Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix

Go down 
+39
WyvernGS
Un-Tan
Chips
XenonFrost
Applejho
evahnulahm
TheLaw
A Drunk Ninja
Ken Kurobasa
Phenica
Ataraxia
BoredForLife
Kurtz
th8827
X Kitsune X
Jojozityjo
dcj91x
Lucas
Crystalis
MHWF
Antari18
TKMT
Raptor98
E&Troy
Firpi
Verity19
Azurei
Samochan
PAiN---
kama
Lagiacrus the ultimate
InstaCakes
Roon
Phazon Xenomorph
Sephastus
yvz
Quentin
Gian
MetaMarx
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Generic thread that appers in every subforum! Hooray!

Tell us about what you did in the game even if it's boring and doesn't make for an interesting post!

Did something shitty happen? There's another thread for that ya dingus!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 12:48 pm

th8827 wrote:
After much Rustshard farming, I finally got the Metallurgist's Slate award, meaning that my Collections Award category is at 100%.

Along with the Caravan category, that is now 2 categories at 100%, and 2 more only missing one award.

Nice. I'm also going towards obtaining all of the awards. So far I've only completed one area (Support). I have two left in my collection and two left in one of the others. Once I complete the 1-7* gathering hall quests, I'll have completed another one as well. I've still got so much to do...
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 2:57 pm

Havent been able to play. Work has gotten Crazy and home life has gotten just as crazy.
Adn with new DLC out too... wwwaaahahhh

*Much later that day*

So the first event quest i did was the 3d Zamtrios. Why not? sounds interesting.
HOLY MOLY! My gold crown Zam was 1890. This one was 3039!!!

*Bad you momma joke coming up*

When it inflated I needed to roll 3 times to get out of the way... with evade distance up!!!
It may seem funny but im bot lying... 3 rolls. HUGE!.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 1:46 am

I soloed "Ridley" and the Mega-Lagombi.

Then, I ran the Shrouded Nerscylla event a few times. The weak, tiny Shrouded Nerscylla count as kills towards titles, so you get 4 per quest.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 4:30 am

MetaMarx wrote:
Will probably never remove the Varia Suit and do more duo quests so I can see my Mega more often

I'm not seeing a Waist piece for the Varia Suit...what materials are used?
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 4:39 am

Varia and Zero Suits have no waist piece, you'll have to use the Chakra.

It requires, in total:

4 Defense Module (event item)
8 Cosmicite Ore
4 Purecrystal
8 S. Nerscylla Scishorn
7 S. Nerscylla Hardclaw
12 S. Nerscylla Cortex
4 Immenseness Ticket S

And I have no idea how to get the Immenseness Ticket S.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 4:53 am

I'm pretty sure that Immenseness Ticket S comes as a random quest drop for G Rank event quests.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 3:29 pm

th8827 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Immenseness Ticket S comes as a random quest drop for G Rank event quests.

I got S tickets from Metroid: Looming Shadow one with the shrouded nersc. The "Ridley" garuga one gave normal Immense.

That's really disappointing to hear these armors don't have a proper piece. Chakra pieces are REALLY shitty on defense, no skills, only sockets to their name and imo they can ruin many armor sets...especially Blademasters who RELY on defense, the Metroid armor while cool looking as fuck isn't very defensive to begin with, not having a Waist and needing a Chakra piece is really really bad, why'd they do this?
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 4:10 pm

did a bunch of events and episode quests last night, and helped a friend get ranked up to special rank, that was about it lol
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 3:58 am

I had very little time to hunt today, and tomorrow looks the same... and most of next week, too...

In the little time that I had, I ran the Shrouded Nerscylla event several times. After two rounds, the room owner switched to the Garuga quest, which I was not interested in. I made my own room, clearly marking it as an event quest room, and a random came in and posted a regular Shrouded Nerscylla quest...
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:12 am

Grinded the Metroid Event Quests, I now have both Suits for Blademaster and also the Arm Cannon.

