Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 5 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 5 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostPokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

I'mm shaking from excitement, I honestly have NEVER been this ecstatic about a new Pokemon game

I have fond memories of Red and Blue, I smile when I remember Christmas at my Great Grandmas house with Gold and Silver with like five of my cousins, I remember excitedly telling my aunt an Uncle about Ruby and Sapphire while holding a gaming magazine, I remember being so pissed when I lost my DS on a bus and couldn't get Diamond and Pearl, and I remember watching the Japanese release of Black and White, watching each batch of Pokemon, speculating with people about the starter Evos, etc

But never, NEVER has my jaw dropped, my whole torso shake, my heart race, and my hands clench when watching an announcement for a Pokemon game.

I can't begin to wrap my head around the amazing things I saw during that live video, I just cannot wait for more information, for more new Pokemon, for the INTERNATIONAL release of these gorgeous 3D games
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! :: Comments

Otoshimo
Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!
Post Wed May 22, 2013 12:47 pm by Otoshimo
Chagrilled wrote:
you forgot a fishy pun, i am disappointed. so what's the problem with the designs this gen?

I don't come to the forum anymore, only for this thread since it's Pokérelated. so mabey later when this forum is fun/boring enough to draw my attention.

Vortiene wrote:
all gens are good in some manner, you are deluding yourself if you think the new ones are completely terrible.

They all have flaws, of course.

As an example, I didn't really like 3rd gen pokemon other than the pseudo legendaries, but 3rd gen's world and story were so fun to play through, especially the huge ocean area and dive puzzles.

See there's the Irony, because alot of the fanbase dislikes Gen 3 because they felt it didn't have the excitement or memorablility as other gens, but the lineup of newcomers were very well thoughtout to the cast of pokemon. which... I can agree with, Gen 3 was kinda the least memorable next to johto. and like every generation. there are pokemon that are very well designed and some that are just "ech...".
But in regards to to the series as a whole it was very enjoyable. the introduction of double battles is very popular due as it deserves, it quite interesting to see what strategies players can make with 2 contenders at their command. A handful of pokemon from Gen 3 are still very prominent among competative gameplay due to theirs stats/versatility.

BoredForLife
Post Wed May 22, 2013 1:09 pm by BoredForLife
Ruby was the first pokemon game i played. Memories from a trip to the mountains , making a stop at a town and me buying ruby then playing it like hell for the rest of the day on a gba make it one of my favourite games.
For nostalgias' sake 3rd gen is awesome for me.

But yeah , the new gens are not terrible ,not including black and white , havent played those and X and Y arent out yet so can't judge those either. Except that new supposedly fairy type evelution. I can judge that freely.
I actually enjoyed the 4th gen greatly. Untill people introduced me to the meta and well the game lost it's fun for me.
Post Wed May 22, 2013 1:43 pm by Guest
BoredForLife wrote:

I actually enjoyed the 4th gen greatly. Untill people introduced me to the meta and well the game lost it's fun for me.

and that's why you gen pokemon, so you don't have to care about meta.

You train your in-game pokemon for fun without worry of EVs or anything and gen ideal ones for competitive if you want to do it.

Much more fun for me this way...
Ares
Post Wed May 22, 2013 1:54 pm by Ares
Vortiene wrote:
BoredForLife wrote:

and that's why you gen pokemon, so you don't have to care about meta.

You train your in-game pokemon for fun without worry of EVs or anything and gen ideal ones for competitive if you want to do it.

Much more fun for me this way...

Dem meta nick names....
Otoshimo
Post Wed May 22, 2013 1:56 pm by Otoshimo
...and that's why people hate genn'rs that are too stupid/lazy to actually play the game and make Ubermons and know how to EV train without the use of a computer program....
Ares
Post Wed May 22, 2013 2:00 pm by Ares
Otoshimo wrote:
...and that's why people hate genn'rs that are too stupid/lazy to actually play the game and make Ubermons and know how to EV train without the use of a computer program....

