Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix

Go down 
+39
WyvernGS
Un-Tan
Chips
XenonFrost
Applejho
evahnulahm
TheLaw
A Drunk Ninja
Ken Kurobasa
Phenica
Ataraxia
BoredForLife
Kurtz
th8827
X Kitsune X
Jojozityjo
dcj91x
Lucas
Crystalis
MHWF
Antari18
TKMT
Raptor98
E&Troy
Firpi
Verity19
Azurei
Samochan
PAiN---
kama
Lagiacrus the ultimate
InstaCakes
Roon
Phazon Xenomorph
Sephastus
yvz
Quentin
Gian
MetaMarx
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Generic thread that appers in every subforum! Hooray!

Tell us about what you did in the game even if it's boring and doesn't make for an interesting post!

Did something shitty happen? There's another thread for that ya dingus!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 3:29 pm

Our spirits to your teachings.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Confession: debating changing mounting yell to Je Suis Mont as a joke.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 4:07 pm

Crystalis wrote:

oohh you guys.... TrollJho TrollJho
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 4:44 pm

i got gogmazios gunner armor finally, perfect for that Sacred Bow and it's ability to use every status! Spent forever thinking of what to gem in, running into a lot of walls due to lack of materials and lack of awesome tali's lol

i find it has good amount of slots, 8 slots is nice, you can gem in all kinds of thigns with that and the 3 oo slots with 2 o slots, one of those being for gemming out reload down. Can gem in evasion, evade distance, crit status, crit eye, defense, atk up, pretty any of the dozens of skills that have a lv 2 with +3 skill and a lv 1 with +1 same skill lol

also, i dont wanna use the farcaster method on an attack that ukanlos loves to spam the hell out of, i dont wanna be wasting even more of my precious caravan points to forever multiply farcaster crap and spend more time at camp than i am in battle for the stupid ukanlos lol

and i use to do the blocking thing, but i get tired of using the same thing over and over on the same monster, i like some variety, i wanna be able to not rely on block for everything lol
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Momentus event today: Got my cousin to start playing MH4U.... I am heavily hoping I am going to be training a hunter for life! Wish me well!

Congrats! It was nice when one of my older brothers started playing MH3U on the Wii U after I got my 3DS (I was playing on the Wii U previously), and now he's hooked.
Although he still hasn't gotten himself a 3DS for MH4U yet...
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 10:38 pm

Crystalis wrote:

Too late, our hunting companion already did. TeeHee
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:13 am

Samochan wrote:
Crystalis wrote:

Too late, our hunting companion already did. TeeHee

ayyy
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 4:07 am

Hunted a whole bunch of Basarios to practice with my bow. Ground a guild quest up to G Rank in the process.

Tried to do the harder Ukanlos quest with some randoms, but everyone died very quickly.

Can't find a group for Grim Quartet...
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 6:05 am

Got into Switch Axing with the help of Nargacuga X. Decided to make Lightbreak Axe* for all-around power and sustain with a Life Hone, and Frevel/Sursis for sheer raw demolishing, which I am about to Hone for Attack. 1674 raw, good God...

*because it didn't need an Immortal Reactor. That's pretty much the only reason I made it over anything else.

Also made Narga X for Gunners. Farmed a crapton of Apexes, too - enough to hone Lightbreak Axe and Vayu Sedition for Life, Frevel/Sursis for Attack, and I still have 9 small Zenith Wyvern Gems. I particularly farmed Apex Zinogre, as he also had the materials I needed to trade for Narga armor.

th8827 wrote:
Can't find a group for Grim Quartet...

Come into the chatbox every once in a while, it's likely you'll get the help of people who lurk there pretty often, such as Kairak, Crystalis and myself.
I would help, but just now I've come over with a horrifying amount of lag - something monstrous like 5 seconds' worth (for comparison, my usual latency is ~120ms, or 0.12 seconds). Zinogre and Iodrome were teleporting all over the place - it was freakin' hilarious when it was changing areas, because it decided to teleport back and forth.

Anyway, I guess this means I should do offline stuff. Time to wreck another Crimson Fatalis to get its swax - great purple with sharp+1, Blast rating is off the charts (especially with that Element Phial!), natural 1600+ attack. Do want.

