Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

Go down 
+85
Ken Kurobasa
Shindouz
A Drunk Ninja
Raptor98
Raecarmicheal
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Tarath
RupertKnight
Big Boss
Cambell
Armoured Barioth
PerfectHeaD
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Fazermint
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Ticky
Roik
Darklinghunter
Win32error
comaprison
evahnulahm
devilution
Will
Slyffer
ShadowCeadeusDM324
TheLaw
Craeme
opok8
Enkidu
CottonEyedJho
Sephastus
Chagrilled
haruno
frostymm
Evilpwner
Randomhunter
Edsain
Andy124
HaBa912
Jake Johnson
sakura808
Shepherd
Sir Tristen
IceMage88
enemy61390
Azurian
Saisei
PixelP
PAiN---
Yuki
Hawkfriend
Dragsaw
MasterOnion
elchele
kama
IBGenius
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
bill_the_noob
E&Troy
Traiaprax
Silverwind
Antari18
Outkin
Atalanta
Tirith
Volke
Sai_
flyingdingus
Snagglux
Gilgames
Quentin
Arkenaw
parasky
DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x
It's meh
TKMT
MHWF
Lalo
laoshanicrus
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 7:34 am

it depends on the skill you gem in. CE-1 shouldn't be much of a draw back as you got honed blade. also if you have a good tali you may be able to do both (cancle out CE- and get an extra skill). it also depends a little on what weapon you plan using it with, because if ou weapon has negative affinity anyways i'd try to fully cancle out the CE-. but I'd say an extra skill would be of more use, except you want to go for speedkills in which case you should completely get rid of the CE-
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:39 pm

Does the Level 4 charge (Load Up) affect the ARC Shot on a bow?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Arc shot I beleive is the same rgardless of the charge.

However you do get other effects. Focus shots stack the KO affect when hitting the monsters head, the Blast arc benefits from bomb skills, and the Spread shot can add it's status/element to any monster within it's range who is hit.

So while it may not benifit from the extra charge.. it benifits from other skills, status up, bomb boost, KNockout king and other things..
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 11:27 pm

I know the difference in ARC types, I was wondering if they get the damage multiplier, Level 3 charge has 100/100% while the Level 4 charge gets 100/112.5% for Attack/Element

I've seen the effects of the multipliers on coatings, but Its hard to tell with a blast ARC shot, but I haven't had a chance to test it on a focus or Wide
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 11:54 pm

No multiplier with additional charge. Arcs get the boost elsewhere is what I was explaining.
Back to top Go down
RupertKnight
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:44 am

I read that Food skills and Item skills no longer stack. Is that true for buffs from the hunting horn or from cha-cha dances? As in, if I eat for attack up should I still use the horn buff?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:41 am

Hunting Horn and Shaka dances stack.... Limitedly of course.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 1:17 am

RupertKnight wrote:
I read that Food skills and Item skills no longer stack.
I believe Attack up Large food buff and mega demon drug never stacked before.
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:33 am

Hey guys. I have a couple of questions about Dual Blades, firstly, in comparison to a SnS of similar damage, would a pair of DBs have much better damage per second (I'd assume so, but Idk the first thing about DBs, never got into them in MH 1)? And secondly, are the dual element Dual Blades worth getting (i.e. the Brimstren Drakeclaws/Stygian Superbia thunder/dragon DBs and the Dichotomy/Elemenders fire/ice DBs)? Seen as its held that SnS' and DB's main damage output is their element, they seem to be pretty attractive notions to me, as someone who's mained SnS' since MH 1. Any answers appreciated.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 am

Duals are extremely better than SnS when it comes to damage, and well everything else too imo. You get a damage buff going into Demon Mode which usually drains your stamina but that can be taken care of with dash juices.
The dual elements aren’t that great, getting a DS with a dedicated element will benefit just fine. Of any of the dual elements I would get the Stygian Superbia’s (I only use em for Rathalos and Rathian).
If you’re a fan of fast weapons, quickly evading, and power then you should try out dual swords.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:16 am

SnS do have an advantage over other weapons in a couple of areas to include blocking and item use while weapon is drawn. For some this is an advantage as it save a lot of time and does not leave you as open as with other weapons. So While you are not as "Fast" as with the Dules.... You do have defence and quicker use of items which could save you.
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:02 am

