Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 10 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 10 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+92
Rowiehz
Big Boss
Verity19
Vivi
dcj91x
Phazon Xenomorph
Wanderer Jiyuren
Chai
SovereignCoffee
JFizzle
Un-Tan
Retoman
Cambell
PerfectHeaD
rjthakid
LucentNargacuga
aninymouse
IBGenius
YamiGekusu
anduin55
It's meh
Andy124
Firpi
2d6
Fazermint
Yamatsu
BoredForLife
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Roik
Martoboyo
zeek
Randomhunter
JAGGIRIPPER
Archie
ShadowCeadeusDM324
IceMage88
WinNerd
Octondo
Roon
HaBa912
CottonEyedJho
Quentin
pumpkinslayer
Animated_Shadow
Enkidu
Unit33
sakura808
evahnulahm
Chagrilled
Tirith
brokemyfingers
Darklinghunter
Akai the White Lightning
haruno
X Kitsune X
Secun
Antari18
Will
Samochan
GobulHunterJames
Hawkfriend
E&Troy
TheLaw
laoshanicrus
blueberryvibe
Dross
Yuki
Ares
Amnesty
Gian
parasky
Snagglux
TKMT
Jake Johnson
Atalanta
Gilgames
RDC
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Sai_
DanielisAwesome52
Edsain
Ultimate Jaggi
Anonymin
Saisei
Sephastus
Velits
bill_the_noob
Silverwind
PAiN---
Lalo
96 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

Hunting Journal - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:36 am

First topic message reminder :

well, first day of hunting. got a lot done.

fought my way all the way to lagiacrus, on the port I just defeated rathian
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 4:22 am

Plowed through the first ~half of duals crafted, still have plenty to go through though. Got a gem from tail carve getting the one ebonshell to upgrade to brachy DS, so I used it on those. Pretty strong, took a few mins off my glacial agna quests over using my fire sns. Also fully upgraded the gobul duals since I had enough materials handy after making it's G-rank armor to do it.
Oh, and I am reminded why I had Plesioth so much. The sounds it makes, how sudden it's land moves are (that damn tail slap...), all of it. Should probably make a general use ranged set for handling things like it... well, I'll think on it.
Back to top Go down
Animated_Shadow
Aptonoth
Animated_Shadow

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 5:42 am

Reached high rank in the port, started up Swaxing with the grim cat.
Back to top Go down
http://ninetyninepercentgaming.wordpress.com/
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:17 am

FINALLY got 2 frozen globs off jade barroth from capping it. Hunted like 6 of those buggers so far, killed only first one, gathered every single tear and got zero for my ice duals. When I finally got some, ofc I got 4 >_> Barroth jade armour version requirements make me weep, glad I dont want to make it.

Any nice armour set with plugs on it to use in tandem with hammer early high rank? I suppose if I get my poison hammer, the gigginox set wouldnt be too bad... but I don't really have other status weapons atm. Azure los set seems supersexy for my purposes, atm using Lagombi s with speedsetup, crit eye +2, item use up, cold cancel and heat surge. Saves me from having to grind dash extracts for mega dashes when normal dash juice is plenty for duals.

Hm, just how good would stamina drain be for a nox s hammer set? I happen to have +6 talisman... if I can exhaust monster faster, stamina drained monster doesnt fight back and keeps fallign down. :>

Edit: First high rank los urgent, ruby from tear *flex*
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:24 am

When it rains, it pours...

I decided to start farming Ceadeus now that he's so much easier with HR gear. The DDG weren't dropping, so I decided to do the repel, then start resetting the kills to speed up the DDG drops.

First repel, 3 DDGs in the rewards! So much for that plan. Now I actually have to get kills so I can farm Crooked Horns.

Also, figured out how/when to fish out Snarf. I saw it mentioned in the guide, but wasn't sure how until I happened to be running up to Snarf to hit his claws when he did his "skyhopping" move, when I saw the action icon flash on my head.

At least fishing him out is an actual minigame in itself - my first try failed, and I still got swiped during his subsequent spin.
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:04 pm

had another 4 day w'end so was able to progress nicely. Offline I'm now up to Mark of a Hero, had one go at it, finished the I Lagi but was low on potions so gave up and will come back to it later. Would like to do it before upgrading gear to G rank stuff for the challenge.

And online I've made it to G rank, though have been doing that offline as well. Did the last couple of HR 5 quests, including G Ceadeus with just the 2 Shakalakas. Was glad I'd had a go online earlier so I knew steak was off the menu, went with some mega dash instead. And got both a deep and dark gem in the rewards Yes by vort though no idea what I'll use them on.

Starting working through the HR 6, hasn't been too much of a challenge yet, though the monsters are noticably quicker, especially the Wroggi I did last night.

Currently using HR agna armor till I decide what G rank set I want to make, then it'll be farming time.
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:38 am

i think mark of a hero was hard enough with g-rank gear, i wouldn't want to try it w/out g-rank. <i did it with a HBG so those things hit me like a truck>
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:22 am

Got the Coat and the Pipe award... Tried "Mark of a Hero" with my Hunting Horn, not knowing what to expect. Got I-Lagi down, but carted on Dios/Los.

This is a big one for me: Changed weapons.

Picked up GS... Made a new Armor Set. My new skills:

Focus, Crit Draw, Awaken, Quick Sheath

Used the Vulca Vendeta GS.

Attempt number 2 at "Mark of a Hero" **This was a triumph... I'm making a note here: Huge success.**

No deaths, almost full health. Didn't have to use much of my pots, but it was an INTENSE fight. Not as limber as I used to be with my GS, but a few more practice runs and I should be back at 100%

Riding my triumph, I decided to take on Alatreon for the first time ever (Never did it in Tri). Triple carted... but I learned TONS. By the end, I had a nice groove going with the Binding Ballista. Maybe if I went at it with the GS... ^_^. Overall, was a good night. Giving it another shot tonight, but I feel OP with the GS... after 450+ runs with a HH, I feel like I am betraying my cause doing the GS... with slime element to boot.

