Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 28 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 28 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+92
Rowiehz
Big Boss
Verity19
Vivi
dcj91x
Phazon Xenomorph
Wanderer Jiyuren
Chai
SovereignCoffee
JFizzle
Un-Tan
Retoman
Cambell
PerfectHeaD
rjthakid
LucentNargacuga
aninymouse
IBGenius
YamiGekusu
anduin55
It's meh
Andy124
Firpi
2d6
Fazermint
Yamatsu
BoredForLife
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Roik
Martoboyo
zeek
Randomhunter
JAGGIRIPPER
Archie
ShadowCeadeusDM324
IceMage88
WinNerd
Octondo
Roon
HaBa912
CottonEyedJho
Quentin
pumpkinslayer
Animated_Shadow
Enkidu
Unit33
sakura808
evahnulahm
Chagrilled
Tirith
brokemyfingers
Darklinghunter
Akai the White Lightning
haruno
X Kitsune X
Secun
Antari18
Will
Samochan
GobulHunterJames
Hawkfriend
E&Troy
TheLaw
laoshanicrus
blueberryvibe
Dross
Yuki
Ares
Amnesty
Gian
parasky
Snagglux
TKMT
Jake Johnson
Atalanta
Gilgames
RDC
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Sai_
DanielisAwesome52
Edsain
Ultimate Jaggi
Anonymin
Saisei
Sephastus
Velits
bill_the_noob
Silverwind
PAiN---
Lalo
96 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

Hunting Journal - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:36 am

First topic message reminder :

well, first day of hunting. got a lot done.

fought my way all the way to lagiacrus, on the port I just defeated rathian
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:54 am

Only a few awards on the last row left! Need my small gold crowns, and large gold crowns, Moga Village Points, and A few more weapons for the Blacksmith award. ^_^.

Going for Hammer -> Bow -> Lance & Gunlance -> Heavy Bowgun -> Sword & Shield -> Dual Blades -> Longsword, as my path to all weapon mastery. Already killed all monster types at least once with Hunting Horn, Greatsword & Light Bowgun.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:58 am

Congrats! Making a fine example of a Hunter.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Yesterday was odd, I did 6 Miralis runs and didn't get a single gem o.o On a normal day I could get a bunch, desire sensor welcomes me back well I guess lol. My fears were true, randoms doing G-rank Alatreon are so bad....like REALLY bad... but I did get the mats I needed to upgrade a lot my ala weapons to the 2nd form, I only did two runs because I couldn't handle the level of retardation people have. Also, did my first HBG run on Jhen. It was 3 of us, two piercers and one guy using brachy bow. Took him down pretty easy. Still need a bunch of brace+'s and allbraces ^.^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Is it just me or is the Low rank RLuddy like 3 time worse thn high rank. the high rank one just kinda stands around. The low rank one counter everything and is johnny on th espot to maximise an opening.
I dont need healing potions on HR luddy. I carted on LR Luddy! 0.0
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:03 pm

So I decided to go with LBG as my new weapon, had been thinking of doing something new cause I used to gun in Tri, but I like the change from SnS to gunning, such a different playing style.

Went with Ura X armor and Blossomayhem gun, didn't even have to go farming for mat.s to upgrade Yes by vort so far have only carted once, during the duram + rust duram quest when one of the fell on me.
Back to top Go down
Cambell
Aptonoth
Cambell

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 pm

I killed another Brachy and 2 steel uragaan's last night (neither were any trouble ;)) to get the pounders and scutes needed for the Brachy longsword upgrade. The blue sharpness is healthy and the Volvi armour I have dishesout the hurt :D

Well, Duramboros went down really quick with the upgraded Brachy longsword. I really like it! 8 minute hunt for it last night. Maintaining the pink hue to the LS really makes a huge difference to the output, hey?

Does anyone have a link for the figures and calcs on that?
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:50 pm

Cambell wrote:
Maintaining the pink hue to the LS really makes a huge difference to the output, hey?
RED. NOT PINK. D:

Yes, it makes a large difference compared to not using the buff. Not sure on the actual damage numbers for the various gauge colors, though.

