Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

Go down 
+85
Ken Kurobasa
Shindouz
A Drunk Ninja
Raptor98
Raecarmicheal
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Tarath
RupertKnight
Big Boss
Cambell
Armoured Barioth
PerfectHeaD
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Fazermint
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Ticky
Roik
Darklinghunter
Win32error
comaprison
evahnulahm
devilution
Will
Slyffer
ShadowCeadeusDM324
TheLaw
Craeme
opok8
Enkidu
CottonEyedJho
Sephastus
Chagrilled
haruno
frostymm
Evilpwner
Randomhunter
Edsain
Andy124
HaBa912
Jake Johnson
sakura808
Shepherd
Sir Tristen
IceMage88
enemy61390
Azurian
Saisei
PixelP
PAiN---
Yuki
Hawkfriend
Dragsaw
MasterOnion
elchele
kama
IBGenius
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
bill_the_noob
E&Troy
Traiaprax
Silverwind
Antari18
Outkin
Atalanta
Tirith
Volke
Sai_
flyingdingus
Snagglux
Gilgames
Quentin
Arkenaw
parasky
DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x
It's meh
TKMT
MHWF
Lalo
laoshanicrus
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 10:07 am

I have two questions.
(1) When fighting does the size of the monster have anything to do with how hard they hit?
I was fight the same monster, on really big and one really small, It seemed that the big one gave out more damage. Maybe it was just me getting hit more by slightly longer range attacks.

(2) Do monsters speed up in G rank?
I was doing the four monster Great Baggi and Lagombi quest and the G. Baggi was going nuts. I've never seen a monster move that fast. And later while fighting a Qurupecco it seemed to move pretty fast as well.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 11:55 am

A Drunk Ninja wrote:
I have two questions.
(1) When fighting does the size of the monster have anything to do with how hard they hit?
I was fight the same monster, on really big and one really small, It seemed that the big one gave out more damage. Maybe it was just me getting hit more by slightly longer range attacks.

(2) Do monsters speed up in G rank?
I was doing the four monster Great Baggi and Lagombi quest and the G. Baggi was going nuts. I've never seen a monster move that fast. And later while fighting a Qurupecco it seemed to move pretty fast as well.

1. Judging from the Deserted Island Dustup Mission, the G.Crown Arzuros and her cub, Momma Bear does hit ALOT Harder than Baby Bear, but at the same time I know because of Event Quests a monsters damage output can be altered to make them harder even in G Rank

2. Most Definitely, Its just one of those perks of being in G Rank, usually slow monster become fast, and usually fast monsters become imbued with the spirit of the Flash, be ready for Agnaktor's hip Check/Slide Attacks, because of his newfound speed timing the turn arounds is alot harder
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:47 pm

^
Thank you Daniel. I guess monsters don't make G Rank by being slow and pathetic. I'll have to get better I guess. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Just practice, you'll be surprised in a month or two how good you'll actually get, I used to be terrified of G Rank and would only do it online, now I dont think twice about hunting one or two 6* or even 7* quests by myself occasionally
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:43 pm

Thanks, I plan on practicing lots. I am finally getting around to learning to properly evade through attacks instead of evading to just get out of the way. I have done everything offline so far and I haven't had too much trouble with any of the 6 star quests except for green plesioth. I've been complaning on the hunting journal thread about that.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:18 pm

A Drunk Ninja wrote:
Thanks, I plan on practicing lots. I am finally getting around to learning to properly evade through attacks instead of evading to just get out of the way. I have done everything offline so far and I haven't had too much trouble with any of the 6 star quests except for green plesioth. I've been complaning on the hunting journal thread about that.
village 6 star is only highrank, in the port the star ranks are different. but you shouldn't have too much trouble, once you are through with low rank and highrank and grinded the mats for some armors and weapons you should be quite ready. though you will find yourself dreading a quest that doesn't seem that bad after all once you start it quite often

and about the baggi: he get's a lot faster, though he is one of the few monsters you'll actually realice how much they got faster most others aren't that bad
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Thank you Tomderdepp, I meant I'm already at the port 6 star quests. And thanks for the confirmation of monster speeds. Although all of the monsters are now faster, it's good to know that not all of them will be as spastic as G. Baggi. If G. Jaggi could stay alive long enough to move I might have seen this sooner.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:44 am

Be careful moving from GRank to the village, if your last mission was GRank and you take on Moga Woods, the Monsters will have g rank movesets, like Volvi's new tongue swing, G.Baggi and G.Wroggi's back step spit attacks, Plesi's sweep beam (unless Green is the only one that can do it never let those jerks live long enough to remember) and prolly most noticeable and sorta surprising is Zinogre's charged recovery move where he flips after being knocked over and his ability to combo his punches with several other moves
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:41 pm

Interesting. I'm learning all kinds of cool things. I guess I'll ask a few more questions.

(Summary statement) So following a G Rank quest with a trip to Moga Woods will allow the monsters to use a G Rank moveset.
(Questions) #1. If I do a high rank quest then go to Moga Woods will that "reset" the monsters to their normal move set?
#2. After a G Rank quest in Moga Woods are the monsters High Rank strength with G Rank moves, or basicly G Rank strength?
#3. Would day and night affect this phenomena?

