Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 11 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 11 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+92
Rowiehz
Big Boss
Verity19
Vivi
dcj91x
Phazon Xenomorph
Wanderer Jiyuren
Chai
SovereignCoffee
JFizzle
Un-Tan
Retoman
Cambell
PerfectHeaD
rjthakid
LucentNargacuga
aninymouse
IBGenius
YamiGekusu
anduin55
It's meh
Andy124
Firpi
2d6
Fazermint
Yamatsu
BoredForLife
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Roik
Martoboyo
zeek
Randomhunter
JAGGIRIPPER
Archie
ShadowCeadeusDM324
IceMage88
WinNerd
Octondo
Roon
HaBa912
CottonEyedJho
Quentin
pumpkinslayer
Animated_Shadow
Enkidu
Unit33
sakura808
evahnulahm
Chagrilled
Tirith
brokemyfingers
Darklinghunter
Akai the White Lightning
haruno
X Kitsune X
Secun
Antari18
Will
Samochan
GobulHunterJames
Hawkfriend
E&Troy
TheLaw
laoshanicrus
blueberryvibe
Dross
Yuki
Ares
Amnesty
Gian
parasky
Snagglux
TKMT
Jake Johnson
Atalanta
Gilgames
RDC
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Sai_
DanielisAwesome52
Edsain
Ultimate Jaggi
Anonymin
Saisei
Sephastus
Velits
bill_the_noob
Silverwind
PAiN---
Lalo
96 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

Hunting Journal - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:36 am

First topic message reminder :

well, first day of hunting. got a lot done.

fought my way all the way to lagiacrus, on the port I just defeated rathian
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 3:07 am

Finished my duram lance off today before going after the mini gaan event, realized that I could craft gaan armor easily for huge defense to help later on in g-rank when I finally get through lances, longswords, and gunlances... nah, after lances I'll go through g-rank. But having gaan blade armor will be nice. And yes, I got it's pallum already. Two of them. Not worried about that. Might go online for those last ones, volvi is really annoying in that. We'll see if I can actually do online quests with my shaky wireless.
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:34 am

Just got back online, and did the minigaan event, got 3 pallium, but failed to get a book on one of the quests do to a network error, Still got the rewards and came back to the port just fine, crafted and upgraded some weapons (e.g: Great/Celestial Demonbind and Brachy SnS), getting used to some differences in the weapons and slowly putting together some gunner sets (any suggestions will be great) as I currently have Los Soul (gunner) but unsure of a decent bow set apart from Nox X and Great Kelbi Deershot. Hopefully boosting some armor defense for my debut against Ala not sure whether to gun or blademaster him /lol/.

Last edited by TheLaw on Wed May 08, 2013 5:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarity, punctuation and some new content)
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Finally got to group with some forum members! Got H-Jhen Blademaster Armor and skilled for GS:

Sharp+1
Sharpness
Health +50
Focus
Critical Draw

Also made Blade of Tartarus & Cera Symetry... the 2 best raw +purple sharpness (with Sharp +1) in the game. Thinking Blade of Tartarus is better, because of much higher purple sharpness, which leaves less time wasted to sharpening.

Decided to go after some of the harder single fights in the game to see how they stack with GS, since they are easily doable with a HH, and they go down surprizingly well. Had to gem in evasion vs L-Narga, but it too went down. Was actually surprized when I saw the death animation since I didn't see any weakness signs.
Back to top Go down
CottonEyedJho
Kelbi
CottonEyedJho

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:43 am

YES! Finally got a Hercudrome!

Now I can finally upgrade my weapon!
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:05 am

Ah, HR8. I can see you in my sights.

I hate leeching, and it seems like any HR7 Key room I enter, a HR77 comes in and totally pwns the mob. So at this point, I'm finishing off the last HR7 keys solo.

Two left at the start of this evening - S. Zin and I.Lagi/Gobul. I decide to tackle the sea monsters.

I find Ivory first, and go after him. I still need practice with Ivory (I actually like fighting lagi in water over land, so fighting Ivory on land is awful for me), so I cart once after getting two consecutive area lightning shots to me. Get going, get his chest broke and claws broke, and a KO (I'm hammering, using fully upgrade Barroth line). Couple mistakes later, and cart #2.

I go after Ivory anyway, but get stunned. Go into the menu, about to select "Abandon Quest" only to see Ivory limp away! Lucky me, and I've got cap supplies. Cancel out of the menu, cap Ivory, pwn Gobul, and now just S. Zin and Miralis keep me from HR8!
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:31 am

Getting some Ranks, and trying to earn Abysal Lagriacrus & Savage Jho before taking them on for the first time. Join this room where the person wants help for HR 7. He posts a multi-monster and I felt like a complete boss completely overpowering the monsters by keeping them on perma-flinch with level 3 charged GS attacks. Back at port... I get kicked. Go figure.

After reading Atalanta's post, I think I see what possibly happened. Some people want to feel useful in a hunt, and not just leech of an overpowered player.

I think I am going to go back to doing Hunting Horn, or venture into bowguns... yeah.. I believe bowguns will be my next goal.

Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 4:34 am

Nearly finished my lance collection, just need to upgrade deus lance and get the purple ludroth and jho ones. While getting the three tails from goldbeard... well, two of them, I got four gems in one round. 1 deep 1 dark from carve, 1 deep rewards, and chacha looted a deep gem. Needless to say, surprised. Also surprised goldbeard takes the same amount of time as normal deus, give or take a few minutes. Well, just a crooked horn from that upgrade but was too tired from work to get it before tomorrow. Once I have those done, gonna work through g-rank. Most likely solo, but I'll see if I can actually stay connected online tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Animated_Shadow
Aptonoth
Animated_Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 8:53 am

Made it to G-Rank solo and forged my first armour set - Wroggi X. Gemmed in Crit Eye +3 for affinity madness.

