Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline MHFU edition

Go down 
+19
veryAnnoying@jay
Armoured Barioth
AzzraNoctul
Yuki
Arkenaw
sporktastic91
Tomderdepp
laoshanicrus
Dragsaw
GobulHunterJames
IBGenius
BoredForLife
ScienceJesus
kama
Deridor
InstaCakes
Lalo
GrashXL002
Win32error
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seems like there's still a lot of questions about MHFU around, which may be due to the (somewhat) lacking information on the wiki. So, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here, they'll be answered as fast as possible.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Chameleos : smoke bombs and a fire longsword.
Luna/Teo : Snow Venom dual swords and immunizer.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:02 pm

BoredForLife wrote:

You mean the fire dragonsword? Dragon element.

Snow venom... not sure that will work, I don't need the poison anyway, and Teostra isn't weak to ice.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:07 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
BoredForLife wrote:

Snow venom... not sure that will work, I don't need the poison anyway, and Teostra isn't weak to ice.

No I mean a fire longsword. As in fire. The element.

As for snow venom i find it really easy just to attack the sides with ice element (on both luna and teo) and then get them poisoned.

Now you could try using the guild sabers duals on teostra. And just throw some posioned knives on him to get the aura off.
You did make a thread for teo and luna didnt you?>
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:11 pm

BoredForLife wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:
BoredForLife wrote:

No I mean a fire longsword. As in fire. The element.

As for snow venom i find it really easy just to attack the sides with ice element (on both luna and teo) and then get them poisoned.

Now you could try using the guild sabers duals on teostra. And just throw some posioned knives on him to get the aura off.
You did make a thread for teo and luna didnt you?>

*facedesk*

I have Kushala armour!!! I don't have to worry about the aura! And Chameleos is weakest to dragon.

And what are the immunizers for?
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:18 pm

Oh right I should have asked my ass first about what armor you had.

Chameleos is weak to fire at chest , front legs , tail and head while he is weak to dragon on his wings. On the rest of the body he takes equal damage to both dragon and fire.

If i remember correctly , immunisers help you regenarate health faster. Meaning the red portion of the health bar fills up quicker.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:26 pm

BoredForLife wrote:
Oh right I should have asked my ass first about what armor you had.

Chameleos is weak to fire at chest , front legs , tail and head while he is weak to dragon on his wings. On the rest of the body he takes equal damage to both dragon and fire.

If i remember correctly , immunisers help you regenarate health faster. Meaning the red portion of the health bar fills up quicker.

That's what I mean, why would you need that? They don't regen very fast anyway.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:38 pm

They actually double the regeneration speed. So i'll go ahead and guess that they do regenerate fast. Believe me , if you dont have kushala armor and you keep attacking a leo you will need it to restore your red bar so you dont waste potions. Also faster regenaration means that if you go out of the aura with low green bar you will have higher probabilities not to get carted by a homing charge or an explosion.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:51 pm

BoredForLife wrote:
They actually double the regeneration speed. So i'll go ahead and guess that they do regenerate fast. Believe me , if you dont have kushala armor and you keep attacking a leo you will need it to restore your red bar so you dont waste potions. Also faster regenaration means that if you go out of the aura with low green bar you will have higher probabilities not to get carted by a homing charge or an explosion.

Ok... I heard the dragonbreaker (powerful dragon hammer) is good for Luna/Teo, thoughts?
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:59 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:

Ok... I heard the dragonbreaker (powerful dragon hammer) is good for Luna/Teo, thoughts?

No idea. I've never used a hammer on them.

Meh , just make it , it evolves into claw of doom which if i remember correctly is one of the best dragon hammers.
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:31 am

God. Have never used a hammer and now Imma start using it in the middle of the game. Please give me some tips before I start using it. I'm kinda of the guy who has solo'd most of the game and wants to start using new weapond besides longswords and greatswords.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:50 am

- Well, for attacks, the Superpound and the triple-pound are your friend. Aim for the head where possible (due to the KO status and most monsters are weak against impact damage on that spot anyway).
- Avoid using the side smash. It's pretty weak, and inflicts little KO status. I reckon its only use would be to flinch small mobs.
- Remember: When attacking with a hammer, you trip easily. Avoid straying near legs.

And I like to throw this into my playing style:
- I sometimes attack early from an angle, so when the monster turns he'll get bopped on the head by the second and/or third attack.
- Traps + Hammer = Ownage. Especially if they're Pitfall Traps.
- I like to use the Super Golfswing (the one you get from the Level 3 charge) for timed attacks, and the charge double-hit for a quick attack or to regenerate some stamina for a Superpound.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
- Well, for attacks, the Superpound and the triple-pound are your friend. Aim for the head where possible (due to the KO status and most monsters are weak against impact damage on that spot anyway).
- Avoid using the side smash. It's pretty weak, and inflicts little KO status. I reckon its only use would be to flinch small mobs.
- Remember: When attacking with a hammer, you trip easily. Avoid straying near legs.

