Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 16 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 16 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+92
Rowiehz
Big Boss
Verity19
Vivi
dcj91x
Phazon Xenomorph
Wanderer Jiyuren
Chai
SovereignCoffee
JFizzle
Un-Tan
Retoman
Cambell
PerfectHeaD
rjthakid
LucentNargacuga
aninymouse
IBGenius
YamiGekusu
anduin55
It's meh
Andy124
Firpi
2d6
Fazermint
Yamatsu
BoredForLife
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Roik
Martoboyo
zeek
Randomhunter
JAGGIRIPPER
Archie
ShadowCeadeusDM324
IceMage88
WinNerd
Octondo
Roon
HaBa912
CottonEyedJho
Quentin
pumpkinslayer
Animated_Shadow
Enkidu
Unit33
sakura808
evahnulahm
Chagrilled
Tirith
brokemyfingers
Darklinghunter
Akai the White Lightning
haruno
X Kitsune X
Secun
Antari18
Will
Samochan
GobulHunterJames
Hawkfriend
E&Troy
TheLaw
laoshanicrus
blueberryvibe
Dross
Yuki
Ares
Amnesty
Gian
parasky
Snagglux
TKMT
Jake Johnson
Atalanta
Gilgames
RDC
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Sai_
DanielisAwesome52
Edsain
Ultimate Jaggi
Anonymin
Saisei
Sephastus
Velits
bill_the_noob
Silverwind
PAiN---
Lalo
96 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

Hunting Journal - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:36 am

First topic message reminder :

well, first day of hunting. got a lot done.

fought my way all the way to lagiacrus, on the port I just defeated rathian
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 8:52 pm

I got monday off work due to it being a holiday, and cause it was wet and miserable it was a great day to hunt monsters.

Ended up getting 3 new awards from doing Ala offline, and finally doing Hallowed Jhen and Lucent Narga.

Not really sure what I'm aiming for at the moment, mostly just clearing 8* quests and increasing HR so I can get to A Lagi and start on a Nether armor set.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Back from my 2 week vacation. Took the 3DS with me, and learned how to play with a "non-pro control" setup. Unlocked and killed A-Lagi, Maxed Cha-cha and Kayamba, finished ALL quests with the exception of 3 Advanced 7 star and 3 8 star, plus haven't unlocked Savage Jho yet. Got HR79, before getting back to the states.

Overall, I feel like I am finally competent enough for any type of controller setup, and have properly mastered the GS and the HH. Time to move on to gunner sets... soonish.

Edit: Removed Focus, and added evade to my GS set and I just feel untouchable!

New Set skills:

Sharp+1 Sharpness, Crit Draw, Health + 50, Evade +1
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:17 pm

I finally got that Deviljho Gem for my Jho great sword. Now that I've been using it I've fallen in love with great swords again. Getting more great swords means needing more mats which means staying even longer than I already should have at HR 7.
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:32 am

Finished all G1 quests including advanced quests, only 5 more G2 advanced quests until those are clear as well Yes by vort . Been using the Kelbi Bow the "right way" and not lvl 1 spam way, it is really a great bow! Can use all the coating so it is useful for para/sleep/poison and is pretty powerful with its own attack.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:42 am

Finished all my advanced quests last night, finally... got a bunch of mantles/palliums on the way, made my Cera Cymmetry. Now I just need a Handicraft +5 Talisman or better Fast Charge Talisman to perfect my GS set xD. Even though all I have done lately is use the bowguns.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:32 am

Finished 3 awards last night, mark of strength, sages wisdom and the argosy license. Also found gods isle ancient shard while mining Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Finally began my save on MH3U, at first began learning the Bow (after quite a while in Freehunt thinking "gawd I haven't played this game in a long time") but quickly switched to Dual Swords after the 3rd G.Jaggi quest.

From there, completely surprised by Dual Swords' power and went straight through to just after the G.Wroggi quest in no time. Working on G.Jaggi halfheartedly, not sure what armour to build at all.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:21 pm

Hit HR70 today. Unlock Abyssal and make quick recognition with not fully upgraded Brachy GL. Doesn't look that scary. Need to farm it more in the future for hands, waist and legs armor. Mats for those are kind of nuts so i guess there's a lot of work do do. I guess cloudy moonshard will be the biggest problem of all.

