Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Roik
Tigrex
Roik

Thank you Points : 156

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Page 3 Empty
PostThe Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Page 3 The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Feature

Why is there no thread of this?

Oh well.

Skyrim is the newest game of the Elder Scrolls series of Bethesda Softworks.
The Elder Scrolls games are Action RPG's set in a huge world offering a very large amount of quests.

Well, look up some trailers and gameplay and stuff. It's worth getting. Release is in 7 days, on 11/11/11.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim :: Comments

Ultimate Jaggi
Re: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:52 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
Pierce708 wrote:
I used to play Skyrim, then I took an arrow to the knee.

exactly.
what systems is this for? thinkin of gettin it
Roik
Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:03 pm by Roik
Skyrim is on the PC, PS3, and 360.

However if you have a good PC, get it on the PC.
Why? Because mods.

The good mods haven't started yet because Bethesda has not released the Creation Kit yet but just have a look at all the various mods for Morrowind and Oblivion to get an idea of how huge the modding community is and how glorious the mods will be.
Roik
Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:14 pm by Roik
My epic battle.

Me and Lydia had just set out from Riverwood on our way to Rorikstead to turn in that traitor Saadia. As I was swimming across the lake (can't be arsed to take the road to Falkreath), I heard a dragon's roar. I swam up, looked around, no dragon. "Must be my imagination", I said. I swam further to the shore, and I heared it again. And again. There had to be a dragon near.

So I walked around the mountains continueing on my way to Rorikstead. That was when I saw it. The dragon. But it wasn't just any dragon. It was ALDUIN! The big daddy himself. And he was in the middle of reviving one of his comrades, Vuljotnaak! I did what any inexperienced Dovahkiin would do: Hide and shit my pants.

As I sat there and hoped that Lydia would catch up (she fell behind again, damn it), I watched Vuljotnaak rise up from his grave and regain his flesh. Alduin flew away after exchanging some words with his newly revived brother and then I finally heard Lydia catching up.

This is our chance. Time to fight.

Me and Lydia start firing arrows at Vuljotnaak like it's going out of style. But oddly enough, he was not focusing on us. He was attacking something in the distance! It was one of the Khajiti caravans. Those poor sods keep showing up at the wrong place at the wrong time. But I would not let Vuljotnaak take any of these cats. They don't deserve to die. We kept firing arrows at the dragon, the Khajiti firing spells of their own, fighting valiantly as if they were true Nords themselves. Vuljotnaak swooped down at me, but I greeted him with a Firebreath to the face.

Finally we bring him to the ground. We all charge in, weapons drawn. I hoped that the Khajiti would be okay, none of them have died thus far. But luckily, we manage to bring the foul Vuljotnaak down, just moments after he was revived by Alduin. And me, the Dragonborn, made sure that he stayed down for good. The Khajiti stood there in awe as I absorbed the dragon's soul. I counted heads. We all survived.

Ri'saad then happily bought the Dragon Bones and Scales. We parted ways, each to our own goals. But this moment has bound us together forever.

Comrades in arms.

Dragonslayers.

The aftermath:
Spoiler:

Moral of the story: Screw fast travel

Also posted it on Reddit/Skyrim

Last edited by Roik on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:21 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spoiler tags and typos. Plural of Khajit is Khajiti.)
Tarath
Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:33 pm by Tarath
Getting Skyrim tomorrow.
AzureRaven
Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:44 pm by AzureRaven
Fire-lord Zuko wrote:
Getting Skyrim tomorrow.
Have fun, it's a phenomenal game, imo.

I've got my Khajit, dual blades and(recently switched to) light armor. Only lvl 24, but I've got 100 smithing and that dragon armor w/ dual Daedric Swords, all legendary boosted with a blacksmith potion...once I get my One handed high enough for that 50% power attack boost, I doubt anything can stop me. >:3

Got plans for a Nord specializing in battleaxes with a magic&shield back up combo and heavy armor. I'll lack the magicka regen of a robe a pure mage might have, but it should still work pretty well.

God I loves me some Skyrim.
Jojozityjo
Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:10 pm by Jojozityjo
Fire-lord Zuko wrote:
Getting Skyrim tomorrow.

dang you too, im so left out here DX lol
Chagrilled
Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:57 pm by Chagrilled
pic of my ass. oh i think there's some night sky too but, dat ass!

Spoiler:

pic of me being trolled Sad by vort

Spoiler:
Florenz
Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:09 am by Florenz
i should be gettin it monday Yes by vort
Black Rain
Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:34 am by Black Rain
I accidently killed lydia. I miss her.

