Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

Go down 
+85
Ken Kurobasa
Shindouz
A Drunk Ninja
Raptor98
Raecarmicheal
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Tarath
RupertKnight
Big Boss
Cambell
Armoured Barioth
PerfectHeaD
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Fazermint
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Ticky
Roik
Darklinghunter
Win32error
comaprison
evahnulahm
devilution
Will
Slyffer
ShadowCeadeusDM324
TheLaw
Craeme
opok8
Enkidu
CottonEyedJho
Sephastus
Chagrilled
haruno
frostymm
Evilpwner
Randomhunter
Edsain
Andy124
HaBa912
Jake Johnson
sakura808
Shepherd
Sir Tristen
IceMage88
enemy61390
Azurian
Saisei
PixelP
PAiN---
Yuki
Hawkfriend
Dragsaw
MasterOnion
elchele
kama
IBGenius
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
bill_the_noob
E&Troy
Traiaprax
Silverwind
Antari18
Outkin
Atalanta
Tirith
Volke
Sai_
flyingdingus
Snagglux
Gilgames
Quentin
Arkenaw
parasky
DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x
It's meh
TKMT
MHWF
Lalo
laoshanicrus
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:15 am

Nice, you will do just fine with that set.

Q: Does anybody know when I would want to use Griffon Blazooka over Eclipse Gambit and vice versa? I only have Griffon atm, but I have access to make Eclipse Gambit also. My current Pierce set is Critical Eye+3/ Rock Steady/ Recoil Down+1/ Pierce S Up.

Last edited by PAiN--- on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:28 am

So I recently found the gods isle ancient shard and I am super pumped! What I am not pumped about is the 80 more earth crystals to finish the upgrade. Thoughts on whether regular mining or trying for slick axes to multiply is the faster method?
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:34 am

Nice, ah yes. The Earth Crystal needed mat xD The best way I got mine was mining. You can get about 100 Earth Crystals in about 20-30 minutes easy. Moga Night, area 4 is the absolute fastest way to get them. Just bring axes, go to Area 4 and mine. Loop around twice to make sure you get all the spawns. Return to village, repeat. Also make sure Shakas have gathering on for those occasional extra Earth Crystals xD
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Great advice on area 4, I hadn't really mined there in ultimate and it seems like nodes continuously spawn. Spent time letting kayamba grill steaks and mining got me over 120 crystals in about an hour. Probably could have been faster but I stopped to kill some monsters that ran across my path in the woods.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:58 am

Anyone here good with Duals? I have the first upgrade to the basic pair you start with but I don't know what I should be aiming at for further upgrading. :/

Also, is LR Wroggi worth getting just for the Razor Sharp? Or are there better sets for the DS?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:29 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
Anyone here good with Duals? I have the first upgrade to the basic pair you start with but I don't know what I should be aiming at for further upgrading. :/

Also, is LR Wroggi worth getting just for the Razor Sharp? Or are there better sets for the DS?

I wouldn't consider myself a pro with DS or anything, but the Insecticutters are nice DS you can make from mainly Bnhabrahbarbhabrhabra and Altaroth parts. You'll also need one Monster Bone+. Those DS have dragon element and you can get them relatively early on.

As for armor, anything is good. I used leather armor up to High Rank. After that I got High Rank Leather, as well as High Rank Jaggi armor.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 2:57 pm

^ Thanks, got myself the Insecticutters and they're blitzing everything I've hunted thus far (just done hunted Lagombi for the first time before I went around mopping up Village Requests)

If any armour's good, I guess I'll just stick with Jaggi for now then. Thanks again. ^^
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
^ Thanks, got myself the Insecticutters and they're blitzing everything I've hunted thus far (just done hunted Lagombi for the first time before I went around mopping up Village Requests)

If any armour's good, I guess I'll just stick with Jaggi for now then. Thanks again. ^^

Your Welcome. Also, I used LR Jaggi armor on one of my characters up to High rank, then I got HR Jaggi armor. After that, I got G rank Jaggi armor. It carried me up to, and through, the Dire Maralis. (I have no idea how to spell that) Jaggi armor FTW!
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Anyone knows what's the fastest/easiest way of getting Zin Skymerald? I need one of those so badly for Nether swax upgrade >_<
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Antari18 wrote:
Anyone knows what's the fastest/easiest way of getting Zin Skymerald? I need one of those so badly for Nether swax upgrade >_<

If you have a VE Cosmic Ticket, you can trade it to the Veggie Elder in Misty Peaks.

