Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is your LEAST favorite weapon?

Go down 
+93
Dar
quidam
Win32error
Otoshimo
Ultimate Jaggi
KJ
Lalo
Randomhunter
InstaCakes
Laavalamppu
Silverwind
Monster Hunter Cade
Lou Urau
Neptyc
I laik to hunt
Luciarn
Crystalis
Mio
Andrea88GOD
Shiny_Rayquaza
Spiritlord
chim
Chriz
Palas
Koma
Vivi
Chips
Yuki
Axel's sister
Silver
Greyr
Leonhardt
Quentin
WrathzRevenge
Flamingo
Axel3
shailin
faelarmoondown
Zero Flare
Dark Soul Slayer
Valdast
Brandon
Mcsumo
Cravic
IaintElmo
charleszxc
DEPC
Kamarai
MikeTR
1bighiccup
Roon
Tyraell
Rathalose
Chagrilled
Aethren
Shepherd
Akai the White Lightning
Stabster
Frostie
Faintdreams
Kanade
Ataraxia
Kanturu
OmegaZero
Konata Star
ghostwind101
Florenz
Step
Black TheLance
Mati-chan
Tarath
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Lucy
Un-Tan
Cragger
Samochan
wietepiet
dainbramage
inocto
Drgnslyr208
Laws
Tiamantra
It's meh
Lucas
Godzilla2195
stayman_jacobi
shadowbinder
haruno
thermanmerman
Sir Valk
Will
Venusjmd
97 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Venusjmd
Bnahabra
Venusjmd

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Empty
PostSubject: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:31 am

I bought a lance, tried it out, kept getting killed.. I need that tumble abilty,.. went back to the villiage and immediately sold that thing back to the blacksmith, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/zelkmassb
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:38 am

Well honestly I can't get the hang of the Sword And Shield but I used to struggle with a lot of weps if you wanna get good with the lance(And trust me you do) do arena quests where you can use it I do that with a lot of weapons and it has given me lots of practice with all of them so I can learn how to use them
Back to top Go down
Venusjmd
Bnahabra
Venusjmd

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:47 am

Will wrote:
Well honestly I can't get the hang of the Sword And Shield but I used to struggle with a lot of weps if you wanna get good with the lance(And trust me you do) do arena quests where you can use it I do that with a lot of weapons and it has given me lots of practice with all of them so I can learn how to use them

Thank you! I might try that! Everyone also keeps telling me that the lance is best weapon to use against Laggi, and I am currently stuck at Fell the Lagiacrus! Thunder
Back to top Go down
Sir Valk
Seltas
Sir Valk

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 3:42 am

Venusjmd wrote:
Will wrote:

Thank you! I might try that! Everyone also keeps telling me that the lance is best weapon to use against Laggi, and I am currently stuck at Fell the Lagiacrus! Thunder

I think lance is the best offline weapon overall. What weapon do you use most often? Im guessing Hammer or SWAX if you are having lance problems.

Lance(what I used) is great vs. lagi, but I have heard of alot of people using SnS(which I don't recommend underwater). Either way, Fire is best against lagi.
Back to top Go down
thermanmerman
Kelbi
thermanmerman

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:10 am

still pretty new to the game, been playing the offline game for a few weeks now but just recently started online. anyway, i bought a lance for the first time just to fight lagi and i realized how much i like it. it has its draw backs, but having an armor with auto-guard then having the ability to get in a monsters face and just keep poking him... its pretty sweet. so far the s-axe, lance, and LS are my favs.

i dont really hate any of the weapons, but so far the bow-gun is the only weapon i havent used much. ive mostly been playing offline and the bow-gun just doesn't seem to work that well when you are buy yourself when you dont know what you are doing with it :P.

also, i dont hate the SnS.. but it just doesnt seem worth it to bring. i wish tri brought the dual swords back.. i like them in MHFU.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:13 am

thermanmerman wrote:
still pretty new to the game, been playing the offline game for a few weeks now but just recently started online. anyway, i bought a lance for the first time just to fight lagi and i realized how much i like it. it has its draw backs, but having an armor with auto-guard then having the ability to get in a monsters face and just keep poking him... its pretty sweet. so far the s-axe, lance, and LS are my favs.

