Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 17 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 17 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+92
Rowiehz
Big Boss
Verity19
Vivi
dcj91x
Phazon Xenomorph
Wanderer Jiyuren
Chai
SovereignCoffee
JFizzle
Un-Tan
Retoman
Cambell
PerfectHeaD
rjthakid
LucentNargacuga
aninymouse
IBGenius
YamiGekusu
anduin55
It's meh
Andy124
Firpi
2d6
Fazermint
Yamatsu
BoredForLife
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Roik
Martoboyo
zeek
Randomhunter
JAGGIRIPPER
Archie
ShadowCeadeusDM324
IceMage88
WinNerd
Octondo
Roon
HaBa912
CottonEyedJho
Quentin
pumpkinslayer
Animated_Shadow
Enkidu
Unit33
sakura808
evahnulahm
Chagrilled
Tirith
brokemyfingers
Darklinghunter
Akai the White Lightning
haruno
X Kitsune X
Secun
Antari18
Will
Samochan
GobulHunterJames
Hawkfriend
E&Troy
TheLaw
laoshanicrus
blueberryvibe
Dross
Yuki
Ares
Amnesty
Gian
parasky
Snagglux
TKMT
Jake Johnson
Atalanta
Gilgames
RDC
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Sai_
DanielisAwesome52
Edsain
Ultimate Jaggi
Anonymin
Saisei
Sephastus
Velits
bill_the_noob
Silverwind
PAiN---
Lalo
96 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

Hunting Journal - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:36 am

First topic message reminder :

well, first day of hunting. got a lot done.

fought my way all the way to lagiacrus, on the port I just defeated rathian
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 7:30 am

Hunted many things today. Still low level stuff. I think i commited genocide and made a full armor-weapon set from jaggi.
Still cannot understand how the farm and the woods work in this game.
Back to top Go down
Animated_Shadow
Aptonoth
Animated_Shadow

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 7:44 am

bro got a Nintendo for his birthday, after 200+ hours of soloing, I'll finally have a companion!
Back to top Go down
http://ninetyninepercentgaming.wordpress.com/
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:11 am

Did all the solo Arena Quests at work during my free time, got S Rank with all the weapons. Hosted a room to finish my duo quests, got all of them done except Lagiacrus and Rust Duramboros. Hopefully, I can finish those today and start my 4 player Arena Quests.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:19 am

Today I got two Jinouga Skymeralds from a single G rank Jin hunt.

Fuck yeah. /sly/
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 11:58 am

Savage Jho has bit the dust! I have officially soloed every single creature in MH3U!

... Well... Didn't really "earn" savage jho... still HR87, but event Jho counts in my mind. A few more HR, and I will have earned Jho as well.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Pink Rathian... is haaaaarrrrd...
Back to top Go down
Fazermint
Kelbi
Fazermint

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:32 pm

I just beat the "Mark of a Hero" quest (9* Village) with HR equipment. I believe it was my 5th try, including giving up because I forgot antidotes, and giving up early because I screwed up.

My equipment: HR Brahcy armor with Evasion down gemmed out + Capture Guru, Dios Slicers DB (not the + version)

I. Lagi: I opened with a Shock trap + 2xBBL+. Then I opted to a defensive approach, only hitting 2-3 times then dodge the hell away before he zapped me. As he tripped or was drooling I could afford going into demon mode. It was a nerve-wrecking fight, but around 20 minutes in he started "blinking" (the cap guru thing) and I capped him.

A. Los + Brach: At first I tried to let them kill each other for about 5-10 mins using Mega Dash juices. I died once here. Then I realized time was starting to run out so I started attacking Alos while dodging Brach. This part was relatively easy as long as Brach was not in rage mode. He entered rage mode after a while, and killed me very quickly with an unforeseen ultra ninja bomb jump. My spirits were lowered at that moment, with only one life left. I pushed on, and soon Alos was blinking. Inconveniently enough, Brach was raging right then, so setting a trap for Alos required delicate timing. I pulled it off, though, and capped Alos. Now I could direct my full attention to Brach, and this final part was a cakewalk compared to the rest. With about 10 minutes left I capped the bastard, did a real life victory dance as the victory fanfare played.

A big achievement for me considering I used HR equip and many people have problems with this quest even with GR equip. And I got the Brachydios Gem I needed for my Dios Slicers+ :D

Next is Alatreon. I wonder if it is as challenging as Mark of a Hero....

Edit: Ouch, Alatreon's G-rank power too. Gotta prepare properly and gauge if I can beat him without G-rank equip.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:40 am

Today was pretty great. Now that I'm done with armor I got back to working on weapons. 

