Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

Go down 
+85
Ken Kurobasa
Shindouz
A Drunk Ninja
Raptor98
Raecarmicheal
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Tarath
RupertKnight
Big Boss
Cambell
Armoured Barioth
PerfectHeaD
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Fazermint
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Ticky
Roik
Darklinghunter
Win32error
comaprison
evahnulahm
devilution
Will
Slyffer
ShadowCeadeusDM324
TheLaw
Craeme
opok8
Enkidu
CottonEyedJho
Sephastus
Chagrilled
haruno
frostymm
Evilpwner
Randomhunter
Edsain
Andy124
HaBa912
Jake Johnson
sakura808
Shepherd
Sir Tristen
IceMage88
enemy61390
Azurian
Saisei
PixelP
PAiN---
Yuki
Hawkfriend
Dragsaw
MasterOnion
elchele
kama
IBGenius
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
bill_the_noob
E&Troy
Traiaprax
Silverwind
Antari18
Outkin
Atalanta
Tirith
Volke
Sai_
flyingdingus
Snagglux
Gilgames
Quentin
Arkenaw
parasky
DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x
It's meh
TKMT
MHWF
Lalo
laoshanicrus
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:51 am

Ohfor gs? I read that as just for any natural purple weapons. If you wear full g rank normal jhen you can get the same skills as the gs set you normally use, but I would gem in punish draw for mobs like Alatreon and Rathalos. Or any other skill if punish draw isn't applicable. I wouldn't go for Mind's Eye because iirc, a gs lv3 charge can cut through anything.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Yep, thats actually what I did was do full g jhen armor. I didn't think about it at first and spent time farming silver los and zin for heavenlies lmao
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:19 pm

I was wondering what items can Cha-Cha/Kayamba get when they are using that cat mask thingy that allows them to steal an item from the monster you are fighting. Is it anything you can carve from the body of the monster is what they can get from stealing?
Back to top Go down
Andy124
Jaggi
Andy124

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Yes.
Anyways, we aren't getting any more DLC quest anymore?
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 7:48 pm

E&Troy wrote:
I was wondering what items can Cha-Cha/Kayamba get when they are using that cat mask thingy that allows them to steal an item from the monster you are fighting. Is it anything you can carve from the body of the monster is what they can get from stealing?
Yes, it's pretty much everything you can carve from monster. I got a. lagi dynamo and couldy moonshard often when i was playing solo. Also Deviljho Crook and gem few times. I think it's great for improving chance for getting rare gems in singleplayer.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:57 pm

Antari18 wrote:
E&Troy wrote:
Yes, it's pretty much everything you can carve from monster. I got a. lagi dynamo and couldy moonshard often when i was playing solo. Also Deviljho Crook and gem few times. I think it's great for improving chance for getting rare gems in singleplayer.
Yeah, I've gotten some good stuff from both Cha-Cha and Kayamba when they are using that cat mask thing. Including my one and only Alatreon DragonSpire.
Back to top Go down
Cambell
Aptonoth
Cambell

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:36 am

That mask sounds very useful!

I was wondering what set of armour and weapons are recommended for slaying Goldbeard, possibly solo? I am willing and able to hunt everything else but don't have much experience with Ceadeus and just want to get into G Rank

Thanks guys Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:23 am

Ceadeus is actually quite easy. his attacks are not to strong and can be evaded quite easily. what you really should look out for though, are his water beams. they usually aren't 1HKOs but do a serious amount of damage.

as for weapons:
what is your main weapon type? if possible use a dragon weapon or else a thunder one. I personally like to Gunlance and Greatsword him, but thats also my two main weapon types.

as for armor sets:
there aren't any skills that are actually needed for doing him. but skills that I think could be usefull are: olympic swimmer, oxygen(but you can also just bring the ancient mask or airweed or air philter), any skill that increases the dmg output, sharpness+1(it can help you break the horns, as you can cut through them with white sharpness or higher), evasion +1/+2 (can be quite usful against the water beams), evade extender (same as evasion+)... but as I said nothing of it is acually important to have.

tactics:
try to attack it's beard, it's the weakest part of his body. when he is doing his sideways water beam just evade by swimming down (or up, what fits the situation best).
when he get's in ragemode for the first time he will swimm down and along the area and then come up in front of the dragon speer if you time it correctly you can hit it's horns with it. he will repeat this after around 15min into the quest and again at 25 or 30 not quite sure about that.
you can break the beard, the back, the tail and the horns (twice).
don't forget to brin nullberrys, because water-blight in in such a huge area can be quite annoying

that's all I can think of for now, maybe i can help you a little more when you tell me which weapon type you are using.
Back to top Go down
PerfectHeaD
Bnahabra
PerfectHeaD

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:16 am

Anyone has any experience with Adrenaline/Fury on bows?

