Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
General information/news thread - Page 4 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
General information/news thread - Page 4 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General information/news thread

Go down 
+31
Ares
Tirith
Otoshimo
Eddy
Yamatsu
Roon
GobulHunterJames
JFizzle
Snagglux
Gilgames
DanielisAwesome52
TKMT
Yuki
Arkenaw
uriel1994
Derb
Ionisus
TheLaw
Lalo
Lucas
anduin55
Ataraxia
Unit33
Hanya
Ultimate Jaggi
aninymouse
Anonymin
Jader7777
It's meh
dcj91x
Will
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

General information/news thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:13 am

First topic message reminder :

We need one of these so all of you people will stop making new topics every time something new is said/shown about the game.

I will start,
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-25-how-monster-hunter-3-ultimate-wii-u-and-3ds-work-together
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Derb
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 10:26 pm

I know this is MH4 news, but it sorta relates to MH3U.

MH4 was originally set for March (in Japan), but has been delayed til the Summer.

Originally, MH4 was set to release in Japan the same month as MH3U in America. Two different regions getting two different ONLINE MH titles at the same time. This would have been awful timing if there was gonna be inter-region play.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:22 pm

^ How would there be considering we're getting MH3U and they're getting MH4
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 7:20 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
^ How would there be considering we're getting MH3U and they're getting MH4

And the 3ds version of 3U doesn't have online....
Back to top Go down
Derb
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:50 am

Because the Wii U version DOES.

Let's say 3U (for Wii U) DID have inter region play.

All the Japanese players are playing 3U HD right now.

Come March MH4 comes out in Japan, many of the players will stop playing 3U (especially since there's save transfers, they've probably gotten a lot out of 3U since it originally came out on the 3DS a year ago for them) and just play MH4 because Mh4 will be packed with new content compared to the changes from MH3 to P3rd to 3U.

At the same time, America gets MH3U HD. America asks, "Does 3U HD have inter region play?" Response: "I don't know, none of the Japanese players are playing 3U anymore."

If 3U comes to Europe (has that been announced yet?) then inter-region play might matter. But for the time being, it doesn't seem like it would change a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
Gilgames
Melynx
Gilgames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:23 am

3U will come to Europe.
The online servers are now nintendo's servers, so maybe they will consider inter region play. It would be great to play online when the players actually speak english instead of immediately saying "Hello. Ger?" or just start talking Spanish.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:25 am

Derb wrote:

If 3U comes to Europe (has that been announced yet?)

MH3U was announced for US and EU simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:07 am

^ It releases in March in both the US and EU areas just to add. I think this is posted all over the forums.

Both the WiiU and 3DS versions are on preorder most places now.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:41 pm

The intro is beautiful *tear*

(0:40-2:45)

EDIT: Watch In 1080p
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 11:31 am

I refuse to call Hapurubokka by it's ridiculous English name. If I confuse Tri Veterans who have never played Portbale 3rd then so be it, but Nibelsnarf sounds like a character from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy or something.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Roon wrote:
I refuse to call Hapurubokka by it's ridiculous English name. If I confuse Tri Veterans who have never played Portbale 3rd then so be it, but Nibelsnarf sounds like a character from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy or something.
Almost all of the English names are ridiculous. :/

Only decent ones IMO are Zinogre and Brachydios.
Zinogre isn't that different from Jinouga and was dubbed the (unofficial) English version since MHP3rd's launch.
Brachydios is fine because it's still pronounced as Bracchidios is but it has an odd spelling.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 10:55 am

They actually talk about the reason for choosing several of the names here:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/reno/blog/2012/12/21/monster-hunter-3-ultimate---localization-notes-part-1

A lot of the names do seem to make a lot of sense and are understandable. However no explanation yet is given for.. Snarf but it seems they have a goog reason for his name and promis to explain that soon.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Just some quick stuff I posted in the chat but others may be interseted in.. Some information from Unity and other places...

[12:25:43] @ dcj91x : Capcom Did state that MH3U is still slated and should have No problems releaseing on time in March.
[12:26:38] WyvernGS : nice
[12:26:58] @ dcj91x : They are also looking into the issue with the stores not having the 3DS version of MH3U listed or available for preorder as all the major stores Gamestop, target, Walmart and so on should have confirmation of the game at this time
[12:27:49] WyvernGS : not so nice
[12:29:07] @ dcj91x : Capcom/Nintendo do have a release date... However.. they are not giving it out as of yet.. some Capcom emplyess have hinted.. slightly that it may not be the regular (Sunday) release date for Nintendo exclusive games However as it usually is as "Then we wouldn't be able to do play videos on the release dat if it were on a sunday."
[12:30:52] @ dcj91x : So the 31st release date may just be a place holder and it will likely be released sooner in the month in the US on a Tuesday and the EU still having a Friday release..

