Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSB WiiU/3DS update

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 3 Empty
PostSSB WiiU/3DS update

Well.. the new Super Smash Brothers game.. they decided to remove story mode and cutscenes from the game.

What had happened was someone stole/acquiered copies of early video of several of the games cutscenes and uploaded them to youtube and other internet sites.

The games creator, Masahiro Sakurai, said this in response “Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet. You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cut scenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I’ve decided against having them.”

it seems they decided to remove the mode more because they wanted it to be a reward and felt "the reward" they were giving to people was taken away from them after working so hard on it..

It seems .. odd however and may not be what it appears as I find it difficult to believe that something that has been such a big [art of the series would just be removed.

On the same note however it would allow the series and games to focus more strictly on the fighting elements and become more of a straight fighting game then it has been in previous incarnation.....

What do you all think? would they really remove story mode and cutscenes and if they do would you rather see SSB as a full blown hard core fighting series?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

SSB WiiU/3DS update :: Comments

Lalo
Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update
Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:25 pm by Lalo
She looks like Olimar+Ice climbers.
Great potential for combos
Otoshimo
Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:02 pm by Otoshimo
Lalo wrote:
She looks like Olimar+Ice climbers.
Great potential for combos

she looks way to good for combos bro. God, i nearly shed a tear for Pit getting bamboozled by that C-Stick left/grapple trap. Luma already looks like it gives rosa way too much coverage for practically everything. practically everyone who smashes knew she would make it into SSB4, and I'm glad to see that it happened. but no... she already looks like next-gen MK...
Andrew.
Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:41 pm by Andrew.
Sort of relevant to this:
http://geektyrant.com/news/show-me-your-moves-documentary-on-the-competitive-world-of-super-smash-bros-melee

Actually rather interesting to watch.
dcj91x
Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:50 pm by dcj91x
My problem... Most of the games they showed in the latest direct seem to be geared towards younger age groups.. Nothing was really shown for older teen or adults overall except maybe the zelda game and of course Bravely.. Even Smash Brother so far seemes as if it's been.. Lessened to be more of a slap stick comedy game for children than a fighting game to be taken seriously.

Don't be mistaken though, I still like the way it looks and will enjoy it all the same I'm just... wanting something more. I really liked the Last Smash game... It seemed to have just about everything i really wanted personally and I liked all the extra modes, and while I am glad they keep showing off the stages and the fighters what else is there? They have talked about everything it wont have and really we knew most of the fighters they kep announcing were going to be in it. yea Megaman and the trainer were a suprise.. the AC kid.. nice to have but I wasn't really suprised by it, nore was I by sonic.

Anyways.. What other modes are there? Show me something that will impress me, something actually new.

Just saying.
Oni Zelkami
Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:28 pm by Oni Zelkami
dcj91x wrote:
My problem... Most of the games they showed in the latest direct seem to be geared towards younger age groups.. Nothing was really shown for older teen or adults overall except maybe the zelda game and of course Bravely.. Even Smash Brother so far seemes as if it's been.. Lessened to be more of a slap stick comedy game for children than a fighting game to be taken seriously.

Because Smash Bros was always supposed to be taken seriously.

Btw, so hype for Hyrule Warriors. I hope that we can get Groose and Ghirahim playable.
dcj91x
Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:07 pm by dcj91x
^ ehh... maybe I just take things too seriously.. I mean it's not like I take the whole "finish them" thing seriously and actually go out and finish off the people I beat in a fighting game in real life...  /nerv/  right....

And by the way.. i do thake that video seriously... That was some serious environmental damage they caused.
Otoshimo
Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:27 pm by Otoshimo
Oni Zelkami wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

Because Smash Bros was always supposed to be taken seriously.

No shit. Dude just now realized thats what SSB is in a nutshell: a serious slapstick comedy fighting game.
dcj91x
Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:43 pm by dcj91x
So it's genra is: SSCFG: serious slapstick comedy fighting game

yup.. i can see that
Oni Zelkami
Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:48 pm by Oni Zelkami
Regardless of how goofy the actual game is, as long as the gameplay is tight and it can make it to competitive, people will take it "seriously". Just like with any fighting game.
dcj91x
Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:12 am by dcj91x
Just like Clay Fighters
Sai_
Post Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:39 am by Sai_
Wii Fit trainer? I was expecting something more exciting...
Am I supposed to get exercised to death?
Oni Zelkami
Post Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:36 am by Oni Zelkami
A bit late for "expectations" don't you think?
MetaMarx
Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:47 pm by MetaMarx
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 3 Ashlo10

New assist trophy for anyone who hasn't seen it yet
Oni Zelkami
Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:07 am by Oni Zelkami
I hope her effect is turning everyone into Spoons.
MetaMarx
Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:50 pm by MetaMarx
Oni Zelkami wrote:
I hope her effect is turning everyone into Spoons.

I was a little bummed it wasn't any other WarioWare character, but Ashley will be the best assist trophy if that happens
PAiN---
Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:57 pm by PAiN---
Apex 2014 just rolled through my city, went with a few friends that competed, around 800 people showed up, was intense.
GobulHunterJames
Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:11 am by GobulHunterJames
It's simple, opponents have to stay near her or she'll use a fire spell on them.
"Maybe we could be friends, and if you say no, you're toast."
Oni Zelkami
Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:46 am by Oni Zelkami
Not a bad idea, but simple Human to Spoon transmogrification is still better.
Oni Zelkami
Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm by Oni Zelkami
Not sure how credible this is, or if most have already seen this, but I found some interesting leaks that were supposedly posted on NeoGaf.

Spoiler:

GobulHunterJames
Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:19 am by GobulHunterJames
I'm not sure why but Snake returns and Pac-Man seem kind of iffy for me. We already have 2 third-party characters that aren't strictly Nintendo (Sonic and Mega Man). And there's this quote too
Quote :
In August 2012, Sakurai stated that while the addition of third-party characters appealed to fans and broadened the Smash Bros. audience, he recognized the need to narrow down their inclusion since introducing non-Nintendo characters "willy-nilly" would lose focus of the game.

Also, I have no idea why I didn't notice this before:
Super Smash Bros. For 3DS and Wii U.
'Super Smash Bros. Four'
Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:11 am by Oni Zelkami
That is a good point, but I'd doubt if only one of the two were supposedly leaked. They both have good reasons for being included. Sakurai and Kojima are bros, and he'd be returning from Brawl; and Namco is co-developing the game. Having both included seems to contradict the statement. Or maybe this is where they draw the line for now. In 5, hopefully they'll be more no nonsense on the matter and stick exclusively to characters from new series. *coughsinandpunishmentcough*
Otoshimo
Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:53 pm by Otoshimo
the post is fake. we saw that post and picked it apart already, several things in it that either don't add up with what's been said or just make no sense on their own.

Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:28 pm by Oni Zelkami
Did you read it? It's different than the one posted on IGN.
Otoshimo
Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:44 pm by Otoshimo
I'm assuming you mean the September IGN "leak". Yes, I got the word passed on to me about the Neogaf after it was posted. There's more credibility with things in it than the IGN fail, but there's still those few tie-bits in the Neogaf that throw it off with what we already know/viable sources.
Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:47 pm by Oni Zelkami
Such as? I'm not saying this is 100% legit or credible, but I haven't heard of anything that would dispel any of this either.
Post  by Sponsored content

SSB WiiU/3DS update

Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next