Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Official Diablo 3 Thread Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Official Diablo 3 Thread Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Diablo 3 Thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

The Official Diablo 3 Thread Empty
PostThe Official Diablo 3 Thread

Figured I'd make an official thread for this game since certainly some of our members will be playing this game, so post all Diablo 3 related content and info in here, you can talk about anything Diablo 3 related.

On a personal note, originally I wasn't going to even consider the game because I abhor it's Teen rating and Activision behind it, however their new Inferno mode difficulty has me intrigued on whether Blizzard is finally once again producing hard and grueling content that pushes the best of us to our limits or if it's just gonna be a horrendous joke like their "hardmodes" in World of Warcraft raids which end up being a total joke.

As many of you know I am particularly fond of extremely hard games that weed out the weak, and I'm actually hoping Diablo 3's Inferno difficulty will be just that, which would make me want to purchase the game.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

The Official Diablo 3 Thread :: Comments

Oni Zelkami
Re: The Official Diablo 3 Thread
Post Mon May 14, 2012 8:09 am by Oni Zelkami
I've been really interested in Diablo for a while, even though I haven't even seen any gameplay, just the CG.

The only reason I'm interested, is because a few years ago, I played a game called FATE, which I heard was extremely similar to Diablo.

Is there a subscription fee to this game, or just a one-time payment?

EDIT: And Lmao it's rated T? Man I don't pay attention to internet Spots.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Mon May 14, 2012 9:02 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Shin Zelkami wrote:
I've been really interested in Diablo for a while, even though I haven't even seen any gameplay, just the CG.

The only reason I'm interested, is because a few years ago, I played a game called FATE, which I heard was extremely similar to Diablo.

Is there a subscription fee to this game, or just a one-time payment?

EDIT: And Lmao it's rated T? Man I don't pay attention to internet Spots.

Diablo is 1 time payment, and the series used to be rated M, now it's T which I don't like.
dcj91x
Post Mon May 14, 2012 10:39 am by dcj91x
Diablo was always a good series. It basically set the standard for hack and slash games of it's type and moft still follow it's formula.

The creators of Heroe's of Ruin, coming out for the 3DS even said that they looked at Diablo for much of their inspiration (which can easily be seen) as they are huge Diablo fans.

Also, even though it's now rated "T" I havent seen much of a difference. Maybe a little less gore and language but overall not much difference in gameplay...
kama
Post Mon May 14, 2012 11:56 am by kama
Im a Long time Diablo player Since the Saga came out and i admit, its a addictive game. Well maybe not Diablo 1 but Diablo 2+ Expansion is another story. I heard about D3 and the inferno mode so it will be interesting to see what the added to this franchise. However, hows is rated Teen does concern me because they might take out the Blood and violence or what used to be in the previous Diablo.
Tarath
Post Mon May 14, 2012 12:26 pm by Tarath
Never played diablo in my life, and my computer is likely too shit to run it properly. It'll be playable, but not flawless. Soo... don't expect decent play from me? ^,^
Yamatsu
Post Mon May 14, 2012 12:35 pm by Yamatsu
I must have made a battle.net account ages ago.
Forgot password, what name I put with it and shit so I can't use my email for one ;-;
Ataraxia
Post Mon May 14, 2012 7:13 pm by Ataraxia
Is the battle.net account the same as the Guild Wars login thang? I seem to remember Guild Wars running through battle.net...

I'll likely be picking this game up at some point, maybe in a couple of weeks. Never played a Diablo, but from what I've heard and seen, it looks/sounds awesome.
Oni Zelkami
Post Mon May 14, 2012 8:52 pm by Oni Zelkami
Been there, done that...

Spoiler:

ADMIN EDIT: Learn to use spoilers please, that thing was vertically huge and bright.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Mon May 14, 2012 9:12 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Ataraxia wrote:
Is the battle.net account the same as the Guild Wars login thang? I seem to remember Guild Wars running through battle.net...

I'll likely be picking this game up at some point, maybe in a couple of weeks. Never played a Diablo, but from what I've heard and seen, it looks/sounds awesome.

Guild wars is arena.net. completely different.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Tue May 15, 2012 1:01 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Only a little while longer till Diablo 3 is out for those interested. Again feel free to post in this thread however...AVOID SPOILERS...or at the very least if you must make a spoiler, then say it's a spoiler before using our spoiler tags.

Example:

Hey everyone, Diablo 3 Spoiler ahead open at your own risk :
Spoiler:

You don't need to do this clearly when showing off your character via a screenshot or something but if it includes a plot spoiler or the end of the game or anything, don't post it without using the spoiler tags and saying it's a plot spoiler.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Tue May 15, 2012 4:31 am by Phazon Xenomorph
And nevermind, I will NOT be playing Diablo 3. Apparently it FORCES you, for NO reason, to go and update to the latest window's service pack, or it will not install or play. I'm not going to discuss or debate it but I will not play some game that unlike EVERY other game out there (which only needs hardware requirements), to tell me I need to download service packs despite my past issues with them.

Blizzard has lost my sale.

But for everyone who gets it and enjoys it, please feel free to use this thread how you wish, just be sure to obey the rules and not openly post spoilers as detailed in my above post.
1bighiccup
Post Tue May 15, 2012 9:04 am by 1bighiccup
You realise you SHOULD update to the latest Windows Service Pack anyway, right? They exist for a reason.