Same result, without the hassle of pointlessly working for hours ev training and leveling up. Manually trained ones are EXACTLY as strong as genned ones.
Otoshimo
Post Wed May 22, 2013 2:16 pm by Otoshimo
~minus the part that where the work is involved.
~minus the part where it's just like hacking any other game to get the best equipment/perks to be overpowerd at the word go.
~minus the part that you pretty much only need to EV train for competative gameplay and that gives a huge unfair advantage to be like "oh, give me five minutes, i'm just gonna generate a full ubermon team to enter for our match/enter the tourney/etc."
~minus that it pretty much defeats the whole purpose of playing pokemon when you can literally 'catch them all' overnight.

...shall I continue? i can go on for about 5 more lines.

Last edited by Otoshimo on Wed May 22, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
BoredForLife
Post Wed May 22, 2013 3:03 pm by BoredForLife
Nah , first and last point pretty much sums it up
Ares
Post Wed May 22, 2013 4:23 pm by Ares
Hey, it's your time. But IMO, designing the team is the fun part, ev training is just tedious and boring.
Otoshimo
Post Wed May 22, 2013 5:16 pm by Otoshimo
Then you want to play pokéshowdown ares, not an actual pokemon game
Post Wed May 22, 2013 5:19 pm by Guest
so i should spend hours and hours of my life for something that i can get without spending hours and hours of my life in order to actually play the game competitively? lol, no thanks

Also, no one gens pokemon in order to finish the main game, it's pointless to do so. Pokemon you insert into your game through genning aren't counted on your pokedex in most cases.

Look at competitive pokemon like pokemon stadium, not pokemon where you train your pokemon. Competitive battle is you choose your moves, items, and pokemon. You don't choose their levels. They are already levelled. You can choose what stats each pokemon will have the most points in.

That's how I see it. I don't know why people get so riled up about it. You select your pokemon, and use them. Arguing that you didn't spend time training them is pointless, because in competitive battle, people want to do competitive battle, not screw around endlessly training their teams.

I play the game fairly myself, the only time i gen is for competitive. Because i dont want to spend a billion years making a team that i think would be cool to try out, i want it right away so i can try it right away.

Last edited by Vortiene on Wed May 22, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ares
Post Wed May 22, 2013 5:26 pm by Ares
Vortiene wrote:
so i should spend hours and hours of my life for something that i can get without spending hours and hours of my life in order to actually play the game competitively? lol, no thanks

Also, no one gens pokemon in order to finish the main game, it's pointless to do so. Pokemon you insert into your game through genning aren't counted on your pokedex in most cases.

Yeah, as mentioned previously, I just catch and carelessly train pokemon for the actual game, genning is just a massive time saver when it comes to competitive play. And honestly, I don't understand why people whine and piss and moan about this... Manually EV trained teams are just as good as genned ones. Not better, not worse. Just saves time. Some people pokemon differently, but if we all get to the same point in the end, who cares?
Otoshimo
Post Wed May 22, 2013 6:26 pm by Otoshimo
Vortiene wrote:
If you didn't wanna spend hours of your life on something, don't play video games.

Vortiene wrote:
Also, no one gens pokemon in order to finish the main game.

No shitz sherlock, that's the whole point why people have a problem with it. no one cares when you use a genned pokemon for money-grinding or anything in-game. But as I said post prior, people don't gen for main story they gen to be an 'badass' at competitions the laziest way out, not playing the actual game

Vortiene wrote:
Look at competitive pokemon like pokemon stadium, not pokemon where you train your pokemon. Competitive battle is you choose your moves, items, and pokemon. You don't choose their levels. They are already levelled. You can choose what stats each pokemon will have the most points in.
yes, that is true. but sadly for you, pokemon has evolved since the days of the N64. Back in the days of old, natures and EV didn't exist in the core mechanics of obtaining the strongest pokemon. 2 identical pokemon of same movesets have a equal probability of victor/defeat back then. Now, the grasp of knowing what it means to be a "Pokemon Master", if you will, extends to the reaches of the hard work & training and knowing what you are doing to have the best teams.

Vortiene wrote:
That's how I see it. I don't know why people get so riled up about it. You select your pokemon, and use them. Arguing that you didn't spend time training them is pointless, because in competitive battle, people want to do competitive battle, not screw around endlessly training their teams.