Otherwise, the best shot is to get Carving Master and run Cloudless Thunder. Cut the tails, break the horns, and slay both Zins. It's about a 30% chance per run that you'll get at least one Skymerald. Without Carving Master, it's about 25%.

That's not always available, so then the next choices are
Fang Fang You're Dead (single Zin) and Mountain Massacre. Probabilities are similar (around 15% for Fang Fang and 17% for Mountain w/o farming skills), but Fang Fang is faster. Run Mountain if you also need Ian Mantles.

OR... just tail farm. Start Fang Fang, and cut tail. Check for Skymerald. If none, abandon. If you get one, finish the quest. Carving Master helps here, too. If you're soloing, this is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Ow thank you! Yeah i was aware of tail farming but for some random reason completely forgot about Carving Master! Getting only one carve per run was do boring and depressing... LOL Thanks for advice man :)I think it will speed this proces up a bit Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:27 pm

Two questions:

Is Low Rank Wroggi armor with the Wroggi LS a decent choice (gemming in Status)?

And more importantly, if you don't have access to a WiiU, can you still do the G-rank quests to get G-rank armors and equipment? I would assume this is done through Port Tanzia.
Back to top Go down
Roik
Tigrex
Roik

Thank you Points : 156

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Sure, why not? Poison is pretty good now on most monsters, and Razor Sharp will help you too. Even though Purple Ludroth LS is better in the end, the Wroggi LS is the best poison LS you can make before then, and it doesn't require any rare materials. I would really try to forge elemental long swords as well though.

Oh and I saw in your signature that you use lances too. The Gigginox Lance is sick on G Rank. It has 506 raw and 510 Poison. It only gains more white sharpness with Sharpness +1 though, not purple, so use Razor Sharp or nothing at all with it.

And yes, you can do everything you want offline on a 3DS.

Last edited by Roik on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:22 pm

For the Artisan's Hammer award, do the weapons you make have to be from scratch?
Back to top Go down
Roik
Tigrex
Roik

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:25 pm

I'm not 100% certain, but I think just only need to forge the final versions of weapons. In other words, upgrade 'till you can't upgrade no mo'.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Well yes, the Wroggi LS would be temporary until I could get to the Lucent Nargacuga LS with the Gigginox X armor. As for elementals, I was thinking about the Rathalos and Plesioth ones, the latter could be built out of the Wroggi LS as a bonus.

What would you recommend for lancing, aside from the Gigginox one? I used to have the Agnaktor Firelance back in Tri, but it seems to me I should just go with the Dire Miralis one when I get that far.
Back to top Go down
Roik
Tigrex
Roik

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:48 pm

I don't use Lances, but picking your endgame lances should be straightforward. Just use the wiki's Lance Weapon Tree to make you decision. The Rathalos Lances may be better than the Miralis ones because all Miralis weapons have low raw damage.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Monster Bone L where? ._.

6 Barroth runs (where they supposedly are) and all I'm getting are S and M.
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Crystalis wrote:
Monster Bone L where? ._.

6 Barroth runs (where they supposedly are) and all I'm getting are S and M.

Nope, not in Barroth runs.

Earliest you can see them in the village is Rathian and Gigginox quest rewards.

For future reference, good item searches can be found at http://kiranico.com/
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:51 pm

What's the best way to farm talismans?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:39 am

MetaMarx wrote:
What's the best way to farm talismans?

Which talismans would you be trying to farm?
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:56 am

Gathering set, farm volcano. Low, High, or G-Rank whatever kind you need. Or Armor set with Charmer and Bombardier only, low defense. Eat for Explorer, choose Purple Ludroth HR6 Quest, mine and gather for charms. Blow yourself up with bombs, repeat.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:58 am

Supposedly you can harpoon Tuna in area 10 of D.Isle to get Big Fins and Dash Extract, two things I need in varying quantities. But... I can't even find them. All the fish in area 10 I've seen so far flee straight away as soon as you get in range to harpoon, so that to me suggests they're fishing fish... with worms 'n' stuff.

Can anyone help me out? Delex are too much of a pain to farm with any kind of efficiency.

EDIT: Nevermind, found what I was looking for. I think because it was a ludroth breeding day there weren't any about. Went back to the village then headed out again and there were some around.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Alright farming the volcano doesn't sound too hard. What rank would nab me an Attack +7 tali?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
Page 25 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next