Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix

Go down 
+39
WyvernGS
Un-Tan
Chips
XenonFrost
Applejho
evahnulahm
TheLaw
A Drunk Ninja
Ken Kurobasa
Phenica
Ataraxia
BoredForLife
Kurtz
th8827
X Kitsune X
Jojozityjo
dcj91x
Lucas
Crystalis
MHWF
Antari18
TKMT
Raptor98
E&Troy
Firpi
Verity19
Azurei
Samochan
PAiN---
kama
Lagiacrus the ultimate
InstaCakes
Roon
Phazon Xenomorph
Sephastus
yvz
Quentin
Gian
MetaMarx
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Generic thread that appers in every subforum! Hooray!

Tell us about what you did in the game even if it's boring and doesn't make for an interesting post!

Did something shitty happen? There's another thread for that ya dingus!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Samochan wrote:
So, finished all low rank offline quests... and then came face to face with something particularly hard.

Caravaaners challenge.

I have over 600 defence but that furious rajang eats trough it like butter. Then having to compete againt that monster of monsters + frenzied zinogre at the same time? I've never chugged trough my potions as fast. Carted twice fairly quickly and called it quits, im not ready for furious rajang yet. ^^' Absolute monster. G rank monsters are tame in comparison.

I managed to beat that quest first try, despite fainting twice at the very beginning (As in, I hadn't used any potions because I got killed too fast.). I was ready to quit, but decided to keep at it letting the two monsters kill eachother. Or rather, I let the Rajang kill the Zinogre since it's so powerful.

Got to G2 over the weekend. Made the Seregios armor and using it's lance with it. Using a Sheathing +6, Sharpener +10 talisman, I have the skills Constitution +2, Evasion +1, Quick Sheath, Negate Bleeding and Steady Hand.

While farming for Strong Armor Spheres, I've been getting some talismans maybe worth mentioning?

Gloves Off +8, OOO.
Carving +5, OOO.
Evasion +6, Sharpness +3.
FastCharge +4, Charmer +10.
FastCharge +5, Fire Res. +13.
Pierce Up +4, OOO.
Stamina Recovery +5, Expert +10.
(I already mentioned this one, but I like it so much I've got to mention it again.)
Free Element +4, Handicraft +7.
Back to top Go down
Azurei
Kelbi
Azurei

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 10:11 pm

So, been at G rank for a bit now, upgraded some weapons, and really wanted to unlock ceadeus parts, mostly for the charge blade. Started an online room and had two randoms join who were crazy enough to attempt the naked double jho showdown with me. Things got a little shaky halfway through with a couple faints, but we managed to cinch it in the end in one go. Now I just need to unlock the g-rank ceadeus parts... Also, as soon as I take down chaotic gore magala, I'll be G3.

Eventually I need to make some more armor, but my Regios X set has been serving me well. I have a talisman with destroyer +5 and two slots, so I managed to get partbreaker and artillery on top of the set's other skills. It's not even funny how fast I break parts with charge blades.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 12:18 am

Azurei wrote:
So, been at G rank for a bit now, upgraded some weapons, and really wanted to unlock ceadeus parts, mostly for the charge blade.  Started an online room and had two randoms join who were crazy enough to attempt the naked double jho showdown with me.  Things got a little shaky halfway through with a couple faints, but we managed to cinch it in the end in one go.  Now I just need to unlock the g-rank ceadeus parts...  Also, as soon as I take down chaotic gore magala, I'll be G3.

Eventually I need to make some more armor, but my Regios X set has been serving me well.  I have a talisman with destroyer +5 and two slots, so I managed to get partbreaker and artillery on top of the set's other skills.  It's not even funny how fast I break parts with charge blades.

Artillery isn't a good charge blade skill though oddly enough. It's a big misconception:

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/74002794822/mh4-artillery-master-and-charge-axe
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 12:48 am

Hunted bunch of g3 stuff, deviljho, shagaru magala, zinogre and garuga and for some reason garuga hits a lot harder than poor old joe. blank And poor shagaru was getting pwned in below 5mins, no mantles for me this time tho. Did carve a crook outta first G-rank joe's tail tho, but zino refuses his skyemeralds from me and I need two of em. I can be a lucky legend, but desire sensor gets the best of me at times too.

Met a leecher on kushala who pretty much went to other area to leech once we engaged. Noticed it after a bit and I hammered him outta there and tried to make him cart only for kushala to leave, us chasing after him since leecher got back from afk to max potion himself and then went to another safe area to leech again after following me to kush, after which me and my buds just abandoned. This third dude took a bit to notice he was soloing but abandoned too. Man I dislike not being able to block people while they're grey status, gives them freepass to just quit game with zero consequences. I can forgive afk'ness, but not obvious leeching.