Yes, that is how you see it. However, The core of pokemon competative communities see it as "hacking", "lazyass gamer" and "Pokédick gameplay". To put it in more simplified terms for you, that's last sentence is like saying " People want to get super armor/weapons, not screw around endlessly doing hunts and cap quest." In fact, pokégenning is much like hacking on tri online. Alot of people do it because they just don't want to play the game, they want their mats now for equipment. meanwhile, all the people who know what they are doing hold animosity towards those who can't be bothered to play the game he way it's intended; doing the work and reaping the benefits.and amidst those 2 groups, the only ones who don't hack yet go around looking for those who do are the kids seeking for easy way out of ding the work & playing the game. While they are 2 different games entirely, the situation at hand is very much identical.

Vortiene wrote:
I play the game fairly myself, the only time i gen is for competitive. Because i dont want to spend a billion years making a team that i think would be cool to try out, i want it right away so i can try it right away.
1) that's why there are competative pokemon site where you can build a team from scratch, enter your desired EV/IV stats, Nature, etc. and battle online with said team.
2) that 1st sentence is the exact reason why fans hate Pokégen and genn'rs in the 1st place...
Ares
Post Wed May 22, 2013 8:36 pm by Ares
Otoshimo wrote:
Vortiene wrote:
If you didn't wanna spend hours of your life on something, don't play video games.

Vortiene wrote:
Also, no one gens pokemon in order to finish the main game.

No shitz sherlock, that's the whole point why people have a problem with it. no one cares when you use a genned pokemon for money-grinding or anything in-game. But as I said post prior, people don't gen for main story they gen to be an 'badass' at competitions the laziest way out, not playing the actual game

Vortiene wrote:
yes, that is true. but sadly for you, pokemon has evolved since the days of the N64. Back in the days of old, natures and EV didn't exist in the core mechanics of obtaining the strongest pokemon. 2 identical pokemon of same movesets have a equal probability of victor/defeat back then. Now, the grasp of knowing what it means to be a "Pokemon Master", if you will, extends to the reaches of the hard work & training and knowing what you are doing to have the best teams.

Vortiene wrote:

Yes, that is how you see it. However, The core of pokemon competative communities see it as "hacking", "lazyass gamer" and "Pokédick gameplay". To put it in more simplified terms for you, that's last sentence is like saying " People want to get super armor/weapons, not screw around endlessly doing hunts and cap quest." In fact, pokégenning is much like hacking on tri online. Alot of people do it because they just don't want to play the game, they want their mats now for equipment. meanwhile, all the people who know what they are doing hold animosity towards those who can't be bothered to play the game he way it's intended; doing the work and reaping the benefits.and amidst those 2 groups, the only ones who don't hack yet go around looking for those who do are the kids seeking for easy way out of ding the work & playing the game. While they are 2 different games entirely, the situation at hand is very much identical.

Vortiene wrote:
1) that's why there are competative pokemon site where you can build a team from scratch, enter your desired EV/IV stats, Nature, etc. and battle online with said team.
2) that 1st sentence is the exact reason why fans hate Pokégen and genn'rs in the 1st place...

Someone's butthurt...

Capcom certified censorship EV training a few teams, it just becomes such a long and tedious process, like doing homework almost. Battling weak ass pokemon for EV'a is so boring, and at least farming for monster parts in tri was somewhat fun.

Last edited by Ares on Thu May 23, 2013 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm by Guest
oto apparently wrote:
you're not allowed to have fun competitively unless you trained your pokemon for years and became best friends!!!! You should be ashamed of yourself for enjoying your own life instead of wasting it!

/roll/ you must be shitting squidding me
Otoshimo
Post Wed May 22, 2013 10:51 pm by Otoshimo
Ares wrote:

Capcom certified censorship EV training a few teams, it just becomes such a long and tedious process, like doing homework almost. Battling weak ass pokemon for EV'a is so boring, and least farming for monster parts in tri was somewhat fun.

yea cause it's just fun to do a monster 6-14 times to get one item that you need 3-5.... then have to do that all over again for the next thing. EV'ng is not that hard if you know how to effectively do it. I've EV'd teams overnight and it's still more fun Capcom certified censorship all these years than grinding for stupid mats.

and kid, you clearly cannot differentiate butthurt from a large assessment of facts, mannerisms, and viewpoints from a different fanbase. i apologize for this, I will remind myself to use smaller words next time.

