Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 8 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 8 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSB WiiU/3DS update

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 8 Empty
PostSSB WiiU/3DS update

Well.. the new Super Smash Brothers game.. they decided to remove story mode and cutscenes from the game.

What had happened was someone stole/acquiered copies of early video of several of the games cutscenes and uploaded them to youtube and other internet sites.

The games creator, Masahiro Sakurai, said this in response “Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet. You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cut scenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I’ve decided against having them.”

it seems they decided to remove the mode more because they wanted it to be a reward and felt "the reward" they were giving to people was taken away from them after working so hard on it..

It seems .. odd however and may not be what it appears as I find it difficult to believe that something that has been such a big [art of the series would just be removed.

On the same note however it would allow the series and games to focus more strictly on the fighting elements and become more of a straight fighting game then it has been in previous incarnation.....

What do you all think? would they really remove story mode and cutscenes and if they do would you rather see SSB as a full blown hard core fighting series?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

SSB WiiU/3DS update :: Comments

MetaMarx
Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update
Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:51 pm by MetaMarx
I'm getting really excited for all the stages. Especially the recently announced Paper Mario one. It's what I've always wanted! I think that the stage gimmicks are really neat (the Yellow Devil in Wily's Castle is fun, idc what anyone else says), but it's also nice that there are Final Destination versions for each stage. I just won't be playing on any of them for the most part.
TKMT
Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:36 pm by TKMT
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 8 ZlCfzSTaFN8J6JxnZp
Ataraxia
Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:54 am by Ataraxia
TKMT wrote:
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 8 ZlCfzSTaFN8J6JxnZp

"Surprise, I'm back!"
Tomderdepp
Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:50 am by Tomderdepp
So on Miiverse Sakurai posted that there are gonna be special Music themes that are not available on the normal stages for Smash Run on 3DS and they have shared a list of composers that were involved in the songs...

and one of those is: Masato Coda (designwave Co., Ltd.) under Main Compositions they listed Monster Hunter (and El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, which is a XBox game though so i doubt they'll use the soundtrack of it)

i'm not sure if these composeres are only the ones that did the Remixes for Smash or if they are listing the composers that did the original tracks... but if it's the last, we might get the MH soundtrack to use in Smash Run!

there are also some others listed that don't have any games in their "Main Compositions" that are included in Smash yet... so i wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

so do you think this might mean something, or are they only listing people that work on the SSB4 Soundtrack in general?
dcj91x
Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:57 am by dcj91x
^ I wouldn't count anything out from Nintendo right now... So far Smash, Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, and many of there other games have thrown in a lot of suprises people weren't exspecting .. heck even the WiiU hard ware (and 3ds) is still throwing punches that seems to pissing off a lot of 3rd party companies and the media at large and doing things that is bringing a lot of attention to the N (both possitive and negative).

And with MH being so intwined with Nintendo right now and capcom being upfor sale... You never know.. It could be a hint at future things to come...
MetaMarx
Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:23 pm by MetaMarx
FULL LIST OF COMPOSERS FOR 3DS: http://www.smashbros.com/us/music/

I am so hyped for the WiiU version now since it has MORE MUSIC OMFG

Also listen to a sample of those sweet tracks <3

This has been the best update since MegaMan
dcj91x
Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:38 pm by dcj91x
^ Yeah.. Just looked at some of the news updates on other WiiU games as well... Very interesting..

Seems like some heavy guns are being pulled out. They also just released a full game download as an insentive to switch from other consoles to the WiiU.. or to use the WiiU instead
Spoiler:

People were originally saying that early sales of Smash on the 3DS will hurt later sales on the WiiU.. I really don't see that happening.. Heck Just for the music alone I'd buy the two different versions.

*dcj crosses fingers for a sound track of all the music!!!
MetaMarx
Post Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:55 pm by MetaMarx
2 more song samples were added to the music section of the Smash Bros. website.
dcj91x
Post Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:03 pm by dcj91x
They have also announced now that you can lissten to the full 3DS Smash soundtrach while the 3ds is in "Sleep Mode".

A pretty cool new feature...
MetaMarx
Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:17 pm by MetaMarx
2 more song samples have been added to the Smash Bros website
Sai_
Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:01 pm by Sai_
Nintendo of America has been taking down this video a lot for the past 2 days. This can only mean this video is real and it confirms the characters Shulk, Bowser Jr., and Ganondorf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uuHPt0vwNQ
MetaMarx
Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:03 pm by MetaMarx
Leaks take out all the excitement from a roster reveal.
Oni Zelkami
Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:22 pm by Oni Zelkami
Did you see the subreddit? That place was hype as shit when the leaks hit.
Sai_
Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:16 pm by Sai_
Oni Zelkami wrote:

I hope they don't remove the unannounced characters like they did with the story video footage leak.
MetaMarx
Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:19 pm by MetaMarx
Oni Zelkami wrote:

Eh. I'd be way more hyped by a huge and flashy reveal video.
dcj91x
Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:34 pm by dcj91x
I'd be way more hyped by an early release!
Sai_
Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:05 pm by Sai_
New teaser of the new character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUTU4OZrjzY
Quentin
Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:22 pm by Quentin
Well I now know who my new main is
MetaMarx
Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:30 am by MetaMarx
Man... I want to have a demo too. Oh well, we'll get one eventually. Ouch that'll bite into my Hyrule Warrior time. Hopefully MegaMan is one of the 5 in the demo.

Just looked it up. The playable characters in the demo are: Mario, Link, Pikachu, MEGAMAN, and Villager
MetaMarx
Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:33 pm by MetaMarx
Got the demo. 60fps with 3D on omg

Spoiler:
Tomderdepp
Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:07 pm by Tomderdepp
playing the demo is pretty fun, as this is my first smash that i actually own i still got to learn a lot but all in all it's really fun
MetaMarx
Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:22 pm by MetaMarx
Gust Bellows is OP. Not even joking
Tomderdepp
Post Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:12 am by Tomderdepp
does the CPU AI learn? at least that of the stroner ones? or are they just randomly changing between fighting styles?

cause i was just doing a 1on1 fight with Link vs Link (CPU lvl9) and in the first sudden death i just blasted him away with an arrow. in the next match we got to a sudden death again and he seemed to know exectlay what i was planning...
Oni Zelkami
Post Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:22 am by Oni Zelkami
I've heard it's much more intelligent and human like now. I read that someone got into a taunt party with one.
Tomderdepp
Post Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:40 am by Tomderdepp
lol, well i did play some more now and it doesn't seem too apparent as just shooting a charged arrow does seem to work most times. there was just that one that would always block or cancel out my arrows that it seemed like he adapted to the last fight... but yeah the CPUs seem to be well programmed.

looking forward to seeing how the trained AIs of the amiibos will adapt
Post  by Sponsored content

SSB WiiU/3DS update

Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next