I'm loving G-Rank, it's forcing me to switch up my weapon type for various fights. So far I've used the lance, hammer, HBG, Gunlance and Greatsword. Gonna upgrade my gun to Paco peco pico and have a shot (or 600) at Green Plessy today.
Back to top Go down
http://ninetyninepercentgaming.wordpress.com/
HaBa912
Aptonoth
HaBa912

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Started playing on the evening and thought about the mark of a hero quest. I decided to give it a go. Turns out that it wasn't as hard as I thought it was (thx for telling to let brachy beat los /yes/ ).

Well, I was happy and enthusiastic. Then the guild lady tells me I have one last quest to do,((Dunno if someone doesn't know about this yet so I'm putting it inside of "spoilers".))...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Animated_Shadow
Aptonoth
Animated_Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:14 am

Beat Mark of a hero and The Brilliant Darkness today with my Wroggi X and Dios Tailhammer +. Feeling very proud, as that was my first Ala :D
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Been clearing HR6 urgent quests and the non-urgent quests, only have a handful left to get through but those can probably wait for now. Did get online and got my last key quest (rust duram) done, had to hop around due to connection kicking me repeatedly, but I did manage to get a total of 6 guild cards (two from earlier round of online) for hunters for hire. Also cleared my brachy urgent quest thanks to a nice group of hunters who all sent their cards back, helped to give me some unity score too. Had to get off to get ready for work after the next hunt, but I did help clear the same urgent for one of them just before so I don't feel guilty about it.
Up next, volcano mining woopwoop!
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:34 am

Seriously wish we could screenshot, beat Village Jhen last night, with the Bow, specifically Edelweiss
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Working on Ceadeus Sword... Way too many crooked horns to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Animated_Shadow
Aptonoth
Animated_Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:39 pm

TKMT wrote:
Working on Ceadeus Sword... Way too many crooked horns to deal with.

Try the bow and HBG, so much damn fur it's unbelievable..
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:45 pm

At least you can get fur in the main rewards... :/
Back to top Go down
Animated_Shadow
Aptonoth
Animated_Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:47 pm

True. Back to the never ending grind, eh fellow hunter?
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:02 pm

Yep. Excuse me as I get my SCUBA gear on...
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:20 pm

I am completely amused today. Was hunting a few Gold Rathian and some guys were chatting about the other's girlfriend being bipolar and he needed a place of his own. Me, I was thinking that was too much info and I decided to leave. But really...they should not be airing something that private in a public chatroom. I just wanted to hunt monsters, not be interrupted with these two guys and their wall of text about their soap opera lives. I just have to shrug and chuckle at such weird randy talk I guess. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Octondo
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:55 am

Took down the purple royal. Lud. Deciding to get full cedious or just sweep the rest of the mogu level 7 quests, then upgrade. Pretty dissapointed they shut down tri before I got to slay a jho, day by day I draw nearer to ending the beasts life. I have thirst for devil blood.
Back to top Go down
WinNerd
Khezu
WinNerd

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:47 am

Got two Rathalos Mantles from a single Azure Rathalos cap!
Back to top Go down
IceMage88
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Finally completed my goal of beating Mark of a Hero and Brilliant Darkness without the use of G-rank gear or the slime element. Even though it wasn't a goal, I also managed not to cart on either on my successful attempts.

Definitely feels good, as I'd say these quests were much harder like this than anything I did in Tri.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 2:57 pm

IceMage88 wrote:
Finally completed my goal of beating Mark of a Hero and Brilliant Darkness without the use of G-rank gear or the slime element. Even though it wasn't a goal, I also managed not to cart on either on my successful attempts.

Definitely feels good, as I'd say these quests were much harder like this than anything I did in Tri.

Congratulations man. I've carted so many times on the Brilliant Darkness quest. With G rank gear. Although all of the monsters in both of the quests you mentioned are G rank equivalent, but only give high rank items. I'm actually not 100% sure they're the exact same, but I think they did have G rank equivalent hit points.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Only one quest to complete all 5* quests in the village and have all the low quests completed!
But at the same time I should be studying.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 6:26 pm

E&Troy wrote:
Congratulations man. I've carted so many times on the Brilliant Darkness quest. With G rank gear. Although all of the monsters in both of the quests you mentioned are G rank equivalent, but only give high rank items. I'm actually not 100% sure they're the exact same, but I think they did have G rank equivalent hit points.

G rank ala hits as hard as village one but it has more HP. So it all comes down to how fast you kill them both.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
IceMage88
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:29 pm

E&Troy wrote:
IceMage88 wrote:

Thank you /hap/ I find relearning Alatreon's attack pattern from what I knew in Tri was really important. At first I would cart in the first couple minutes and retry. His attack pattern seems really erratic, but theres actually a gap after most attacks even though it often looks like he will attack right away.

Much in the same vein as my last achievement, I managed to make the Alatreon lance before G-Rank. While I can't be postitive, I think alatreon weapons may be the only weapons outside of G-Rank to have white sharpness. After the initial hump of killing the first one, killing a couple more isn't as awesome an achievement, but its still cool to have a weapon like this at this point in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next