The Arm Cannon's stats are a little weird for me, but the design is neat and it packs a decent punch. Also, it rapid-fires Thunder and Ice S, which I still don't have.
The Varia Suit is interesting. Great defense (on par with Excello Z, on the four parts it has), and also 3 points in Handicraft thanks to the arms. Good skills and also custom sound effects. Speaking of skills, apparently Wellness doesn't just negate standard abnormal statuses, but it also gives High Grade Earplugs, which is neat. Also, you can recolor it to make it look like, say, the Gravity Suit.
The Zero Suit is cool-looking, but underwhelming. I expected Acrobat to have Evasion +1, Constitution +1, and Evade Dist Up - and it only has the first two. Also, it suffers from a measly 86 defense per part as well as Defense Down (M), compared to Varia Suit which has 116 base defense per part and no Defense Down.

Before the Event Quests, though, I made Excello Z (partly because I could), and it turns out it's a very reliable armor set, especially with Crazed Grisaxe, a Switch Axe with an Exhaust Phial and maxed out white sharpness for days. Also, Excello Z happens to be my first Thunder-resistant armor - about damn time!
Also did a buncha Guild Quests - mostly Chameleos and Deviljho.
I've decided to simply gun Chameleos with the Seregios LBG set I have. Easy headshots, Chameleos is easier to predict at a distance. with the main problem being those poison clouds and that flailing-tounge charge, which Fleet Feet and Evade+1 counter nicely. I usually run out of Level 2 shots, at which point I switch to Level 3s and aim for Chammy's torso, which is likely to result in good bounces.
I've mostly fought Deviljho with Switch Axe, particularly the Excello Z + Crazed Grisaxe combo, or I bring Frevel/Sursis with Nargacuga X if I'm having trouble.
I've gotten two great Longswords from Guild Quests, both of which (apart from sharpness) beat out my standard weapons in damage output for that element. A pity they have sad amounts of purple sharpness with Sharpness +1, but I can use them with Excello Z to compensate for that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 6:19 pm

i got garuga armor, i feel like an atlantian samurai in it, and i rather enjoy the skills of it ^^
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:12 am

Farmed a bunch of Jhos with Kairak and Un-Tan. Got a couple awesome Longswords which outperform the same ones that use the same element, and are perfectly useable with Excello Z.

Killed my first Shah Dalamadur! Still hate that thing.

Got Code 16060 and the MH3 Episodic Quests out of the way. I now have the Moga Sweetheart as my Housekeeper, and a pretty powerful Healing Palico - in fact, Nekoht Felcote's little sister. Her name's even Lil Sis!

Also, after doing all those Shrouded Nerscyllas for the Metroid armor (including both Varia Suits and one Zero Suit), I went ahead and made Nerscylla Z armor. Needed a carving set, anyway. It has all the default skills except for Carving Celebrity (Carving God if I use a 3-slot weapon), Crit Eye+2, and Health -10. Performs quite nicely, and being able to carve small monsters multiple times is a godsend. Dragon-resistant, too!

I then proceeded to get off my ass and work towards Caravaneer's Challenge. Was easy enough, even got myself some much-needed Sunspire and Aquaglow Jewels - and suddenly, Caravaneer's Challenge proceeds to kick my ass. Had to try three times before making it through.
Suddenly, I get both a Rajang Nerve and a Ghoulish Gold Horn. WOOHOO!
Rainbow Pigment looks amazing on Nerscylla armor.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 3:20 pm

i managed to get star knight armor finally, with the help of master and his friends. It's so awesome with such an amazing look x3
now i can easily do some of my GQ's and level them up for worthy charms and relics lol
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 9:29 pm

@InstaCakes: I did that episode quest about a week ago and have been using Lil Sis since then and she has been great. And yeah that caravaneer's challenge was really hard. I did after I had g-rank stuff...

@Jojo: That's awesome. I can't wait until I get it myself, it looks fantastic.

I have been working on finishing up all of the guild quests. I have completed the 1 through 6 star and have about half of the 7 star ones done. I was 20 some minutes into Akantor Coup and my battery died... I wasn't in a place where I could plug in and I tried to finish but that stupid thing has way too much health. Using my bow works pretty good, I was getting all head shots at critical range and according to my calculations it should be dead, but I used all my coatings and combines and still nothing. It was probably close but the stupid battery!

