Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)

Go down 
+50
blackice
Hashbrowns
jetavian
BoredForLife
Tomderdepp
Nephthys
AzureRaven
Tyrian
Deridor
tempacc
Shadowsns
oeon
Big Boss
Frohze
Snagglux
Gattai
ThatMysteriousNinja
1bighiccup
Locrin
Armoured Barioth
Tarath
Lucas
Ataraxia
kriss1989
haruno
St. Huck
sipax
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Yamatsu
Roon
Thor
AnimeAlex
Wishmaster
ghostwind101
X Kitsune X
Polar_Ukanlos
buggin
Jezzfezz
Kanade
AveZak
Phazon Xenomorph
Tigrex Blade
Shiera
Gian
blackheart
RG
Jojozityjo
nasalsniper312
Eddy
Chipou
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Chipou
Kecha Wacha
Chipou

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well since people like yelling at me when i post stupid questions in the Tri's SQH about Unite, i decided to make one here...since i figure people are more likly able t o answer anyways.

ok ill start out. how do i get top grade red horns from monobloses? and whats its rate?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Big Boss
Yian Kut-Ku
Big Boss

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:01 am

Salutes
Thanks Deridor and Yamatsu for your help. I've decided what I want to make, now I just need to make it. Not sure how I'm gonna get the Heavenly Lao scale, but I'm gonna try. I also must say that it took me around 250 plus hours give LS a chance again after I found out they don't have the side slashes. I'm still getting used to it, but I'm glad I picked up the weapon again.

Its been an honor, gentlemen. Returning to base. (Yay MGS!)
Back to top Go down
Tyrian
Felyne

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: I know it's a while off..   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:23 pm

but would it be prudent to plan ahead to get Lava X armor? I like the idea of having both Guts and Focus with a bow.
Back to top Go down
Armoured Barioth
Jaggi
Armoured Barioth

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:06 am

Just wodering, can anyone give me a good mixed armour set for a GL at High Rank? I'd like to have skills like Guard +2, S+1, Gunnery King and so forth. Also, what GLs do you reccomend in general?
Back to top Go down
Wishmaster
Aptonoth
Wishmaster

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:30 am

I am walking around with hermitaur U, but doubt thats the greatest set to have (no gunnery king, lots of guard thingies and gemmed for autoguard).

And best GL. I think depends on weakness of the target. Still have to get online to farm silver rath for the gunchariot (dragon ele?), but i also have lunar thingy for fire, and one for thunder damage (or if silver rook is the thinder one, dunno which i have for the dragon ele). Need loads of plessy fins for the water one, so still saving up for that one

but i think most people want the popcorn's second form as best overall, i think. At least, thats what i read sometimes. If anyone else got something to correct or add, please do, cause i rely on GL a lot when solooing ;)
Back to top Go down
AzureRaven
Seltas
AzureRaven

Thank you Points : 25

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:46 am

Well, I suppose I have a fairly stupid question. As someone who started with Tri and is starting out now in Freedom 2 and Unite...(On Blangonga)...I'm used to Tri like...a LOT. So my trusty switchaxe is MIA for this game, the hit boxes are none too kind and all I seem to be able to do half the time is use the Bow and keep my distance. Any tips for what a good melee setup might be for me to get the hang of things?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/SilverJin02
Wishmaster
Aptonoth
Wishmaster

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:40 am

*lol*

hard to say. I love hammer, but a lot love long sword. For blademaster start with (i think hunter set). Its buyable set with some nice bonuses at least, then switch to ceanataur once you kill/farm shogun

Wanna be safe, then get hermitaur set and get a lance or gunlance. Though no guarantee you will get kills if damage output is to low at first.

If you are fast, sword and shield are nice to. hit and run, hit and run. Dual swords are cool, but lose sharpness faster then you can say spiritdance

for blangonga.. well.. my first kill/capture was with kutku hammer i think (or the upgrade, kutku pick) but had him sleeping around 45minutes and captured it, Fire weapons are best though i think
Back to top Go down
Nephthys
Cephalos
Nephthys

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 2:51 am

AzureRaven wrote:
Well, I suppose I have a fairly stupid question. As someone who started with Tri and is starting out now in Freedom 2 and Unite...(On Blangonga)...I'm used to Tri like...a LOT. So my trusty switchaxe is MIA for this game, the hit boxes are none too kind and all I seem to be able to do half the time is use the Bow and keep my distance. Any tips for what a good melee setup might be for me to get the hang of things?

