Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

Go down 
+85
Ken Kurobasa
Shindouz
A Drunk Ninja
Raptor98
Raecarmicheal
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Tarath
RupertKnight
Big Boss
Cambell
Armoured Barioth
PerfectHeaD
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Fazermint
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Ticky
Roik
Darklinghunter
Win32error
comaprison
evahnulahm
devilution
Will
Slyffer
ShadowCeadeusDM324
TheLaw
Craeme
opok8
Enkidu
CottonEyedJho
Sephastus
Chagrilled
haruno
frostymm
Evilpwner
Randomhunter
Edsain
Andy124
HaBa912
Jake Johnson
sakura808
Shepherd
Sir Tristen
IceMage88
enemy61390
Azurian
Saisei
PixelP
PAiN---
Yuki
Hawkfriend
Dragsaw
MasterOnion
elchele
kama
IBGenius
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
bill_the_noob
E&Troy
Traiaprax
Silverwind
Antari18
Outkin
Atalanta
Tirith
Volke
Sai_
flyingdingus
Snagglux
Gilgames
Quentin
Arkenaw
parasky
DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x
It's meh
TKMT
MHWF
Lalo
laoshanicrus
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 4:21 pm

So can Barroths head only be broken by Impact now? I just beat the G-Rank quest, used 5 Barrel Bomb L+ on it, along with losing the Verdant Slashers +1 White Sharpness gauge about 3 times (from two or three slashes from full) on its head alone and it never fell off, the mud broke twice, but thats it
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 4:45 pm

^ I'm pretty sure other than the mud the head was always impact only.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:21 pm

dcj91x wrote:
According to the wiki
Quote :
The Guild Sweetheart (Quest NPC in singleplayer) says that a blunt weapon, such as a Hammer, must be used to break off Barroth's head pillar. It's not required to use a Hammer in order to do so, but due to the fact that the head crest is hard bone, it's much easier with a Hammer. Hammers are the only weapons capable of not bouncing off Barroth's head if under blue sharpness. She may just be hinting to the player of this mechanic.
That was in Tri
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:58 am

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
According to the wiki
Quote :
The Guild Sweetheart (Quest NPC in singleplayer) says that a blunt weapon, such as a Hammer, must be used to break off Barroth's head pillar. It's not required to use a Hammer in order to do so, but due to the fact that the head crest is hard bone, it's much easier with a Hammer. Hammers are the only weapons capable of not bouncing off Barroth's head if under blue sharpness. She may just be hinting to the player of this mechanic.
That was in Tri
Impact damage damage breaks barroth's head. It's like cut damage with tails. Bombs or other types of damage won't aid in breaking. Only impact damage. Same as it was in Tri.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:26 am

^Incorrect.. Ish...

I actually use Arrow Blast ARC's and other arc's to break it all the time. Also Slime can weaken it (blast Damage).

Arrow arc's are quite good in breaking parts (regular arrows can break parts as well) and slime spacifically states it makes breaking parts easier. Just FYI.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:42 am

You can bomb it off in Tri, and I had Guild Sweetheart tell me the hammer thing in Tri U

I've also broke it with a Lance, in both Tri and Tri U, but I believe Lance do Impact or Cut depending on which the monsters weak to on that part.

Also (at least with Barioth, since I've done it at least 4 times) if you flinch through the tail through shot or impact (and again with Bari at LR it takes about two hits after a tail flinch) you can cut a tail.

With that in mind I'm guessing with Barroth either an Impact ( Arc, Hammer, Hunting Horn, etc) or Blast (Barrel Bomb or Arc, prolly not Slime though) has to be inflicted after the Durability has been decreased beyond the break threshold
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 1:58 pm

Danielis is correct. Any severable body part will come off after you have done enough damage, and then use the proper attack type. 1 point of slashing damage to a tail (boomrang), will cut it off if it is at its limit. And one point of impact damage (Rapid shot on a bow, or normal shots in bowguns ect), can take off the Barroth Crest. If you are slashing only class, then pick up a few stones or do the "Taunt" animation on a barroth's head, and watch the crest come off.

