Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 23 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 23 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
rubinek
Popo
rubinek

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:06 pm

So... I fought Jhen Mohran for the first time today. I asked my HR 36 friend for help, and some 40+ HR random as well. And we failed to kill JM before he destroyed our Dragonship or whatever it is called /sad/. Any tips on beating the dragon? And also... I have no idea how to use the Hunting Gong and the Ballista Binder. Can someone enlighten me?
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:06 pm

rubinek wrote:
So... I fought Jhen Mohran for the first time today. I asked my HR 36 friend for help, and some 40+ HR random as well. And we failed to kill JM before he destroyed our Dragonship or whatever it is called /sad/. Any tips on beating the dragon? And also... I have no idea how to use the Hunting Gong and the Ballista Binder. Can someone enlighten me?

1st step is appropriate weapons. Tusk lance +, undertaker, seigmund/ancient blade for starters or your friends can grab some better high rank stuff.

2nd step is knowing when you can use those weapons. Low rank weapons should be reserved for spine crack and arms, at least for now without abusing adren/heroics/fortify. GS easily charge slashes the spine weak point even when it appears broken if you aim right.

3rd step is knowing when to binder, gong, and nator. Use binder on attacks like side slams and tusk sweeps. Gong when Jhen inflates chest for a belly flop. Dragonator in first stage when he rams the ship from front, and any time second stage when he is adjacent to ship.

4th step is to make use of the rest of the time firing cannon when in range or gathering then shooting ballista.

I've successfully taken a lv 30 alt through jhen urgent solo, so please do not get intimidated by his size. Just stay busy.
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:31 pm

rubinek wrote:

Short answer: look up Jhen Mohran guide videos.

Long Answer:
Binder is used to 'grapple' Jhen and it can cancel most of its standard attacks (except the Belly Flop, look below for information). Use it whenever it tries to attack or you need to immobilize it.

Now, Gong. The biggest mistake people do when fighting Mohran is they uses Gong at the wrong time. Gong can cancel all Mohran's attacks, but you should only be using it when it uses its strongest attack: the Belly Flop (the one where it rear up, inflates the underside of its body, then slam down) and literally nothing else.

It's kinda hard to explain the timing for dragonator, so I suggest you look up some video of it. In essence, prepare to use the Dragonator whenever Jhen's is in front of the ship. Hit the button at the very end of Jhen's first jump (important, remember it) toward the ship.

The biggest mistake Jhen Mohran first-timers make is to try and attack the body. Unless you're attacking the cracks on its back or its legs or the inside of its mouth when its turned over, you should focus on the siege engine (cannons and ballista) in Low-Rank. Once you get endgame gear like Sabertooth (G) or Anguish (P), then feel free to not use the siege engine (just remember to attack it on the aforementioned weak point). People with Lo-rank weapons should stay on the siege engine because that's the only way they're going to make a significant dent on Jhen's health.

Also, don't attack the tusk directly unless your weapon has Purple sharpness!!! I've seen so many people with Low-rank weapon trying to attack the tusk and keep trying even though their weapon is bouncing. There's a balista for that (or you can use Bomb whenever the Jhen's is poking its tusk at the ship).

The Most Important tips:
DIVIDE THE LABOR. 2 People get to attack the Break Points on Jhen while 2 others man the Balista or cannon (Balista if Jhen's far away, Cannon when its near). Once you get all the Breaks (or when once you hit the '10 minutes left' mark), just go crazy on the siege engine (for Low Rank. Team with at least 3 endgame gear don't have to do this).

LEARN JHEN'S PATTERN Jhen's is amongst the easiest monster because it telegraph its attack very clearly. On the first stage (when's the ship moving), it has a set amount of times it can do a certain attack (which make it a lot easier than the Final Showdown). So long you cancel half of its attacks (boulder throw does not count), your ship should be able to last until the end of the quest. To do this, don't be afraid to use the Binder, but conserve your Gong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Forum newb.... How do i create a spoiler?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:13 pm

metalman123 wrote:
Forum newb.... How do i create a spoiler?