Like you, I started with Tri and now I'm playing Unite. I thought the same with the hitboxes and it was difficult to get used to the controls (i.e.: the claw). I find this game very solo friendly and (depending on the situation) a little easier. I mained SAxe in Tri, so I was lost as to what melee weapon to use. Against my better judgement, I chose LS and I'm loving it (soloed all the way to HR with LS). Granted, you should never pigeon-hole yourself into one weapon, so I picked up hammer and HBG as well.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 4:14 pm

is it possible to pretranq monsters in MHFU like in MH3?
Back to top Go down
Tarath
Deviljho
Tarath

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:41 pm

So, I'm thinking of taking up the bow, and helping my friend rank up with it. Any tips for armour sets, or endgame bows?
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Ehmm so... I fought against Lunastra and she fled. The quest was cleared and i took the rewards... when i got back to the village elder the quest was cleared over there as well.... Then i went after chameleos and the same happened with him , fled , quest cleared , rewards... But when i go to the village elder , the quest is not cleared... Why is that? /sad/
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:27 pm

To BoredForLife: Was the quest that you didn't clear in a different area from where you first fought Chameleos? You are capable of fighting him in the swamp and forest and hills, so that would explain it.

Also, does anyone know how to kill high rank, guild ash lao solo? I finnished unlocking most Nekhot quests (not going to fight Akantar with a lance/gunlance till I get better armor) so guild is the only thing left for me to do.
Back to top Go down
Locrin
Aptonoth
Locrin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:58 pm

@jetavian: Pick up a Smolder Dragonsword and use your Ceanataur S set (that I assume you already have). Bring 4 combination books, a farcaster, 10 bomb materials, 10 exiteshrooms, 2 LBB+, 3 LBB, 3 scatterfish, 4 SMB+, at least 1 power or mega juice, and then as many potions, charms/talons and seeds as you think you'll need, leaving at least 3 empty slots in your inventory.

Pick up the dragonbombs and barrel bombs, and make sure to leave the balista shots. Run straight over to the rack and pick up as many balista shots as it'll allow you to. Head out into area 2 and place LBB+'s right where his face will be in a minute, then blow him up. Use the supply barrel bombs and blow him up again. After that start whaling on his stomach until you reach the ramp, run up and drop your dragonbombs on his back, keep whaling. Farcaster once he reach the end.

Combine new LBB+'s and a new farcaster, then bomb his face again in area 3. Keep whaling until you need to use your farcaster.

Combine your last LBB+ and a new farcaster, and bomb his face one last time in area 4. (Optional) Whale on him until you reach the ramp, then run up it, wait for him to stagger, then jump down and keep whaling (I find I get more free hits in in that time than I would in the same timeframe in area 5). Use farcaster at the end.

Combine a new farcaster, use your power/mega juice, pick up a cannonball and run towards area 5 to wait for him. When you can see his neck and beginning of his back, fire the cannonball, then start shooting his back with the balista till the scale on his back blows off. When you're out of shots, farcaster and pick up the ones in the box. Combine a new farcaster, then run back to area 5 and empty the balista shots in his face. When you're out of shots again, jump down and start chopping at his stomach. When he's standing up, farcaster and run back to use the dragonator on him. Then just keep hitting him untill he's dead.

Killed the G-rank Lao with the same tactic and sword on the first attempt. Hope it helps and that I didn't make any critical errors.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:31 am

jetavian wrote:
To BoredForLife: Was the quest that you didn't clear in a different area from where you first fought Chameleos? You are capable of fighting him in the swamp and forest and hills, so that would explain it.

Also, does anyone know how to kill high rank, guild ash lao solo? I finnished unlocking most Nekhot quests (not going to fight Akantar with a lance/gunlance till I get better armor) so guild is the only thing left for me to do.

well acually that was the first time i fought chameleos and it was in the forest and hills
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 6:57 am

another question.
where do I get the fastest "phantombutterfly"? except of the farm
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Thanks, though I just went at it with the high rank Silver Los gunlance and won anyway. I'll use those tips for the G-rank one though.