_________________________________________________________________________________

Once full confimation on anything is out I'll let ya all know.
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos
Arkenaw

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:42 pm

New stream (well, video of a stream I guess):

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/357084190

Make sure you listen carefully at 3:35 :P
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Arkenaw wrote:
New stream (well, video of a stream I guess):

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/357084190

Make sure you listen carefully at 3:35 :P

God I can't wait to murq niblesnarf Hapi-hapi-puru

I love how the guy on the right is wearing a godzilla shirt XD
REPRESENT!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:42 pm

Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:19 am

Watching the streams of 3U, I really, REALLY love the new backgrounds they added in to all the areas. The giant tree in the Desert, the cave ceilings in the Tundra secret area, etc.

No one's mentioned them until now. I think it's nice that they gave us something new to stare at on our HD TVs.
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:35 am

dcj91x wrote:
GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY!!!!

http://mobile.siliconera.com/siliconera/#!/entry/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-on-wii-u-to-support-usb,50f5fa08d7fc7b5670effa5d

The western version of MH3U will support USB keyboards!!

i used a usb keyboard to type on mhtri, was there a chance it wouldn't work with the wiiU when it did work with the wii?
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 2:00 am

aninymouse wrote:
Watching the streams of 3U, I really, REALLY love the new backgrounds they added in to all the areas. The giant tree in the Desert, the cave ceilings in the Tundra secret area, etc.

No one's mentioned them until now. I think it's nice that they gave us something new to stare at on our HD TVs.
Those were all in tri.........now they are just in HD.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:41 am

Tirith wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY!!!!

http://mobile.siliconera.com/siliconera/#!/entry/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-on-wii-u-to-support-usb,50f5fa08d7fc7b5670effa5d

The western version of MH3U will support USB keyboards!!

i used a usb keyboard to type on mhtri, was there a chance it wouldn't work with the wiiU when it did work with the wii?

The USB keyboard was originally not supported for MH3U as well as there being no voice chat option. The keyboard function was set as gam pad only but will now be added as a day one patch update for the west. Capcom USA has also strongly suggested that voice chat and other communication functions will be added to the western version as a day one patch as well.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:23 am

So has every other online console mh dcj
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:07 pm

My personal thoughts on the USB keyboard:

Personally It's nice to have all the play options that Nintendo in general offers but.... Here's how I see it, you now have the WiiU gamepad set up in front of you displaying the area map and being used for voice/videochat, the classic controller pro attached to the wiimote sitting beside the USB keyboard that you have to swithch back and forth to to type messages... This is what we get in the west because people demanded it...

Or you can just use the WiiU Gamepad that does all that in one singel device without having to switch between everything and without having to charge multiple device/find batteries, worry about cords and so on and to keyboard/vidieo/voicechat just tap a button right in front of you... But in stead, we here in the west need multiple devices to do what a single device can do because we can't learn anything new.... Just saying.

Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm

dcj91x wrote:

Personally It's nice to have all the play options that Nintendo in general offers but.... Here's how I see it, you now have the WiiU gamepad set up in front of you displaying the area map and being used for voice/videochat, the classic controller pro attached to the wiimote sitting beside the USB keyboard that you have to swithch back and forth to to type messages... This is what we get in the west because people demanded it...

Or you can just use the WiiU Gamepad that does all that in one singel device without having to switch between everything and without having to charge multiple device/find batteries, worry about cords and so on and to keyboard/vidieo/voicechat just tap a button right in front of you... But in stead, we here in the west need multiple devices to do what a single device can do because we can't learn anything new.... Just saying.

basically another opportunity to show that I've got wicked fingers that can keep up with y'all that use a keyboard and still be able to hold a rather amusing congo midhunt! 8)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Don't forget the Touch screen offers the option to have pre-set phrases that you can place anywhere comfortable on the screen that you can just touch without having to navigate to the keyboard or away from the action.. so you can still be issuing comands quickly with the Gamepad that you can't do with other control options or the keyboard.

Click on, "Set trap" While still swinging GS or anything else without ever stopping or pausing for a sectond or use a potion or whatever while still issuing orders to all your underlings.
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos
Arkenaw

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:36 pm

dcj91x wrote:

Well we can't all type 150 WPM using a single stylus on a tiny screen like you apparently can. Also, the Wii keyboard is wireless and has a *turned on* lifetime of well over 1000 hours, I think I have never turned it off and replaced the batteries once since I got it in 2010.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Arkenaw: Umm.. First.. why would you use the stylus? Second it's the same as using a keyboard basically, you type like normal for the most part it's just flat..

And as stated before:

"Don't forget the Touch screen offers the option to have pre-set phrases that you can place anywhere comfortable on the screen that you can just touch without having to navigate to the keyboard..."

You don't have to make things complicated ya know.

But don't see why your getting upset.. the option is still there for you to put down your controller and take longer using a keyboard.. so be happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General information/news thread   General information/news thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General information/news thread
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next