Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MH3G speculations thread

Go down 
+33
Kikyome
haruno
WinNerd
Nes
Dark Angel Frank
Crathen
Chagrilled
Snagglux
Excarius
Hallmark
Roik
Lucas
barrothsteak
Tyrian
Secun
Will
Oni Zelkami
Arakune
Eddy
Win32error
Derb
Noodles
Quentin
Ataraxia
MasterOnion
1bighiccup
Chipou
Yamatsu
dcj91x
It's meh
Florenz
MasterSword
ShadowCeadeusDM324
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is a thread made so everyone can share what you think and speculate about the game.
Which monsters will be added?
Will there be new monsters?
New abilities?
anything?
Post it here
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:31 am

1bighiccup wrote:
Hallmark wrote:
They are really milking demon-Jho for all they've got. I, for one, am not complaining. That beast looks friggin' awesome.

As for the Switch Axe, it looks so much larger than any other Swaxe I've seen. Any reason for that you think?

It'll probably be utter bullshit. Note it costs 75000z to make. It's also probably not that big, due to hitboxes being the same for all weapons of the same type.

Would be cool if they would remove fixed hitboxes for weapon classes..
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:41 am

What... the HELL.

It kinda looks like Alatreon but... not. At all.

The area he's in looks like the Alatreon arena though... But a lot more watery. xD Commencing fanboy explosion.
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas

Thank you Points : 38

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:49 am

It looks a little like an Amatsu to me, but instead of stubby arms it has wings made of volcanoes.
Back to top Go down
Roik
Tigrex
Roik

Thank you Points : 156

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 11:55 am

After a long and extensive discussion in the chatbox, we have deduced that the new final monster is a seahorse.

Yup.
Back to top Go down
Florenz
Rajang
Florenz

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 am

Has anyone else noticed how well the water, fire and pretty much all graphics look?
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 am

Roik wrote:
After a long and extensive discussion in the chatbox, we have deduced that the new final monster is a seahorse.

Yup.

Correction - A Volcano Seahorse
Back to top Go down
Chagrilled
Chagrilled

Thank you Points : 34

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:01 pm

look at the seahorse, now back to me.

THE SEAHORSE IS NOW A SNAKE

also...i dont see how people can say "oh it looks like alatreon" when it looks nothing like it...
Back to top Go down
Roik
Tigrex
Roik

Thank you Points : 156

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Well. It does have a head, a neck, and wing-like appendages.
And people did say Lagiacrus was a rip off from Godzilla.

They have set a high bar of craziness that they need to maintain, you know.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:04 pm

A snake seahorse with wings wraped around a pillar that spits lava and uses its stubby wings to swim through the water..
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:25 pm

I think it's mostly the horns and how he coils his neck Cha.

And I can't believe I missed that discussion... xD

EDIT: Those molten markings are kinda reminiscent of the Rukodiora too. Not that it would actually be a Rukodiora, that would be silly. Just sayin' is all.
Back to top Go down
Noodles
Cephalos
Noodles

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:10 pm

For the record, you can see the tail coming o of the water behind it, so it could not be a seahorse...
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 3:20 pm

Seahorses have tails...
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 5:32 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Seahorses have tails...

shhhh. That's supposed to be a secret!
Back to top Go down
Florenz
Rajang
Florenz

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 6:31 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
I think it's mostly the horns and how he coils his neck Cha.

And I can't believe I missed that discussion... xD

EDIT: Those molten markings are kinda reminiscent of the Rukodiora too. Not that it would actually be a Rukodiora, that would be silly. Just sayin' is all.

I was thinking of Rukodiora too, but I'm pretty sure it'll be something else. We'll probably have to play the game to the end to know what it really is. I can't imagine Capcom telling us now after such a genius move. Everyone's excited about it Yes by vort.
Damn, I hope this gets a Western release.
Back to top Go down
Secun
Seltas Queen
Secun

Thank you Points : 40

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:01 pm

The head/neck reminds me of Lagiacrus. Could just be me, though.
Back to top Go down
Noodles
Cephalos
Noodles

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:31 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Seahorses have tails...

but they don't bend backwards...
MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 200px-Hippocampus
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:45 pm

There are other kinds that do. Look it up.

Also some talked about graphics before. 2 things off note. 1, this is not in game just cinamatics but yes it does look great. And two, hic and I mentioned it earlier on chat, with the 3D off you should expect basically better graphics than the PSP with the 3D off and with it on the graphics will be different and quite improved over what you would expect.

Last edited by dcj91x on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:01 pm

dcj91x wrote:

Also some talked about graphics before. 2 things off note. 1, this is not in game just cinamatics but yes it does look great. And two, hic and I mentioned it earlier on chat, with the 3D off you should expect graphics basically about the same as the PSP or a bit better (my assumption) but with the 3D on the graphics will be different and quite improved over what you would expect.

