Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Alatreon Help Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Alatreon Help Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alatreon Help

Go down 
+7
Ataraxia
dainbramage
Oron
eric89caon
Tiburon555
Slyffer
Lou Urau
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:41 pm

Um...I faced Ala last night with SkyScraper lance. I felt like an complete idiot because he was really fast and had a lot of power (Made it look like Jho was a plaything)

So I'm just really wanting to know what to use and bring.

I know he's weakest to Ice on Ground and Dragon when in Flight.
He looks to just as fast, if not less then, as Barioth. His attacks are powered up for sure.
I know to bring Flash bombs to get him out of flight. But I'm just wondering what do I need (Or need to get) so I don't look like an idiot on an Ala quest.
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Like you've observed, he's weakest to Ice when in ''Ground Mode''. If you have the Sabertooth (G) (I'm assuming you're confident enough with lances if you're bringing an Undertaker to the fight), I suggest bringing it. I don't really know enough about lances, in truth, to know an alternative to the Sabertooth lol (lances that aren't end-game, I mean), so someone else would have to help you out with that particular bit of advice.

As for items to bring....I bring something along these lines:
Book of Combo 1~3, 10xPotions, 10xMega Potions, 3xLifepowders, Power and Armor charms and talons , 5xCool Drinks, 2xMax Potions (I take the Stamina Up, Defense Up Large food option at the tavern for every Ala fight, so the first of these is to get my health up to max, the second is for a low health moment), 1xAncient Potion (for if I die; obviously, there are alternatives, not least using your other Max Potion to get back up to full health), 1/2xArmorskin (again, for deaths), 10xDragonfell Berries (also, it doesn't hurt to bring 10xFiredouse Berries, he never stops spitting fire), 10xWell Done Steaks, 20xWhetstones, 5xFlash Bombs and 10xFlashbugs and Bomb Materials for making more Flash Bombs if he manages to get into the air frequently. This is the shit I bring, obviously you can customise to your own specifics. If you're worried about draining your health supplies, bring materials for making more.

As for the fight....an Alatreon fight, for someone who doesn't know it very well, is a concentration fight; by this I mean, when you're halfway through an attack on him, you need to be thinking at that moment....is he about to attack? If he does, its gonna hurt if you're not out of the way. This is probably the most infamous monster in the game for ''two piecing'' (attacking you twice in a row, even if you're not the only one attacking him), a decent percentage of these two pieces ending in death for the target, as invariably, at least one of his two hit combo will be a fireball, often when you're about to get up and he finishes you off. So keep that shield up is my precaution, and don't rush in for attacks if you're not sure about it. I prefer my teammates on Ala hunts to be cautious rather than dead :P

1 or 2 other miscellaneous things; The Sacred Land has a high temperature, which means BRING COOL DRINKS :P seriously, it can be very frustrating that moment you realise you've forgotten them, and that frustration can lead to mistakes, and you can guess what mistakes lead you to. Another thing, there are two ''walls'' either side of the SL. For Clust Gunners, this is their domain. For normal fights, these are used to lure an Ala into them with his ''dragon charge'' (when he runs at you and he's illuminated in azure streaks of energy), which leaves his head open. I don't recommend using 'em.....a lot of people trying to lure the Ala into them will climb on top of them, rather than wait in front of them and dodge when he comes. Standing on front of them, if he ends his run early or does some sort of variation, will lead to the wall collapsing, and whoever's standing on them SEVERELY -explicit-deleted- up health-wise. So use with caution is my advice.

As for other advice, none springs to mind, but I'm sure you'll be attended quite quickly by our forum pros :P g'luck.
Back to top Go down
Tiburon555
Popo
Tiburon555

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 6:34 pm

smoke bombs can be nice only take one with u. stay away from the walls if you are having a hard time, not just the ones he can stick to all walls and egges. then the only other thing that comes to mind is time. you have plenty of it. there is no reason to fail 2 20min quest insted of 1 40min win.

what time do you play? i may be a little rusty but might could help u out with ala if ur introsted
Back to top Go down
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Slyffer wrote:
(I'm assuming you're confident enough with lances if you're bringing an Undertaker to the fight)

I have the SkyScraper, basically High Undertaker's evolved form.

Slyffer wrote:
As for items to bring....I bring something along these lines:
Book of Combo 1~3, 10xPotions, 10xMega Potions, 3xLifepowders, Power and Armor charms and talons , 5xCool Drinks, 2xMax Potions, 1xAncient Potion, 1/2xArmorskin, 10xDragonfell Berries, 10xFiredouse Berries, , 10xWell Done Steaks, 20xWhetstones, 5xFlash Bombs and 10xFlashbugs and Bomb Materials for making more Flash Bombs if he manages to get into the air frequently.
Thanks for the advice on items.

Slyffer wrote:

(I take the Stamina Up, Defense Up Large food option at the tavern for every Ala fight)
What is the combination for that in the food?

Tiburon555 wrote:

what time do you play? i may be a little rusty but might could help u out with ala if ur introsted
I get on about each day. Normally about 9pm Central time. I'm about to get on and raise my HR and finish my other quests for I level up and do the 5* urgent..