Vortine lost an argument so, in his dispare, he wrote:

oto apparently wrote:
something because vorthole can't read or defend his standpoint on the topic of discussion so he just enters his own text and comments on that

/roll/ you must be shitting squidding me

/palm/ that's exactly what i said when
1) you make comments like "you gen so you don't have to care about meta", "I only gen for when it's for competative play" and such...
2) you thought you could derail another topic to flaunt your ego....
Otoshimo
Post Wed May 22, 2013 11:00 pm by Otoshimo
Now, getting back on the topic (which was about the next gen of pokemon, not EV and hacking)

Not grand news as big as last session was released. small rumors here & there, mostly based on stuff already assumed in the earlier.

Fairy type pokemon were revived with mentioning of the new move "Draining Kiss"

The starters were 'hinted' At their final Evolution typings;
Fire/psychic
Water/Fight
Grass/Dark

minor news on supposed leaked info on more new pokemon,
Hints at the original starters making an appearence,
and a supposed new form for mewtwo. yes, another form on top of the one already confirmed.

But, as stated, all rumors and supposed leaks. you know how that song and dance goes.

Here's some links to these unofficial 'Updates'. Nothing of real importance yet, but may be worth checking out for those curious on what may be in store.
http://pokebeach.com
http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/05/20/pokemon-x-and-y-evolution-original-starters-rumors/
http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/05/22/pokemon-x-and-y-mewtwo-formes-update/
http://www.latinospost.com/articles/19619/20130522/pokémon-x-y-rumors-new-evolutions-starter-types-hit-latest.htm[/url]
GobulHunterJames
Post Thu May 23, 2013 3:21 am by GobulHunterJames
Am I the only one who is excited that there may be a new type?
MasterOnion
Post Thu May 23, 2013 3:22 am by MasterOnion
Yes. Yes you are. Now go sit in the corner and think about what you have done.

Kidding aside, if they did introduce new types it would be interesting to see how the metagame changed if nothing else.
Otoshimo
Post Thu May 23, 2013 8:44 am by Otoshimo
One supposed leak is said to reveal how Fairy Type will work:
~ Super-Effective versus Dragon, Dark, & Fighting
~ Immunity to Dragon
~ Not Very Effective versus Fire & Psychic
~ Weak versus Steel & Poison

The same rumor also states that some pokemom from earlier generations will be reevaluated wiith the new type. The only pokemon mentioned, however, was Mawile. Given the dual typing of Steel/Fairy
Yuki
Post Thu May 23, 2013 9:19 am by Yuki
I'll be honest fairy typing sounds so uninspired... I don't mind a new typing just I don't know it feels like they didn't much thought in to it when they were naming it. That is just my opinion, then again I don't think it really matters as long as it doesn't take away from the experience.
Win32error
Post Sat May 25, 2013 6:27 pm by Win32error
Something immune to dragon? Now THAT would change the metagame.

But let's see what exactly happens first, they haven't dared change types since gen II.
Ultimate Jaggi
Post Sat May 25, 2013 9:45 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
I feel as if dragon should be super effective to something besides dragon itself. That would make a lot more sense, as dragon would have more than just a use against dragon types.

But I guess immunity could be fine too, as dragon is only not effective against steel.

Either way works XD
Post Sun May 26, 2013 2:10 am by Guest
Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
I feel as if dragon should be super effective to something besides dragon itself. That would make a lot more sense, as dragon would have more than just a use against dragon types.

But I guess immunity could be fine too, as dragon is only not effective against steel.

Either way works XD

i think dragon types are good enough already
Yamatsu
Post Sun May 26, 2013 5:34 am by Yamatsu
Vortiene wrote:
Ultimate Jaggi wrote:

Either way works XD

i think dragon types are good enough already
Agreed, imo it's the sheer power of many dragon types and the fact that it resists loads of types is what makes it good.
Post  by Sponsored content

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

Page 5 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next