Would like to know if this set would be viable for Selene MoonBroken and Jhen's bow
http://mhag.info/mhtrig/viewset.htm?s=Unnamed%20Set%20:%20G.G.H.281.1.128.C.285.1.28.A.278.1.128.W.274.1.29.L.284.1.128.X.1.127.Y.0.1.15.5.0

Did not bother with recoil-1 because, as far as I know, it does nothing on bows.
Back to top Go down
Cambell
Aptonoth
Cambell

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 10:28 am

Tomderdepp wrote:
Ceadeus is actually quite easy. his attacks are not to strong and can be evaded quite easily. what you really should look out for though, are his water beams. they usually aren't 1HKOs but do a serious amount of damage.

as for weapons:
what is your main weapon type? if possible use a dragon weapon or else a thunder one. I personally like to Gunlance and Greatsword him, but thats also my two main weapon types.

as for armor sets:
there aren't any skills that are actually needed for doing him. but skills that I think could be usefull are: olympic swimmer, oxygen(but you can also just bring the ancient mask or airweed or air philter), any skill that increases the dmg output, sharpness+1(it can help you break the horns, as you can cut through them with white sharpness or higher), evasion +1/+2 (can be quite usful against the water beams), evade extender (same as evasion+)... but as I said nothing of it is acually important to have.

tactics:
try to attack it's beard, it's the weakest part of his body. when he is doing his sideways water beam just evade by swimming down (or up, what fits the situation best).
when he get's in ragemode for the first time he will swimm down and along the area and then come up in front of the dragon speer if you time it correctly you can hit it's horns with it. he will repeat this after around 15min into the quest and again at 25 or 30 not quite sure about that.
you can break the beard, the back, the tail and the horns (twice).
don't forget to brin nullberrys, because water-blight in in such a huge area can be quite annoying

that's all I can think of for now, maybe i can help you a little more when you tell me which weapon type you are using.
Hey mate, thanks so much for your advice! I'm going to hunt him solo right now and I'll let you know how it goes! I'm using the fangdemoniun gun lance as my main weapon (it kicks ass!) so that should do well with the dragon element side of it Yes by vort

Ill bring kayamba with me for oxygen too... See how I go Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:32 am

Fury is a good skill, and since it does activate Adrenaline its self, You might as well go for it over just adrenaline.

With bows since you try to stay back and do all your attacking at range, Fury should protect you once against a really strong unavoidable attack and give you time to escape and heal if you are attacked and your health falls low.

And no, recoil is useless on bows as is several other bowgun skills. Though they are both ranged the skills needed and the way they are used are quite different for the two.

I can't see the link you have on my computer but for bows overall Fast Charge and Load Up to get to that 4th level charge are always good skills to have.
Back to top Go down
Cambell
Aptonoth
Cambell

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:44 am

Beat the goldbeard just after the third dragonator by breaking its horn and then shooting it's beard. Got 4 luminous organs in the rewards too!! Wow! Yes by vort

Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
PerfectHeaD
Bnahabra
PerfectHeaD

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:43 pm

The set has

Speed Eating+2
Fury
Use power coating
Load up
Focus
Recoil-1

Needs a weapon slot, or you have to drop the Power coating and instead put any C skills (Skills whose jewels are +2, like health or Artillery king).
Charm is a simple FastCharge+5, so if you have a FastCharge+6, you don't even need to drop the Power Coating. And if the bow has already power coating, you can gem in any B skill whose jewels are 2 slots for +3. For example, the ever-useful Evasion+1.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:08 pm

.. I'm not big into evasion skills, never saw a point for myself. But I do recomend it for others.

Power coating is pretty much a must have on most bow's the damage increase is pretty good and as I said Focus and Load Up really help bows as well.

other stamina boosts are good also as the bow does use a lot of stamina but dash/megadash juices can cover that and not take up other skill slots.

You can eat for health and again use nutriants and such... and Artillery is wasted on the bow IMO.

Combo skills (combination +45) work well if you are taking additional items to make more coatings. Coatings are a big advantage for the bows.
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Yian Kut-Ku
Big Boss

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Been a while...My question is this: Are  Lucent Naracuga and Abyssal Laigaicrus harder on the download quest that feature them? I'm only HR 43 so I cant fight them yet without doing the download quest, and I'm hoping that they're not as hard normally...and please dont tell the download quest is easier than the real one.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:13 pm

Event monsters you mention are harder versions of normal monsters.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Big Boss
Yian Kut-Ku
Big Boss

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:35 pm

Good to know,because I wasn't making much progress with those 2...
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:55 pm

So what do you guys recommend more? Dios LS or SA
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:21 am

IBGenius wrote:
So what do you guys recommend more?  Dios LS or SA
I don't know.
Long Swords are pretty powerful, and when they get that Spirit bar level at max level, they can get really powerful...

The Dios Switch Axe has Power Phial, and that's a very big bonus for a Switch Axe.

Both weapons can continuously strike the opponent, so Slime works okay for both of them...

I guess I'd recommend whatever weapon type works best for you(obvious answer, I know).

Now go rampage a bunch of Brachydios for both of the weapons.Rage by sipax 
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Here's a good question. Why is the texture on the back of the Lightning Blaze's shield SO BAD?
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Yeah I ended up making both and used my only gem to upgrade the longsword. Now I want dios armor which mean another grinding session for a gem.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Does the shot level on a gunlance effect wyvern fire?
Back to top Go down
Andy124
Jaggi
Andy124

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Where do I find stinkhopper?
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:22 am

Andy124 wrote:
Where do I find stinkhopper?
moga woods: day: area 3,4,5
desserted island: LR:4,5 HR:4 GR: 1,2,3,4,5
flooded forest: LR:4,10 HR:10
Volkano: LR:1,2
Back to top Go down
PerfectHeaD
Bnahabra
PerfectHeaD

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 7:26 am

Is it worth to absolutely negate Critical eye-2 on Nether armor, instead of just using one slot to lower it to Critical-1, so I can get an extra (or a better) skill?

Not planning on mixing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
Page 32 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next