Anyhoo, teostra battleground thingy posted by some silver crown dude was fun, getting nuked by super implosion is not fun, but my high defence and 15 fire res saved my butt twice. Getting uppercut as soon as I was finishing last spirit combo wasn't too fun either, considering I couldnt get yellow anymore to save my life. Same silver crown guy then tried to post Apex rajang of all things, on our g3 city of g3 hunters without wystones. Ye well, as much faith as you got on us man, we're not ready for apex rajang yet, out of all things. :D Rajang just owns me, much less apex. He left once we declined of the hunt, I'm not entirely sure what he was looking for from our g3 city. Hunted some more kushala to grab me parts for eventual armor set, snagged few daora gems and two lrg elderdragongems and finally made my perfect, rare10 Daora's samudra kinsect with effect extender. <3 Can't wait to try it out.

I'd fancy myself with something akin to sharpness+1, hg plugs, evade extender + other attack skills for hammer set and sharp+1/honed blade, razor, expert and evasion for duals, kinsect and longsword. But sharp and razor are just bout impossible to have together, but I could live without razor if I got some more oomph on my duals from purple sharpness. Expert works so nicely with demon dance, that whole dance being crit makes seregios grank fall down from two dances to his feet. <3
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 2:58 am

IT IS FINISHED

The armor trim color is a pale green, by the way.

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 TpaFtk9
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 3:37 am

I did not have much time to hunt today...

I did kill the guild Teostra, though, and got a second Teostra Gem.

Akantor won't give me a gem, though... I need it to make his armor set, which I want for arbitrary reasons.

Gratz on the armor, by the way.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 5:05 am

Rathalos, you poor thing...

Don't fight on higher level terrain you can fall into. You will fall into the ground, fly, get flash bombed, rinse and repeat until you're dead.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 12:55 pm

I'm reading all these awesome journals and cant figure out how you guys get half of what you are talking about for caravan. I am 10* and have the egg quest, silver lost the zin and serge, and oroshi kirin.
And they are all whooping me Senseless!

The Egg quest is Ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Crystalis wrote:
IT IS FINISHED

The armor trim color is a pale green, by the way.

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 TpaFtk9

Sweet...
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Still not G ranked, but having a blast making different armor sets for different weapons/strategies. And to think I get to do it all over again when I get to G rank!

Anyways, got my Lagiacruz set done which gives me: Crit-Draw, Awakening, Tenderizer, Bombadier and Focus. With the Veined Greatblade, I am a BEAST at destroying monsters now, and having a blast.

Made a Gravios Armor set for Lancing (Guard +2, Guard Up, Defense (s), and a few other situational skills I gem in for everyday Sergio Lancing, and a Mixed Set for lancing as well which gives me Guard Up, Sharp +1, Bombadier and Tremor Res. Using the Fatalis Lance, I am making Jho's fear to tread where I walk :-D.

Also made a "Cooking Fire Gunner Set" from the Yukomo tickets I had laying around. Has Fire Atk +3, Rapid Shot, Iron Stomach and Item Use Up. I can change all of it into any color my heart wishes... love it! Not to mention that paired with the Demolition Gun, all fire weak monsters are cake!.

Made a Hammer set for the Dragon Based reward hammer you get during the Caravan Quests. Hammers are powerful this iteration (not as strong as GS are now, but wow, with their KO abilities...).

I also have an Ingot Set for gunning which gives me Lightning Atk +3, and a Ketcha Set for Water Atk +3. Only missing an Ice Set, Dragon set, a crag set and a good Normal/Pierce/Pellet set, and I will have all my gunner armor out of the way, and will only have to focus on getting the top weapons in each of those classes.

Still have not touched the Hunting Horn but
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 3:42 pm

finally got s.magala parts to upgrade some of my stuff lol
even got an earth dragongem for lao shun armor ^^
soooo many dahren mohran runs to get it lol
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 5:00 pm

Wow. The High rank Questatrix is really domineering. She is so sure that hunters never make it past her desk. I like her.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 5:20 pm

Made the Diablos Lance a while ago mostly because nostalgia, decided to use it today on a gore magala expedition.

Oh my sweet christ, that black scaly littering son of a lizard got ICED. Its like I never stopped lancing...
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 5:28 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 1:58 pm

So Brach armor has this nifty but not completely useful visual effect.

The left Bracer glows red when certain conditions are met. It took me a bit to figure out what the condition was.

Whenever the monster Rages the bracer glows red. Pretty Nifty.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Decided to get into HH. Made the Gogmazios HH, because it has great stats, all-around great melodies  and benefits nicely from Steady Hand (because it won't from Sharp+1)

Done did G-Rank Molten Tiggy. Three times. Third time's the charm, apparently, because I got both a Mantle and a Blastheart.
And someone else's Chameleos Battlegrounds urgent. And the no-items Chameleos, for which I got a Large Elder Dragon Gem. Woop!