I doubt that, the 3D (Most games have shown this) would need some downgrades/cut-backs (Loss of AA, some frame rate jitters, etc.) It would look better, guaranteed, without 3D.

As of now, TriG looks better than Tri, which looks better than what the PSP games.

Where did you get your info about the graphics?
Back to top Go down
Noodles
Cephalos
Noodles

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:22 pm

dcj91x wrote:

I have, and they can't. Their tails are very prehensile otherwise, but the skeletal morphology won't allow it. Some juveniles can bend it in a steep backwards curve, but never in a backwards crescent as the monster is seen doing.

But, it is Monster Hunter, so who knows?
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Elder dragon speculation
Who knows. imo its a lao shan like monster. Shown in the opening. It will be like Lunastra in dos or Lao in MH that were shown but they wasn't the final monster... or it could be the other way around.
The area looks like the ocean of tanjia, the big pilars with fire, maybe we will foght it underwater in a strange jhen morhan style?
A big fire monster on water... we are only 10 days of the release, once the game comes out I may change this to: MH3G speculations results.
Back to top Go down
Noodles
Cephalos
Noodles

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:56 pm

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
Elder dragon speculation
Who knows. imo its a lao shan like monster. Shown in the opening. It will be like Lunastra in dos or Lao in MH that were shown but they wasn't the final monster... or it could be the other way around.
The area looks like the ocean of tanjia, the big pilars with fire, maybe we will foght it underwater in a strange jhen morhan style?
A big fire monster on water... we are only 10 days of the release, once the game comes out I may change this to: MH3G speculations results.

Nice observation about Tanjia. A new fortress battle, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:38 pm

It's meh wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

Also some talked about graphics before. 2 things off note. 1, this is not in game just cinamatics but yes it does look great. And two, hic and I mentioned it earlier on chat, with the 3D off you should expect graphics basically about the same as the PSP or a bit better (my assumption) but with the 3D on the graphics will be different and quite improved over what you would expect.

I doubt that, the 3D (Most games have shown this) would need some downgrades/cut-backs (Loss of AA, some frame rate jitters, etc.) It would look better, guaranteed, without 3D.

As of now, TriG looks better than Tri, which looks better than what the PSP games.

Where did you get your info about the graphics?

Most of the newer 3DS games do not lose frame rate with the 3D on. Also several games I own do look better in 3D than not 3D. But here is an article as well. http://www.nintengen.com/2011/09/monster-hunter-3g-new-gameplay-video.html

Also you have to remember each eye is being dedicated an image instead of it being shared. So yes, with the 3D on it will look better, better graphics, depth and a lot lot more. So it will look better with 3D guaranteed. Any other questions?

And just an added note games such as Tekken 3D for the 3DS run at 60 fps while the 3D is on. While no official estimate has been given yet other games have also been stated to equal and start improving upon this as well. Nintendo has also opened up its second chip set which I believe 3G uses as well which helps the graphics run better in 3D. Capcom has also bolstered on several occasions how well the 3D is in the game and how good it looks.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:11 am

dcj91x wrote:

Most of the newer 3DS games do not lose frame rate with the 3D on. Also several games I own do look better in 3D than not 3D. But here is an article as well. http://www.nintengen.com/2011/09/monster-hunter-3g-new-gameplay-video.html
I simply said that as an example of what was being challenged with the 3D effect on.

Quote :

Also you have to remember each eye is being dedicated an image instead of it being shared. So yes, with the 3D on it will look better, better graphics, depth and a lot lot more. So it will look better with 3D guaranteed. Any other questions?
Look better, sure it's a nice effect to look at.
But as far as overall visuals, there are cut backs, which is really what I'm talking about.

Of course, what looks better depends on the viewer..

Quote :

And just an added note games such as Tekken 3D for the 3DS run at 60 fps while the 3D is on. While no official estimate has been given yet other games have also been stated to equal and start improving upon this as well. Nintendo has also opened up its second chip set which I believe 3G uses as well which helps the graphics run better in 3D. Capcom has also bolstered on several occasions how well the 3D is in the game and how good it looks.
Yeah, I've heard about tekken.
Also about the power unlocking of the 3DS.
But that still doesn't say anything about what I've said...

The 3DS in 3D will produce the image twice, something will have to give to have it run well with no frame drop and give a damn similar performance as the 2D parts.

Looking at the 3D ps3 games, these cut backs are seen as well.
Back to top Go down
Excarius
Bnahabra
Excarius

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:20 am

Everyones talking about framerate and graphics while I wonder alone what all the new attacks of white lagi will be (other than the one attack we've seen so far).
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:22 am

Excarius wrote:
Everyones talking about framerate and graphics while I wonder alone what all the new attacks of white lagi will be (other than the one attack we've seen so far).
You are not alone i too am wondering about white lagi and all the other new subspecies, but mainly that new elderdragon thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MH3G speculations thread   MH3G speculations thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MH3G speculations thread
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next