Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix

Go down 
+39
WyvernGS
Un-Tan
Chips
XenonFrost
Applejho
evahnulahm
TheLaw
A Drunk Ninja
Ken Kurobasa
Phenica
Ataraxia
BoredForLife
Kurtz
th8827
X Kitsune X
Jojozityjo
dcj91x
Lucas
Crystalis
MHWF
Antari18
TKMT
Raptor98
E&Troy
Firpi
Verity19
Azurei
Samochan
PAiN---
kama
Lagiacrus the ultimate
InstaCakes
Roon
Phazon Xenomorph
Sephastus
yvz
Quentin
Gian
MetaMarx
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Generic thread that appers in every subforum! Hooray!

Tell us about what you did in the game even if it's boring and doesn't make for an interesting post!

Did something shitty happen? There's another thread for that ya dingus!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
TheLaw
TheLaw

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 11:11 am

Finally I have obtains my status gun set, got the craftsman's specs, finished my 10 star urgents offline all I need to do is the Master's Test... I have attempted it 3 times, my 3rd being the most successful albeit in vain as Jho wiped the floor with my ass, I honestly hate the drive mechanic for this quest, boucnijg everywhere and trying to keep he Seregios/Diablos seperate so I can focus on killing them easy, but it takes so goddam long to recharge that bloody stone... It's frustrating to no end...

There I agree with Vort's statement on the whole Drive mechanic in this game
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 3:38 pm

TheLaw wrote:
Finally I have obtains my status gun set, got the craftsman's specs, finished my 10 star urgents offline all I need to do is the Master's Test... I have attempted it 3 times, my 3rd being the most successful albeit in vain as Jho wiped the floor with my ass, I honestly hate the drive mechanic for this quest, boucnijg everywhere and trying to keep he Seregios/Diablos seperate so I can focus on killing them easy, but it takes so goddam long to recharge that bloody stone... It's frustrating to no end...

There I agree with Vort's statement on the whole Drive mechanic in this game

That quest is def. a pain before you can get a weapon like the Hellruin Glaive Omen. It took me about 40 minutes on my first time beating it. At least I don't think I fainted on that run (Although I had failed miserably before on other attempts).

Now with the Hellruin IG and the right set, I can solo it in about 10 minutes average. I just smoke bomb at the start and again later, and the Seregios is dead before the second one runs out. Then I finish the Blos before Seregios' body disappears and then wait for the Deviljho.

I actually don't use any Wystones on the first two monsters, and just save them for Jho. And speaking of which, what would people recommend for me. Wystone Force or Wystone Element? I'm using the Hellruin IG (which has 700 Blast with Pyro) and it typically has about 1300 Raw during the quest (1400 or so with Challenger +2 running). Which Wystone would I benefit more from against the Deviljho while I'm trying to knock the Apex out of him?
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Did the High Rank offline quests I was missing - not too many, in fact.

In fact, Master's Test was less troublesome than Caravaneer's Challenge, thanks to the Gate Switch being a thing. It still kicked my ass a couple times, but after a few tries I managed to pull it off. And it's probably the best source ever for Zenith Gems of either sort!
Also did Kama's Gogmazios urgent. I gotta say, I lost count of how many times I mounted the poor sod, ha.

About having to deal with Drive-Stone's cooldown:
I actually don't have too much trouble. I just activate my other Wystone, and whack away at non-bounce spots wherever possible. Seriously, I don't have too much trouble. I do have to play a bit more carefully while waiting for Drive to come off cooldown, but otherwise I have an easy enough time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Firpi wrote:
Since I havent been able to play lately, my daughter has been running of with my Gameboy and started her own game. She is sticking with Great sword and now that she is in begginer gear her fighting style has really changed.

