Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Over Looked Games - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Over Looked Games - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Over Looked Games

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CrystalPower
Melynx
CrystalPower

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Over Looked Games - Page 3 Empty
PostOver Looked Games

We've all had that one (or maybe a few) game(s) that we have enjoyed, loved and went on to play multiple times more.

But the game in question, it happens to be hugely over looked.
Which is saddening, as some of the less popular games are the ones that people who have been lucky enough to play it, will remember it due to it's charm.

For example, here's mine:

- Okami: A very unique game indeed. It had the most beautiful art-style I have ever seen in a game. But that wasn't all it had going for it! Okami also had a gripping storyline, addictive gameplay and of course, an amazing soundtrack! And despite it's popularity on both the PS2 and the Wii, Okami still went on to spawn a sequel. Okamiden on the Nintendo DS.

- Zubo: A rather unique Rhythm-Based RPG for the Nintendo DS. With some clever character designs and a rather interesting turn-based battle system. Not much can be said for the story, music, ect. But commanding a team of Zubo's in battle was fun! I mean c'mon... Pairing a Punk Rock Zubo with a Gothic Zubo, only to beat up a Gangster Zubo? EPIC!!

So that's two of my over looked games. Are there any you lovely people would like to mention? Feel free!

~Crystal xx
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Over Looked Games :: Comments

Re: Over Looked Games
Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:09 am by Guest
^hah

I'm gonna go right ahead and say

WARIO LAND 3

honestly...its comparable to super mario world in quality, and has a TON of levels
Alice
Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:46 am by Alice
Brute Force for xbox.
CrystalPower
Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:03 am by CrystalPower
Shin Zelkami wrote:
Overlooked usually implies it's good.

I am aware of that. But heck, Ninja-Bread Man certainly isn't a game many people have played!! /yes/

After playing it myself.. I have seen why..
Daggers
Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:46 pm by Daggers
Baroque IMO was overlooked and if it did get attention it was underrated.
Over Looked Games - Page 3 !B8bkmd!CWk~$(KGrHqQOKpoEy+jCyz12BM3COWjyVQ~~0_35

The lost in blue series as well.
Over Looked Games - Page 3 180076b
Kurtz
Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:38 pm by Kurtz
fucking vanquish
short, sweet, full badass
Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:18 pm by Guest
Daggers wrote:

The gameplay of baroque is kind of crappy, however the soundtrack is one of those soundtracks where you go HOLY SHIT this is PERFECT and wish the game would have been really well done so that people could hear its awesome music.

I mean look:
Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 am by Oni Zelkami
I'm rather surprised that no one has mentioned God Hand yet. What is God Hand you ask?

CrystalPower
Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:05 am by CrystalPower
Over Looked Games - Page 3 250px-MadWorld

Was such a great game, but obviously too adult for the Wii.

It would have been better if it had a better sound-track too... I mean come on.. Rap music? BLEGHHH!!!!!!
Ultimate Jaggi
Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:47 am by Ultimate Jaggi
CrystalPower wrote:
Over Looked Games - Page 3 250px-MadWorld

Was such a great game, but obviously too adult for the Wii.

It would have been better if it had a better sound-track too... I mean come on.. Rap music? BLEGHHH!!!!!!

Wasn't that the game that went into the gamers guiness world record book for the most swearing (mainly uses of the f word) in it? I was like woahhh that's on wii?
Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 pm by Oni Zelkami
I thought that was House of the Dead: Overkill.
Chips
Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:23 pm by Chips
All Custom Robo games.
Daggers
Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:38 pm by Daggers
Vortiene wrote:
Daggers wrote:

The gameplay of baroque is kind of crappy, however the soundtrack is one of those soundtracks where you go HOLY SHIT this is PERFECT and wish the game would have been really well done so that people could hear its awesome music.

I mean look:

I do think the gameplay can be bland. most people i talk to about this game hate the diffculty level of it which i can understand even though i consider this game a gem. Its honestly the hardest game ive ever played even demon souls never pissed me off as bad as Baroque. Yeah the music in this game is awesome it fits the emood of the game perfectly Yes by vort.
JFizzle
Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am by JFizzle
Vortiene wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
Vortiene wrote:
Ys is highly overlooked in the western world dcj, just because it has 50 adaptations that only exist in japan doesn't mean it has done well over here...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys_(series)#section_3

Almost all of Y's games were released in the West multiple times on multiple platforms. And sold well on all of them pretty much. So not really overlooked at all anywhere.

I think only the people who lived through the time of the original turbografix and sega Ys games that did really well would regard it as popular. I only heard about it in about the last two years, and don't know anyone personally who has played anything from the series.

OMFG!! If u want to talk about some great old games, dat Turb Grafix 16 had some extremely good titles for its' time. Some of them are available on the Wii Shop channel too. I loved the pinball game "Devil's Crush" on that system. I still have my TG16, w a shitass ton of games.... somewhere.

Games that I loved over the years, may or may not fall into the category/consideration of "Overlooked", but:

X-Com: UFO Defense- Love this game, still play it from time to time.

Genji: Dawn of the Samurai- (PS2) Beautiful graphics, decent story, fun as chit gameplay, high replay value.