Code:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:35 pm

What you guys think its a better skill for pierce bowgun. Critical eye +3 or AUL? i understand that AUL for blademaster is good, however im not familiar with Bowguns.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Endgame pierce guns are built for weapon damage, among others, because pierce damage is calculated with it. With a fully upgraded endgame bowgun, you'll be able to reach well over 320 weapon damage (and don't forget that you'll usually hunt with demondrugs and the damage charm/talon). After the border of about 320, Crit eye+3 will outdamage AUL a bit. The higher the bowgun damage, the more Crit eye will benefit, because AUL essentially boosts a fixed amount. BG's are the only weapon where this happens, due to the low weapon modifier.

For the most part, AUS/AUM will outdamage Crit eye+ 1/2, unless you have extremely high weapon damage (heroics is probably needed). This is because AUX boosts 10/15/20 X the weapon modifier, while Crit eye adds 10/20/30 % affinity. The difference between AUL and Crit eye+3 will never be a very large amount, so if you happen to have a reason to pick AUL, such as a better charm, or an armour combo, that is probably worth more than a few extra points of damage.

Note: Crit eye and AUX are good skills to have (damage=good, more damage=better), but are not very important for pierce gunning. More important are pierce boost (+10% dmg, far more than crit eye or aux) and pierce lvl 1/all up. Shooting more shots before reloading highly increases your potential DPS. If you wish to max damage, it's advised to use Adren+2, which basically forces you to use evasion. Eva+1, Adren+2, Pierce boost and Pierce lvl 1 up is probably what you should aim for, if you want to get the most out of it.

TL;DR: If bowgun damage is 320+, after regular boosts, Crit eye+3>AUL. Does not apply to lower skill levels, and the difference is almost negligible. Adren is pro.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:53 pm

kama wrote:
What you guys think its a better skill for pierce bowgun. Critical eye +3 or AUL? i understand that AUL for blademaster is good, however im not familiar with Bowguns.

I am going to take the question at face value and not ask if more appropriate skills are present or not...

The breakover value for bowgun is around 324 (270 * class mod) where CE3 starts to be more productive than AuL starting from 0% affinity.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Sry forgot to post the stats and equipment. the (Rathling+ / Grin / Thundacrus). With Food, the talon, etc etc the total damage is 390 - 400 if i take might pill, -10% affinity. armor Full Blos+ Bari+ waist, Jho Greaves. Tail: +7 atk, +10 map) Skills: AUL, Pierce S all Up, Pierce s boost, Element atk down. I used this today for W.E. Jho and one of the guys told me i should get Criti eye+3. is he right? or im fine with this set?
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:39 pm

kama wrote:
Sry forgot to post the stats and equipment. the (Rathling+ / Grin / Thundacrus). With Food, the talon, etc etc the total damage is 390 - 400 if i take might pill, -10% affinity. armor Full Blos+ Bari+ waist, Jho Greaves. Tail: +7 atk, +10 map) Skills: AUL, Pierce S all Up, Pierce s boost, Element atk down. I used this today for W.E. Jho and one of the guys told me i should get Criti eye+3. is he right? or im fine with this set?

He's correct, CE+3 will give you more damage (CE+3 will add about 20% more damage than AuL will).
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:49 pm

Okay, I have an alt that's at the lagi urgent offline and at 2* online.
It's my Gs/hammer char and I need some good hammers and Gses at that level and what path to go with.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
It's my Gs/hammer char and I need some good hammers and Gses at that level and what path to go with.

First of all, with GS and hammer, going for sharpness+weapon damage is pretty much the important thing.

Greatsword
Now, for GS, there's really not too much interesting in low rank. Upgrading either the iron or bone path is about as good as you can get, though you can switch for gaan, when it becomes available, which should suffice untill you get to high rank (it has green, which is the best you'll get, combined with high dmg).

When you get to high rank, try getting the high sieglinde, which should be the best untill 5 Quest lvl . Then, either get High Siegmund or upgrade Gaan. When hr 51, get Anguish P, and kill stuff. Basically, getting other GS's isn't bad, but raw+sharp will outdamage the rest.

