums,

Question, when you say you got MH3 on it's EU release, are you talking about Tri or 3U, either way, I'm EU myself (Australian to be exact) and I player either.

MH Tri my character's name is Ike and HR 358

MH3U my character's name is Ike and HR 3

If you need a hand let me know what times you're available (GMT preferably) and I'll see what I can do in turn to give you a hand.

New Here? come introduce yourself

Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next