Thank you for your patience and willingness to answer my questions.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:48 pm

1. Yeah that'll "reset" it, but also I'm not sure how long it last, it may be until you reset it, or it could be a one time thing, as in it resets itself after the one trip

2. I believe they're High rank strength, just have G Rank Movesets, I've never had huge problems fighting them in full G Armor (which in G I still get hit hard) Just been surprised by sleep dances from Pecos, tail whips mid combo from Zin, etc

3. I'm not sure, I've only ever run into it at night, but I rarely go out during the day (so much so that I dont have most of the day commodities registered for the award on my card) 

And no prob, any hunter willing to ask questions and pull themselves from noobdom is a godsend
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 8:36 am

What's a good LR Heavy Bowgun for the Ceadeus? I've pretty much gone through the whole village using the Tropeco Gun and upgrading it. I was thinking about the Lagia HBG but the problem is it requires Lagi Tails, which I can't get since I'm using HBGs only.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:18 am

Pink Rathian one is very nice..
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 11:19 am

Lucas wrote:
Pink Rathian one is very nice..
Problem with that, it isn't Low Rank.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:41 am

is there a quicker/efficiant way to farm goldbeard?

so far its going so slow i may die of old age
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 5:54 pm

laoshanicrus wrote:
is there a quicker/efficiant way to farm goldbeard?

so far its going so slow i may die of old age

I have heard that HBG and pierce/normal shot 2 or 3 kind of destroys him. I watched a video today where only two people flinch locked him until he died, and in only like five minutes, properly equipped of course. It's worth looking into, especially if you get to the point where you sell everything and make tons of money each run.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:41 am

A Drunk Ninja wrote:
I have heard that HBG and pierce/normal shot 2 or 3 kind of destroys him.
It really does lol
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:19 pm

How stronk do weapons have to be to outdamage the cannons/ballistae in Jhen battles these days? High rank Jhen is a joke at the best of times, but I'm seeing a lot of people comparable or better weapons than me using the ship's weapons a lot; as opposed to Tri where you'd get a Jho or Ala weapon and just melee his legs til he dies.

Also apparently the figure of 8 on SWAX is now the best move it has in terms of DPS? Capcom pls
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 6:01 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
How stronk do weapons have to be to outdamage the cannons/ballistae in Jhen battles these days? High rank Jhen is a joke at the best of times, but I'm seeing a lot of people comparable or better weapons than me using the ship's weapons a lot; as opposed to Tri where you'd get a Jho or Ala weapon and just melee his legs til he dies.
High Rank Jhen in MH3U:
Spoiler:

G Rank Jhen:
Spoiler:
Also, it's bad to just attack Jhen's arms in the Final Showdown. Attack the belly.

Ataraxia wrote:
Also apparently the figure of 8 on SWAX is now the best move it has in terms of DPS? Capcom pls
imo it has gotten MUCH stronger than the figure 8 in Tri. It was pathetic and a waste of time back then, but it can be used now, especially since you can go from figure 8 to Overhead swing.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 6:43 pm

Spoiler:

Yeah...
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 3:27 am

Antari18 wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah...
I am impressed. o.o
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:09 am

Antari18 wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah...
And here I was happy on Tri that I could beat a Low Rank Rathian with the Epitaph Blade by doing the side and up slashes at its head and it didn't get to move.
*< is now broken*

xD
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 10:03 am

Antari18 wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah...

That was awesome. The Rhenoplos was just chillin' watching the show.
Some time ago someone posted the damage values for each weapon. I seen the multiplier for the figure eight for switch-axe changed. It was immediately put into my repertoire of attacks. I thought I heard that the class multiplier was lowered as well, can anyone confirm this?
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 10:43 am

GobulHunterJames wrote:
Antari18 wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah...
And here I was happy on Tri that I could beat a Low Rank Rathian with the Epitaph Blade by doing the side and up slashes at its head and it didn't get to move.
*< is now broken*

xD

well epitaph blade is only HR this is a G-rank SA. so if you do the same thing with the Epitaph eternal (fully upgraded g-rank version) or a better weapon you should get way better results ;).
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 2:21 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:
GobulHunterJames wrote:
Antari18 wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah...
*< is now broken*

xD

well epitaph blade is only HR this is a G-rank SA. so if you do the same thing with the Epitaph eternal (fully upgraded g-rank version) or a better weapon you should get way better results ;).
GobulHunterJames wrote:
And here I was happy on Tri that I could beat a Low Rank Rathian with the Epitaph Blade

/brow/
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 4:32 pm

TKMT wrote:
Tomderdepp wrote:
GobulHunterJames wrote:
Antari18 wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah...
*< is now broken*

xD

GobulHunterJames wrote:
And here I was happy on Tri that I could beat a Low Rank Rathian with the Epitaph Blade

/brow/
yeah but what i'm saying is that this is a different game. thought it was kinda obvious so i forgot to point it out. but i know what you mean ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
Page 38 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next