Hammer
Yay, you've picked the HAMMA! Good, now get to KOing. For Lagi (where you are now), it's best to use the pecco path, which is generally usefull due to monsters being weak to fire. When you get the gun revolver though, that one should do better mostly (more raw, Red bludgeon is ele orientated). Generally though, in most of low rank, the bone bludgeon+ will be your best weapon, before it gets replaced with the upgraded Gaan hammer, which goes a long way. You can use it on any monster untill you upgrade it in High Rank, but it doesn't have green sharpness. This will probably make you use matching elemental hammers instead, untill you reach HR 51. When that happens, make Jho, which almost always outdamages the rest. Ala hammer is fine too, and sometimes better, when a monster is really weak against dragon.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Any recommendations for a gunning only char for battling against Ala? No post HR51+ equips available, pierce shots stink against him, can't make Jhen+ armor for clusting yet. Is element gunning (ice) the best way to go, or should support gunning with status be used? I only hear about people clusting it with guns, and no other types. This is a guns only char, so no melee can be used.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:14 pm

ice is probably your best option, but it's far from great. status is tough because of how stupidly high it's para tolerance becomes and sleep is not that great either unless you are about to do a sleepbombing run (which are a rarity nowadays). i'd go with ice shots mixing a bit of status (1 or 2 para and maybe 1 sleep) and possibly support options like demon shots.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:03 pm

quidam wrote:
ice is probably your best option, but it's far from great. status is tough because of how stupidly high it's para tolerance becomes and sleep is not that great either unless you are about to do a sleepbombing run (which are a rarity nowadays). i'd go with ice shots mixing a bit of status (1 or 2 para and maybe 1 sleep) and possibly support options like demon shots.
I was planning on ice shots anyways (working on Lagi armor atm anyways) so I'll keep going with that then. I'll only need to do it once, so it doesn't need to be perfect. I'll make better armor after HR51 for alatreon.
Thanks for the prompt response~ /yes/
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Silverwind wrote:
quidam wrote:
I was planning on ice shots anyways (working on Lagi armor atm anyways) so I'll keep going with that then. I'll only need to do it once, so it doesn't need to be perfect. I'll make better armor after HR51 for alatreon.
Thanks for the prompt response~ /yes/

I would like to add some to quidam's response.

First of all. Even with the best gear, you'll be doing sort of okay damage using ice shots. Secondly, it doesn't do ANYTHING when he's flying, maybe take some dragon shots with you (but that isn't too good of an option, especially regarding bowgun parts before HR 51).
Also, regarding you bowgun. You'll probably use Blizz/T-Rex/Blizz. Using the Blizzard cannon frame, it's vitaly important that you upgrade it, despite the heavy requirements. Element shots derive their damage from your weapon damage, and you won't top 240 without upgrading the frame.

Tl;DR Even under ideal circumstances, ice is the shakiest element. If you use it before HR 51+ gear, make SURE to do it right, and if possible, prioritize Status over it.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:19 am

Win32error wrote:
Ultimate Jaggi wrote:

First of all, with GS and hammer, going for sharpness+weapon damage is pretty much the important thing.

Greatsword
Now, for GS, there's really not too much interesting in low rank. Upgrading either the iron or bone path is about as good as you can get, though you can switch for gaan, when it becomes available, which should suffice untill you get to high rank (it has green, which is the best you'll get, combined with high dmg).

When you get to high rank, try getting the high sieglinde, which should be the best untill 5 Quest lvl . Then, either get High Siegmund or upgrade Gaan. When hr 51, get Anguish P, and kill stuff. Basically, getting other GS's isn't bad, but raw+sharp will outdamage the rest.

