Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

Go down 
+85
Ken Kurobasa
Shindouz
A Drunk Ninja
Raptor98
Raecarmicheal
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Tarath
RupertKnight
Big Boss
Cambell
Armoured Barioth
PerfectHeaD
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Fazermint
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Ticky
Roik
Darklinghunter
Win32error
comaprison
evahnulahm
devilution
Will
Slyffer
ShadowCeadeusDM324
TheLaw
Craeme
opok8
Enkidu
CottonEyedJho
Sephastus
Chagrilled
haruno
frostymm
Evilpwner
Randomhunter
Edsain
Andy124
HaBa912
Jake Johnson
sakura808
Shepherd
Sir Tristen
IceMage88
enemy61390
Azurian
Saisei
PixelP
PAiN---
Yuki
Hawkfriend
Dragsaw
MasterOnion
elchele
kama
IBGenius
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
bill_the_noob
E&Troy
Traiaprax
Silverwind
Antari18
Outkin
Atalanta
Tirith
Volke
Sai_
flyingdingus
Snagglux
Gilgames
Quentin
Arkenaw
parasky
DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x
It's meh
TKMT
MHWF
Lalo
laoshanicrus
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 8:29 am

dcj91x wrote:
I'm with Daniel on this one. The "problem" a lot of times is that

Regardless of how short of a time or long of a time you have been playing MH, the Village quests can teach you a lot and get you some items that you can't get online. (Shaka Masks and Argosy items) [...]

Not only that dcj91x. Unfortunately game literally forces you to complete pretty much whole village and recently I experienced this on myself when I was using my second character.

You can't get Long/Slender/Large Fragments up till Village High Rank (you have to beat HR Urgent which is P.Ludroth). They're extremely usefull in creating endgame sets, mainly Grongigas, Rising Tempest, Sandsoother, Bushido - best/top weapons in their classes.

You can't built proper Evasion sets because to make Evasion+3 jewel (Evasion jewel 2) you need 2 Lagombi Pelt+, which can be obtained only from HR Lagombi. There's no HR Lagombi in Port... could this be coincident?

The same can be said about HR Jhen Mohran. You have to do village request to unlock it in village and port as (on top of it) canteen quest (!). Of course there's way around it, you can ask someone online to post it for you, but yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 2:00 pm

I have a hypothesis and would like confirmation if anyone knows.
So when doing some R. Luddy farming I was using the Narga Z gunner armor and I got hit a few times with its water ball thing. I was suprised to see that I didn't have water blight. The elemental resistance to water is +15 and the numbers are green I think. So does elemental resistance affect/negate different blight statuses?
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 2:36 pm

yes they do. i think it's +10 negates light blight, +15 also strong blight (might also be 15/20)
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 4:22 pm

in 3U your resistance in the status menu will have an icon of the blight level it, ie the waterblight icon if it blocks it and the double drop if it blocks strong blight
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 6:31 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
Can rage mode G-rank Narga be pitfall trapped? The last 3 times I've tried he's done his little side jump straight out of it, but the trap itself has gone off.
The only way to trap a Nargacuga is for the beast to be enraged.
And yes, he can be pitfall trapped.
Back to top Go down
Ken Kurobasa
Cephalos
Ken Kurobasa

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 12:01 am

Hmm, well I got a question then it seems. I am curious as to what are the overall best element bows to get? I was reading on Gamefaqs and apparently they believe rapid element bows are the best (most of them had rapid types) and basically held anything spread with low regard. Personally I enjoy spread but anyway, regardless of shot type, I am curious what are some of the best element bows in the game? If they need skills to unlock their full potential so be it then.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 12:41 am

I personally think Spread is the best for Element, Rapid is good for in between, and Pierce is good for raw (from what I've seen in the Arena, haven't tried it practically for Pierce) Rapid and Pierce go back and forth depending on Monster size though, if its large enough Pierce will hit more, but if its too small (or approaches too often/quickly) Rapid is better

Gonna list my recommended in order of best to "worst" (element wise) sorted by Element

Fire
Strong Heart/ Rysurrection (w/Load Up and Focus)
Arko tri (R)

Water
Arken Victrine/Bamaboo Kaguya (w/Awaken)
Aquasteed Harp (w/Load Up and Focus)

Ice
Arko Tri (W)
Amber Arc Valanga

Thunder
Arko Tri (Y) [Honestly the best bow ever IMO, maybe not most effective on everything, but definitely great for weaknesses)
Oppressor's Answer

Dragon
tie for All three
Styg for in between and small monsters
Worldseerer's for medium monster and status
and Altheos for Elder sized Monsters

I'd give better reasoning but my comp took a backspace as a back page and wiped all my typing
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:25 am

The list Daniel gave looks pretty good to me. Currently I am using the Arko Tri Y for my thunder bow, the Strong heart for my fire bow and the Bamboo Kaguya for my water bow. I'm working on other sets for more but don't have them done yet.
As for shot type what works best for me, based upon my experience, is spread shots for element. I like focus on my sets and let the lvl. 2 charges for these three bows fly as often as I can. I also think that bows lean towards element more than raw damage.
I made a set for the Bamboo Kaguya that I'm pretty excited about so I'm going to share it. It's based off of antari's(I think) set and you can get awaken, focus, water attack +2 and evasion.

