Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 32 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 32 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+99
PAiN---
Yamatsu
Antari18
VAlien12
anduin55
Arkenaw
CrystalPower
TheLaw
Anonymin
Rowiehz
Jake Johnson
GrashXL002
Ares
YamiGekusu
X Kitsune X
JFizzle
AzzraNoctul
Atalanta
navgoose
PokeMaster
Otoshimo
TKMT
Hanya
Randomhunter
Enkidu
Will
InstaCakes
Sai_
laoshanicrus
Sasori
Dathblade
evahnulahm
dcj91x
Lalo
E&Troy
parasky
dainbramage
Slyffer
oeon
Esham
Sir Valk
Neptyc
Lou Urau
Crystalis
Luciarn
MasterOnion
zeek
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Asyulur
SafariCat
Andrea88GOD
Vespyra
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Bimasena009
Shiny_Rayquaza
Blair H
Black TheLance
Step
Lucas
Stabster
Godzilla2195
Yuki
Kanade
Tiburon555
RDC
Rene
Valdast
quidam
Maika
BT Esq
Florenz
bill_the_noob
Andrew.
Axel3
Oni Zelkami
Kholdstare
It's meh
Vivi
elitezellet
stayman_jacobi
TiroDvD
crovis
kama
Ataraxia
Quentin
Kasumi
Chips
Silverwind
Koma
Win32error
blackice
Leonhardt
Exzyro
Ugthorf
Chriz
Lagia818
Ultimate Jaggi
Palas
rubinek
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
rubinek
Popo
rubinek

Thank you Points : 3

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Hunting Journal - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killed Jhen for the very first time! A very nice Australian player named Selena helped me actually become useful (lol) and the two hunts we did went very smoothly. Got another EDG and two ElderDragonBloods. I'll soon be able to make a Jhen+ armor, although I still don't know where I can get the Conqueror Seals or whatever they are called. Time to head on to MH wiki i guess /yes/

Also, some other guy we did the hunt with told me that only Long Swords and Great Swords are good on Jhen. I asked him why, but he didn't really want to elaborate (no keyboard I presume). I didn't have any Dragon or Ice LS/GS so I was quickly relegated to operating cannons and ballista (see above). Can anyone explain? I read Jhen Mohran wiki page thoughtfully and there is nothing that says "this and this weapon sucks for reasons X and Y, don't use it", so I'm rather confused.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Rowiehz
Melynx
Rowiehz

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:23 am

Still going for a Rathian Ruby, after 13 slayed Rathians or so in the past two days.

Murphy's law, why are you so tough on me >:
Back to top Go down
http://rowiehz.tumblr.com/
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 am

Rowiehz wrote:
Still going for a Rathian Ruby, after 13 slayed Rathians or so in the past two days.

Murphy's law, why are you so tough on me >:

Actually it's the Desire Sensor...patented by Murphy.
Oh, and I'm willing to help you, considering we're both in the EU. I have a full Baggi set that should help (me) nicely.

Also: EARTH DRAGONGEEEEEEEEM!!! Except I have no use for it... blank
And a Golden Egg from the Combo Jar to boot!

Edit: Had a go at freehunting Deviljho. Didn't go too well...and now I know SnS isn't really the best decision, status or not. :|

Edit 2: Had a go at a Rathian with this randumb using Bone Bludgeon+ and Peco+ and a Spanish guy with Guan Dao and Jaggi+. T'was an epic fight, but I feel I was the largest contributor. I got like 4 paralizations in and my shield bash KOd it near death. I'm also now at the limit for my HR. I really need to do Alatreon...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 10:11 am

the other day i hunted with some high rankers and did the agna+ura quest...in high rank...we were doing fine until ura showed up and beat the crap out of us(i usually gun him but since agna was there i swaxed)then we did a jho and a bari+,last my group was joined by a newb and we proceeded to do jump four jaggi for three hours,that was scary beacuse we killed the jaggis in like one hit....but i suppose it could have been that we waited for peco to call ian and killed them both and then finished the quests.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Okay, I got sick of attempting to get that last Barioth Claw+, so I decided to see what I could make from Rhenohasta. Turns out I went all the way to Gobulu Muraaka! And having finally completely overforged my Agnaktor armour (how did I get 4 Firecell Stones in a single run after no success several times?), I changed the talisman from Gluttony +10 to Heat Res +9 / BBQ -10 and used the three slots left in my armour to gem in Heat Cancel (Hi) and set off to an Alatreon - Everyone welcome! city.

The fight against Alatreon went okay, until I realized I forgot to bring Energy Drinks...
This chara called momo carted twice, and having been blinded by a flashbomb (I can never aim them properly at Alatreon it seems) I got hit three times in a row by Alatreon's lightning punch. I happened to have enough stamina to block the first two hits.
I only paralyzed Alatreon once, so I think I might have to resort to either grinding for that last Claw+ or another Lance.
God dangit.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
Okay, I got sick of attempting to get that last Barioth Claw+, so I decided to see what I could make from Rhenohasta. Turns out I went all the way to Gobulu Muraaka! And having finally completely overforged my Agnaktor armour (how did I get 4 Firecell Stones in a single run after no success several times?), I changed the talisman from Gluttony +10 to Heat Res +9 / BBQ -10 and used the three slots left in my armour to gem in Heat Cancel (Hi) and set off to an Alatreon - Everyone welcome! city.