However, I can say that I was able to kill Ivory Lagiacrus in about 15 minutes using the Hidden Blade+ on a near-perfect run with a red spirit gauge almost the entire time. My other run that I did I had bit of a harder time, and the majority of it was spent either white or nothing. I eventually capped it at 23 minutes.

Last edited by Crystalis on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:51 pm

sharpness mods from the Brady guide

Sharpness       Att        Elem
Red                0.5        0.25
Orange           0.75       0.5
Yellow            1.0         0.75
Green             1.05       1.0
Blue               1.2         1.06
White             1.32       1.13
Purple             1.44       1.2
Back to top Go down
Cambell
Aptonoth
Cambell

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:18 am

Crystalis wrote:

RED. NOT PINK. D:

Yes, it makes a large difference compared to not using the buff. Not sure on the actual damage numbers for the various gauge colors, though.

However, I can say that I was able to kill Ivory Lagiacrus in about 15 minutes using the Hidden Blade+ on a near-perfect run with a red spirit gauge almost the entire time. My other run that I did I had bit of a harder time, and the majority of it was spent either white or nothing. I eventually capped it at 23 minutes.
Haha ok! Ok! It's red :D (Still looks pink to me :P )

Yeah it seems to make a huge difference in all the hunts I've done with it.

The sharpness stats are also helpful Enkidu, thank you Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 8:02 am

Hunted all the monsters with Vivi yesterday. Fun times.
Let's see if I can remember everything...
Ludroth, Rathian, Rathalos, Uragaan, Gigginox, Gobul, Barioth, Lagiacrus, Agnaktor, Nibelsnarf and Duramboros... Probably missed something but meh. We hunter many things and some more than once.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:55 am

Went full on Hammer yesterday. My first hammer: Nero's Chaos... Skills:

Honed Blade
Knock Out King
Stamina Recovery
Hi Current Resist
(removed Crit Eye -2)

What power! Headlocked a Rathian in free-hunt village, and killed it in under a minute! My jaw dropped! Took down a Lagiacruz without much effort, but I can see alot of improvement, since I had a tough time getting the head only. What good is KO king if you don't consistantly go for the head? Would be better to get Stamina Drain... anyways, going to go for progressively harder mobs and then eventually trying it out with other players in port. I don't want to be a burden if playing with others while using a new weapon.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Went full on Hammer yesterday. My first hammer: Nero's Chaos... Skills:

Honed Blade
Knock Out King
Stamina Recovery
Hi Current Resist
(removed Crit Eye -2)

What power! Headlocked a Rathian in free-hunt village, and killed it in under a minute! My jaw dropped! Took down a Lagiacruz without much effort, but I can see alot of improvement, since I had a tough time getting the head only. What good is KO king if you don't consistantly go for the head? Would be better to get Stamina Drain... anyways, going to go for progressively harder mobs and then eventually trying it out with other players in port. I don't want to be a burden if playing with others while using a new weapon.
Stick with KO King - hunts online go too fast for exhaust status to be effective. Although the super events (ivory, brachy, stygian) exhaust is great - exhaust, pitfall, KO. Great combo for those hunts.

Broke down and started a new hunter character. 1st character - 750hrs, HR200+, all awards but the last two crown awards. 2nd character - who knows?
Back to top Go down
Cambell
Aptonoth
Cambell

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:15 am

I just completed the Pink rathian + Azure rathalos quest. Wasn't very hard at all... Is it just me or is the health of monsters in multiple-monster quests waaay less than normal?
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 7:45 am

Monsters in multi-monster quests do get reduced individual health pools, just to balance it out a bit. Many would argue it 'balances' it too much though ;)
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:56 pm

I wouldn't even say balanced. Multi monster quests are insanely easy, no challenge at all. Hence why people think they're OP at HR 999 doing 4PF lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:02 pm

The multi-monster quests are balance... for a solo player to be able to complete them. And that ends up being the problem. If they were left the same, then single players would not be able to put out enough dps to bring down a multi monster quest with more than 2 monsters.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:05 pm

HUNTER RANK 3!!!! WOOOOOO YEAHHH!!!
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:08 am

Started playing last night. I'm really surprised at how hard it is to get used to the CC controls when I so loved the Mote/Chuk setup from Tri. The camera is lethally hard to control, comparatively. The auto aim thing seems to help a bit, but gawd it feels so dAmneD cumbersome. I so wish mote/chuk worked on 3U. It'd be nice if you could at least re-congigure/re-map the controls on the gamepad.