I finally decided to try out the insect glaive as well. Following Gaijin hunters tutorial I made the kushala one with the effect extender bug. Hopefully I will figure it out and not suck terribly. Keeping the boosts up, using more regular attacks and not abusing the jump feature, and not carting is a good place to start right?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 10:05 pm

A Drunk Ninja wrote:
I finally decided to try out the insect glaive as well. Following Gaijin hunters tutorial I made the kushala one with the effect extender bug. Hopefully I will figure it out and not suck terribly. Keeping the boosts up, using more regular attacks and not abusing the jump feature, and not carting is a good place to start right?

If you want, you can check out videos by CanterPerMe (I think that's their name). They do some hard quests solo with the IG in pretty decent times.
One such quest is The Master's Test. They did it in seven some minutes with the IG.
And there is the Level 140 GQ Teostra solo they did in twelve some minutes using the same IG you made (the Daora's Samudra IG).
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 10:20 pm

I have seen both of those videos and they are part of the reason I decided to pick the IG up. Hopefully I'll learn to use it that well.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 4:11 pm

with my star knight armor, i started working on getting a gq up in level, trying to get it to 126+, got it to like, 111 before i needed a break from fighting it a dozen times lol
bringing up a basarios, something simple enough i can solo, cause sometimes i cant wait for experts to join my room to help get it done lol
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 6:48 pm

Leveled one of my Jho GQs (out of 5, god help me) from 131 to 136. Things started going bad at 136. One of the people in my room started bitching about not having a Drive Wystone. I'm on a separate save file, those are some of the most annoying quests to find a group for, and I can easily aim for no-bounce zones anyway since I'm on a bow. Besides, the apex will just get suppressed anyway. I couldn't speak much for the other non-Drive hunter, but he had good gear, so I was like, whatever.

And then that guy says "bet we'll fail this". Well, we did. Since he got pinned at least 9 times, we ran out of Lifepowders, and he'd continue to get pinned and die. Nice job buddy. *kicks*

Similar stories happened each time I tried, so no more Apex Jho for today.

And to imagine I'm going to have to level 4 more Jho GQs just to have a chance for good Relic Amatsu armor, with the correct skill... this is going to be loooooads of fun. e_e
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 7:52 pm

@Crystalis: How much more difficult is an apex Jho over the "regular" g-rank one? Except for that ridiculous looking high-step dragon breath thing I don't find jho to be a very difficult monster. Lots of tells and plenty of places to dodge.

Today I made a set for my worn dragon SnS (don't judge me) with the intention of using it against fatalis (high-rank guild hall). I put dragon attack +3, HG earplugs, razor sharp, evasion +1, and critical eye+1 on it. I tried it on chameleos first and was pleased with the results. The sword only had blue sharpness and 210 raw but with 940 dragon attack it adds up with those weak spots.

With that said I soloed fatalis with it. It took 30 minutes but it can be done. I mounted it maybe four times and knocked it over a few more. I think it would be sweet if a group did this and kept getting the mounts.

Next time I'm going to swap out evasion for mounting.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Crystalis wrote:
Leveled one of my Jho GQs (out of 5, god help me) from 131 to 136. Things started going bad at 136. One of the people in my room started bitching about not having a Drive Wystone. I'm on a separate save file, those are some of the most annoying quests to find a group for, and I can easily aim for no-bounce zones anyway since I'm on a bow. Besides, the apex will just get suppressed anyway. I couldn't speak much for the other non-Drive hunter, but he had good gear, so I was like, whatever.

And then that guy says "bet we'll fail this". Well, we did. Since he got pinned at least 9 times, we ran out of Lifepowders, and he'd continue to get pinned and die. Nice job buddy. *kicks*

Similar stories happened each time I tried, so no more Apex Jho for today.

And to imagine I'm going to have to level 4 more Jho GQs just to have a chance for good Relic Amatsu armor, with the correct skill... this is going to be loooooads of fun. e_e

Start the quest and abandon right at the start. Repeat till it gives you a Treasure Area.