Also, multiple blast weapons in one hunt be like:
Hey, Hunter. I got one question to ask you, and one question only:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:45 am

So trying to get my urgent done, got through two C magalas, with people coming and going, finally i posted mine and a person walks in and says, "Bonjour/Hello." Until now everyone was typing english.

so we start my urgent, made it about 5 min in aaaannnnnddd I DC. Try setting up another room, post my C Mag urgent, this time a got a Guten tag. The other 2 greeted with howdy and hi. The clock didnt even click over to the 5 min mark and I got disconnected. At which point I gave up and put the game down.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 10:03 am

Seems like it's time to be patriotic Firpi... Kick the foreigners! :-P

Day one of training: The new hunter chose to become a dual wielder. I decided to join in with the I-Glaive under a new... more appealing... huntress. Man... I SUCK at using the insect staff. We had a tough time taking down a Great Jaggi, but it did die... I was nervous that it took us so long, and that explaining how to harvest, and pick up things and combining and armor skills, and mounting and all the other stuff was taking so long... but at the end of that first hunt, the verdict was: WOW, that was fun! Lets go for something harder! :-D

I had an honest to goodness cheesy smile plastered across my face that I could not take away. And no, we didn't go for a harder one, lol. I showed him how to use the armor spheres to upgrade his armor, how to make new armor, and to not focus on defense, but instead in skills, while still knowing that defense = survival. How to make money (meaning, when to sell monster parts you will not use in the foreseeable future). And then I left him to his own devices to do some solo story quests so he could unlock his Palicos and Decorations.

Can't wait to get home from work and catch up on what he's been up to. (I think I am reliving my own start through him). I should probably upgrade my own huntress to not fall behind.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 10:09 am

On the topic of that, I should post a picture of my latest gunner set on my female profile, the Vangis/Sororal mix is quite attractive. Though, I've almost caught up to my blademaster, the only difference is the color of the G Special crown haha.

@InstaCakes For a raw Switch Axe, have you considered the Crazed Grisaxe? It's the Molten Tigrex line, and while its display raw might just be a bit above average rather than obscene, it's got a whopping 35% affinity and no need for Sharp +1 or Razor Sharp, along with a super-useful Exhaust phial. Funnily enough, its weapon goes perfectly with its armor, you can get Attack Up (XL), HG Earplugs, Stamina Thief, among a variety of other useful stuff.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 10:20 am

Sephastus, Living Vicariously through your family member. Im all for it.

and im thinking of making an chat in french, "sorry bad connection with Europeans" before I kick them.

Crystal: Sororal and Vangis... that does sound very attractive.

As for the Crazed switch axe. I will stand behind the exhaust phial ALL day! but 9/10 hunters say NO! because its not a Power Phial.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Got kind of a femme fatale feel to it, the Deviljho and Duramboros colors match well, and the Sororal gear swaps most of its color, so it ends up looking really nice.

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 IBha5cE

Soaring Grisbow
Vangis Cap X
Sororal Vest
Duramboros Guards X
Vangis Coat X
Sororal Greaves

Attack Up (XL)
Fleet Feet
Focus
Normal/Rapid Up
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 6:33 pm

Crystalis wrote:
Got kind of a femme fatale feel to it, the Deviljho and Duramboros colors match well, and the Sororal gear swaps most of its color, so it ends up looking really nice.

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 IBha5cE

Soaring Grisbow
Vangis Cap X
Sororal Vest
Duramboros Guards X
Vangis Coat X
Sororal Greaves

Attack Up (XL)
Fleet Feet
Focus
Normal/Rapid Up

I'm so jealous. I made the same set with the same bow (I haven't fully upgraded the bow yet. Just one upgrade away from it), but due to my talisman, I have to use the Seregios Cap X. Which doesn't look nearly as cool as the Vangis Cap X.
Maybe I should just go with AuL instead of AuXL and use the Vangis Cap X?

Firpi wrote:
As for the Crazed switch axe. I will stand behind the exhaust phial ALL day! but 9/10 hunters say NO! because its not a Power Phial.

Exhaust isn't really worth it, not because Power Phials are better than it, but also because they don't do very much exhaust. If you want to inflict exhaust, you'll want to use a different weapon type.

As for the reason Power Phials are so good, is they give the sword mode a 1.2x attack boost, which is really big (it used to be 1.25x attack boost in MH3U, but it got lowered slightly in MH4U).
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 3:18 am

I finally defeated Shah Dalamadur.

Then, I hunted some Apex Seregios for Gems. Did not get the third large gem to upgrade any of my swords yet, but I got enough regular ones to upgrade something.

I honed my Great Purple Emperor II Bow for Defense, giving my gunner +90 Defense instead of +30. With Armorcham and Armortalon, she has 629 defense total, now. Enough to keep me alive.

Last edited by th8827 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 3:20 am

E&Troy wrote:

As for the reason Power Phials are so good, is they give the sword mode a 1.2x attack boost, which is really big (it used to be 1.25x attack boost in MH3U, but it got lowered slightly in MH4U).
I thought it was x1.25 in Monster Hunter 3 Tri, and was changed to x1.2 in MH3U.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:44 am

Day 2 of Training: He's mastered demon-mode, and mounting. Several Rathalos hunts later, he has a full set of Rathalos armor, and the first of its weapons.