Last edited by Sephastus on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Farming Hallowed Jhen again. I have his BM set, but I want the gunner set for LBG now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Cleared another couple G rank quests offline last night, finishing with Green Plesi... toughest fight I've had so far I think, yeah, worse than my first Brachy. After much swearing and cursing and having to go back to camp for the meds I got it with just over a minute left on the clock. One of these days I'll learn to take tranqs with me, would have saved me 5-10 mintues. Also, I don't think SnS is the best weapon for it but I'm wanting to use just that till I clear all the quests, then I'll start playing with other weapons.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:24 am

Finished off my duals collection, decided to get a bow set for those annoying monsters that need it. Got Wroggi X ranged armor for that, gemmed in pierce up skill and can switch between any of my +10 skill charms or power coating add. Went to make my bow collection after, bug bows were annoying due to desire sensor not wanting me getting bnahabra carapaces but going for G-rank ones fixed that. Bow actually makes Plessy kind of fun, it feels like a sin to say that but it's SO much less annoying. It would likely have gone faster if I didn't use the lightning bug bow and had more practice, but fifteen minutes isn't THAT bad.
SO glad I used that gem to upgrade the jho dual swords. Can tear HR village rathian apart in less than 7min using those, trip it with just a few combos, and cut the tail off within a minute. Not to mention they look really really cool.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:36 am

Finished the H Jhen gunner set, now I want the dire miralis LBG, but I've got to get him to drop a gem, which might take some time.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:40 am

Ares wrote:
Finished the H Jhen gunner set, now I want the dire miralis LBG, but I've got to get him to drop a gem, which might take some time.

After 3 hours, finally got another Los mantle, made the Silver Los gunner set, made 2 separate sets. Gemmed in AuL in one and CE+3 in the other. Did a Zin, got a Skymerald first hunt, did a Brachy, got a Pallium, did Miralis twice, got 3 gems.. all in one hour. LOS/IAN MANTLES, WHY U TAKE SO LONG TO GET?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:14 pm

My second attempt at Alatreon, and my first with the GS, and the beast went down! Greatswords are deadly in my hands!

I have officially finished all offline quests, and all the low and high rank Port quests. Only need a few more ranks to earn H-Jhen, and A-Lagi, and my goal to do the whole game with HH will be complete. Afterwards will solo farm different armor sets for different weapon types and styles.

Looking forward to joining a few forum goers for some hunts!
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:26 pm

First Zinogre today.
He was really unpredictable at first, but it's easy to get used to him.
He hits hard in low rank barioth Armor lol.

Surprisingly, I was the only one that didn't die. (All 3 other people carted) and they were all a higher HR than me (4 or 5 while I was 3).
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:14 am

Decided to try out the GS on the village freehunt. Bodies left and right. Made quick work of a Quropeco (sub 2 minutes), and random G-Wroggi joins in, only to limp away 1 minute later. Got my first world eater belly as well and achieved "Childhood Mask" and "Poggy" awards.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Finally got my Dire Miralis LBG, and I love it. 4 rapidly fired fire shots, and 3 rapid dragon and clust... It's amazing.
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra
bill_the_noob

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:06 pm

i've finally been focusing on Hunting Horn, building a few and had a lot of fun with it;
farmed a few lucent narga with it, and i got 2 moons in one run and 3 just two runs later; This is more than i got ine the 60 previous runs lol
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:24 pm

Finally got a few general sets

Sharp+1
Evade+2
Evade up
Insert 10 point 5 2 slot gem skill here.

Sharp+1
Attack Up Large
Stam Rec up
Current Res Low
Razor Sharp
Load Up/Speed Sharp

lulzy sets are lulzy
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos
pumpkinslayer

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Currently finishing my Rathalos soul set, completely finished apart from the legs for which I need a Rathalos Ruby, hopefully I will be able to gem it for evade +1 or +2 as I have gotten way too used to it after going through the majority or high rank with Nargacuga armor, also hoping to somehow get rid of the massive - health effect
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 4:29 pm

550 Plesioth fangs+ to go!
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:34 am

Just did an Alatreon with the Alatreon Bow, it took freaking 43 minutes and I died twice. I probably woulda run out of time had it not been for Cha-Cha using the artillery mask while kayamba used the ultimate mask and the seven lives ability (They cut his tail off with just the artillery mask 0.o)
I kinda hate how hard it is to match a blademasters damage with a bow.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 5:37 am

Finished my bow collection for now, couldn't be bothered to do ceadeus one when I just need some extra gold ceadeus parts to make it. Working on lances next, getting to the point where I can NPC any common monster part while hunting for the uncommon/break only ones. Helps with money for all that forging at least, but I am sitting on ~900kZ already.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:11 pm

7 May 2013

5:08 PM CST

Just finished off Rathalos during his hunt quest for the (probably not) final time - finally got that Rathalos Plate I needed to finish upgrading my Red Bludgeon into a Red Bludgeon +.

Next stop: farming Plesioth for the armor and the hammer.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Hunted a Great Baggi in moga woods. Strangely enough, he was like the G rank Great Baggi: speedy when enraged, and able to jump back while shooting sleep.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Finished mah barroth set yesterday, I gemmed in speed sharpening and I shall use it as my main gunlance set. I also got the barroth loader, it's a decent gunlance. Today I did a few mining quests and managed to get an artillary +5 charm, quick question, is artillary novice worth it? Also, does precision affect bows? Other than that not much has happened, besides owning Gobul with the peco gunlance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next