i dont really hate any of the weapons, but so far the bow-gun is the only weapon i havent used much. ive mostly been playing offline and the bow-gun just doesn't seem to work that well when you are buy yourself when you dont know what you are doing with it :P.

also, i dont hate the SnS.. but it just doesnt seem worth it to bring. i wish tri brought the dual swords back.. i like them in MHFU.
get out now................... autoguard is pointless and hinders your growth as a lancer. Also as an extra bonus online instead of getting tripped when you get hit by your teammates you autoguard their attacks instead killing precious stamina. Now isn't that dandy?
Back to top Go down
shadowbinder
Tigrex
shadowbinder

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:25 am

Mine would be GS. That thing sucks!
Slow, and I always get killed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoWiiDSiXL
thermanmerman
Kelbi
thermanmerman

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:31 am

haruno wrote:

get out now................... autoguard is pointless and hinders your growth as a lancer. Also as an extra bonus online instead of getting tripped when you get hit by your teammates you autoguard their attacks instead killing precious stamina. Now isn't that dandy?

well... like i said.. im pretty new to online. ive only been playing offline stuff for the last month or 2. i am still learning, so get off my back... lol. but thank you for telling me that, can use any advice given to me, even if it comes in rude forms :P
Back to top Go down
Venusjmd
Bnahabra
Venusjmd

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 5:02 am

Sir Valk wrote:
Venusjmd wrote:
Will wrote:

I think lance is the best offline weapon overall. What weapon do you use most often? Im guessing Hammer or SWAX if you are having lance problems.

Lance(what I used) is great vs. lagi, but I have heard of alot of people using SnS(which I don't recommend underwater). Either way, Fire is best against lagi.

I DO use my Peco Flint+ the most! I love it's fire power-up!! It's what I repelled Laggi with! Maybe my Baggi armor is not enough against him.. underwater anyways. Is there a way to make him go on land? I can't even get him to follow me up there, lol.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 5:04 am

thermanmerman wrote:
haruno wrote:

well... like i said.. im pretty new to online. ive only been playing offline stuff for the last month or 2. i am still learning, so get off my back... lol. but thank you for telling me that, can use any advice given to me, even if it comes in rude forms :P
Well i'll start with this. Get rid of autoguard. Guarding with a lance in general is 99% of the time useless. Instead learn to counter or to evade lance.

Counter lance is simply being able to tell when a monster is about to attack you and counter the attack. While evade lancing is dodging the attacks while constantly poking the monster to death. Counter is far more forgiving but slower than evade lancing. Start with that :X
Back to top Go down
stayman_jacobi
Kecha Wacha
stayman_jacobi

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:36 am

Venusjmd wrote:
Sir Valk wrote:
Venusjmd wrote:
Will wrote:

I DO use my Peco Flint+ the most! I love it's fire power-up!! It's what I repelled Laggi with! Maybe my Baggi armor is not enough against him.. underwater anyways. Is there a way to make him go on land? I can't even get him to follow me up there, lol.
He goes up on land when he is out of stamina in area 9 and when close to death he surfaces to rest in area 12.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:52 am

I have a lot of trouble using SnS. The only time I ever use them is on the Agna/Bari arena quest.

I also used to have trouble using Longswords. Weird, as it seems that nobody ever has trouble with this weapon. I have picked it up as of recently, but I'm no master yet.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:54 am

I dont like GS and Hammer because of the slowlyness D:
Back to top Go down
Sir Valk
Seltas
Sir Valk

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:10 pm

Venusjmd wrote:
Sir Valk wrote:
Venusjmd wrote:
Will wrote:

I would use barroth armor for some thunder resistance, and overall good skills. Like said before; just make it tired and it will go rest on land. If you have issues with fighting underwater then free-hunt R. Lud, he has alot of the same moves lagi does. Being able to fight underwater is a needed skill, so better learn now then later.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:54 pm

I don't have a least favorite, but my least used for blademaster is the hammer.
Back to top Go down
Venusjmd
Bnahabra
Venusjmd

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:16 am

Sir Valk wrote:
Venusjmd wrote:
Sir Valk wrote:
Venusjmd wrote:

I would use barroth armor for some thunder resistance, and overall good skills. Like said before; just make it tired and it will go rest on land. If you have issues with fighting underwater then free-hunt R. Lud, he has alot of the same moves lagi does. Being able to fight underwater is a needed skill, so better learn now then later.