I started out farming Rathian for a mantle. On my first quest I got one! I was pretty jolly until I discovered I needed a second one. Great. I move onto Gold Rathian for some gleam and more mats for my sns. I got my mantle and mats and went on my way to a Silver Rathalos city. I tried heavy bowgunning him, but that went pretty horrible, so I went back to bow. I got my mats from him and moved onto Royal Ludroth.

I only needed 3 Flood Sacs. How hard could that be? Well... with the desire sensor looming over you, very. In the end I got them, and moved on to Lagi

I found a free Ivory Lagi city and went there. Everyone's equipment looked alright, but dang they really didn't know how to use it. The bow user just spammed lvl 1 shots (she wasn't kelbi bowing), and the dual blades user just spammed his demon's dance even though I. Lagi was aiming for him. After many carts in multiple quests, the bow user left without a word. She was probably too ashamed. I didn't want to farm anymore Lagi, so I went to Brach.

Nothing really eventful happened here, but after a couple quests I got a pallium. I didn't feel like farming Brach anymore, so I moved onto Deviljho.

Everyone wanted to do the new event, but I didn't, so I made my own city and it filled up in no time. Eventually someone did want to do the event, but whatever. I didn't care. This was my first Savage Jho fight, and dang he's fast, but it wasn't long before we killed it. All 3 left after that, and soon another person came. She wanted me to help with savage jho, so I agreed to. We departed for our quest, and right when it started... she disconnected. I didn't want to abandon, so I went along with soloing the beast. After 30 minutes and one cart, I finally slayed it. I broke its face twice, but didn't get the tail. I was pretty darn proud of myself, but I'm never doing that again.

Upgraded Marquis's Blazon to Duke's Blazon
Upgraded Corona+ to Golden Falchion to Golden Radius
Upgraded Crimson Rook to Silver Rook
Upgraded Fresh Hairblade to Premium Hairblade
Upgraded Demolition Gun to Ballista Demolisher 
Upgraded Ravenous Gunlance to Insatiable Gunlance
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra
bill_the_noob

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:23 am

miniature award done !
ok i "cheated" a bit on the last one ; i was doing the "sea of fire" or whatever the 3 agnas quest is called, to get a big crown; the second happened to be gold crown small, so i reset my 3DS and took the 2 brachy one ; (it works well offline, not sure online if it's the host or the one posting the quest that decides monster size)
now back to 3agnas and silver los for the last 2 big ones!
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 10:12 am

Got my arena awards yesterday, still got to complete some weapons for my earrings. Damn everyone and their Four Point Formation rooms. Once you get a group tho most people stay. After I get these, just need to finish my HR8 quests, then I will have the first 3 rows of awards completed xD Then off to upgrading and farming weapons/armor.
Back to top Go down
Fazermint
Kelbi
Fazermint

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 am

Can't manage to beat Alatreon with HR gear. Time runs out before I can kill him, and I have no idea if he was nearly dead or not... Guess I'll go online and get G-Rank gear finally.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:42 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Ataraxia, about feeling bad for limping monsters, just remember... you are not being "cruel". You were hired to removed these beasties for specific reasons. Read up on the contract you sign every time you go on a hunt. Some of these beasts have been pretty cruel, and/or are just overpopulating an area, and for the good of all the other beasts (and humans), you are putting them down.

You are a member of the Hunters Guild, and are not doing these things for "fun". Although, they are pretty fun, heheh.

Journal: I seem to suck at getting S in Arena battles... granted, its the first time I use any other weapons aside from the GS and HH on TriU, and I am not dying... its just completing them within the aloted time solo >_<
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Is it just me, or was Duramboros extremely easy? He was by far one of the slowest monsters I've fought, and I hardly got hit, although frustratingly I didn't learn how or where to mine him (I was given pickaxes for a reason) or break anything either, but other than that, it was pretty simple.

Now, onto the next missions. :P
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:27 pm

Crystalis: If you break the Duram's tail, you can then mine it after he jumps into the sky and lands motionless for a while. 

Also, does anybody know why I was given pickaxes on an Uragaan quest?
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Ataraxia, about feeling bad for limping monsters, just remember... you are not being "cruel". You were hired to removed these beasties for specific reasons. Read up on the contract you sign every time you go on a hunt. Some of these beasts have been pretty cruel, and/or are just overpopulating an area, and for the good of all the other beasts (and humans), you are putting them down.

You are a member of the Hunters Guild, and are not doing these things for "fun". Although, they are pretty fun, heheh.

