Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

Go down 
+85
Ken Kurobasa
Shindouz
A Drunk Ninja
Raptor98
Raecarmicheal
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Tarath
RupertKnight
Big Boss
Cambell
Armoured Barioth
PerfectHeaD
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Fazermint
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Ticky
Roik
Darklinghunter
Win32error
comaprison
evahnulahm
devilution
Will
Slyffer
ShadowCeadeusDM324
TheLaw
Craeme
opok8
Enkidu
CottonEyedJho
Sephastus
Chagrilled
haruno
frostymm
Evilpwner
Randomhunter
Edsain
Andy124
HaBa912
Jake Johnson
sakura808
Shepherd
Sir Tristen
IceMage88
enemy61390
Azurian
Saisei
PixelP
PAiN---
Yuki
Hawkfriend
Dragsaw
MasterOnion
elchele
kama
IBGenius
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
bill_the_noob
E&Troy
Traiaprax
Silverwind
Antari18
Outkin
Atalanta
Tirith
Volke
Sai_
flyingdingus
Snagglux
Gilgames
Quentin
Arkenaw
parasky
DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x
It's meh
TKMT
MHWF
Lalo
laoshanicrus
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:20 am

Can Hercudromes (insects) be farmed?

If so, do I need some special insect fertilizer to do it?
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:24 am

Sorry, I just got my answer to the Hercudrome question:

Hercudromes cannot be farmed via the Village Farm.

I just went there, with everything at maximum, with two Hercudromes in my box in the village.

They did not appear on the list of what I could farm...
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Hello? Is this thread still available?
Well I have a question about the game, I got a streetpass notification the other day telling me I got a Guild Card, however the notification hasn't go away even if a checked it. How do I get rid of that green dot?
Back to top Go down
Andy124
Jaggi
Andy124

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 8:57 pm

So here's my question.
I have collected all my armor for Zinogre,but i'm having a little troble in which what skills I should have. I have a talisman with +5 llighting attack and +5 protection,is this good enough?
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Andy124 wrote:
So here's my question.
I have collected all my armor for Zinogre,but i'm having a little troble in which what skills I should have. I have a talisman with +5 llighting attack and +5 protection,is this good enough?

If you want skills, get full Helios Z with Helios X coil. This can get you 1-3 skills depending how good your charm is.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 11:52 pm

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
Hello? Is this thread still available?
Well I have a question about the game, I got a streetpass notification the other day telling me I got a Guild Card, however the notification hasn't go away even if a checked it. How do I get rid of that green dot?

How did you "check it" if you only clicked the notification bubble on the 3DS Menu the dot on the Game Icon won't go away, to remove the Icon's dot, you have to go to your Port (Solo, through Neko (means cat)) and talk to the goofy looking Felyne to the right if the Item Box in the Marina

Also make sure your not within range of a neighbor or roommate, otherwise it'll just keep reappearing almost constantly unless one of you shut off your 3DS all the way or you disable MH3U's Streetpass function (through the same Felyne mentioned above) when at home
Back to top Go down
Dragsaw
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:15 am

What is better for a Hbowgun in terms of armor Narga X, Z or something different (i love the evasion skill)
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:22 am

Dragsaw wrote:
What is better for a Hbowgun in terms of armor Narga X, Z or something different (i love the evasion skill)

weeeeeeell...narga x is all about that invunerablity extension,whereas narga z has stam recover up,other thatn that skills are pretty much the same....diablos x looks pretty good,quick sheathe,reload speed and peirce up,what are you looking for in the armor other than evasion?
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:31 am

'Ello people.

Just got into high rank offline quests ( singular P Luddy/Rathian quests both done), was curious as to what's considered to be a good starting off armour set for higher rank quests? Was considering some sort of high rank Rathian set, but like I've said, I've only just dipped my toe into these quests, and I'm not sure yet what armour set would be considered a ''waste'' of materials. Any answers appreciated.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:57 am

Slyffer wrote:
'Ello people.

Just got into high rank offline quests ( singular P Luddy/Rathian quests both done), was curious as to what's considered to be a good starting off armour set for higher rank quests? Was considering some sort of high rank Rathian set, but like I've said, I've only just dipped my toe into these quests, and I'm not sure yet what armour set would be considered a ''waste'' of materials. Any answers appreciated.

pretty much any HR armor is good,i got to nine star in this order lr wroggi-lr uragaan-yukomo sky-hr luddy-peco sub-brachydios-....but if youre good at rathian fighting go for her set,anything that looks good on skills,a decent defense,and is easy for you to get

HR luddy may be a good idea,as its water res will help against your upcoming plessy urgent.
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:37 am

laoshanicrus wrote:
pretty much any HR armor is good,i got to nine star in this order lr wroggi-lr uragaan-yukomo sky-hr luddy-peco sub-brachydios-....but if youre good at rathian fighting go for her set,anything that looks good on skills,a decent defense,and is easy for you to get

HR luddy may be a good idea,as its water res will help against your upcoming plessy urgent.