Okay, and the quest you have now, is it in the swamp instead of the forest and hills? If so, then it says that quest wasn't cleared since you never fought Chameleos in that area.

EDIT: This is a question to all lance/gunlance users of Freedom Unite. I almost always use lances or gunlances in fights, but I've been tanking at that isn't the best strategy against most monsters in FU. So, I was wondering how I could improve on how I play. Also, I've been wanting to become better at evading, since I can even dodge a Ceanataur swipe or a tail whip, any advice on how I could improve on this, or a high rank armor set that would be beneficial to me?
Back to top Go down
Hashbrowns
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:08 am

@jetavian: Did you mean you can or can't hop through swipes? Because if you can, then you're already pretty good at dodging.

This guy does a good job of explaining the MoI and gives some good examples with each weapon. High-Rank Narga gives evade distance+ and evade+2 but it isn't the only high rank armor with those skills.
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:51 am

That was a typo, I'm very bad at evading, especially against tail whips (which, from what I've seen, are apparently the easiest ones to dodge.) And this is why rathian and the bloses are the banes of my existance in Freedom Unite.

I have already seen many videos on evading attacks, but my problem is the timing, especially in the moment of the hunt, like just after Diablos resurfaces and does the double tail whip, or evading a Plesioth hip check when the recovery time isn't fast enough for me to block. It's at these, critical moments that evading fails me and make me a poor hunter.

Are there any others besides Narga, just for elemental resistance variety?
Back to top Go down
Hashbrowns
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 1:28 am

@Jetavian: Sorry it took a week. I can't think of any off the top of my head. I know there are numerous online armor makers that show you armors with the skills you want. I'd do a google search. When you have evade +2, rolling through attacks becomes easier so you won't need the elemental resistance. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 2:32 am

I finally beat the hr6 black diablos (TDS forever!), but need some help with black grav.

I know piercing weapons are great vs ol' grav, but i've seen most people using water s. I know water s acts as a piercing shot.

So... is Water s better than pierce s lv2? The reason i ask this is because king lobster gun is (atm) harder to obtain than silver spartacus, both of which rapid fire the above respective bullet. Silver spartacus looks to have higher raw damage, which could effect the final power when considering the ammo.

King lobster gun+water s OR silver spartacus+pierce lv2? (id likely take both ammos, along with other ammo, but this just pertains to the rapid fire ammo)
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 4:45 am

Deridor wrote:
I finally beat the hr6 black diablos (TDS forever!), but need some help with black grav.

I know piercing weapons are great vs ol' grav, but i've seen most people using water s. I know water s acts as a piercing shot.

So... is Water s better than pierce s lv2? The reason i ask this is because king lobster gun is (atm) harder to obtain than silver spartacus, both of which rapid fire the above respective bullet. Silver spartacus looks to have higher raw damage, which could effect the final power when considering the ammo.

King lobster gun+water s OR silver spartacus+pierce lv2? (id likely take both ammos, along with other ammo, but this just pertains to the rapid fire ammo)
black gravios is the one monster where elem > raw on its weakpoint. On its exposed belly water becomes a ROFL 90 hitzone. Water S conveniently pierces to that hitzone. Pierce is in all honesty quite terrible against black gravios since it takes forever to break its stomach with pierce lawls.

Take w/e rapid fires water S with autoreload/evade+2 and ur invincible.

Range > melee without a doubt
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:07 am

haruno wrote:
black gravios is the one monster where elem > raw on its weakpoint. On its exposed belly water becomes a ROFL 90 hitzone. Water S conveniently pierces to that hitzone. Pierce is in all honesty quite terrible against black gravios since it takes forever to break its stomach with pierce lawls.

Take w/e rapid fires water S with autoreload/evade+2 and ur invincible.

Range > melee without a doubt

Range vs melee depends on the monster for me :P as obviously i couldn't beat it with the pellet method (i used tankmage+ and more pellet s3 than i needed and couldnt kill it in time!)

Thanks for the help though /yes/
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:58 am

what does the G in G-rank mean?
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:46 pm

The G stands for great. Great rank. might sound strange, but it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:43 am

I just looked it up and it means gold rank
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:40 am

^ I've heard tales of it being "Generation" rank, but how about we leave it as "What the hell was Capcom thinking when they named it, are they TRYING to confuse people who know English?" rank?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next