Now my next question is this.
What is the best weapons (In each weapon class) and what armor? That isn't end-game.
Back to top Go down
eric89caon
Rathian
eric89caon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:13 pm

lance: Sabertooth
GS: Seiglinde (P)
Hammer: Pulsating core, iron impact
SnS: Nardeboshe
Ls: Shadow Binder
Swax: demonbind

As for armor Lr rathalos is my favourite gemmed for AUL... What are you using now?
Back to top Go down
Tiburon555
Popo
Tiburon555

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:27 pm

Great Azure (lance), and Morpheus Knife (sns) are worth getting as well. even if you are not a fan of sleep bombing. it is worth it to be able to break his wing without a gunner in the room
Back to top Go down
Oron
Aptonoth
Oron

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:48 pm

If you've got the time, get the Sabertooth (G). High Undertaker/Skyscraper are alright. Aside from that, look into any of the ice or rust/ancient weapons. The Barbarian Blade "Sharq" and Great Inceadeus also aren't bad choices. I don't use status weapons against him, but I do see people using the Shadowbinder (P).

For armors, Bari/Bari+/Agna+ are good for the lance. Agna+ is probably better if you're having trouble keeping up with Ala anyway. For any other Blademaster weapon, Helios is handy for the HG Earplugs and Sharpness +1. Else, stick to that Barioth set of yours for the Evasion bonus.

Also, if you plan to use the lance against him, stick to his legs. Specifically, his hind legs. Learn his timing. You're always next to/under him so his dragon claw and leaping dive bomb are most likely to catch you off guard.
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:50 am

Tiburon555 wrote:
Great Azure (lance), and Morpheus Knife (sns) are worth getting as well. even if you are not a fan of sleep bombing. it is worth it to be able to break his wing without a gunner in the room

No.

If you want to break its wings, you bash it in the head with a hammer, then bomb its wings when it's KO'd. Or you bring a LS or SA and beat the crap out of its wings when it's tripped. You do not bring a piece of crap like great azure or morpheus knife along.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 6:38 am

dainbramage wrote:
Tiburon555 wrote:

No.

If you want to break its wings, you bash it in the head with a hammer, then bomb its wings when it's KO'd. Or you bring a LS or SA and beat the crap out of its wings when it's tripped. You do not bring a piece of crap like great azure or morpheus knife along.

This. I main lances and somehow someone coerced me into working towards a Great Azure. Not only is it not worth it, it's also a waste of mats and time.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:54 am

:3
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:40 pm

eric89caon wrote:
lance: Sabertooth
GS: Seiglinde (P)
Hammer: Pulsating core, iron impact
SnS: Nardeboshe
Ls: Shadow Binder
Swax: demonbind

As for armor Lr rathalos is my favourite gemmed for AUL... What are you using now?
I have Sabertooh (G)
Seiglinde (P)?? How is that any good against Ala?

Question: How will a Dragon hammer do any help when he's hurt more by dragon in FLIGHT mode.

I have Nardeboshe and Shadow Binder(P)

No demonbind...

Back to top Go down
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Oron wrote:
If you've got the time, get the Sabertooth (G). High Undertaker/Skyscraper are alright. Aside from that, look into any of the ice or rust/ancient weapons. The Barbarian Blade "Sharq" and Great Inceadeus also aren't bad choices. I don't use status weapons against him, but I do see people using the Shadowbinder (P).

For armors, Bari/Bari+/Agna+ are good for the lance. Agna+ is probably better if you're having trouble keeping up with Ala anyway. For any other Blademaster weapon, Helios is handy for the HG Earplugs and Sharpness +1. Else, stick to that Barioth set of yours for the Evasion bonus.

Also, if you plan to use the lance against him, stick to his legs. Specifically, his hind legs. Learn his timing. You're always next to/under him so his dragon claw and leaping dive bomb are most likely to catch you off guard.
I have the Ice Lance.
I have the Skyscraper also but can you hit Ala with a Lance? He looked high up when I saw him in the air for like 3 seconds before some flashed him.

I have my casual Barioth set. From what I know, all I have to watch our for his Fire attack on ground. On Flight, thunder. I avoided really all of his attacks the first time i saw him. And I didn't suffer any main attacks other then that stupid tail of his.

But I really like the Barioth for evasion because it helps SO much. But if I wear my Bari armor, should I use purely Lance or Bari's SnS?