Funny enough she was "end the world in rage" at the Gargawa Egg Quest. She was able to do the gold and then the first egg, but the second egg... oh man. poor thing. She was happy to beat up on GJag after that.

it's not a game boy
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 5:16 pm

Vortiene wrote:
Firpi wrote:
Since I havent been able to play lately, my daughter has been running of with my Gameboy and started her own game. She is sticking with Great sword and now that she is in begginer gear her fighting style has really changed.

Funny enough she was "end the world in rage" at the Gargawa Egg Quest. She was able to do the gold and then the first egg, but the second egg... oh man. poor thing. She was happy to beat up on GJag after that.

it's not a game boy

Cal me old and somethings dont change in my mind.

Fine. Running of with my 3ds. :P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Firpi wrote:
Vortiene wrote:
Firpi wrote:

it's not a game boy

Cal me old and somethings dont change in my mind.

Fine. Running of with my 3ds. :P

Don't disrespect the greats by calling their offspring by the same name!~

jks
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 8:41 pm

E&Troy wrote:
I actually don't use any Wystones on the first two monsters, and just save them for Jho. And speaking of which, what would people recommend for me. Wystone Force or Wystone Element? I'm using the Hellruin IG (which has 700 Blast with Pyro) and it typically has about 1300 Raw during the quest (1400 or so with Challenger +2 running). Which Wystone would I benefit more from against the Deviljho while I'm trying to knock the Apex out of him?

It would seem that the element wystone would not affect blast seeing as it is not an element nor a status. I will need to look into it more though. I have only used the drive wystone myself.
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 10:39 pm

You'll need Element if you are planning on using blast against apex, apex won't take any element/status or blast damage until you supress them, I had both drive and elemnt when I did the quest but saw no blast buildup until I suppressed the Apex (I have the Hellruin Glaive Omen with the Bilbobrix bug, with Star Knight as my set)
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 12:19 am

A Drunk Ninja wrote:
It would seem that the element wystone would not affect blast seeing as it is not an element nor a status.
It does.
Back to top Go down
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 6:35 am

Dat expedition... Targets: Rubysaurus and Savage Joe.
The Rubysaurus went down without any fuzz but after that it just got annoying. As I was fighting the Jho a blue kut-ku decided to buzz in so I ended up killing that. As I return to fighting the jho a Rathalos decided that he wanted in on the action too... Finally with the Jho dead I want to go after the Rathalos because he annoyed me earlier and as I fight him a green Congalala shows up. >____>
Just let me fight you guys 1on1 please.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Since it seems that Wystone: Element does effect Blast, would people recommend it over Wystone: Drive for my Hellruin Glaive "Omen"?
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 5:41 pm

E&Troy wrote:
Since it seems that Wystone: Element does effect Blast, would people recommend it over Wystone: Drive for my Hellruin Glaive "Omen"?

I want to know this as well. I just got this IG and knowing the effect of the wystone would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 10:27 pm

E&Troy wrote:

If you have the ability to equip two wystones then for that quest I'd recommend using BOTH Drive and Element Wystones, Force isn't going to do much whilst they're in Apex, and well Brace I personally can't recommend, whereas with Drive you can use it to try suppress the Apex whilst using Element also to give you your blast element.. when I attempted the quet I found Force was useless to take with me so when I retake it I'll be using element so I can knock an apex monster down with my blast and open them up for damage..

Overall: I'd definitely recommend taking both Drive and Element if your able to
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 12:45 am

TheLaw wrote:
E&Troy wrote:

If you have the ability to equip two wystones then for that quest I'd recommend using BOTH Drive and Element Wystones, Force isn't going to do much whilst they're in Apex, and well Brace I personally can't recommend, whereas with Drive you can use it to try suppress the Apex whilst using Element also to give you your blast element.. when I attempted the quet I found Force was useless to take with me so when I retake it I'll be using element so I can knock an apex monster down with my blast and open them up for damage..