PAiN--- wrote:
I'm surprised to hear ya say that they may outDps any weapon, as iirc people believed bowguns in MH Tri had the best damage output (or maybe I'm getting that confused with just status buildup output, I had thought bowguns did both) of all weapons, and lances were best for melee weapons, but its great news to me they're held so highly, I love using a SnS so I think DBs are gonna suit me just fine.

dcj91x wrote:
I hear ya, and getting over the lack of a shield with a weapon set that is fairly similar to SnS in terms of speed of attack may take me a little while. I may choose to invest in a good evasion+ set in the meantime to ease me in, if I'm having trouble. On some monsters, to err on the side of caution, I may end up sticking with a SnS, we'll see.

Thanks for the answers, guys (and sorry about the weird quoting thing I did, I've forgotten how to use spoilers in the time I've been gone from the forum).
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Sorry, I may have been misunderstood. When I said they do more damage, and everything else too, I was still referring to the SnS, not every other weapon. Bowguns are still highly favored for speed runs, as well as dual swords. I wouldn’t say lances are the best melee, damage wise. Dual Swords, Hammers, and Great Swords would take priority over Lances imo. Most Speed Runs you will see have Dual Swords, HBG’s, LBG’s, Hammers. But all of the weapons are great and very fun to use =D
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Pain, Understood what you meant. Just pointing out that each weapon does have an advantage... and disadvantage, of course.

Really with all weapons it depends on the user.
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:17 am

Got another question or two, probably should've asked in the same post as my last. Are the Deviljho weapons considered good anymore now that the element needs to be awakened? I'm thinking the Devil's Due hammer and Berserker Sword GS specifically, the latter epescially got a lotta use from me in MH3. This is asked from a standpoint of being HR1 online (as in I still haven't played the online as of yet), so was just wondering if they're good from a High Rank point of view.
Any answers welcome.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:30 am

Honestly, the only Jho weapons I feel that anyone should use are Nero Anguish (GS) which is one the of the best raw Great Swords next to Cera Cymmetry and Blade of Talos. Then the hammer for its raw, but there are other options. The longsword has a lot of potential with the right skills. Annnddd if you gun the LBG is a good Dragon S weapon next to The Willuminator.
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 11:34 am

PAiN--- wrote:
Spoiler:
Aye, the GS and the hammer were my only real concerns, it'll probably be a while until I take up bowgunning, so that's no worry. Might wait and see how fast I progress through online to G rank (as ofc there'll be better options), if not fast enough for my liking, I may think about getting those weapons.

Thanks dude.
Back to top Go down
RupertKnight
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Do the purple flashes I see when I'm gunning mean crits?
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:34 pm

Yes, they will also appear for melee weapons.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 5:38 pm

I thought pink was crit and purple was a flub? Am I missing something?

Rupert, is your affinity % blue or red?
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 5:43 pm

lmao. orite, yeah it's Pink for crits and purple for negative crits. I rarely have negative crits so I completely forgot. sorry for my noobness today /ok/
Back to top Go down
RupertKnight
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:52 am

I have a positive affinity. But I can't be positive that I can tell the difference between a pink and a purple flash (since I've only noticed one of the two). Thanks for the answer. I will investigate further.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:13 pm

If your affinity is positive, then your doing crits.
Back to top Go down
RupertKnight
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:37 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
If your affinity is positive, then your doing crits.
That is logical. I will make sure my affinity is positive.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:46 pm

I wouldn't stress it over every weapon though. Some of my favorite weapons have negative affinity (Cera Cymmetry -20%, Grongrias -15%, Rising Tempest -20%), but their damage is so good that the affinity doesn't matter. Cera Cymmetry can easily be fixed with Critical Draw, which adds 100% affinity to an unsheathed attack (but any GS should have Crit Draw). Grongrias's raw is just so high the -15% doesn't even matter, all you need with Grongrias is Sharpness+1 and/or Awaken. And Rising Tempest has really good raw and slime, just like Grongrias.

Just throwing that out there so you don't overlook some weapons based off affinity and add Critical Eye to all of your armor sets Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
Page 33 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 43  Next