Also thx to incredible luck with getting blos hardhorn i managed to finish my 4 basic GS sets and Normal shot set. Waiting now for G rank ala event to upgrade Ala GS to max.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:52 am

Last couple of days were great. It was just me and my friend hunting and stuff.

We got to Miralis and it was a bit intimidating, but it's not so hard once you get the hang of it. We removed our level caps and I jumped to HR 77 while he only jumped to HR 35. Then we tried out the new monsters.

Gold Rathian was as tough as I thought she'd be, but Silver Rathalos was way easier. Abyssal Lagi looks really cool, but wasn't too difficult. I really hate its whirlpool move though. Lucent Nargacuga was also tough, but we pulled through.

Now I'm at HR 81 and I'm planning on upgrading  more stuff before moving onto Hallowed Jhen.

Forged Megiddo Mode and Megiddo Forge
Upgraded Nether Direaxe to Nether Excellion
Upgraded Bamboo Okina to Bamboo Kaguya
Upgraded Skyscraper to Skysunderer
Upgraded Avidya Edge to Eclipse Edge
Upgraded King Lobstrosity to Royal Lobstrosity

EDIT: I don't know where this goes, but I guess I'll put it here. I just had a dream where I ran away from a Lucent Great Jaggi in the Volcano. It was pretty frightening.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:03 pm

I finally got MH3U for 3DS! That was delayed way longer than I intended to, but now I've started again, and I'm quickly going through the beginner missions. Here we go!
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:19 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
HaBa912
Aptonoth
HaBa912

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:30 pm

Played the game too much in a short time. Can't get excited about anything, so stopped playing. Maybe someday I will play again.

Though I hope you others have wonderful time hunting some monsters /wink/.
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:44 pm

@MetaMarx, nice going to hit 77 after DM, you must have really taken your time (I thought I had and I only went to 38)

Spent saturday doing L Narga so I could make a Lambent armour set, it wasn't as painful as I was expecting, only failed the first farming run, after that we (various random people) cruised through, ended up needing some Dapples to finish it off which I got a bit after midnight.

Yesterday was just relaxed hunting, clearing quests, working on HR, checking out the new armour set (gemmed it for evasion +1).  Entered one city and the 2 guys in there had March of Victory cued up, so I join and we wait for ages for a 4th.  Finally decided to do it with just the 3 of us, I carted once against Brachy + R Duram (Duram fell on me just after Brachy had got a hit in), we'd just started on I Lagi + S Zing when one of the guys left but myself and the host were able to finish it, one of the more enjoyable / challenging quests so far Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 3:06 am

@Enkidu: Yeah I had a lot of equipment to upgrade when I got to HR 7. That's the drawback to having so many weapons hehe

Back to the journal: Geez today was a bad hunting day. The only things I ever fought were Lagis and Rathians. Out of the entire day, two Lagi mantles and one Rathian mantle. I guess I shouldn't have expected anymore, but daaaang did I go through a lot of monsters.

It all wasn't bad though. I found some fun people to hunt with, and I actually found people who stopped attacking the monster when I put it to sleep.

Upgraded Oppressors Law to Nether Katana
Upgraded Neo Voltsender to Acrus Whitebolt
Upgraded Heartshot Bow III to Selene Moonbroken
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:03 am

I got a lot done this weekend. Went to my friend's house for a 12 hour monster hunter sesh xD Farmed all the Blos Hardhorns I needed fairly quickly. Made my Cera Cymmetry, and also upgraded my current GS set into two new ones, Sharpness+1/ Crit Draw/ Focus/ Rock Steady and a ditto set with Speed Sheathe in place of Rock Steady (kudos to the MH Armor Library Thread). Also made a nice hammer set AuM/ Rock Steady/ Focus/ Weakness Exploit. Completed most of my HR8 quests, just need a few more done for the award, then it's off to arena. On the side, I've been getting some commodities traded for the award.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Yesterday, and the day before, I farmed the LR Los on one of my new characters for tails. I couldn't get a single ONE. Instead I got plates and marrows. Ended up getting 3 plates before getting a single Tail. I already had one tail, but I needed two. Then I found out that the weapon I wanted to make could be forged from something else and that only required 1 Tail. I was happy about that and went ahead and made it. I then need a few more LR Los parts to upgrade it. So I make a room and get a decent group. We hunt them, killing them very quickly, and they even managed to cut the tail. And of coarse, the first thing I carve from the tail is a tail... I hate the desire censor. It's so real without being real. For that same reason, I could get Blos Hardhorns without any trouble just because I have never desired them.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:35 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:53 pm