Hmmm... I actually feel like doing that when I get home :-D
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:17 pm

After reading about the CURSED CHARM TABLES, and with the fear of possibly being cursed right now (which I hope no) which would probably cut the possibility of getting a ***slot charm, which is the most useful armor and weapon for geming skills?
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:22 pm

They are considered cursed because the don't have as many talismans as the other tables. Some of them have pretty good talismans too. To answer your question, there hundreds of armor and weapon combinations for gemming skills. Just depends on what type of weapon you use and what skills you want.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:30 pm

After reading about the CURSED CHARM TABLES, and with the fear of possibly being cursed right now (which I hope no) which would probably cut the possibility of getting a ***slot charm, which is the most useful armor and weapon for geming skills?

I have read many articles on the subject.. looked on both englisg 3U and Japan 3G sites.. and not one has ever spoken about anyone ever being on a "curese" table, even when actively trying to be that I have seen. On a few sites however they have talked about them being added but locked for .. Random Percentage sake when determining initial tables.

And as far as Gemming to add to what PAiN said.. There are a lot of choices.. Lately I have found myself Using mixed armors with the Chakra pieces thrown in.

The Chakra armor pieces seem to be easier to get this time around, have great defence and resistance amounts, not to mention 3 slots each. Right now I am using Plesi armor which has no waist and the Chakra waist and a 2 slot weapon.. It makes one of the best Trapping armors I've seen in MH yet.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:34 pm

dcj91x wrote:

I have read many articles on the subject.. looked on both englisg 3U and Japan 3G sites.. and not one has ever spoken about anyone ever being on a "curese" table, even when actively trying to be that I have seen. On a few sites however they have talked about them being added but locked for .. Random Percentage sake when determining initial tables.

And as far as Gemming to add to what PAiN said.. There are a lot of choices.. Lately I have found myself Using mixed armors with the Chakra pieces thrown in.

The Chakra armor pieces seem to be easier to get this time around, have great defence and resistance amounts, not to mention 3 slots each. Right now I am using Plesi armor which has no waist and the Chakra waist and a 2 slot weapon.. It makes one of the best Trapping armors I've seen in MH yet.
Ok thanks for the info, it calms me down a little.
Back to top Go down
sakura808
Popo
sakura808

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Hawaii

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:34 am

Can a bow user (not BG) solo Dire Miralis?
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:57 am

Is there some way to gem HG Earplugs into Ludroth S Gunner Armor?

BTW, I am still stuck on Baleful Gigginox.

Also, would it be worth my trouble as mainly a hammer user with an interest in bowgunning to knock off Diablos a couple of times, possibly during the Crimson Quru hunt quest (i.e. is there a good hammer or bowgun made from Diablos parts?)
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:51 pm

sakura808 wrote:
You can solo every monster in the game with any weapon you wish.
Back to top Go down
sakura808
Popo
sakura808

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Hawaii

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:44 pm

sakura808 wrote:
You can solo every monster in the game with any weapon you wish.
And win?
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 5:19 pm

if you know what you're doing with your weapon and what the monster will do.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:55 pm

DanielisAwesome52 wrote:
You can bomb it off in Tri, and I had Guild Sweetheart tell me the hammer thing in Tri U

I've also broke it with a Lance, in both Tri and Tri U, but I believe Lance do Impact or Cut depending on which the monsters weak to on that part.

Also (at least with Barioth, since I've done it at least 4 times) if you flinch through the tail through shot or impact (and again with Bari at LR it takes about two hits after a tail flinch) you can cut a tail.

With that in mind I'm guessing with Barroth either an Impact ( Arc, Hammer, Hunting Horn, etc) or Blast (Barrel Bomb or Arc, prolly not Slime though) has to be inflicted after the Durability has been decreased beyond the break threshold

Cut damage is the only thing that helps cut tails. Helping cut a tail off with a hammer or bowgun shots(excluding slice shots) is impossible. They don't increase the cut damage necessary to snap a tail off.

