Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SSB WiiU/3DS update Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SSB WiiU/3DS update Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSB WiiU/3DS update

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

SSB WiiU/3DS update Empty
PostSSB WiiU/3DS update

Well.. the new Super Smash Brothers game.. they decided to remove story mode and cutscenes from the game.

What had happened was someone stole/acquiered copies of early video of several of the games cutscenes and uploaded them to youtube and other internet sites.

The games creator, Masahiro Sakurai, said this in response “Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet. You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cut scenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I’ve decided against having them.”

it seems they decided to remove the mode more because they wanted it to be a reward and felt "the reward" they were giving to people was taken away from them after working so hard on it..

It seems .. odd however and may not be what it appears as I find it difficult to believe that something that has been such a big [art of the series would just be removed.

On the same note however it would allow the series and games to focus more strictly on the fighting elements and become more of a straight fighting game then it has been in previous incarnation.....

What do you all think? would they really remove story mode and cutscenes and if they do would you rather see SSB as a full blown hard core fighting series?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

SSB WiiU/3DS update :: Comments

Yamatsu
Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update
Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:36 pm by Yamatsu
They're only removing cutscenes from SSB4, no word on the story mode itself. Also dcj it sounds like you're saying the cutscenes from SSB4 were leaked; it's because of the Brawl cutscenes that he doesn't want any in SSB4.

Not going to make assumptions on where you got the information, but the Kotaku article blew things out of proportion. In his quote, Sakurai never mentioned removing the entire story mode in the game, just the cutscenes.

It's a terrible excuse and I think Sakurai went full retard if this is true and his excuse, but on the other hand I don't mind if something like the subspace emissary is gone... It was DECENT the first time, but most people only played it to get all the characters. So I don't really care.
dcj91x
Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:10 pm by dcj91x
ahh.. that does sound different. The sites i read were all just talking about SSB4 made no mention of other games.. And did state both story mode and cutscenes... and yes.. personal opinion is that this is the stupidest thing to do.. though the fighting if fun and all, i really enjoyed the single player modes and all the extras of past ssb games..

http://www.famitsu.com/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/07/26/wii-us-super-smash-bros-wont-have-story-mode-for-the-worst-reason-ever/

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/19082/20130725/super-smash-bros-news-no-story-mode.htm
Sephastus
Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:35 pm by Sephastus
Punish the fans over the fault of one of your workers... yep, sounds pretty dumb to me. In any case, I don't ever remember playing a fighting game FOR the cutscenes... I have rarely done that. I play the game for the fun, and as has been stated, to unlock more characters. So this announcement doesn't really break the game for me.
Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:46 pm by Oni Zelkami
Is there anywhere we can at least see the cutscenes? If they're cutting out story mode, they might as well just leave them up.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:47 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Masahiro Sakurai is an idiot for this, plain and simple. He's acting like a pathetic child. Oh well, I wasn't planning on getting the game anyways (not a big fan of the series, sorry lol).

That said, anyone have these leaked cutscenes? I can't find them anywhere.
Yamatsu
Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:24 pm by Yamatsu
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's cutscenes from BRAWL he was talking about...
/palm/
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:22 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Yamatsu wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

/palm/

Uhh I think you might be mistaken? Brawl was out a long time ago, he's talking about Wii U.
Ultimate Jaggi
Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:32 am by Ultimate Jaggi
Nova wrote:
Yamatsu wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

/palm/

Uhh I think you might be mistaken? Brawl was out a long time ago, he's talking about Wii U.

No he was talking about how he put lots of effort into brawl's cutscenes and people just leaked them on youtube.

That's why He doesn't want to go through the effort if people don't have to buy the game to see them.

That being said, why are you guys being so insensitive?
The poor guy's been working his ass off trying to finish the game with an injury that greatly hinders him even PLAYTESTING the game.

How is he pathetic, honestly I would take a man's health over a game anyday. He can't even use a mouse for god's sake. He needs a trackball.