Overall: I'd definitely recommend taking both Drive and Element if your able to

Okay, maybe I'll using that one next time.
As for Force being being useless, it's just as useful as Element, since neither of them let you cut through more. One just increases damage and one let's your Elements/Status/Blast work.

I could definitively see Element working well if doing that 200 Blast damage on Jho helps count towards knocking the Apex out of him.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 1:45 pm

Was bored and got all of LoZ armor.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 3:59 pm

A week with no free time to hunt and I'm feeling really... rusty. It took effort to hunt a Basarios, and those things are easy!
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 12:10 pm

Farming G-Rank Shagaru Magala for a Mantle to get a Dragon Charge Blade not called "Elends/Essor". And this freaking Shagaru Mantle does not want to show up.

Made an amazing Bow set - full Kushala X with a Blademaster helm, and with my Loading +7 tali and some gemming I get Load Up, Focus and Stam Recov Up, as well as Evasion+1 and Heat Cancel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Finished my Pierce Gun set. Now I just need a good gun to go with it :D

Eva+2
Adre+2
Pierce Up
Crit Eye 3
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 11:52 pm

Youtube comment of the day:

Skills:
Epic+15 | Epicness+2
Playerskill +20 |Timing Up (Large)
Friends+10 |Teamwork

In reference to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcws5296agE

I got kicked for the first time. I entered this room and was waiting for someone to post something. After maybe 5 minutes of no one doing or saying anything (and me probably chatting too much trying to be personable) a quest finally gets posted. I join, it takes a few more minutes for everyone to be ready, and we leave. It was an easy and unmemorable hunt. We killed whatever it was in 5-6 minutes or so. There was another five minutes of no talking, no doing anything before another quest gets posted. I join and wait to leave. While waiting I ask if anyone would mind if I posted one for the next hunt.

DC...
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 8:12 pm

I mainly spent my time procrastinating working on my paper, and hunted lower level monsters make their kill count nice multiples of 10 for titles.

Amusingly, an Iodrome that I was hunting was killed by an Ioprey that was trying to jump on me as I was knocked over and pinned.

I also finally finished every single Conbination in the combo list. So many Dah'ren Mohran died to get me the Armor Stones that I needed.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:20 am

Hmm... I only have about five weapons left to upgrade and a small handful of quests left to complete. My time with this game is nearing an end. Getting 100% of awards is a giant pain in the ass, so I doubt I'll be doing that with this game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 11:42 am

MetaMarx wrote:
Hmm... I only have about five weapons left to upgrade and a small handful of quests left to complete. My time with this game is nearing an end. Getting 100% of awards is a giant pain in the ass, so I doubt I'll be doing that with this game.

Please, even I, an insanely completionist-y completionist am avoiding the 100% awards. So much extra time and not all that fun. Do yourself a favour and enjoy something new.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:44 pm

Vortiene wrote:
MetaMarx wrote:

Please, even I, an insanely completionist-y completionist am avoiding the 100% awards. So much extra time and not all that fun. Do yourself a favour and enjoy something new.

Yeah I got all of the rewards in 3U. Monster Hunter is fun and all but jesus christ I'm not doing that again. 300+ Deviljho for a gold crown sums that up nicely.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 9:40 am

Going slowly towards 999. 80 more HRs to go. Yesterday I was doing some hame runs on lv140 Stygian + Rajang with GS/LS bias. To my surprise I got 1728, natural purple, 3 slots, 400 poison GS, teal colour + glow. Holy shit! This is more than I ever expected. I can't express I happy (as long time GS lover) I'm Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Antari18 wrote:
Going slowly towards 999. 80 more HRs to go. Yesterday I was doing some hame runs on lv140 Stygian + Rajang with GS/LS bias. To my surprise I got 1728, natural purple, 3 slots, 400 poison GS, teal colour + glow. Holy shit! This is more than I ever expected. I can't express I happy (as long time GS lover) I'm Yes by vort

Nice. you won't get much better than that, especially with those three slots. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix
Page 31 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next