Hammer
Yay, you've picked the HAMMA! Good, now get to KOing. For Lagi (where you are now), it's best to use the pecco path, which is generally usefull due to monsters being weak to fire. When you get the gun revolver though, that one should do better mostly (more raw, Red bludgeon is ele orientated). Generally though, in most of low rank, the bone bludgeon+ will be your best weapon, before it gets replaced with the upgraded Gaan hammer, which goes a long way. You can use it on any monster untill you upgrade it in High Rank, but it doesn't have green sharpness. This will probably make you use matching elemental hammers instead, untill you reach HR 51. When that happens, make Jho, which almost always outdamages the rest. Ala hammer is fine too, and sometimes better, when a monster is really weak against dragon.

Meh. What path does the gun hammer come from?
And yes, I know this is a stupid question, but bone bludgeon is upgraded from bone hammer right?
You can all facepalm nao
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:45 am

Gun hammer is directly from iron path, and upgrade from the war mace.

And no. Pecco path is just another path. Starts with plume flint, branches off into fire (pecco flint, red bludgeon, +, Huracan Hammer) and para (Numbingbird, Paralykeet, Alluring Lotus).

Weird path really, not connected to a "big" path, and not elder dragon or event related....
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:29 am

Win32error wrote:

First of all. Even with the best gear, you'll be doing sort of okay damage using ice shots. Secondly, it doesn't do ANYTHING when he's flying, maybe take some dragon shots with you (but that isn't too good of an option, especially regarding bowgun parts before HR 51).
Also, regarding you bowgun. You'll probably use Blizz/T-Rex/Blizz. Using the Blizzard cannon frame, it's vitaly important that you upgrade it, despite the heavy requirements. Element shots derive their damage from your weapon damage, and you won't top 240 without upgrading the frame.

Tl;DR Even under ideal circumstances, ice is the shakiest element. If you use it before HR 51+ gear, make SURE to do it right, and if possible, prioritize Status over it.
I was actually planning on using Rathling+/T-Rex/Blizz, since it doesn't have as high recoil and deviation, higher attack (the affinity won't affect element/status/explosives damage anyways), only needs one Rathalos ruby to fully upgrade, fires dragon (albeit only one shot at a time), and demon/armor shots. Crag shots are negligible and the reload is a bit lower, but doesn't affect the important shots. I'll gladly trade 1 round of ice for all this. Although, I'd welcome any criticism now. It'd be cheaper on my efforts. This is only meant for a single run against Alatreon, so it doesn't need to be perfect.
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Silverwind wrote:
Win32error wrote:

I was actually planning on using Rathling+/T-Rex/Blizz, since it doesn't have as high recoil and deviation, higher attack (the affinity won't affect element/status/explosives damage anyways), only needs one Rathalos ruby to fully upgrade, fires dragon (albeit only one shot at a time), and demon/armor shots. Crag shots are negligible and the reload is a bit lower, but doesn't affect the important shots. I'll gladly trade 1 round of ice for all this. Although, I'd welcome any criticism now. It'd be cheaper on my efforts. This is only meant for a single run against Alatreon, so it doesn't need to be perfect.

I was actually going to post to recommend that gun over blizz frame, then read that post :P. Over time it does have better damage than blizz frame, taking into account having to reload more often. Plus better ammo efficiency, of course. And the obvious stuff - make sure you ask your teammates to bring freeze s for you, and if you still run out that gun is decent at shooting pierce.
Back to top Go down
rubinek
Popo
rubinek

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 5:09 am

forum noob question... what kind of monster is this? -> /versad/
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 5:32 am

Dats Jay leno.

Spoiler:

Kasumi made the emoticon, and now we all love sad Jay leno.
Back to top Go down
TiroDvD
Popo
TiroDvD

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:27 pm

What the button combination to draw and automatically load a Bow Gun? Or is that not a valid move?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:44 pm

TiroDvD wrote:
What the button combination to draw and automatically load a Bow Gun? Or is that not a valid move?

On CC, it's X+A, or Fire+reload. The latter should work on the wiimote controls, i guess.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Win32error wrote:
TiroDvD wrote:

On CC, it's X+A, or Fire+reload. The latter should work on the wiimote controls, i guess.

its z and reload for the wiimote
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 23 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next