Go easy on him, he is human you know.
Ares
Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:44 am by Ares
And unless it's a huge fuck up compared to the other games in the series, cutscenes or no, we'll all love it and still play the crap out of it.
dcj91x
Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:07 pm by dcj91x
In the end... Who seriously plays it for the story mode and cutscenes anyways.
Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:18 pm by Guest
why do you think he removed a story mode if he says that cutscenes as a reward is stupid? There could be something else story-ish that relies on something else as the reward...
Lalo
Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:59 pm by Lalo
there is a story mode, just without cutscenes, I hope it's actually a "story" mode and not only adventure like melee.

I actually enjoyed Subspace Emisary cutscenes, I mean, who can forget captain falcon landing and killing all those pikmin? priceless
Otoshimo
Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:53 pm by Otoshimo
for everyone that clearly can't look up shit and are debating about false information:
yes, it was confirmed that there will be no Story Mode or cutscenes in SSB4. there are still going to be special introduction videos for the new characters ( that is at least Sakurai's intent), and the 3DS version will incorporate a game mode not available within the WiiU version that differs from the traditional versus play of the series. What that mode is has not been confirmed yet at this time. There is a feature in development that will allow Customized 3DS characters to be transferrable to WiiU versions of the game.

There, caught up now? about friecking time...

which means  you can pretty much expect to see Adventure mode, All- Star, & Classic mode filling the spots if we see them at all.

and yea, cutscenes & Subspace were cool & all in SSBB. but from picking up a copy on release date to the tourney we had 2 weeks at G-fest, I can count the number of times I've ever gone back & watched the cutscenes on my hand. Not that big of a deal.
Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:20 am by Guest
Adventure mode was story mode.
Will
Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:51 am by Will
Otoshimo wrote:
it's cute how vort still thinks I will give a fuck about anything he has to say

\
Stop being a petty and whiny, vort simply made a statement 100% relevant to the topic at hand.
Ultimate Jaggi
Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:31 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
sign it
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/sora-sakurai-add-reggie-fils-aime-to-the-super-smash-bros-3ds-wii-u-roster-reggieforsmashbros#

Nao
MasterOnion
Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:54 pm by MasterOnion
... I'm dissapointed that I have to lock this thread.

Mod Edit - I think that this thread should be allowed to continue and those who posted inappropriate comments have had their comments deleted - Law
JFizzle
Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:36 am by JFizzle
I used to love Smash Bros. back in the day. My BF at work has been trying to find an OG copy for his 64 for under $30. I told him good damn luck. lol.

He keeps saying how he's gonna beat my ass at it once he does. I just smile and shake my head. He doesn't understand just how hard he's going to be cussing at the tv screen.

This will be sweet when it releases on the U. It'll be interesting to see how they have improved the play mechanics. On a game like Smash Bros. the story mode is always fun for variety, but I could care less about cutscenes. In a game without any real story to it, cutscenes are just a waste. The meat and taters of Smash Bros. lies in online and multiplayer.
MasterOnion
Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:49 am by MasterOnion
... Am I the only one that actually watched all of the cutscenes and enjoyed them?
MetaMarx
Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:08 am by MetaMarx
No Onion, I liked em a lot.
dcj91x
Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:05 pm by dcj91x
Yes.. You all heard correctly.

LUIGI IS AN OFFICIAL FIGHTER!!!!

SSB WiiU/3DS update Super-Smash-Brothers-Luigi-04

SSB WiiU/3DS update Super-Smash-Brothers-Luigi-06
Ataraxia
Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:41 pm by Ataraxia
I hope they changed his Final Smash, (assuming that's even a thing in the new ones, I forget) his dance and the effects the AoE field gave were... pretty weird. It didn't feel like it belonged on Luigi's kit.
dcj91x
Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:53 am by dcj91x
http://www.ign.com/blogs/smashbroswiiu/2013/09/22/full-smash-brothers-3ds-and-wii-u-roster-leak-you-are-welcome
TheLaw
Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:05 am by TheLaw
Did I just read that 'Ike' was cut from the WiiU/3DS version of SSB? D:

*TheLaw mourns over his favourite character
Post  by Sponsored content

SSB WiiU/3DS update

Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next