Does anyone know if theres a way to ressurect your dead comrads.
Frohze
Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:33 pm by Frohze
You can use console commands to ressurect her on the pc, or you can go to a previous save in which you have not killed her yet.
Roik
Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:57 pm by Roik
There is also a mod called Housecarl - Wear Anything that also has options to set them as "Essential" and thus make them unkillable. I have this and it's nice. I don't have to worry constantly about accidentally killing Lydia (now Iona) and she still does the "Drop to knee" thing which causes monsters to ignore her so her getting to a low HP still has consequences.
MikeTR
Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:09 am by MikeTR
Roik wrote:
I made some screenshots today. It was fun.

Spoiler:

My new wallpaper

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Beautiful just beautiful and at night i'm gonna steal ur pc. You've been warned.
I WANT SKYRIM DX I want it so bad my brain bleeds
Florenz
Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:45 am by Florenz
I've been playing since yesterday. I'm almost level 2. It's not alot but I'm a slow starter, been struggling with some really simple things at the start ^^ xD
xMorningstar
Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:53 pm by xMorningstar
I actually might try this out. I've heard alot of great things about this but i dont know if i should get it. I wanna make sure i do before i get it. Was wondering if i could ask you guys who have been playing it if i would be into it? Think i would? Im like into Minecraft(basically anything first person actually) and a deep story to it. Apparently there was games before it, would i need to play them to understand a storyline in skyrim? Do they connect? Thx xP
WinNerd
Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:15 pm by WinNerd
Takemikazuchi wrote:
I actually might try this out. I've heard alot of great things about this but i dont know if i should get it. I wanna make sure i do before i get it. Was wondering if i could ask you guys who have been playing it if i would be into it? Think i would? Im like into Minecraft(basically anything first person actually) and a deep story to it. Apparently there was games before it, would i need to play them to understand a storyline in skyrim? Do they connect? Thx xP

They have some connections, but none are vital to understanding the game, it's mainly just references to earlier games.

I've never played any of the earlier TES games, and I've gotta say that all you get for playing those is more backstory :P
Tarath
Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:37 pm by Tarath
Why is a quick attack impossible to use in combat?

I'm literally hammering the left mouse button, and NOTHING. Explain.
Roik
Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:40 pm by Roik
You won't know what The Oblivion Crisis was about unless you have played Oblivion and the entire Prophecy of the Dragonborn will sound like gibberish to you. It references lore from both Morrowind and Oblivion.

You can read up on lore with the in-game books if you care, though. And I do recommend reading them. Some are really interesting.
xMorningstar
Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:59 pm by xMorningstar
Thx Win and Roik, very helpful. Also Zuko thankyou with the warning for saying it runs on ur pc with 3 fps lol. Mine should handle it.. i hope

MikeTR
Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:08 pm by MikeTR
Roik wrote:
You won't know what The Oblivion Crisis was about unless you have played Oblivion and the entire Prophecy of the Dragonborn will sound like gibberish to you. It references lore from both Morrowind and Oblivion.

You can read up on lore with the in-game books if you care, though. And I do recommend reading them. Some are really interesting.

That's one thing i love in TES, the lore of the books you can read inside the game is just mindblowing, it's perfect. TES pwns
Roik
Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:15 pm by Roik
Oh and considering the performance issues some people are having, try this:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1321657-tesv-acceleration-layer-offers-cpu-optimization-massive-possible-performance-increases-now-in-skse-plugin-format/

You will need SKSE for that plugin, link can be found in that post.
Chagrilled
Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:03 pm by Chagrilled
Spoiler:

that is all.
Valdast
Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:23 pm by Valdast
AUGH! I WANT SO BAD! But no computer I have access to can run it, and I want the modding support....
Ukyn1993
Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:24 pm by Ukyn1993
Takemikazuchi wrote:

The entire prophecy is actually laid out through out the entire elder scroll series.
1) the shattering of the Staff of Caos (Elder Scrolls: Arena)
2) the apperance of Numidium (Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall)
3) The volcanic Red Mountain (Elder Scrolls: Morrowind)
4) the opening of the Oblivion Gates (Elder Scrolls: Oblivion)
5) civil war in skyrim (happening as skyrim begins)

You could read the lore from the books in the game, or you could at the very least play oblivion. The others if you would like to play them are probally out there somewhere, you could probally get morrowind from gamestop or ebay.

Source for my information: GameInformer
Jojozityjo
Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:08 pm by Jojozityjo
im convinced skyrim hates me >,>

every where i turn at my low levelness, which, now im 14, theres trolls, mammoths, giants, saber cats, bandit chieftins, master vampires, flood armies, all out to kill me x.x
heck once i ran into a big bear, so i back up, theres a dragon now, well crap, run around hope they fight, a bandit shows up now, oh come on! Now im fighting all three of them, the dragon mauled the bandit and now a giant spider comes out of no where and im just running around, screaming for my life, casting heals.
Ended up, the dragon offed the bandit, the bear off the dragon, the spider offed the bear, and i offed the spider XD
Ares
Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:11 am by Ares
What are you guys' specialties? Mine ares archery, one-handed, sneak, block, light armor, enchanting, nd smithing.
Post  by Sponsored content

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next