- I sometimes attack early from an angle, so when the monster turns he'll get bopped on the head by the second and/or third attack.
- I like to use the Super Golfswing (the one you get from the Level 3 charge) for timed attacks, and the charge double-hit for a quick attack or to regenerate some stamina for a Superpound.

Super-pound is actually quite weak in freedom unite.

Last edited by GrashXL002 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:38 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Mr Stark wrote:

Look at the date of the post, I killed Lunastra and Teostra like a week ago.
Look at the post above Stark, he wasn't talking to you. /no/
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:33 am

does the skill "Bomber" also effect gun-lance shots and wyvernfire?
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:47 am

No, that'd be Gunnery King (15 points in Gunnery). And even then it's (in most cases) a weakish boost, 1.1 to be exact.
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:28 pm

I need to know the easiest way to get king scarabs and I think royal scarrabs.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:27 am

You probably mean Rare Scarabs. IIRC, they're G-Rank.
*checks Wiki*

Edit: You get King Scarabs from the Desert and Forest & Hills in High Rank. Rare Scarabs are G-Rank, and can only be found in Area 2 of the Volcano.
Or there's also upgrading the bug thickets.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:50 am

Mr Stark wrote:
You probably mean Rare Scarabs. IIRC, they're G-Rank.
*checks Wiki*

Edit: You get King Scarabs from the Desert and Forest & Hills in High Rank. Rare Scarabs are G-Rank, and can only be found in Area 2 of the Volcano.
Or there's also upgrading the bug thickets.

I've also managed to get king scarabs from the jungle (high rank).

Rare scarabs you can actually get from the bug tree if you use the golden hammer and time it just right, and I've found them in high rank, they're just more common in g-rank. But I'd suggest the bug tree, best way to get rare scarabs and even king scarabs.

The wiki must be lacking in info, because if you go area 4 I think (the area where it has that bridge to area 10, but only in certain quests), there's a bug gathering spot in the trees and if you gather there you should get about 2 king scarabs per run. But it has to be high rank.

If you do have G-rank though I would suggest doing G-rank gathering, but high rank is just an effective alternative if you're not quite G-rank yet.
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:37 pm

I now need a easy way to get poke points.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 8:03 am

Go to the Training School and begin the Combining Items quest (where the lesson in a nutshell is with the Combine menu you can make potions and a load of other stuff).

Grab the Herb, go to Area 3, get the Egg by searching the logs (if you decide to get the Blue Mushroom as well, don't combine it.) Head to Area 4 through Area 5, and go down the little ledges SLOWLY. Don't sprint. Once you're down the ledges, go to area 1 and back to base camp. Deliver the egg.
Rinse and repeat until satisfied.

My other method is to spam the Yian Kut-Ku Light Bowgun training. I can kill him in under a minute with just Rapid Fire Normal S Lv2 for an easy 1000z and several points.

The advantage of the Training School is that the monsters have less health (to compensate for you having less powerful armour), so the Yian Kut-Ku or other monster goes down quickly.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 10:07 am

Mr Stark wrote:
Go to the Training School and begin the Combining Items quest (where the lesson in a nutshell is with the Combine menu you can make potions and a load of other stuff).

Grab the Herb, go to Area 3, get the Egg by searching the logs (if you decide to get the Blue Mushroom as well, don't combine it.) Head to Area 4 through Area 5, and go down the little ledges SLOWLY. Don't sprint. Once you're down the ledges, go to area 1 and back to base camp. Deliver the egg.
Rinse and repeat until satisfied.

My other method is to spam the Yian Kut-Ku Light Bowgun training. I can kill him in under a minute with just Rapid Fire Normal S Lv2 for an easy 1000z and several points.

The advantage of the Training School is that the monsters have less health (to compensate for you having less powerful armour), so the Yian Kut-Ku or other monster goes down quickly.

Another way would be to do a snowy mountains gathering quest and bring a farcaster, 10 bomb material, and 10 exciteshrooms, and just spam Khezu Whelps.

As for training school, Gravios with the HBG, you can kill him fairly quickly and get quite a bit of points at the end.

Another suggestion, but only if you know your shiz, Kirin with the hammer. You can kill him in 2 minutes flat if you know your shiz.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 10:23 am

For Pokke points i usually do powderstone runs in the volcano. Just get a cat with health flute with you and maybe some running juice. Go to area 6 , gather at the black rocks on the ground and you will most likely get one or two. And you might get coal as well. So pokke points from those too.
Powderstone is 3000 pokke points btw.
Second to Dragon treasure+... So I guess its good to go for that.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:58 pm

How many pokke ticket+ can we get?
Back to top Go down
sporktastic91
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:29 pm

I read on the wiki that you can upgrade the # of equipment pages from the starting 8 up to 10. Wondering how to do that?? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos
Arkenaw

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:30 pm

sporktastic91 wrote:
I read on the wiki that you can upgrade the # of equipment pages from the starting 8 up to 10. Wondering how to do that?? Thanks!

Probably like any other game, with pages purchased from the vendor. Unlocked after meeting certain requirements
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline MHFU edition
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next