Arc shot blast, I believe, has impact damage(correct if wrong), same as crag shots(correct if wrong, again), that's why shooting with the arc blast is able to snap Barroth's crown off.

I have never snapped Barroth's crown off with a bomb before.
Nor have I snapped it off with a lance. Wirh its shield, I have, but not with poking.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:01 pm

I've been wondering about something... People in miiverse are asking where do they get sparkling fragments from, and how they have never seen one before. I'm wondering... How? Isn't that an event exclusive item? Shouldn't they have to obtain a sparkling fragment in order to have the Cosmic mask available to make? Or do they jist have to have the quest downloaded for the cosmic mask to appear in villager requests? I never checked villager requests before getting the fragments so I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:47 pm

Sparking Fragments are from that Qurupeco event quest (not savage Jho one). You carve them from the Pecos and can get them from quest rewards, too.
Back to top Go down
IceMage88
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:48 pm

In 3U, would you say that Alatreon spends more time in flight mode or land mode? Going in with my experience from Tri, I brought an Ice since I figured he would spend more time in land mode. However, after using the binder, he remains in flight mode. Please do not suggest to use slime.

I can tell he was very close to dying on my most recent try, claws broken, tail cut and both horns broken. Even the slightly larger amount of damage if he is in flight mode more often would probably make the difference.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:52 pm

What weapon are you using? You should also be using farcasters to force him out of flight mode. You shouldn't be using your Shakalakas either because farcasters would take forever to actually be useful, not to mention the Shakalakas die very easily.
Back to top Go down
IceMage88
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:17 pm

The weapon I was using was the Sabertooth lance. If I were to use dragon, I would instead be using the Neo Undertaker. I plan on completing my first 3U Alatreon just like my Mark of the Hero. No Slime, No G-Rank gear.

Are you sure the no Shakalaka idea is good? I get 2 shot be basically everything, so having him not focusing me all the time seems kind of important compared to a couple seconds of waiting after a farcaster. After using the farcaster, does he revert back to the red colored land mode? Or will he just be on the ground?
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Having him focus on you is extremely important, especially for GS and Hammer users. You want all the opportunities to attack, and you get these opportunities from him focusing on you all the time. If you are getting 2 shotted easily you are doing something wrong. He only lands and doesn't change color.

Honestly you are only crutching yourself without the use of G rank gear. If you can't go on the entire fight without getting hit once or twice, then just go get G rank gear, especially since you are lancing and you are actually getting hit with a weapon that has impressive block and evade capabilities; you should be killing him within 20-30 minutes with high rank gear. Just get an armor set thats high rank that gives Sharpness+1, adrenaline+2, and evasion+1/2.

I don't understand why you wouldn't use slime. It works better for Alatreon because of his interchangeable weakness.
Back to top Go down
IceMage88
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:36 pm

I wouldn't refer to as crippling myself, but as challenging myself. Most of his attacks have quite high damage and I don't think very much high rank armor would hold up to more than two hits. I will not use slime. I haven't yet, and that will not change.

There is no high rank set that gives sharpness +1. On top of that it shouldn't be surprising I get hit, even though I have a great deal of experience with the lance, mistakes happen. I would be quite impressed if you have gameplay of yourself lancing Ala in high rank gear and coming out unscathed.

Perhaps I should reconsider my question. Would it be more effective to use an ice weapon, or a dragon weapon given how much he spends red/blue?
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:43 pm

it changes too much to make using element worth it. Using slime is just as using element except it works for for Alatreon perfectly because of his constant weakness change. Using slime on a monster thats weak to an element is ineffective because element would just destroy it faster than using slime. However, that's not how Alatreon works. I'm pretty sure low rank Helios gives sharpness+1 unless they changed the armor skills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
Page 18 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next