Onimusha- All of them were pretty good, decently challenging too,

Suikoden-(PS1) It's one of those RPG's I'll never forget. The music was pretty good too.

Beyond the Beyond- (PS1) One of the hardest RPG's I've ever conquered. Very fun tho.

EVO- (OG NES) This was an evolution based RPG where you used your xp points to evolve from a tiny minnow all the way to a predatory land beast. Super fun back in the day.

Marble Madness- (OG NES) Alot of you gamers 25yoa+ will definetly remember this game. You throw the controllers at the TV too?

Arkanoid- (OG NES) This was the OG brickbuster game that is on nearly everyone's cellphone nowadays.

General Chaos- (OG Sega Genesis) Fun little RTS game with differing soldier classes and a map thats almost too small to play on.

Persona: Revelations- (PS1) Pretty in-depth multi-layered rpg. Never beat it, but invested plenty of hours in it.

Journeyman Project: Turbo- (PC) This game came with some PCs sold in the late 90's. Really fun time traveling, puzzle solving game. I can still hear the music and sounds from this game in muh haid.

Full Throttle- (PC) "Somebody took my Keys........I don't like that..." Point and Click comedy/adventure game that is absolutely hilarious.

System Shock 2- (PC) One of my personal favorites, and personal claims to fame. I made this game work on Win XP MF'ers!!! One of the best Survival Horror RPG/FPS games evar!! The grafix aren't terrible either (Released in 1998). Oh and NB4 Deadspace.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl- (PC) God I loved this FPS. Just an absolutely epic physics engine, decent story, sneaky-ass enemies, and an excellent experience all around.

CrystalPower
Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:20 pm by CrystalPower
^

I agree with Genji and Onimusha.

Though might I add.. Genji was horribly short... I could speed run it in just over an hour... Still, amazing game!
JFizzle
Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:39 am by JFizzle
I agree. It could have used alot more content.

Can't believe I forgot one of my favorites:

Samurai Western- Great little PS2 game that is mad addictive and an excercise in reflexes.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:07 am by Guest
Daggers wrote:
Vortiene wrote:
Daggers wrote:

I do think the gameplay can be bland. most people i talk to about this game hate the diffculty level of it which i can understand even though i consider this game a gem. Its honestly the hardest game ive ever played even demon souls never pissed me off as bad as Baroque. Yeah the music in this game is awesome it fits the emood of the game perfectly Yes by vort.

I found it easy...get the 9 attack sword and instakill everything, game over.

Demon souls is definitely harder.

JFizzle wrote:

System Shock 2- (PC) One of my personal favorites, and personal claims to fame. I made this game work on Win XP MF'ers!!! One of the best Survival Horror RPG/FPS games evar!! The grafix aren't terrible either (Released in 1998). Oh and NB4 Deadspace.

I've gotten Virtual-On Cyber Troopers (1996) to work on windows 7 :P

oh and i add that to another overlooked game. It has one of the best true 3-d fight systems in any fighter. (Not pseudo 3-d like soul calibur)
JFizzle
Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:53 pm by JFizzle
Vortiene:

Nice! And who doesnt love Soul Calibur. I cant tell you how many hours I've logged into the first 3 of that series. Hopefully there will be one for the WiiU, w online play.
Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:06 am by Guest
JFizzle wrote:
Vortiene:

Nice! And who doesnt love Soul Calibur. I cant tell you how many hours I've logged into the first 3 of that series. Hopefully there will be one for the WiiU, w online play.

i like soul calibur a lot (probably my fave fighting game after virtual on) it's just not true 3-d vectored fighting
Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:11 am by Oni Zelkami

How is SoulCalibur overlooked?
Otoshimo
Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:13 pm by Otoshimo
Chips wrote:
All Custom Robo games.

yuuuuuus!

I just found my Custom Robo Arena for the ds the other month and it is such a nostalgia trip.
and my friend has the Gamecube version that we play all the time.

god they need a new entry in that series...
Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:48 pm by Guest
Shin Zelkami wrote:

How is SoulCalibur overlooked?

we didnt say that if you reread, we were just talking about it in comparison to the arena fighting style of virtual-on.
Daggers
Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:49 pm by Daggers
Virtual on is something that i always wanted to see come back. They dont even make games in the arena style anymore the last game i could think of would be Gotcha Force which was also a good and overlooked game.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:54 pm by Guest
Daggers wrote:
Virtual on is something that i always wanted to see come back. They dont even make games in the arena style anymore the last game i could think of would be Gotcha Force which was also a good and overlooked game.

virtual on oratorio tangram is on XBLA
Daggers
Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:03 pm by Daggers
Vortiene wrote:
Daggers wrote:

virtual on oratorio tangram is on XBLA

Never even knew that, sadly i dont have a xbox. i just play it on my dreamcast. Hopefully they'll put it on PSN someday.
JFizzle
Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:30 am by JFizzle
I've never even heard of Virtual-On. (Watches Youtube Gameplay Vid)

That game looks fun as shit!! I'm with you on that being a true 3-D fighter. It kinda looks like a fusion of Armored Core and Virtua Fighter.

Might have to give that one a go in the future.
Post  by Sponsored content

Over Looked Games

Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next