Get your speed gathering set and save. Do the quest, mine, and triple cart. If you get junk (or if you didn't get any Beshackled Armor in the first place), soft reset and try again.

It isn't really any faster than if you have a good group doing the quest, but it saves loads of time in the long run since you don't have to wait to get a good group (and bad groups waste time as well).

Anyway. Using that method, I never have to farm a level 140 GQ ever again. I just do that ^ method for my Beshackled stuff, and I can do level 126-135 GQs for Graven Charms.

A Drunk Ninja wrote:
@Crystalis: How much more difficult is an apex Jho over the "regular" g-rank one? Except for that ridiculous looking high-step dragon breath thing I don't find jho to be a very difficult monster. Lots of tells and plenty of places to dodge.

Apex Jho isn't any harder than the normal or Frenzied one. It's just that his damage get's increased as the level of the quest goes up, and it really shoots up at level 136 (Just like all GQs).
The thing that makes Apex Jho hard (or harder, at least), is the fact that you have to hit - for the most part - his legs or else you'll bounce. Which with certain weapons, that can be hard to do. With the Wystone Drive, it will allow you to cut through him like he's normal, but if that runs off and you still haven't knocked the Apex out of him, then you'll spend awhile doing little damage.
Unless of course you're using certain weapons, like the bow. With those, you can still hit the legs with relative ease.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 12:25 am

You can also hit the back half of Jho's tail and not bounce, but that's a trickier one since it's in motion more.

I don't really like trying to mine for them because resetting is just as repetitive as actually hunting it, but I guess I'll have to resort to it anyway considering I have five different armor pieces I need. Leveling them from ~119 to 136 isn't that hard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 3:28 am

Quote :
A Drunk Ninja wrote:

Apex Jho isn't any harder than the normal or Frenzied one. It's just that his damage get's increased as the level of the quest goes up, and it really shoots up at level 136 (Just like all GQs).
The thing that makes Apex Jho hard (or harder, at least), is the fact that you have to hit - for the most part - his legs or else you'll bounce. Which with certain weapons, that can be hard to do. With the Wystone Drive, it will allow you to cut through him like he's normal, but if that runs off and you still haven't knocked the Apex out of him, then you'll spend awhile doing little damage.
Unless of course you're using certain weapons, like the bow. With those, you can still hit the legs with relative ease.

As with the difficult Apex monsters, you might as well farcast if your wystone drive didn't give you enough time to knock him out of frenzy. (The mechanic itself is stupid. It's basically just a time-waster, and artificially increases difficulty by making you have to avoid more attacks. The other wystones are reasonable, I don't know why they added the drive mechanic. Could have just made certain parts of the monster bounce w/o purple sharpness.)
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 3:44 am

Finally need one more large elder dragon gem after needing about 10 a week ago.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 1:17 pm

Vortiene wrote:
As with the difficult Apex monsters, you might as well farcast if your wystone drive didn't give you enough time to knock him out of frenzy. (The mechanic itself is stupid. It's basically just a time-waster, and artificially increases difficulty by making you have to avoid more attacks. The other wystones are reasonable, I don't know why they added the drive mechanic. Could have just made certain parts of the monster bounce w/o purple sharpness.)

I agree, there is not enough time given to really do anything. You get like 1.5 minutes right? I might start farcasting and walking back to waste the time, not when fighting in a group of course.

Last night I tried fighting the C. Fatalis from the scroll online and after 3 or 4 failed hunts I left. Today I tried it solo and killed it. With my bug being the final blow. How does this happen!?
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 9:59 am

Since I havent been able to play lately, my daughter has been running of with my Gameboy and started her own game. She is sticking with Great sword and now that she is in begginer gear her fighting style has really changed.

Funny enough she was "end the world in rage" at the Gargawa Egg Quest. She was able to do the gold and then the first egg, but the second egg... oh man. poor thing. She was happy to beat up on GJag after that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix
Page 30 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33 ... 37  Next