Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline MHFU edition

Go down 
+19
veryAnnoying@jay
Armoured Barioth
AzzraNoctul
Yuki
Arkenaw
sporktastic91
Tomderdepp
laoshanicrus
Dragsaw
GobulHunterJames
IBGenius
BoredForLife
ScienceJesus
kama
Deridor
InstaCakes
Lalo
GrashXL002
Win32error
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seems like there's still a lot of questions about MHFU around, which may be due to the (somewhat) lacking information on the wiki. So, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here, they'll be answered as fast as possible.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 1:54 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Nvm, I did a poison coating spam run and got the 2 I need.

And I needed them for the Sonic Bow II.

New question: how do I get hermitaur claws? Is it from daimyo or can I just get them from regular hermitaurs? I'm assuming regular hermitaurs because I've done a bunch of daimyo runs and no luck with getting them.

You get them from daimyo, gotta break his claws as much as you can though... I believe each claw gives a 50% chance to having one ore 2 in the rewards screen, so beat them to shreds!
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Why does Lunastra and Teostra still kick my ass when I'm beyond there rank?
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 8:38 am

IBGenius wrote:

Because you suck.

Just kidding.

Try to get a weapon with an elemental advantage (I forgot what their elemental weakness is).

Also get armour with VERY HIGH fire resistance.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Luna and Teo's weaknesses are Dragon and (when the flame aura is on) Ice. I personally use the Fire Dragonsword and upgrades thereof. Kushala Daora armour, by the way, is an AMAZING help against those two.
I don't reccomend gunning them, as their auras will somehow deflect most of your arrows/bullets. However, if you insist, take the Black Bow. Should help you out.

Any tips for the HR6 Fatalis? Me and my friend are at HR8, so those materials are available if needed. I'm working on an ESP set, or at any rate I can make Ceanataur Z using Dual Swords. I've only gunned him so far, repelling him once with Black Bow II + Narga S and my friend with the Narga LS and another solo with Lao Shan Cannon and my Autofire+Bullet Limit set (Death S gunner with Melahoa Flower Z helm). I also have both Ceanataur S sets at my disposition.

Edit: We killed Fatalis! I had a go at Crimson by myself just now with my Ceanataur S/Z mix (Sharpness +1 and Speed Sharpening) and the Hidden Ones, so I knew roughly what to expect. It all went fine (with much healing, part of the problem) until I hit Armour Mode. Bam, sharpness drains like heck, I suspect without dealing much damage, and of course he carts me for the second time. Since this wasn't really a serious attempt, I just retired.

Tips? With my Ceanataur set (totaling with the Armourcharm and Armourtalon 553 defense) a simple swipe drained about 2/3 of my health, so gunning it would be risky... I'm guessing Hermitaur Z would be a good choice due to its Guts skill. Any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:43 pm

IBGenius wrote:

Maybe because you either rusty on those two or you really never catch on to their attack pattern. These two are simple to me because i can predict their movements. that pretty much to it *Learn their movements.

Try to get a weapon with an elemental advantage (I forgot what their elemental weakness is). Its dragon then water if I recalled

Also get armour with VERY HIGH fire resistance
Nah i do not think that necessary, instead get armor with earplug, I find that useful....
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:32 pm

No one's answered my previous post yet. Am I going to have to make a topic just for Crimson Fatalis?

Tl;Dr: I had a go at Crimson Fatalis as Blademaster using Hidden Ones (Nargacuga Dual Swords, unupgraded) and a mix between Ceanataur S and Z. Most of my health got drained by him walking into me while I used the Demon Dance, and then I get stuck when he enters Rage. Tips?

Also, made Blue Blade Bow III with leftover materials after getting Ceanataur Z and finishing Under the Gaze of Heaven. Should I upgrade it to Carmine Bow or Showroom Model? (why the **** does it have that name? :scratch: )
And finally, with the Ceanataur Z set now complete, should I gem out Defense -40 completely or reduce it to -20 and add Speed Sharpening/other? (I can always use a 2-slot weapon, such as the Big Menacing Scythe)
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:16 pm

I would have answered your post but the problem is, My advice is probably not very good fatalis-wise. I myself could use Fatalis advice to be honest.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 4:35 pm

GobulHunterJames wrote:
I would have answered your post but the problem is, My advice is probably not very good fatalis-wise. I myself could use Fatalis advice to be honest.
Gun him. Made my life much easier as you won't have to constantly risk getting slammed by Fatalis' Snap 'n' Drag attack or just him squashing you...or walking into you for that matter. You can also break the wings, which are unreachable by Blademasters. Just watch for those fireballs...
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 am