But hey, at least you won't get the hassle of being unable to play your single-player game because you can't connect to the servers. Seriously, who the **** does that?!
Chagrilled
Post Tue May 15, 2012 9:11 am by Chagrilled
Nova wrote:
And nevermind, I will NOT be playing Diablo 3. Apparently it FORCES you, for NO reason, to go and update to the latest window's service pack, or it will not install or play.

i'm fairly sure service packs are made to make updating windows fresh installs easier. service pack 1 didn't even come with anything new, beyond little bug fixes you would find in a small update. so it seems very strange they force you to do this.
Roik
Post Tue May 15, 2012 10:24 am by Roik
It seems more strange that he's making a problem out of this.

1bighiccup wrote:

But hey, at least you won't get the hassle of being unable to play your single-player game because you can't connect to the servers. Seriously, who the **** does that?!

According to a thread on Reddit, Diablo 3 does.
And now thousands can't play because of the servers being overloaded.
Tarath
Post Tue May 15, 2012 12:39 pm by Tarath
I thought D3 was single player...
Jojozityjo
Post Tue May 15, 2012 7:39 pm by Jojozityjo
it is, it is single player, but, you still require internet connection to play it. You can just start the game and play by yourself with the option to open your game to the public at anytime you wish. Or opt in to join others before your start game.

And about that update prompt thing nova, i got that too, i ignored it, i could still play just fine.
crovis
Post Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm by crovis
hey guize!!

well Im a really BIG fan os the franchise, I stoped with mh3 when I got invited to the D3 beta. but since there is some questions here I should try to answer some.

the game is multiplayer, max party 4 characters, can be played single but need to be connected to prevent the use of bots and hacks ( a common practice in D2)

You just buy the game it does not have a monthly fee like wow, but you can buy and sell Itens with real money on the brand new Real Money Action House, with a paypal acc.

The game got 4 difficulties now in every gameplay the monsters get stronger with more habilities life, etc and you with lower resistances, kinda like the low rank and high rank in mh, but the last difficulty in D3, will be really HARD as blizzard states. the difficulties are: Normal, Nightmare, Hell and Inferno.

the game got a craft system now, but the better itens still drop from bosses.

there is a really good site with all the classes and a lot of information: www.diablofans.com , they got a wiki too, but the people there are not friendly and nice like you guys here, their forum is like a sea of trolls and ragekids, they got some nice people ofc, but nothing compared to this community.

you will need a battletag to play, if you want to play with me tell me and I send my battletag to your inbox and we can play together.

well that's it, if you are a fan of isometric RPGS, and hack and slash, that's the game for you, the graphics are trully BEAUTIFUL the game looks like a painting, and the classes, skills and gameplay are impecable, it's a 10/10.

cya guys!

Phazon Xenomorph
Post Tue May 15, 2012 11:16 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
The best part of the Diablo 3 launch? The tied the d3 login servers to both those of WoW and SC2, so players in both those games are now having a hell of a time logging in, in addition both games are now majorly lagging and crashing. Go to open a vendor in WoW?...wait about a minute and a half before the game responds as it pings the server for the vendor's items.

Just BRILLIANT system a set up, no matter the amount of money Blizzard / Activision has could easily have bought servers.
crovis
Post Wed May 16, 2012 9:09 am by crovis
Nova wrote:
The best part of the Diablo 3 launch? The tied the d3 login servers to both those of WoW and SC2, so players in both those games are now having a hell of a time logging in, in addition both games are now majorly lagging and crashing. Go to open a vendor in WoW?...wait about a minute and a half before the game responds as it pings the server for the vendor's items.

Just BRILLIANT system a set up, no matter the amount of money Blizzard / Activision has could easily have bought servers.

haha yes!! the infamous "error 37" preventing people to login, but I didn't knew they tied all the login servers, must be a hell of a time for everybody.

But blizzard launches are always that way, every wow expansion, we got the servers full, Just wait for Starcraft Heart of the Swarm launch, and we will see the tears rolling down, again
Hermz
Post Wed May 16, 2012 2:34 pm by Hermz
Well. I guess I'd be the firs to ask. Who's gonna be playing? Like, who knows for a fact they will be playing, or who owns the game? I love Diablo, and just picked it up about an hour ago. Installing and updating right now. So I was wondering who wants to play with me some time?
crovis
Post Wed May 16, 2012 10:20 pm by crovis
here in my country the physical media will only come on 7th june, soooo if you wait until there we can play together =P, or if you got one guest pass, we can lvl together until I hit lvl 13 =(
Jojozityjo
Post Thu May 17, 2012 1:16 am by Jojozityjo
in my opinion almost every game has launch issues <.<
and btw, D3 is sooo not rated teen ... blood and gore and severed heads rocketing through the air, fueled by blood, flying at your camera view point .... yeah no, not teen, it's rated M lol

ANYWAY, since the game is out, how about those who have it and are playing put down you diablo tag so we can all look each other up?
mine is ...

Jojozityjo#1104

look me up ^,^
kama
Post Thu May 17, 2012 2:04 am by kama
I made my tag already. but the issue is i did not buy the game yet since i tried to install the guest version and it told meh my Operating system need a update. So it will be a maybe at the end of summer before i can play this game on another laptop or computer. ANyways feel free to add my tag because ill be sure to use it O.O. Kama#1895
Leonhardt
Post Thu May 17, 2012 5:20 am by Leonhardt
hooray, i bought the game when it came out :P
i had to play on minimal stuff but it still looks good o.O
if yall wanna play wit me just look me up :D
Post  by Sponsored content

The Official Diablo 3 Thread

Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next