Used the Large EDG to make Genie's Ocarina, which is more of a Status-based HH. Also making the Seregios HH, but it's incomplete still. Needs...more High Rank Seregios materials? Wha?

Firpi wrote:

The left Bracer glows red when certain conditions are met. It took me a bit to figure out what the condition was.

Yup, that's Challenger. When there's an enraged large monster in the area, your attack and affinity go up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 2:43 pm

InstaCakes wrote:
Firpi wrote:

Yup, that's Challenger. When there's an enraged large monster in the area, your attack and affinity go up.

Peak Performance also has Dark Red, and Latent Power has Light Blue.

Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 3:06 pm

OH! so any armor can glow like that as long as you have one of those skills??

If thats the case that is a really nice indicator that your skill is active!
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 3:39 pm

almost got stygian zinogre gunner armor, i would like it, gem in fast charge, with load up in it, ideal bow armor for me lol
mostly i helped a relatives bf push up through the ranks lol
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 4:13 pm

Teh amount of Brach Hammers and Pounders I need is RE- DONK-ULOUS!

And if you break both hands you still may not get even 1. I get 1 like every other battle.

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 RedonkulousGraph
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 6:16 pm

I killed 7 Akantor over the past few days. Just need one more Gem...

I also tried soloing the Dalamadur Urgent in HR7, but I could not do enough damage to kill him. I timed out.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 8:00 pm

Did a Seregios Guild quest of mine with some randoms. Got it from level 94 to level 97. This is going to take awhile to get it up to level 116 and then up to whatever it is after that to get an Apex version...

Found a guy who wanted the quest, and gave me a level 120 Chameleos quest in return. Although it's G3 so I can't post it.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 9:10 am

Fully completed the Seregios HH, and it's pretty nice. Also sounds quite soothing.
Also making the Shagaru HH - I need more Pure Scales. Off to wreck Village Shagaru...again...Has plenty of nice songs though, and it sounds like a pipe organ, which is awesome.

I'm getting the hang of HH, but I'm recasting more than attacking, it seems. Still, I'm keeping everyone on the team well-buffed, so it evens out. Love the new upswing and double-swing attacks, though, they're AMAZING for casting those melodies.

Currently upgrading the Kecha Whappa, as I need a HH which can reliably heal and does Water damage to boot. Needed Lagombi Ears, so I gave the low-rank village Lagombi a hilariously destructive beatdown. I still hadn't gone on that quest, so I knew there was an intro coming. Go to the cliff connecting Area 1 to Area 3, cast AuL+, and go in. After the intro, my Ace puts down a Shock Trap straight away - I bait the Lagombi into the trap, and bash its face in until it gets KOd, then bash it some more. It pretty much died without a hope in hell of escaping.

Edit: Finally killed the Caravan G-Rank Furious Rajang. 2 carts, used Felyne Moxie and Weakener.
NEVER doing that again. EVER. NOPE.
Also did the Ace Lancer's quests. Finally figured out Chammy's weakness: Duals! So easy to trip it up!
Also, turns out I have a Worn Horn that can be upgraded into the Teostra HH, with the status-support melody set and Blast. Problem is, it's a Teostra HH. I would rather invest into the Brach Bell series, because screw Teostra. NO way am I farming it. Nuh-uh.
The Rajang HH also looks amazing, but again, it's Rajang. Nope. Do not want.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 2:47 pm

InstaCakes wrote:

Also did the Ace Lancer's quests. Finally figured out Chammy's weakness: Duals! So easy to trip it up!

People were doing this back pre-Tri. Buy Lao Shan parts from the Wycoon, make the Dual Dragon dual blades, FULLY upgrade them (no they don't get purple sharp but it doesn't matter). Make an element attack up or dragon attack up set with razor sharp, and whatever else you want, maybe honed blade or sharp+1 (more of the white is good) and just spam demon dance on his right hind leg. He'll fall over so fast it's not funny, and the Dual Dragon Swords final form is even stronger now than it was in Freedom Unite so they've become exceptionally more lethal, Chamelos is exceptionally dragon element weak.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 3:42 pm

getting stygian zinogre gunner armor was such a pain, he outright refused to give me dragonhairs, i was desperately fighting him over and over and over for what was suppose to be a decently common drop DX

but, i got the armor, and it so totally rocks, sure, i have rec level down, but, it sucks, but, worth it, for evasion +1, load up, AND fast charge gemmed/talied in, and that lil unscathed thing to, just too much dps to fret over a lil recovery down lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix
Page 12 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next