The fight against Alatreon went okay, until I realized I forgot to bring Energy Drinks...
This chara called momo carted twice, and having been blinded by a flashbomb (I can never aim them properly at Alatreon it seems) I got hit three times in a row by Alatreon's lightning punch. I happened to have enough stamina to block the first two hits.
I only paralyzed Alatreon once, so I think I might have to resort to either grinding for that last Claw+ or another Lance.
God dangit.

Upgrade your current lance.

Get the Gobulluu Muraaakaa (Or something with a ridiclous amount of letters).

You will paraylize a LOT more, I managed to paralyze ala 3 times in one fight with that (I used status atk up too).
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:19 am

Been concentrating on the Double Diablos event quest the past couple of nights, maxed out my Hellhunter Jacket, then realised I got it and the Soulhunter Jacket confused so still need to finish it off.

Luckily I've had some good teams, been myself and STACHEL and a couple of randoms who come in for a couple of quests then leave and get replaced. Have actually been surprised that they been good, mostly HR 100 + and decent team players... except for the last two last night who both decided to use hammers for the Red Hot Party quest... was trying to leave the head for them and stay out of the way but Ura's jaw is just too tempting.

Mr Stark, if you can find me I'll happily help ya with Agna and Ala; usually on from about 7:00 UT and stay on for the next 4 hours or so.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 3:28 am

Today I had fun with randoms, guess there are still good people out there.

that made it a weird day.
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:08 am

Lalo wrote:
Today I had fun with randoms, guess there are still good people out there.

that made it a weird day.

You must have come across some of the one's I've been helping...LMAO!

I mostly hunt with randoms, and they're usually not terrible. We're not speed-running by any means, but I usually come out with all of my lifepowders, and a nearly empty ammo pouch.
It's great when I come across forumers online, but I generally try to help the hunters around 60-100+ HR's. It's amazing how often you will find some that are very receptive, and thirsty for the info. I usually help them for what I can, then refer them here.

BTW Lalols: It was nice hunting with you that morning a couple weeks ago. Sorry I wasn't hunting at my peak performance. Had worked all night and was sluggish from sleeplack.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:37 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Mr Stark wrote:
I went all the way to Gobulu Muraaka!

Get the Gobulu Muraaka. You will paralyze a LOT more, I managed to paralyze ala 3 times in one fight with that (I used status atk up too).

Spoiler:
Did you read the whole post or just the second paragraph?

In either case, I'd rather keep Heat Cancel (Hi). Saves an item slot.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
Did you read the whole post or just the second paragraph?

In either case, I'd rather keep Heat Cancel (Hi). Saves an item slot.

I think he intended to advise you to upgrade it to its high rank form since you are such high level. You original post has spelling error making it seem you have first form or last form depending on how you read it.

You can eat chilled meat at start of Ala fight and eat for HP and attack boost. So the question is what were you doing in the time spent saved from that item slot that was better than chill meat plus a different skill...hmm? 8)
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 5:56 pm

JFizzle wrote:
I mostly hunt with randoms, and they're usually not terrible

oh no, by "good people" I didnt mean good players, cuz there are some great players with really amaizing sets but at the end they are just jerks.

when it comes to randoms, I would rather have a nice and talktative one even if he/she gets killed on every quest than a silent guy/girl that destroys the monster with powerful attacks.

Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:28 am

Why do you play with me then Lalo? I tend to be quiet and smash monsters.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:36 am

Lalo wrote:
when it comes to randoms.

Yuki wrote:
Why do you play with me then Lalo? I tend to be quiet and smash monsters.

That. you are no random

shout out to Luri. I am writting this as I am talking to you and I know you will be reading this. seriusly, it was really weird that someone recognise my name and I didnt even know who you were xD

well... I dced and couldnt find you again, see you around lurker.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:13 am

i did the same when i was still lurking^
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:51 pm

I hit HR51! Thank you Violet for helping me! Made Dark Claw with the materials. I have no idea how I carved an Azure Dragongem without getting any other rare Alatreon materials such as Skypiercers (I needed one Broken Skypiercer for Alatreon's Lance!).

Now to work on getting Great Inceadeus, Sabertooth (G) and Spiral Splash (G) or Sharq Attaq. (I know they're not the best lances, but for Agna these last two should work fine). And maybe getting the Helios/Helios+ mix, or overforging my Sharpness +1 set at any rate.

Oh, and it's the final form of the Gobul Lance.

And by the way, I had Mega Demondrugs and Armourskins, so I just ate for HP+40 Stamina+50. And of course, I forgot to grab Energy Drinks again...
Oh, and I saved time chugging down Cool Drinks and the like for keeping my epic Guard up.
Back to top Go down
parasky
Jaggi
parasky

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Yesterday, I managed to fully upgrade the jho hammer and created the ceadeus sword and shield and agna switch axe.