Mr Stark wrote:
GobulHunterJames wrote:
Gun him. Made my life much easier as you won't have to constantly risk getting slammed by Fatalis' Snap 'n' Drag attack or just him squashing you...or walking into you for that matter. You can also break the wings, which are unreachable by Blademasters. Just watch for those fireballs...
Incase you didn't know, Fatalis is female. It's confirmed. You know how Lao-Shan-Lung was only running away from a Fatalis? Well it said on the wiki "She's chasing him". That confirms it.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 7:19 am

Remember that the wiki can always be edited by other people, not even necessarily a member of the Wikia network.
And if Fatalis is going to be in 3U, I seriously doubt they're gonna put enough detail between the legs for us to find out...and I hope they don't /no/

tl;dr, Fatalis could be male or female. Or maybe even both for all we know.
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 1:02 am

The hunter book things say she is chasing lao in the game.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:12 am

Doesn't confirm that every Fatalis is female, that one may have been female but the others may not be. So far I believe that only 3 monster species are confirmed female only, Rathian, Jaggia and Ludroth. (The royal ones are the males)
One last thing, the white Fatalis quest calls it the "King of Disaster", now I'm sure I've never heard of a female king.
Back to top Go down
Dragsaw
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 8:00 am

can some one tell my the main difference between a now and bowgun
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 8:44 am

I assume you mean bow and bowgun, bowguns use ammo and often deal more damage per shot than a bow, however bows are quick and don't have required ammo and can deal status damage along with its arrows with coatings.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 1:12 pm

i wuv heartshot bow!!!!!(fangirl squeeeeee!!!)
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 1:43 pm

Please add something to the conversation or get out. I may be blunt, but seriously, it's getting a bit out of hand.

That aside, I need some serious help with G-Rank Tigrex. I think it's just the fact that I've barely fought him, but I'm getting my ass handed to me on a golden platter.
I have full Ceanataur Z (580 defense? Tigrex doesn't give a damn), and the best Gunner's armour set I have would be either full Ceanataur S or Death Stench S + Melahoa Flower "Helm" Z, which gives AutoReload and Status Attack Up and room for another skill (such as Bullet Limit).

Oh, and to add my two cents to Dragsaw's question, the main difference I find is that Bows are nimble compared to Bowguns, being able to move while charging shots and having easy-to-use Coatings. For example, the Blue Blade Bow (Ceanataur bow) can use Power, Close Range, Poison, Sleep and Paint coatings, and has some pretty good Piercing, making it a good choice for Tigrex (especially if you add Paralysis Coating with some gemming). When you load a coating (/\ + O with bow drawn) you don't have to reload until you run out or switch type. It also uses Stamina as a substitute for ammo, using more of it the longer you charge your bow.

HOWEVER, Bowguns are a bit more versatile and complex, having a wider variety of ammo and much more varied compatibilities with ammo (for example, the Kut-Ku Counterattack and the Gaoren Orb are compatible with different ammo types, have different Recoil levels, etc), as well as being overall more powerful.
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 1:17 am

Why am I no longer able to get kirin quest from the village elder? He's pretty easy and I need to fight him again so I can get the materials to make true devil slicer.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 3:51 am

Kirin quest appears and vanishes at random, just do another quest until it reappears.
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 3:39 am

Damn Malchalite ore won't come to me. I only get like one every gathering quest.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 12:51 pm

did you try g rank gathering?
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Take the Low Rank Volcano gathering quests. G-Rank is probably not available to him yet if he's looking for Machalite.
Take the Leather set, gem as needed for gathering skills (gathering +2, speed gathering, spirit's/divine whim). Just take some herbs for healing and a good weapon that can kill a Melynx in one or two wallops.
You should gain a TON of Machalite and Iron Ore, and some Pokke Points to boot thanks to coal.

And no one hasn't answered my questions yet (G-Rank Tigger and Crimson Fatalis). I'm just gonna bail and make a topic about it.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:55 pm

IBGenius wrote:
Why am I no longer able to get kirin quest from the village elder? He's pretty easy and I need to fight him again so I can get the materials to make true devil slicer.

True devil slicer? Don't you mean normal devil slicer? I'm pretty sure you don't need Kirin parts for the true devil slicer, at least, low rank Kirin parts.
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:41 pm

You need kirin manes. Or was it thunderhorns.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:57 pm

IBGenius wrote:
You need kirin manes. Or was it thunderhorns.

No... I just checked the True Devil Slicer recipe, 10 carbalite ore, 20 dragonite ore, 4 thunder sac, 1 pale Khezu steak.
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 1:21 am

Now I still need a shit load of ores to make it Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline MHFU edition
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next