I could wear Helios but I need to get the Seals for the Helios+ to avoid to bad effects.
Back to top Go down
Tiburon555
Popo
Tiburon555

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:59 pm

dainbramage wrote:
Tiburon555 wrote:

No.

post a video of u braking his wings with an sns and i will admit i am wrong. untell then ur underestimating the morpheus knife's worth. also keed in mind the thred stater is having a hard time fighting (no offence) but i would be willing to bet they dont have the xp to brake wings like u are sugesting. in fact i would be willing to bet 39/40 people can not.
Back to top Go down
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Stabster wrote:

Jho hammer has more raw power than ala hammer. It's main damage scales more from raw power than element damage. Weapons with poison aren't the best, but they can work. Saber tooth is the best type of weapon for sns and lance because they scale more from element damage. Sleep bombing (in groups of four) used to be an old way to kill ala. Jho gs is the best gs and sabertooth sa is the best sa for ala. Also, jho ls is the best ls for ala. Pretty much, the weapons from jho and barioth will help you a lot against ala. Gunner is a different story...
Alatreon Help Mhp3rd_dl_w04
If this was in the game, jho gs would still be the best gs against ala because it would have the highest raw power (for gs). Jho does a lot of damage for a reason...to make a very strong weapon.

So Jho Hammer mainly because of the high raw damage input?
Barioth's Lance/SnS because of the High Elemental damage it does on him when grounded.

I have the Baggi SnS and Lance but I dont used it alot...
Back to top Go down
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Stabster wrote:
Yup and yup. /yes/
Well I think Lancing is gonna save me.

Does it really matter on which I use to break his wings and cut tail? because what I know, the best way to get his horns is with Sleep or KO and then Bomb it. And since the first attack on a sleeping monster is 3x (From what I heard) I need to set a small bomb away from Ala but close enough to set off the L Bombs+.

Because in my first run, I really want to get the most out of it.

Other then that, the best sets are Helios and the Bari set? (Helios, between LR and HR to get the negative effects out)
Back to top Go down
Tiburon555
Popo
Tiburon555

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:24 pm

agna is not bad armer to get for ala. has raser sharp, gard +2 gard boost, and what not. prity much can block his fire balls and if u do get hit it is not such a problem. as a lancer it might be somthing to consider.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Having used Barioth Armor from HR 40-60 or so, I just want to say that its really not that great for Alatreon. His attacks are hard to dodge with evade+2. Most of the time, just getting out of the way is better. I suppose Barioth+'s evade dist up helps, but that fire res doesn't. One Backjump-fireball is going to spell trouble.

Honestly, I suggest overforged Agnaktor or Rathalos. Agnaktor if you are lancing, as Guard-Boost will let you block the fireballs. Otherwise, overforged Los is just a good set.

EDIT: By the way, Agnaktor+ does not have Guard boost. Its still a good set, better most of the time, but Alatreon is a special case.
Back to top Go down
Oron
Aptonoth
Oron

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Agna+ has plenty of slots. You could gem in Guard Boost.
Back to top Go down
Tiburon555
Popo
Tiburon555

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:04 pm

Godzilla2195 wrote:
EDIT: By the way, Agnaktor+ does not have Guard boost. Its still a good set, better most of the time, but Alatreon is a special case.

checked and you are indeed corect. i realy apreashiate u keeping me honest. thank you, and sorry to miss inform.

just to clarify agna+ skills are: guard+2, flaming aura, razer sharp and short sprinter. and has 9 slots
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:57 pm

Oron wrote:
Agna+ has plenty of slots. You could gem in Guard Boost.

With that in mind, this is probably the best set for lancing Alatreon for the first time.
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:01 am

Tiburon555 wrote:
dainbramage wrote:
Tiburon555 wrote:

No.

post a video of u braking his wings with an sns and i will admit i am wrong. untell then ur underestimating the morpheus knife's worth. also keed in mind the thred stater is having a hard time fighting (no offence) but i would be willing to bet they dont have the xp to brake wings like u are sugesting. in fact i would be willing to bet 39/40 people can not.

For one, you need to learn how to spell.

For two, please point out where I said hitting ala's wings with a SnS is a viable way to break them. There's a reason I mentioned LS and SA. They have attacks that don't bounce.

For three, if you bring a MK you are contributing ****-all to the fight. 2 sleeps doesn't count, especially when any semi-competent gunner could do that in 2 minutes, as well as paralyze it several times and then actually do a noticeable amount of damage.

For four, just because you are so incompetent that you can't break its wings without sleep-bombing doesn't mean that everyone else is too.
Back to top Go down
Tiburon555
Popo
Tiburon555

3DS friends code:

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:11 am

calm down bro it is not worth fighting over, now to address your comments...

1st this is no English paper, you don’t have be a jerk about it.

2nd the sns is relevant because it is what i use and was pointing out it is not reasonable to brake wings with an sns.

3rd. I can get 3/4 (more often 4) sleeps in not 2, meaning we get the wing and the horns with just a little work on the horns (usually)

4th looking for randies that are capable of braking wings is harder than you would think. I spent over a month doing that and in that time I only got 2/5 webbings and quit the game for a long period of time. With mk sleep bombing I got 5 webbings and 2 sky piercers within a week, and most of the times we broke the wings and horns was sole because of me using mk. how is being the reason we got the brakes not contributing? I will admit I am not doing my 1/4 the damage, but every randi appreciates the brakes more than the 1/4 of ala's life. I can tell that because they ALWAYS thank me after they get their webbing/ sky piercer.

And one more thing if you see mistakes please pm me them to me. I do try to work on my spelling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alatreon Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alatreon Help   Alatreon Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alatreon Help
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next