Thanks for the answer, laoshanicrus. So far, I've gone LR Quru, then LR Lagi, was just hesitating on this decision mostly for the fear of wasting what might be precious stuff. Will take the upcoming Urgent into account, was wondering when the Plesioth might rear his ugly head.

Cheers /yes/
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Actually I made it through ALL of High Rank with just the Jaggi S armor, but with that set you gotta be good at dodging fire of any sort cuz it'll kill you
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:02 pm

What is a good armor set for mining charms? I have a charmer +5 talisman at my disposal. Does the charmer skill do anything good? I've done some mining runs with it in the G rank volcano and it hasn't done anything yet.

Also, what are some of the best places to mine if I'm trying to get enduring charms. What is the best place to mine if I'm trying to get timeworn charms?
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:09 pm

If you activate the charm+ skill, this adds a 10% chance that WHEN you actually get a charm, it will be 2 charms.

It does not increase the chances of finding a charm... just rarely gives you an additional charm if you were already going to get one.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Sephastus wrote:
If you activate the charm+ skill, this adds a 10% chance that WHEN you actually get a charm, it will be 2 charms.

It does not increase the chances of finding a charm... just rarely gives you an additional charm if you were already going to get one.

Okay thanks. So it actually might be helpful if I'm trying to farm for charms.
Back to top Go down
opok8
Kelbi
opok8

PostSubject: Please Help   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:07 pm

Anyone know the easiest way to get the worn gs i know its from ancient shard but i've done the volcano run more than 100 times on g rank!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:14 pm

Dragsaw wrote:

That only depends on what ammo you are firing.
Also, NEVER have I encountered a time where evasion is useful on HBG. All of my armor skills were damage skills like critical +3, ammo enhancers like Pierce Up, etc. In this game, your innate evasion pretty much equals to that of Tri.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:26 pm

E&Troy wrote:
What is a good armor set for mining charms? I have a charmer +5 talisman at my disposal. Does the charmer skill do anything good? I've done some mining runs with it in the G rank volcano and it hasn't done anything yet.

Also, what are some of the best places to mine if I'm trying to get enduring charms. What is the best place to mine if I'm trying to get timeworn charms?

Best charm farming set in game. Easy to obtain.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Which is a good Gunner "beginner" set since I just recently developed interest in the bowguns and bows. I'm doing a Wroggi gunner set and I have a Wroggi revolver (I think its called that way) bow to take on Nibelsnarf.
Other info:
  • I'm still doing the village quests and I'm currently in the *5 quests.
  • I still don't know really complex things involving the skills you get and slots and all that, so if you can help with that then thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:13 pm

Which is a good Gunner "beginner" set since I just recently developed interest in the bowguns and bows. I'm doing a Wroggi gunner set and I have a Wroggi revolver (I think its called that way) bow to take on Nibelsnarf.
Other info:
  • I still don't know really complex things involving the skills you get and slots and all that, so if you can help with that then thanks.

Get jaggi or los and gem in AuL, and if you have space, get the highest possible level of critical eye. Eat milk + meat and choose to get sharpshooter for normal ammo, or temper for everything else. The peco gun is your best choice for pellet lv2, ceadeus for normal lv 2 (or rathian if you don't have access to ceadeus).

Dont forget this is hbg I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:21 am

Sai_ wrote:
Other info:

Get jaggi or los and gem in AuL, and if you have space, get the highest possible level of critical eye. Eat milk + meat and choose to get sharpshooter for normal ammo, or temper for everything else. The peco gun is your best choice for pellet lv2, ceadeus for normal lv 2 (or rathian if you don't have access to ceadeus).

Dont forget this is hbg I'm talking about.
Ok I got most of that except what is AuL and what is HBG?
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:26 am

Ok I got most of that except what is AuL and what is HBG?

Attack up Large and Heavy Bowgun
Back to top Go down
Dragsaw
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 3:48 am

laoshanicrus wrote:
Dragsaw wrote:

weeeeeeell...narga x is all about that invunerablity extension,whereas narga z has stam recover up,other thatn that skills are pretty much the same....diablos x looks pretty good,quick sheathe,reload speed and peirce up,what are you looking for in the armor other than evasion?
Evade dist seems good (i dont know how handy it is tho) then most likely norm up
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:08 am

Speaking of skills, which are the best I can use if I use Duals? (Armor would also be nice Yes by vort)
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:17 am

status attack up with gobul or shaka duals.....PARALYZERISTS SON.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
Page 17 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next