So, today was the main day for me actually grinding through the game. I got MH3U two days ago, but I was busy both days, and when today started, I still hadn't completed the fishing tutorial.

So, I started off the morning by grinding through the early quests. At first, I did every quest, even the non-key quests, but that got boring, and I figured I could just come back to them for an easier time, even if it'll still be boring. Great Jaggi went down insanely fast, which surprised me, because it took me longer on Tri. Nonetheless, I kept going. Arzuros was a nice surprise, being a new monster. Even though it was quite straightforward, it was refreshing to see something new, even though I wouldn't really be doing it again. That was the point where I stopped doing non-key quests, because I could fight them with overpowered equipment and take much less time.

So, I went through the Shakalaka Savior urgent, then on to 3*. Weirdly, I couldn't find Qurupeo after the cutscene for like four minutes, but whatever, I found it and promptly killed it. Barroth was pretty smooth, and then I had a Gobul urgent on my hands. At that point, I realized I was rather underequipped, even if I did have excellent longsword skills. So, I popped on the Wiki to look for a suitable armor, and from there, I decided to start grinding Great Wroggi. It had Razor Sharp, always a big plus, and then there was Shakalaka Rally, which was interesting to see. Plus, it had Negate Poison, which would definitely come into handy as there was Rathian to do (not much of an impact), and there was the fact that I am a HUGE Gigginox fan. And the armor looks really cool too. So, I went into it and I was not disappointed. It was pretty much the fight I expected as a relative of the Great Jaggi, and I managed to get almost all of the materials I needed in three runs. After that, the desire sensor kicked in, and it took me two more runs to grab a couple Ridges and Hides so I could finish my armor set. Sadly, I tried doing Barroth for Monster Bone Ls, as that's where they had been in Tri, but they weren't showing up, so I asked around on the forum here. Apparently I had to go fight Rathian. Meh. So I went into the Gobul urgent and swept that up in less than fifteen minutes.

So, Great Baggi and the land of Isisium rage. Fun times. Anyway, I swept through both key quests. Great Baggi was a joke as usual, and then there was Lagombi. Quite similar to Arzuros, it was fun to see the new attacks and stuff, but it was again rather straightforward, and I killed it without much issue. So, the Lagiacrus needs to be repelled. Okay, sure. Let's cut off its tail and break a few claws in the process, hmm? Sadly, only a Scale. No biggie. Too bad that it's really hard to get the Shell Shockers when you fight it on land and repel it in Area 9. I can get those later anyway.

And boom, I could fight Rathian now. Yayyy. I fought it, and it was relatively easy, but interestingly enough, I carved a Plate from its tail. Cool. That would come in handy for a weapon later. I got the Monster Bone L, but only one. Whatever. Onto Gigginox, it's a key quest and it also has Monster Bone L. I loved the new attacks and such, but I was surprised by the fact that I started bouncing off of its head and tail when it was in rage mode with green sharpness. That would be pretty harsh to work around early on, but I did manage to get all three breaks. Nothing too special, but there's not much that is special for it anyway. So, I got my Wroggi Sword, finally. On the side, I've also been building an Ananta Boneblade and a Thane Lance, which has yet to be upgraded to the Azure Crest because I need at least three more Great Baggi runs, as I was unfortunate enough to not get a King's Crest from the head break, and since I won't be lancing yet (I'm better with longsword), I figure it won't be much of an issue. If I can upgrade it to the Azure Crest then immediately into a Shadow Javelin or higher, that'd be fine with me.