Head: Slagtoth cowl
Body: Giginox X (Volvi X works too but I like the look of gigi better)
Arms: Lagicrus X
Waist: Durambos X
Legs: Lagicrus X
Talisman water attack +7 then you can gem in evasion and the rest of focus.

I don't think the talisman would be to rare but if you don't have the talisman you can decide what you want more, water attack or evasion.

EDIT: For the fire and thunder bows above I have +2 attack with each element.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 10:10 am

I have a couple of questions about the mission to repel Ceadeus.

First, how do I know when I've done enough damage to his beard and horn to be able to move on to the next piece of him - will Cha or Kayamba say something about it?

Secondly, what would be the best weapon style?

I currently use a Carapace Hammer + for raw damage; I also have a pair of Bloodwings+ to be able to land ten hits in the same amount of time it would take to triple pound that hammer (I know poison is worthless in this fight); at the same time, I have a lightning LS (a Chainslaughter.)
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 11:17 am

As soon as you shear the beard, Ceadeus will peg it straight through the remaining areas to the third area. Cha-cha will say something like 'chase him to his watery lair' or... something. I dunno. If you're talking about actually fighting him in the final area though, there isn't a way of telling. Just keep pounding on him til the time runs out. IIRC the first time you do the mission, he automatically runs and the quest ends as soon as you hit the repel threshold.

I would say use the Chainslaughter, but that's pretty much a guess and taking into account ease of use. If you can, upgrade everything as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Ceadeus is very weak to dragon so if you have any weapons with that would be great. I can't comment on what weapon to use because I have switched to gunning when I fight Ceadeus.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Dragon and Cut for his beard, which considering that NEEDS to be broken otherwise he'll run when you get to the entrance to 3, and you'll fail, is the most important part to be damaged.

The Bug Dual Blades are amazing in this fight, but to get the useful version you need access to high rank (which is possible in the port without fighting Ceadus)

Thunder is the next best option so your Chainslaughter, or any Lagia weapon you can make, like the Thunderclap+
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 8:02 am

Currently, to complete a Lagiacrus armor set (Partbreaker is good for fighting Ceadeus) and a Vortex Hammer (Ceadeus is weak to Lightning), I need:

3 Lagiacrus Horns
1 Lagiacrus Plate

and

1 Isisium

The Isisium I can get easily (Tundra mining), but what must I do to get the three horns and one plate?
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 8:13 am

Horns you need to break the Lagiacrus' horns to have a chance of getting one in the reward.
The plate is the Lagiacrus' rare drop item that you can get from carving its body or tail. it's about a 2-4% chance I believe though.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:47 pm

you cannot carve plates from the body, capturing and breaking head are the only ways other than tail carves to get them
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 8:10 am

Oh right, I was getting mixed up with Zinogre Jaspers being carvable from Zinogre's body. Ever since I got all those jaspers the percentages have kinda stuck with me for all monster's rare carves. :p
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 11:03 am

yeah Zin and Brach, with it actually being better to slay them (if the whole team doesn't have Ultra Lucky, Great Luck or Capture Master) for gem chances
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:59 pm

How much does fortify boost atk and def?
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:45 pm

So can Diablos limp? I've literally never seen it happen, either because they're always enraged, or they dig to the next area
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:55 am

MetaMarx wrote:
How much does fortify boost atk and def?

not sure about def but as far as i know fainting once gives you +10% attk and fainting twice 20%.

DanielisAwsome52 wrote:
So can Diablos limp? I've literally never seen it happen, either because they're always enraged, or they dig to the next area

no it doesn't limp it didn't in the older games either (unite,..). when it is really week it will just get to ragemode faster (when not enraged every dmg no matter how small will get it to ragemode)
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:48 pm

To complete my Lagiacrus armor and Vortex Hammer (both of which I plan to use to hunt Ceadeus), I need:

Two Lagiacrus Horns (for the Vortex Hammer)

and

One Lagiacrus Plate (for the Lagiacrus Greaves)

What do I need to continually hit on Lagiacrus to get them?
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Head, and cut that tail, then capture, head is the only way to get a horn (has highest percentage though) and breaking the head has a 3% chance of a plate, then tail has a 4% chance to carve a plate, and capture has a 6% chance of receiving the plate.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 7:23 pm

Normally I don't post here asking questions as usually mine are far more specific and thus usually warrant a topic of their own but...

Is it possible for the Mock Melynx Mask to steal a Skyswayer from Alatreon's G Rank version?
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 7:28 pm

Nova wrote:
Normally I don't post here asking questions as usually mine are far more specific and thus usually warrant a topic of their own but...

Is it possible for the Mock Melynx Mask to steal a Skyswayer from Alatreon's G Rank version?

As far as i know, the mask can only steal carve-able things, so a swayer cannot be stolen
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 7:41 pm

MetaMarx wrote:
Nova wrote:

As far as i know, the mask can only steal carve-able things, so a swayer cannot be stolen

Well that sucks, bit rusty and trying to solo Alatreon G rank for his skyswayer so i can finish off his bow line so I can go wreck A.Lagi with a dragon bow...don't have the fast charge charm i need for my kelbi bow set so instead I have speed sheathing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 41 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
Page 41 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next