Journal: I seem to suck at getting S in Arena battles... granted, its the first time I use any other weapons aside from the GS and HH on TriU, and I am not dying... its just completing them within the aloted time solo >_<

Normally I wouldn't think twice for those very reasons, and the fact that its a damn game made of pixels and code; but I seem to be all over the place lately... T_T

E&Troy wrote:
Crystalis: If you break the Duram's tail, you can then mine it after he jumps into the sky and lands motionless for a while.

I believe you can mine his tail the same way as Duramboros, don't hold me to that though.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:44 pm

E&Troy, when he falls over, you can mine his back.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:43 am

Today started out bad, but got better. This morning I started to farm jho for crooks. I just wanted to do some Rage Match, but all I saw were "SAVAGE" and "EVENT" cities. After no one came to my city, I decided to try one of the savage jho cities. They all sucked, so I opened up another city and finally got some people to do Rage Match. Unfortunately they also sucked, so I stopped for awhile. Once I got back on, I started another city and did some Rage Match. I also got a crook from the first quest. After some more regular Deviljhos I finally got my crooks and went on my way.

For no real reason I forged the Sand Barioth bow. It has good raw power, and uses most of the coatings. I forged it, but for an upgrade, I needed indigo tusks+. I created a city for high rank s. barioth, and it filled up faster than I expected. One of them didn't read the city name (titled: High Rank), and thought I was doing G rank based on my HR. She didn't even question why an HR5 joined us. After the first few quests, I got my tusks and disbanded the room.

I then farmed Silver Rathalos. I heavy gunned him for the first time and it was pretty fun, but the desire sensor loomed over me as I continued to receive zero gleam quest after quest. Highlight of the night was a mid-air kill I got before I moved onto gold rathian. Gold rathian still gave me no gleam, so I called it a night. I'll get my last gleam tomorrow.

Upgraded Anguish to Nero's Anguish
Upgraded Wrathful Predation to Nero's Wrath
Upgraded Insatiable Gunlance to Nero's Greed
Forged Lithe Saberbow and upgraded to Fallenfriede and to Rafalga Sandraider
Back to top Go down
2d6
Kelbi
2d6

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:19 am

Ataraxia wrote:

Quote :

I believe you can mine his tail the same way as Duramboros, don't hold me to that though.
You can mine Uragaans back when he falls over, good source of lava nuggets.
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:29 am

Well today I started hunting with just getting my HR 6+7 advanced quests out of the way, none of my friends where online so I found a city that was farming some Jhen, I didn't need it because I duo Jhen in local mode with my brother (Searinox, a fellow member of the forums) We're both HR 120+ so I figured this will be easy HRPs for me so I helped out, and gained cash for me to upgrade a few weapons, then I got a PM from one of my old Tri buds, I joined him and we completed my advs quests, forged and upgraded new weapons and to top it off, reached HR 144 today, started at 140 so I'm pretty happy, tomorrow I plan to hunt with my bro for Rath Gleems and other miscellaneous materials I may need in the upgrade process for my weapons.

Happy hunting!
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:50 am

Was able to finish all of my Arena Quests and finally got my Barrage/Sword Saint Piercings. Took some time home to solo the rest of my Lagiacrus, and a few Rust Duramboros. Went online and posted a room, filled up pretty quick and had some cool people. One guy joined that never has done Arena before, after his first run he loved it. Thanks to Will for helping me with my last quests. Worked on clearing my HR8 quests. Hopefully will finish that today.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:07 am

Just beat lagiacrus area with HBG solo, I feel like a fucking god. All those failed attempts...
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:40 am

Yamatsu wrote:
Just beat lagiacrus area with HBG solo, I feel like a fucking god. All those failed attempts...
Tell me bout it... i give up on soloing with HBG Arena Lagi because of so many fails... It's like a playground with other hunter. I guess ppl who did their arena in groups will never understand how hard some of the challanges are... like R.Duram with bow, Stygian, Lagi with HBG etc.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:52 pm

Didn't do a great deal today; just some miscellaneous High Rank quests, including Rathian, Barroth (for the Jhen village request) double Volvidon and the 7* Rathalos urgent.

Next step is to farm High Rank Barioth for the parts I need to upgrade my Ice Duals, then I need to work on getting the Agnaktor Fire duals; and from there possibly get Azure Los armour... which I believe requires me to head to Port Tanzia and clear stuff there.

/plan.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:39 pm

And now I just beat the arena 100% solo, apart from S ranks on everything.

Finally have barrage and sword saints piercing /ok/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next