Onto Lagiacrus. Whatever. Since I plan on ending with Gigginox X armor and a Megrez's Asterism, I would be making my Wroggi Sword into something more useful, like the Plesioth Longsword, Jade Vagalhao. And to do that, Wroggi Sword goes through Thunderclap, so I focused on getting the Shell Shockers. I got one, so I'll still have to do another run eventually.

And that's where I am now. I have a nearly fully upgraded Wroggi armor set (up to the Adv Armor Spheres), with a Wroggi Sword, an Ananta Boneblade, and a Thane Lance. Not bad.
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:21 pm

Finished g rank Jhen gunner armor to serve as my upgraded pierce speed run set. Mined moga woods for earth crystals and fully upgraded ancient shard hammer. Seems like a pretty good dragon element hammer to me and it looks cool.

Think I will grind miralis to make all of his weapons just cuz.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 3:36 am

Today I started making a better bow set than the one I have right now. The set I hope to have has Evade +1, AuM, Focus, and Load Up. I got everything except for the helm in no time. 

For the final piece of the set I need a barrage earring. After looking up how to get it, I started on completing everything with everything. Man those arena quests are not difficult to S Rank on. I did a horrible job GSing Rathalos, and I only missed S Rank by 6 seconds. Basically today was just arena. I feel like I spent most of my time looking for people to play with than actually playing haha. Anyways, I did get most of it done. I still need to complete Gigginox, Rathalos, Nargacuga, Lagiacrus, and Rust Duramboros. I'm probably gonna have trouble completing Lagi and R. Duram. By the 4th or 5th time, my partner just gets bored of it haha.

Forged Nargacuga Vest Z and Nargacuga Guards Z
Forged Vangis Coil
Forged Rathalos Leggings X
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:08 am

I was in your shoes not too long ago trying to get the arena piercings, just post a room and do the solo quests while you wait and you should find someone that needs the same thing as you.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 am

After 2 days of farming Lagiacrus for a Sapphire solo I decided to go online and host a room. Spent 2 hours farming him again, only to get 6 Mantles. Stopped doing that, needed some Captain IOU's to make a Adrenaline+2/ Challenger+2/Bombardier/Sharpness+1 Set. So I did the Free For All event, sure enough, 4 runs and all 4 I got my damn Sapphires (ofc when I don't want them anymore). Made the ADR set and forged the Stygian Duals, and Grongigas Hammer.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 4:13 pm

Did all quests available to me up to rank 86. Working on getting awards now. Remaining awards:

Silver & gold crowns, Arena awards, Combo, furniture, Argosy, Map, Savage Jho, 1 million Moga points & HR Points.

I figure I got another hundred or so hours ahead of me... specially for the gold crowns...
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:08 am

Today was all about armor. I completed all of the arena and got my barrage earring for my bow set. Now I just needed an attack tali. I started farming for one, and on my 3rd or 4th run I got a +6 status tali. It was pretty useful considering the fact that Gigginox Leggings X have +4 status. I ditched the Rathalos Leggings for the Nox ones, and the Nox ones still have 3 slots. With those slots I gemmed in Evasion +2. My new set has Load Up, Focus, Evasion +2, and Status Attack +1.

With all the coins I got from the arena, I decided to make the Deadeye set. Why not? I have the mats and it looks cool, so I went for it. The only thing I needed was 3 Sand Barioth Lashes.

The first Sand Barioth room I entered had 3 others in it. 2 people were taking forever to set up, and the other guy and I were waiting patiently. Finally the other guy chimed in, "We don't have all day." Then one of the two started giving this attitude and what not. Talking all smack and stuff like that and insulting the other guy. I got a lot of negative vibes from the room, so I left. Seeing no other rooms, I made my own, and it filled up in no time.

We went on our first quest and cut the tail. I went to carve and.... cortex. Thanks Desire Sensor. Next quest was the advanced triple s. bari quest. First tail: cortex. Second tail: Large Wyvern Stone. Third: my first lash. after a couple more quests I got my lashes and had to go. I'd already been on for awhile, but I really didn't want to go. This group was really fun to hunt with. I told them I had to go, but then something happened that I had never seen before. They thanked me for hosting, and they said they had a lot of fun. That just reminded me of why I love hunting online so much. I hope to meet more people like this in the future.

Completed Bow set
Forged Deadeye set
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next