I am going to try for the Barroth armor, because of that darn thunder attack Laggi has going on. I've killed Royal Ludroth so many times, even on the first try, so it has to be Laggi's thunder. Thank you for the Barroth armor tip along with making him tired! ^_^ I want to get this guy!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Sir Valk
Seltas
Sir Valk

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:52 am

Venusjmd wrote:
Sir Valk wrote:
Venusjmd wrote:
Sir Valk wrote:

I am going to try for the Barroth armor, because of that darn thunder attack Laggi has going on. I've killed Royal Ludroth so many times, even on the first try, so it has to be Laggi's thunder. Thank you for the Barroth armor tip along with making him tired! ^_^ I want to get this guy!!! lol

Np, glad I could help! Tell me how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Tiamantra
Kelbi
Tiamantra

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:32 am

I have a slight problem with switch axes. I don't think that they're bad weapons it just feels like it could be better. I find them quite misleading as they are nowhere close to being as strong as they appear. The damage output for them feels a little...."lackluster" when compared to other weapon classes. :|
Back to top Go down
Laws
Rathian
Laws

Thank you Points : 53

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:37 am

shadowbinder wrote:
Mine would be GS. That thing sucks!
Slow, and I always get killed.
DESTROY!!!
Mine's is Longsword. Too easy.
Back to top Go down
Drgnslyr208
Aptonoth
Drgnslyr208

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:47 am

My least favorite would have to be the Gs, it may be strong, but it's WAY TO SLOW!
Back to top Go down
inocto
Popo
inocto

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:53 am

Longsword it's just to easy to use.
Back to top Go down
shadowbinder
Tigrex
shadowbinder

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:09 am

[quote="Drgnslyr208"]My least favorite would have to be the Gs, it may be strong, but it's WAY TO SLOW![/quote
This.
Great Sword = thumbs down.
:swx: and Long Sword thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoWiiDSiXL
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:58 am

SnS by a long shot.

It's just run up, do the same awkward combo as always, repeat. Roll if it's about to hit me. Even though that's exactly the same as I'd be doing with a lance/ls/sa (without the awkward part), it's just... much less satisfying for whatever reason. Uninteresting to play, ineffective in combat (compared to other weapons) anyway, and sets that work for other weapon types aren't particularly great for SnS which generally means I have to do a bunch of regemming if I want to use an SnS. Plus half the decent ones don't even have a weapon slot...

I think with a lance, I get surgical precision with stabs to weak points, which takes concentration even when evading the monsters' attacks is easy.

LS I get great big sword arcs of doom, as well as some more strategy as far as DAT RED BAR and spirit combo in general, and optionally the subthought of not pissing off teammates.

SA would be my second least favourite weapon, but it's still a world better than SnS. I don't even know why; probably because I can at least consistently target a hitzone, which you can't with SnS.

And hammer, gs, and guns have completely different styles that are rewarding in their own ways.
Back to top Go down
wietepiet
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:33 pm

I dislike the SnS. I haven't used it much but it's the same combo and the amount of sharpening you need to do is maddening!

Second is the lance. Offline I've grown accustomed to every weapon but the lance seems slow and clumsy, working on it (countering etc.) but still hard to pull off.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:00 pm

I don't dislike any of them, because they are all interesting in their own way. I'm sure I would find each weapon fun to use for some monsters and a bitch to use for others. I highly prefer fast weapons though, that's why I originally used SnS and LS. Lance came with the desire to be skilled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your LEAST favorite weapon?
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next