Quote: "This game is addictive!" ^_^

I am getting better at using the Insect Glaive. I still suck at it though. Like... royally suck. If it wasn't for the fact that I get to mount, which opens up the monster for his attacks, I would have probably already switched to another weapon... like the Lance... I am really good at the lance.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 12:34 pm

TKMT wrote:
E&Troy wrote:

I thought it was x1.25 in Monster Hunter 3 Tri, and was changed to x1.2 in MH3U.

Oh. Maybe it was that then. All I know is it is 1.2x in MH4U.

Sephastus wrote:
Day 2 of Training: He's mastered demon-mode, and mounting. Several Rathalos hunts later, he has a full set of Rathalos armor, and the first of its weapons.

Quote: "This game is addictive!" ^_^

I am getting better at using the Insect Glaive. I still suck at it though. Like... royally suck. If it wasn't for the fact that I get to mount, which opens up the monster for his attacks, I would have probably already switched to another weapon... like the Lance... I am really good at the lance.

It's looking like you've managed to convert someone to the dark side... devil

As for the IG, I was pretty bad at it when I first started (I spammed the jump attack), but after I watched a few videos by CanterPeMe, I realized that most of it's damage comes that plain X attack (With a red extract). The Combo is XXA (repeat), and that combo is super powerful. Mix in one or two mounts/topples per hunt and you can kill things super fast.
It is just so OP, it gets hard to switch back to other weapons that don't really come close to being able to kill things as fast. Even my Blos Lance which has 0% Affinity and 980 Raw damage with Challenger +2 running (And AuL and other things here and there) doesn't even come close. Oh, and it also has purple sharpness (With Sharpness +1).
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 2:28 pm

I wasn't using xxa+ combo when I first began and mostly relied on mashing xxx till I can do the finisher with a button. :p After that tho, I learned how awesome the backflip is and even nowdays I simply prefer to backflip on a combo to finisher move instead of repeated xxa, xxa actually gets me out of precise position faster than backflipping or just smashing x against the monster head. And backflipping doesn't make me do any sideswipes, which are prone to trip my fellow players with glaive having such huge range of motions and then at the same time missing my intended target in front of me (head) and hitting stuff like wings. Sideswipes also seem to.. lag more, than just vertical swinging when I use say, para glaive with white sharp against teo's backlegs. Possibly because I hit multiple targets? I dunno, but it's offputting.

To each their own, plenty combos one can do with glaive for every situation and I heartily recommend learning to backflip too, it's insanely good for spacing yourself better/away from monster/hitting behind you and just looks fun.

As to using glaive in general, it gets better once you can fully upgrade your glaives with extract extender effect and max speed bugs and then it becomes ten times easier to get buffs. I also recommend not using pheromones in general unless monster is too big with hard to reach buffs (such as gravi). Just aim fast and let em fly and don't forget to use elevation to your advantage and memorize each monster glaive buff parts. Oh and don't forget to take advantage of super armor(?) and earplugs once you grab all buffs, heck earplugs help you mount as you become immune to normal monster roars and you can smash away. And people will love a mounter who not only can mount properly, but who can also delay toppling after a roar if group lacks plugs or shields. Then there's simply the mobility with weapon in hand and all buffs that's just superb, take great advantage of this and you don't even need evasion (except on joe, but he's joe and his weak spot is tummy and he likes to throw tantrums so..).

However sephastus, mounting doesn't force you to use glaive exclusively, as lance also has a good mounting mechanic from it's charge attack, which you can hop and poke at a monster. ;)
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 5:21 pm

Yeah, I personally play solo mainly, so I'm not worried about tripping fellow hunters.

As for fully upgrade glaives being best (since if you upgrade the kinsect right, it will give your kinsect the Extract Extend which is super useful), the Clockwork IG is probably the best high rank IG, since it has 114 Speed and it also happens to have that Extract Extend.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 3:22 am

After much Rustshard farming, I finally got the Metallurgist's Slate award, meaning that my Collections Award category is at 100%.

Along with the Caravan category, that is now 2 categories at 100%, and 2 more only missing one award.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 5:45 am

Just defeated the Raging Brachydios. Got two Brach Pallium but no immortal reactor.
Them damn explosions.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:44 am

Will probably never remove the Varia Suit and do more duo quests so I can see my Mega more often
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 10:30 am

Day 3 Training: High Rank Achieved, and vacation mode activated. My cousin is a full fledged hunter, with the terminology down... and his first triple cart due to underestimating High Rank missions. I am a proud trainer! For the next 20 days, we are on vacation, so the updates will be sporadic at best. The game will also probably take a back seat to zip-lining, snorkeling, and real life monster hunting (yeah, I want to kill and eat my own food! ... so we going to get some "monster" fish :-D)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix
Page 29 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 37  Next