Don't know what i'll do.
Back to top Go down
http://parasky.tumblr.com/
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 7:00 am

Okay, so I found a couple of hackers today. They were low rank but spammed Alatreon, so I decided to join as fast as I could to jump up some ranks, get a good chunk o'money, and materials. I've got just about everything I need except tails for the Alatreon Lance, and I got Gaiasp, Rough Edge and a Worn Hammer to boot as well as some decent talismans.

Hackers aside, I did Land Lords and Rage Match for the first time ever.
I'm actually suprised at how well I did this time, especially with my new High Sieglinde (P) and using a tali and some gemming for Quake Res. I still have trouble, but far less than before. I just need to remember to bring Armour Seeds...

Edit: going online now to get me some Conqueror's Seals and materials. I'm sick of no one doing any of the double quests I'm posting!
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 10:05 pm

rather frustrating w'end for me, had a good session fri night, which for some reason was very agna focussed.

the rest of the w'end I was having a lot of DC problems due to serious storms here (i lost power once, other suburbs were down all day)

did manage to make a new friend, Simone, she was all polite when she came into the city I'd made, asking if I was going solo or minded her joining, which is a way to get in my good books

Had a 3rd person come in, didn't even say hi then went and posted a quest... i joined as I thought Simone had posted, wasn't paying enough attention. Simone starts telling him to get some manners and he's "no, it's a game"; I cancelled and said I agree with her, she left the city, random guy swears at me then leaves the city too.

Luckily managed to message Simone and got her back, then DCed, then found her again, got half way through a hunt then DCed again Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:14 pm

WOO-HOO!

I just sent Gobul back where he came from!

Here's how I did it (don't laugh - I really used these advantages!)

Great Jaggi Armor (which naturally has Halve Stun and AuS) gemmed to AuM.

When Jaws prepared his flash, I simply began rolling like a maniac - I rolled right through several.

As an added bonus, I DID NOT CART ONCE.
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Last night I finally got around to doing Rage Match, did it a couple of times so I can now get some lether pants Yes by vort

After that we decided to do the double bari quest, the others DCed very early leaving just 2 of us. Neither of us were going too well, after the first bari I only had 4 mega potions and 2 max potions left, always start with 10 mega, 10 potions + 10 honey to mix on the go, even had to raid the supplies. Finally started getting it together for the 2nd bari, finished with 3 mintues left and 1 max potion left Yes by vort that's exactly the kind of quest I like.

Then we had some HR 49 guy enter our 51+ city, didn't say a thing and posted jhen... was wearing some mix of 3 or 4 armors that did nothing, forget which skill he had but nothing special. Figured we'd give him a chance but wasn't going to do jhen and told him so, he switched to diablos. After that he was able to post his urgent Ala quest, I was very tempted to say no due to him being rude (would be nice to say thanks, please etc... realise he might not speak english but you get used to that on these servers) whispered to the others that I didn't like him cause of that, but was going to do the quest so I could lol when he died. He actually lasted longer than I thought he would, prob cause he spent about half of the quest on the other side of the map, so I was nice and kept leading Ala back his way.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Well, I'm now at the point where the game starts to lose interest for me (I'm HR95 with my second character). I'm not a pro gamer, so I'm not going for the challenge of speed runs or minimalist equipment. I'm good, but I still get hit a bit (especially since I'll usually have a beer while gaming).

Still, I do find it cathartic to pound a monster from time to time. And the Moga Wood Free Hunt works great for that!

During one of these hunts lately, I had gotten Los limping and he had flown off to Area 7. Well, he had gone over the edge, and I proceeded to trip him as he was flying back up. I heard him crash to the bottom of the well. Needless to say, as he recovered and flew up again, I killed him, and down he went into the bottom of the well, and me with no ladder. And no carves. /versad/

But I still got the 4* Vermillion Scale in the Hunt Report, so all was good.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 2:54 am

awesome people being awesome n_n

the key to meeting good randoms is just being in the exact place at the exact time or enter one special city, been there done that.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 5:33 am

Had a go at Barroth after a long time so I can get Bastion Blitz. Good times constantly evading every single charge.
It happened to be the [Advanced] Barroth Buster, and apart from a new record size (barely) the only + materials I got from Barroth were its carves. Everything else was plain Low Rank.
Rage by sipax
Back to top Go down
Rowiehz
Melynx
Rowiehz

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 9:36 am

Still no Rathian Ruby...

And Diablos suddenly turns out to be a real pain in the butt for me nowadays. I don't know what happened. I used to hunt one rather easily before, but I guess I lost it?

Freakin' 40 minutes before it's dead. WHAT /scar/
Back to top Go down
http://rowiehz.tumblr.com/
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
Had a go at Barroth after a long time so I can get Bastion Blitz. Good times constantly evading every single charge.
It happened to be the [Advanced] Barroth Buster, and apart from a new record size (barely) the only + materials I got from Barroth were its carves. Everything else was plain Low Rank.
Rage by sipax

Don't mind meh asking, but what's with dat siggy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 32 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next