Aside from that, it seems that the flow of battle and character actions are alot less fluid than I remember in Tri. Lancing definitely doesn't have the same cadence. Oh well, I'll get used to it.

I dunno how, but I already managed to pick up a Trapmaster+3 O in under 5 hours of play. Goes nice with my Alloy set.

I had forgotten how slow MH games start. It feels good to be beating the hell out of some Mobs again, though.

First R. Luddy I went after changed areas in under a minute during the initial encounter. That's RIGHT!! You Remember Me Don't YOU MF'er!!. You Gonna Learn Today!!
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 2:28 am

JFizzle wrote:
Started playing last night. I'm really surprised at how hard it is to get used to the CC controls when I so loved the Mote/Chuk setup from Tri. The camera is lethally hard to control, comparatively. The auto aim thing seems to help a bit, but gawd it feels so dAmneD cumbersome. I so wish mote/chuk worked on 3U. It'd be nice if you could at least re-congigure/re-map the controls on the gamepad.

Aside from that, it seems that the flow of battle and character actions are alot less fluid than I remember in Tri. Lancing definitely doesn't have the same cadence. Oh well, I'll get used to it.
I would agree with the bolded parts entirely, however I used the CCP in Tri and it wasn't hard to get used to the camera controls, you should be able to pick it up in no time, I found it hard to control the camera on the 3DS until I got my Circle Pad Pro attachment, anywho, enjoy the hunts and hopefully we'll get to hunt sometime /hap/ 
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:42 pm

TheLaw wrote:
Spoiler:

True that man. I can't wait to get to online and hunt with everyone in the community, but that certainly takes a lot of prep and practice, for me anyways. Gotta have quest essential mats, and the comfort level. I don't want to be a liability in any sense of the word.

I am getting used to the controls, but it is taking alot of deliberate attention. Tri had a the feel of Soul Calibre, while 3U seems to feel more like Tekken. There is a very palpable delay in-between nearly every action.

On the other hand, alot of the added features, in so far as I've yet seen, are very accomodating. I haven't been on-line yet, but from what I've gathered from some of the npc's, I feel that off-line farm and hunting fleet mats won't require as much time spent offline. I am looking forward to that. I used to loathe having to spend time offline to get certain essentials through the farm.

Overall, after acclimation, I think it's going to be win!
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:37 pm

three more weapons until Artisan's Hammer, but they're all ancient weapons. Earth Crystal farm in 3... 2... 1... GO!
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 11:52 pm

Spent the day working through to Volvidon. Finally have my Evade+1 set. I'm feeling very comfortable with the controls too...Finally!! It's quite hilarious having 2 Shakalakas distract the mob.

I think this is where I take it online.

Oh, would have been nice if someone would have warned me about Duramboros. His tells are pretty subtle. Only mob yet that has managed to 2x cart me.

Back to top Go down
SovereignCoffee
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:02 am

Lol it doesnt even matter he is considered the slowest brute wyvern, I actually almost ran out of time trying to kill him because I was so cautious.
Back to top Go down
Chai
Gore Magala
Chai

Thank you Points : 64

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 4:49 am

Slowly making my way through G-Rank. Just completed dual Brachy urgent in 37 minutes, got two gems & a pallium for my troubles!
Back to top Go down
Wanderer Jiyuren
Kelbi
Wanderer Jiyuren

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Today: Completed village low rank quests. Intend to graduate from Volvidon armor to Arzuros S next, then perhaps attempt to fight the Narga that appears in the high rank Wroggi quest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next